Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court (10415 Views)

Sfiso Ncwane Buys Car For Francis Anosike, Nigerian Pastor For Healing Him (pics / How To Be A Nigerian Pastor – By Segun Dada / Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by nuclearboy(m): 11:33am On Jul 19, 2010
Nobody blamed Elisha but Elisha did give Gehazi a lovely parting present - Naaman's problem!

BTW, Akingbola was not Adeboye's servant and not even Adeboye's minister but a minister of God ordained to that role by Adeboye.

I do not blame Pastor Adeboye but I am not finding excuse for him either!
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2010
WHY IS THIS STRANGE TO YOU, ALMOST ALL PASTORS ARE THIEVES RUNNING SCAM WITH THE BIBLE. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO BUY PRIVATE JETS, OR DID YOU EVER BELIEVE ITS TITHE AND OFFERING MONEY FROM POOR NIGERIANS WHO ARE ACTUALLY 90% OF THE CONGREGATIONS THAT THE PASTORS USE ?

OYedepo, Adeboye, Chris Oyhakilome and so on, many are involved in womanizing, brain-washing of the ignorant, outright theft of church funds, drugs related, lying about prophesies of God, fake healings etc.

None of our so-called modern day Christian are real, you could see it in their eyes. I dont part with my money to them, except for sincere old fashion catholic church, thats where there is dignity.
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by honeric01(m): 11:51am On Jul 19, 2010
Tudór:

Was he not a pastor??
Why exactly are you crying?

Sorry, what were you saying?
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by oisehumen(m): 11:53am On Jul 19, 2010
He is not an ordained pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
He is just an elder in the church.
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by Tudor6(f): 11:55am On Jul 19, 2010
tkb417:

So Jesus failed for taking Judas as his discipile?

he should have known Judas was gonna betray him
tkb417:

Pastor AIO
dont be in a haste to post things

maybe you have forgotten that Judas Iscariot was a disciple of our Lord Jesus

oh yeah, Judas was a cog in the wheel of Jesus.

Maybe you have also forgotten the famous Priest Eli in the bible whose children (hophni and Phinehas) not sure of spellings were so ungoldly they were also at cross purposes with what their father was preaching.

Have u also forgotten King Saul?
he was commanded by God not to take the spoils of war and after conquering the war, he took some of the things God commanded him not to take and oh yeah the spirit of God left him

Im sure you can remember what samuel said about the spirit of disobedience

I am not justifying what Akingbola did cos to me, he should be sent to Kirikiri for life for not only defrauding the bank but for also bringing Xtianity into disrepute. My point is, being called a Pastor doesnt guarantee anything and i according to the bible, not all those who call me God will see the kingdom of God. So pls refrain from attaching his evil deeds to The G.O

thanks

I dont really understand your comparism

1. According to the story, Jesus KNEW he was to be betrayed. Infact, it was prophesied thousands of years before he came. Right before the betrayal he informed judas to go do his deed.

2. Who appointed Eli priest? God. And when his sons misbehaved they were punished by god and so was Eli too as he was held responsible for his sons deeds.

3. Saul was anointed by samuel. His heart was right in the begining. But as soon as he messed up, samuel KNEW, condemned him and set on to find a new king.

4. elijah servant gehazi went and collected gifts. Even before he arrived in the presence of the prophet, he already KNEW what went down and Elijah dismissed and cursed him.

Now, pastor Erastus had been looting/embezzling and mismanaging for YEARS. All that while remaining pastor and Adeboye's close spiritual and financial buddy. Somehow it only took the EFCC for adeboye to know his prayer buddy is a thief??

Is that the way its supposed to be?
Its one of two things, either Adeboye knew and chose to do nothing because of his greed or He didnt know at all because he isnt a true man of god.

Either way, it proves he is a crook and nothing close to a man of god.
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by deliceshop(m): 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2010
Well my say here is that BIRD OF SAME FEATHERS that is what they are

All of them they use the Name of God to cover up and rob innocent ppl who can not even afford a meal

Well I was told that Nigeria now prayer from a Pastor now it cost money.

Back in those days Pastors will tell you babalawo are fake becos you have to pay them, what are we to say now that Pastor is a thife?

I can tell you a BABALAWO will not thief if he his a bank manager

Well bible says we are all the church and temple of GOD what are you looking for arround my fellow ppl

take you father mother children wife and yourself stay in a room and pray GOD will answer that prayer faster then anybodies prayer

That is the True

What is the different between a magician and a pastor now adays, ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Only GOD know

ADEBOYE will not say he did not know but it a finacial back bone and you want him to go to another church nooooo i must tell you nigeria church is a business centre GOD for give us all

Thank you for your time BABA GOD you tooooooooooo NICE
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by Omolulu(m): 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2010
so he has sinned for making money,
all of you criticizing adeboye and akingbola would end up being worse than they were if you wore their shoes
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by tkb417(m): 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2010
Tudor
dont even go there

what about God and Lucifer? are you saying God should have known Lucifer was gonna turn from a super angel to the persecutor of xtians?

are you saying God should have known Adam and Eve would eat the forbidden fruits?

are you saying God isnt powerful since he couldnt foretell all these

any idea?
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2010
Christianity and Islam are the great scam of the millennium and The Bible and Koran are the great scam letters ever written. What do you expect from Ordained scam artists and 419 pastors ?
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by CarlosVent(m): 12:19pm On Jul 19, 2010
PASTORS NEEDS PRAYERS DATS WHY U SHOULD BE PRAYING FOR THEM.
ANYTIN TEMPTATION CAN COME AND DONT SAY ANYTHING AGAINST D HOLY GHOST WHEN U SEE THEM GO ASTRAY COS D SIN CANT BE FORGIVEN.

ADVICEEE
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2010
This Cosmic entity called GOD is a neither an anomaly or a constant feature of the known and unknown universe. He is absolute nothing and yet definable something. He is infinte peace and at the same time total war. He is neither here no there and yet commands us to be either hot or cold while he can choose to remain lukewarm.

God knows the begining of beginings and the end of ends, yet the calamity that befalls the world and he watches because he has planned the end and knows the begining (even me sef i confuse) but let us not dwell on why we cannot explain God. he is a divine mystery that needs no explanation that the human mind can offer, you simply take it or leave it. If my 40-day fasting and prayer does not work out,  well; God's time is the best  sad . if I get a Job on the 5th, 20th, 30th or 40th or 41st day, then He has answereth mya prayer  grin
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by deliceshop(m): 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

This Cosmic entity called GOD is a neither an anomaly or a constant feature of the known and unknown universe. He is absolute nothing and yet definable something. He is infinte peace and at the same time total war. He is neither here no there and yet commands us to be either hot or cold while he can choose to remain lukewarm.

God knows the begining of beginings and the end of ends, yet the calamity that befalls the world and he watches because he has planned the end and knows the begining (even me sef i confuse) but let us not dwell on why we cannot explain God. he is a divine mystery that needs no explanation that the human mind can offer, you simply take it or leave it. If my 40-day fasting and prayer does not work out, well; God's time is the best sad . if I get a Job on the 5th, 20th, 30th or 40th or 41st day, then He has answereth mya prayer grin

Do not be fustrated just pray to him and believe you will see you will get your job in 7days

why i love nigeria is becos its a country where people believe in FAITH
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by kobikwelu(m): 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2010
pity that the above topic has degenerated into a debate about religion cry cry cry cry cry

am not surprised, the people stoking these flames are the same principal actors,

young ones that are supposed to be liberal and accommodating, instead they have taken over from the older generation and are more averse to change,

yet they blame the older generation for lack of understanding,

after all these man-hrs  have been spent on this topic, not an inch is given or taken, they go home and rest,

when the issue of religion comes up again, they are up in arms an digg into their trenches, defending their own faiths/belief/prefrence, in the end, nothing gets achieved,

as the isreal/arabs would say, "its a vicious cycle"
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by Tudor6(f): 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2010
tkb417:

Tudor
dont even go there

what about God and Lucifer? are you saying God should have known Lucifer was gonna turn from a super angel to the persecutor of xtians?

are you saying God should have known Adam and Eve would eat the forbidden fruits?

are you saying God isnt powerful since he couldnt foretell all these

any idea?
according to the story, god threw satan out as soon as he rebelled. God also KNEW adam annd eve had sinned and threw them out. So what is your point exactly?

That Daddy G.O didnt know?
This just begs the question.
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by tkb417(m): 1:11pm On Jul 19, 2010
Tudór:

according to the story, god threw satan out as soon as he rebelled. God also KNEW adam annd eve had sinned and threw them out. So what is your point exactly?

That Daddy G.O didnt know?
This just begs the question.
You dont get it

G.O should have known if he was spiritually sound
God should have known Lucifer was gonna rebel is thats the case

Akingbola got found out by EFCC and hw as kicked away from the house of God
so?
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by Tudor6(f): 1:12pm On Jul 19, 2010
CarlosVent:

PASTORS NEEDS PRAYERS DATS WHY U SHOULD BE PRAYING FOR THEM.
ANYTIN TEMPTATION CAN COME AND DONT SAY ANYTHING AGAINST D HOLY GHOST WHEN U SEE THEM GO ASTRAY COS D SIN CANT BE FORGIVEN.

ADVICEEE

So, according to you, its the ''Holy Ghost'' that sent them pastors to go and loot?
Coz i dont see how condemning a theiving pastor constitutes sin against HG

In that case, if you see the Holy Ghost, tell him/her/it to refund our money.
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by Tonyet1(m): 1:21pm On Jul 19, 2010

Judas Iscariot was called to be a disciple  --> got involved in looting funds from the treasury whilst a disciple --> Until His greed messed him up

Erastus was called to be a pastor --> got involved in looting funds from Nigeria whilst a pastor of RCCG --> Until his greed messed him up

whats the big deal about Daddy Adeboye and not being able to detect a thief stuff? why didnt Jesus kill Judas(his pastor) for "stealing"
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by Tudor6(f): 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2010
tkb417:

You dont get it

so?
tkb417:

You dont get it

so?
NO. Its you who dont get it with your silly excuses.

In all the cases you presented, the principals KNEW AS SOON AS their servants or whatever went astray and appropriate punishments where given.

Question here is Erastus was looting and embezzling billions for YEARS even sharing it with Adeboye, what is your G.O's excuse ??
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by Ibomade1: 1:27pm On Jul 19, 2010
You can run but you can't hide.
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by boombell: 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2010
Well, i av read all the comment so far,If Akingbola is just ordinary true BORN AGAIN,not to talk of being an elder or ordained as pastor,he is not suppose to av looted innocent people money,i dont think there is a portion of bible that ask a born again to loot.And for baba Adeboye,i think baba should av suspected this in the first instance,but may God forgive all of us.Akingbola av definately brought shame to other pastors and the Xtian family.
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by tkb417(m): 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2010
Tudór:

NO. Its you who dont get it with your silly excuses.

In all the cases you presented, the principals KNEW AS SOON AS their servants or whatever went astray and appropriate punishments where given.

Question here is Erastus was looting and embezzling billions for YEARS even sharing it with Adeboye, what is your G.O's excuse ??
NO SIR!!!!!

The principals in the cases we presented only got found out when the actions became public knowledge

God did not know about Lucifer till he started his rebelion.

G.O did not know till EFCC found him out. If God didnt know Lucifer was gonna rebel, how would you expect G.O to know Akingbola was stealing prior to EFCCs investigations

is G.O Central Bank?

as for Adam and Eve, God got to know when they were hiding their unclothedness? why didnt God shout their names when they were about to eat the fruit?  The disciplinary action was after they got found out

G.O got to know after the thing became a public thing and yes, the man was derobed
saying G.O should have known when he was stealing when he isnt the director of banking supervision is erroneous
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by Mkpotu(m): 1:39pm On Jul 19, 2010
I don't think it is proper dragging Pastor E.O Adeboye into this Erastus' scandal. Adeboye, I know will never for once ask Erastus to go and steal money from his bank and bring to the church.

The fact that Erastus worships in RCCG and at the same time a pastor does not make Adeboye liable/responsible for any purported acts done by Erastus in his secular life.

For God's sake, if not for whatever that must have happened recently in the banking industry, you and I know that ordinary bankers live affluent life, let alone a distinguished banker of over 20years standing and an M.D of one of the then fastest growing banks. Erastus while as M.D of a bank, even if he buys house and gives to Adeboye, ordinarily nobody will question that because people believe that he is equal to the task but the situation would have been different if a young man that just secured job in a bank or any firm comes the next day to say he bought a house worth so so million either for himself or for his pastor, that type ordinarily requires probe into the source of his wealth.

Let me now ask, What do you expect Adeboye to do especially when there has not been any information/allegations to him against Erastus, is it for him to be checking the account balances of all members of RCCG or to be checking their investments in order to know when they are stealing money in their offices? Please, if we want to condemn an act that is wrong, we should do it and not bringing in sentiments and dragging in persons that are not supposed to be dragged into a particular issue. Is it because Adeboye is a Nigerian, should we hold the Head of the Catholics, Anglicans, Juddaism, Islam or any other congregation responsible for the sins of their members.

Enough of these haters of men of God, I am not holding brief for anybody but when we criticize, we do that constructively and not out of sentiment.
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by SweetT1: 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2010
This is really good and funny at the same time. There is no need for Nigeria to extradite his butt, freeze all of his assets to the point of minimum wage then he can start looking for a minimum wage in the UK. When he gets tired, he will return to Nigeria on his own and on bended knees at that. I despise thieves and buttholes.
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by kobikwelu(m): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2010
Insert Quote
I don't think it is proper dragging Pastor E.O Adeboye into this Erastus' scandal. Adeboye, I know will never for once ask Erastus to go and steal money from his bank and bring to the church.

The fact that Erastus worships in RCCG and at the same time a pastor does not make Adeboye liable/responsible for any purported acts done by Erastus in his secular life.

For God's sake, if not for whatever that must have happened recently in the banking industry, you and I know that ordinary bankers live affluent life, let alone a distinguished banker of over 20years standing and an M.D of one of the then fastest growing banks. Erastus while as M.D of a bank, even if he buys house and gives to Adeboye, ordinarily nobody will question that because people believe that he is equal to the task but the situation would have been different if a young man that just secured job in a bank or any firm comes the next day to say he bought a house worth so so million either for himself or for his pastor, that type ordinarily requires probe into the source of his wealth.

Let me now ask, What do you expect Adeboye to do especially when there has not been any information/allegations to him against Erastus, is it for him to be checking the account balances of all members of RCCG or to be checking their investments in order to know when they are stealing money in their offices? Please, if we want to condemn an act that is wrong, we should do it and not bringing in sentiments and dragging in persons that are not supposed to be dragged into a particular issue. Is it because Adeboye is a Nigerian, should we hold the Head of the Catholics, Anglicans, Juddaism, Islam or any other congregation responsible for the sins of their members.

Enough of these haters of men of God, I am not holding brief for anybody but when we criticize, we do that constructively and not out of sentiment.

ehnnnnn dont go there plssss

if one of your pastors is a fornicator??

what does that say about the church and the kind of spiritual nourishment that is being rendered by the pastor in question
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by tkb417(m): 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2010
kobikwelu:

ehnnnnn dont go there plssss

if one of your pastors is a fornicator??

what does that say about the church and the kind of spiritual nourishment that is being rendered by the pastor in question
im sure its in the bible that we shouldnt look at the Pastor but listen to his teachings

if the Pastor is a fornicator, thats his own palaver. All ma for him/herself when the end time comes
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by kobikwelu(m): 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2010
^^^^^^

yeah rite,

and this is the same person that you want to lead a church of up to 3000members?

BTW show me where in the bible it says so
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by manmustwac(m): 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2010
@Mkpotu
So in other words Adeboye didn't have a clue about where his church funds come from? He dosen't even care to scrutiniase who gives him large amounts of money or even bother to reject it if he suspects it comes from a fraudulent source. Coz if he did refuse money he would never be able to afford to buy his expensive Jet.
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by Vavavoom(m): 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2010
tkb417:

NO SIR!!!!!

The principals in the cases we presented only got found out when the actions became public knowledge

God did not know about Lucifer till he started his rebelion.

G.O did not know till EFCC found him out. If God didnt know Lucifer was gonna rebel, how would you expect G.O to know Akingbola was stealing prior to EFCCs investigations

is G.O Central Bank?

as for Adam and Eve, God got to know when they were hiding their unclothedness? why didnt God shout their names when they were about to eat the fruit? The disciplinary action was after they got found out

G.O got to know after the thing became a public thing and yes, the man was derobed
saying G.O should have known when he was stealing when he isnt the director of banking supervision is erroneous

Maybe you should check the meaning of omniscient before typing the bolded part next time.
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by Vavavoom(m): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2010
@ topic,

Good freeze. The next line should be a fast trial and if found guilty all frozen monies sent to Intercontinental Bank Nigeria. Such monies should be appropriately or share-wise distributed to Intercontinental Bank shareholders who lost their monies investing on a ruse set up by Akingbola and Ololo and co.
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by tkb417(m): 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2010
Vavavoom:

Maybe you should check the meaning of omniscient before typing the bolded part next time.
im not an illiterate

add or remove to the debate going on and dont throw meaningless add ons

kobikwelu:

^^^^^^

yeah rite,

and this is the same person that you want to lead a church of up to 3000members?

BTW show me where in the bible it says so
i dont know where it can be found in d bible but i know its there

and whats your 3000 members spat al about?
was it Adeboye that stole money?
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by Osimaco: 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2010
Sweet T:

This is really good and funny at the same time. There is no need for Nigeria to extradite his butt, freeze all of his assets to the point of minimum wage then he can start looking for a minimum wage in the UK. When he gets tired, he will return to Nigeria on his own and on bended knees at that. I despise thieves and buttholes.

hm
Re: Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court by Vavavoom(m): 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2010
tkb417:

im not an illiterate

add or remove to the debate going on and dont throw meaningless add ons
i dont know where it can be found in d bible but i know its there

and whats your 3000 members spat al about?
was it Adeboye that stole money?

I don't recall calling you one either, only said to check/proof read b4 puslishing, when you write such a statement in a public forum: ''God did not know about Lucifer till he started his rebelion'' you deny the omniscience of God. to say God did not know is to deny that trait of ALL-KNOWING. Besides, an illiterate is one who can't read or write, but you can; just your proof reading*apparent lack of it actually* that was called into question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? / Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? / What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.