Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (428701 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 1:23pm On Apr 10, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Yeah, that's the problem. I think she doesn't have Visa. And Dubai will be an issue because her man can't fly long distance.

sucks! How is going for that side
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2019
Drenimarcus:

sucks! How is going for that side
Its going great bro. The journey is still on! smiley
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 7:12pm On Apr 10, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Its going great bro. The journey is still on! smiley

It is well. At least you are now finally with your fiancée, it will be easier. Wish you all the very best! We no kuku see djfrancis here again
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 11:38pm On Apr 10, 2019
nayee:
Mine says "Application Received"

After it is in Aplication Received status for some days, mine stays for 7 working days and it changed to Administrative Process again, that same day it change to Issue.

You are getting there...
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:52pm On Apr 11, 2019
kunlelikeme:
Good day guys,One more question please...Where do people living in Memphis Tennessee send the K1 application form?I have tried to get the info but it's really confusing
Your fiancee is to submit the Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
USCIS
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

I recommend you guys also fill and attach the G-1145 form in the submission so you'll be notified when the USCIS guys receive your application.

Please click on this link for more details
https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

Regards.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Anacye(f): 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2019
Drenimarcus:

No direct flights, think you have to fly to London and take a connecting flight to Barbados

Thanks a lot. I will take the Barbados
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2019
Anacye:

Thanks a lot. I will take the Barbados
Do you have a UK Visa? If you have then you are good.

I recommend you ask experienced travel agents the best way to travel to Barbados and the costs. You might also need to tell them the visas you have so they can look for the appropriate connecting flights that will suite you. Let them also know if you have no visa.

You can ask them on this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/3585472/flight-fare

Regards.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Anacye(f): 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Do you have a UK Visa? If you have then you are good.

I recommend you ask experienced travel agents the best way to travel to Barbados and the costs. You might also need to tell them the visas you have so they can look for the appropriate connecting flights that will suite you. Let them also know if you have no visa.

You can ask them on this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/3585472/flight-fare

I have no visa and yes i will love to ask them on the thread . Thanks so much

Regards.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
Hello Nairaland, just want to know how long it takes to get feedback from the United States after applying for K1, someone applied since dec, no feedback from them since dec

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 6:41pm On Apr 12, 2019
Libber:
Hello Nairaland, just want to know how long it takes to get feedback from the United States after applying for K1, someone applied since dec, no feedback from them since dec

Did the petitioner get any text or email from the uscis?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 12, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Did the petitioner get any text or email from the uscis?

Don’t really know,she applied on Dec 5th, she is using a lawyer, I will try to confirm from her if she receive any text message
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 11:35pm On Apr 12, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I'm yet to get my drivers license but I can tell you what I think are required. I'm not 100% sure though.

The documents required are your social security number, your passport photo, your international passport, your drivers license and evidence of place of residence (this I will use the mail I got from the bank, my marriage license and mail from SSN as they all have my residential address written on them) and i94 printout.

Note however that you must have resided in the State for 30 days before applying for Drivers license.

Bro, you can drive with an international drivers license in some states.

The SSN/Bank mail where you have your name and address printed on isnt always sufficient (i presented mine here in NY and it was rejected), your US bank card is accepted instead. Your Nigerian drivers license is not needed when you want to get a drivers license here

This depends on the state regulations where you reside. The best thing is to visit the DMV website or office closest to you.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 11:36pm On Apr 12, 2019
Drenimarcus:

It is well. At least you are now finally with your fiancée, it will be easier. Wish you all the very best! We no kuku see djfrancis here again

I still dey here bro. lol

You know say the process just dey start when you reach US.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2019
Libber:

Don’t really know,she applied on Dec 5th, she is using a lawyer, I will try to confirm from her if she receive any text message

This is a problem with using lawyers. I feel they delay the process instead of fast tracking it. All they do is input the info given to them and submit it, nothing else.

Some lawyers either dont input the info correctly especially the address so the NOAs go to different places or i have heard of instances where the lawyer didnt even submit the application.

If she applied in December, then should have gotten her NOA1 by now. Engage with the lawyer asap to know what's going on

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 12:22am On Apr 13, 2019
djfrancis:

I still dey here bro. lol

You know say the process just dey start when you reach US.

I think say you don forget us here. How that side bro.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sisiorente: 12:05am On Apr 14, 2019
If you said in your previous B1/B2 applications that you have kids (but they are just your step children)and now while filling your form, you said you dont have kids cos they are not your biological children. Can it affect d outcome of your interview.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 14, 2019
djfrancis:

This is a problem with using lawyers. I feel they delay the process instead of fast tracking it. All they do is input the info given to them and submit it, nothing else.

Some lawyers either dont input the info correctly especially the address so the NOAs go to different places or i have heard of instances where the lawyer didnt even submit the application.

If she applied in December, then should have gotten her NOA1 by now. Engage with the lawyer asap to know what's going on

Thanks I spoke with my brother and his fiancé , they both receive a mail last week of approval and was told to wait for 4 -6 weeks for a document, the mail contain a link but the link is not working, what should they do next. Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 14, 2019
sharpman1:
Additional info on the K1 Visa.

'A K-1 visa is a visa issued to the fiancé or fiancée of a United States citizen to enter the United States.

A K-1 visa requires a foreigner to marry his or her U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days of entry, or depart the United States. Once the couple marries, the foreign citizen can adjust status to become a lawful permanent resident of the United States (Green Card holder).

Although a K-1 visa is legally classified as a non-immigrant visa, it usually leads to important immigration benefits and is therefore often processed by the Immigrant Visa section of United States embassies and consulates worldwide.' (Wikipedia)

'K1 Visa Process

1. USCIS Filing: The United States citizen sponsor files the K1 visa petition with the USCIS by mailing the completed I-129F petition package along with a check to the Department of Homeland Security.

2. Notice of Action 1 (NOA1): Two to three weeks after mailing your petition, you will receive a notice of action (NOA1) indicating the USCIS has received your petition.

3. Notice of Action 2 (NOA2): Usually (currently), between 5 and 7 months after mailing your petition, you will receive a notice of action (NOA2) indicating the USCIS has approved, denied or requests additional evidence for your petition. If approved, you do nothing at this step. If you are denied, (end of story, marry your partner and file for a spousal visa). If you receive an RFE, you need to respond to it with the evidence requested.

4. NVC Phase: The service center that handled your petition forwards your case to the State Department’s NVC (National Visa Center). This will happen within two weeks of your approval. The NVC will run a security check on your fiance.

5. NVC to Embassy: If your fiance’s security check comes back clean, your approved K1 visa petition will be routed to the Bureau of Consular Affairs. The Bureau of Consular Affairs will send your file to the U.S. Embassy in your fiance’s country via DHL.

6. Embassy Letter: After receiving your visa petition, the U.S. Embassy (usually in the country of origin) sends the fiance a letter with instructions for scheduling the medical exam and interview.

7. Gather Embassy Documents: The U.S. Embassy will instruct the fiance to return some of the documents immediately. Other documents will be kept until the interview.

8. Medical Exam: The fiance must have a medical exam. The package sent to the fiance by the U.S. Embassy will explain how to schedule the medical exam.

9. Embassy Interview: The fiance must attend an interview at the U.S. Embassy. All applicants must bring their passport, including children of all ages. If children are joining on a K-2 visa, they must also attend the interview.

10. Visa Issued: If approved, there will usually be a wait of up to one week. The visa will be delivered via courier.

11. Travel to U.S.: The fiance has 6 months to use the visa to enter the United States. He or she will be given a package of documents by the U.S. Embassy which he or she will surrender at the Point of Entry (POE) into the United States.

12. Wedding: The petitioner must marry the alien fiance within 90 days of entry into the United States. If a wedding doesn’t take place within this time, the fiance must leave the United States. The 90 day clock starts on the date you enter the United States, which is normally stamped in your passport. The K1 visa beneficiary can only marry the person who submitted the petition. Eventually the alien must file an adjustment of status petition to receive the green card.' (RapidVisa)
Everything I need to know is here , Thanks everyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2019
sisiorente:
If you said in your previous B1/B2 applications that you have kids (but they are just your step children)and now while filling your form, you said you dont have kids cos they are not your biological children. Can it affect d outcome of your interview.
You'll need to clarify it to them during the interview.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sisiorente: 12:19pm On Apr 15, 2019
LegitBachelor:
You'll need to clarify it to them during the interview.

OK . Thanks for your response.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
djfrancis:

Bro, you can drive with an international drivers license in some states.

The SSN/Bank mail where you have your name and address printed on isnt always sufficient (i presented mine here in NY and it was rejected), your US bank card is accepted instead. Your Nigerian drivers license is not needed when you want to get a drivers license here

This depends on the state regulations where you reside. The best thing is to visit the DMV website or office closest to you.
Yeah each State do have their own requirements. Mine is Texas.

Driving with International Drivers License with an immigrant visa is generally not allowed. Only people with visit visa are allowed because they are not residents.

I will update the house when I finally get my Drivers License. I want to wait until I have evidence that I've resided in Texas for a month.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by folarinstr: 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hello House,
Pls want to ask for a friend. He has a woman friend wanting to visit him here but he told the woman she has to visit the embassy there for biometrics which he said its a new development to get a Nigerian visa but the woman has refused to visit the Nigerian embassy there because she claimed it's too far from where she lives. If she go, she will have to spend money on hotel, feeding, flight ticket which would be too expensive
So I'm asking, is it undermost she appear at the embassy for the biometric or she should use a company to get her the visa or the embassy will surely acknowledge her request if she send in her application through post office or courier service?
Looking forward to reading your swift reply, thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Tonello(m): 10:42pm On Apr 15, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Yeah each State do have their own requirements. Mine is Texas.

Driving with International Drivers License with an immigrant visa is generally not allowed. Only people with visit visa are allowed because they are not residents.

I will update the house when I finally get my Drivers License. I want to wait until I have evidence that I've resided in Texas for a month.
folarinstr:
Hello House,
Pls want to ask for a friend. He has a woman friend wanting to visit him here but he told the woman she has to visit the embassy there for biometrics which he said its a new development to get a Nigerian visa but the woman has refused to visit the Nigerian embassy there because she claimed it's too far from where she lives. If she go, she will have to spend money on hotel, feeding, flight ticket which would be too expensive
So I'm asking, is it undermost she appear at the embassy for the biometric or she should use a company to get her the visa or the embassy will surely acknowledge her request if she send in her application through post office or courier service?
please I lost my original birth certificate can I use affidavits for the fiancee visa processing someone please help me with an answer asap thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 11:22pm On Apr 15, 2019
folarinstr:
Hello House,

She has to go. My fiancée flew all the way to La and back same day, she was stressed and tired. If she truly wanna come, she will go do the biometrics and all, doesn’t take 10 minutes sef
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 11:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
Tonello:
please I lost my original birth certificate can I use affidavits for the fiancee visa processing someone please help me with an answer asap thanks

Go to local government for a new one or npc.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by folarinstr: 3:45am On Apr 16, 2019
Thanks for the swift response, I appreciate. Hope she can use a company to procure it? The company is collecting $500 which includes the visa fee
Drenimarcus:

She has to go. My fiancée flew all the way to La and back same day, she was stressed and tired. If she truly wanna come, she will go do the biometrics and all, doesn’t take 10 minutes sef
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 5:13am On Apr 16, 2019
folarinstr:
Thanks for the swift response, I appreciate. Hope she can use a company to procure it? The company is collecting $500 which includes the visa fee

Even if she uses a company, she has to do biometrics. No 2 ways about it. If it’s you say so and stop using this “friend” level
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 7:47am On Apr 16, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Even if she uses a company, she has to do biometrics. No 2 ways about it. If it’s you say so and stop using this “friend” level

lol.

@ Drenimarcus have you done the Medical ?Were you able to get the passport photos as discussed earlier ?

How is it going bro?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 9:49am On Apr 16, 2019
abekeade1:

lol.

@ Drenimarcus have you done the Medical ?Were you able to get the passport photos as discussed earlier ?

How is it going bro?

Going good sis, no, I haven’t gone for medical yet, will do that next month and police report. Got a date in June. How are you and how is it going? Best wishes

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Hasedeyhot101: 10:32am On Apr 16, 2019
folarinstr:
folarinstr:

Bro, she doesn’t have to go through company. Just send her a letter of invitation. Then as regards the biometric it’s a must and it cost $90. She will pay it when she get there
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Tonello(m): 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Go to local government for a new one or npc.
Thank you and please when is the letter of intent to marry meant to be written? Can it be written while gathering evidence to submit to USCIS? Who is meant to write it the beneficiary or the petitioner?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 1:11pm On Apr 16, 2019
Tonello:

Thank you and please when is the letter of intent to marry meant to be written? Can it be written while gathering evidence to submit to USCIS? Who is meant to write it the beneficiary or the petitioner?

Both of you write the letter of intent, you include it the petition to the uscis. You can google for t or check earlier pages for it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.