Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (278767 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ojbig1: 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
Please how do you use the two insecticide do you combine or use separately
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2020
ojbig1:
Please how do you use the two insecticide do you combine or use separately
we combine not just the two but also Haifa,technkel calcium,ridomil gold,punch and DD force,but make sure to spray late evening,don't spray in the morning.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ojbig1: 4:51pm On Dec 21, 2020
Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.
I planted my tomato nursery yesterday. When will I start application of fungicide and pesticides. The variety I planted are jaraah rz and uc26
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:04am On Dec 22, 2020
ojbig1:
Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.
I planted my tomato nursery yesterday. When will I start application of fungicide and pesticides. The variety I planted are jaraah rz and uc26
nursery application of fungicide is necessary to prevent damping off, maybe from 2 weeks or less

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 7:54am On Dec 22, 2020
okoroemeka:
the major pitfall we discovered in a tomato farm project is insects,they are the main transmitters of tomato viral diseases,we followed a weekly insecticides application with lackadaisical approach thinking it is cucumbers that can live happily with whitefly,,not until we lost a few crops to tomato leaf curl virus that made us sit up and buckle hard to climb out of the pit, luckily we are able to crush the whitefly infestation while discarding 10-15 infected crops, the Battle of a tomato farm is won or lost at the Frontlines with insects,they are the enemy,from whiteflies,thrips,mites,hopper, caterpillars,etc
Keep it up man. How often do u spray insecticides now?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Mgbadike80: 8:29am On Dec 22, 2020
okoroemeka:
nursery application of fungicide is necessary to prevent damping off, maybe from 2 weeks or less
Please, what's the size of the plot of land? Please, i have 13 plots of land clustered in the same area, it has a seasonal stream nearby and i would really appreciate advice from you on what to plant there. I have no previous farming experience, have a very stressful and time consuming job and the land is quite far from my current location (#200 transportation fee).
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2020
Mgbadike80:
Please, what's the size of the plot of land? Please, i have 13 plots of land clustered in the same area, it has a seasonal stream nearby and i would really appreciate advice from you on what to plant there. I have no previous farming experience, have a very stressful and time consuming job and the land is quite far from my current location (#200 transportation fee).

If the river is seasonal, then farm only during rainy season.

Check that the land is secure against hoodlums

Also check if it's prone to herdsmen invasion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Mgbadike80: 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2020
tpben:

If the river is seasonal, then farm only during rainy season.

Check that the land is secure against hoodlums

Also check if it's prone to herdsmen invasion.

thanks for the advice, houses are close by so fear for stealing of produce by locals is why i haven't turned it into a plantain plantation.
I intend using some of it as a school in the future so i can't turn it into a palm plantation. If i should go for cassava or cocoyam, the labour costs would up my profits so i have decided to try cocoyam or cassava on only a plot measuring 100'x100' to as a test run. There's a cattle market in the town so herdsmen invasion is a concern but i would ask the local farmers more about it. Honestly, i didn't realise how difficult a decision this is until now.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 10:54am On Dec 23, 2020
okoroemeka:
we combine not just the two but also Haifa,technkel calcium,ridomil gold,punch and DD force,but make sure to spray late evening,don't spray in the morning.
Bozz I followed pistotia model, i apply micro nutrient and npk through drip. while i spray only with pesticide n sometimes fungicide. � to be on the safe side.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Zhitsu: 12:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
okoroemeka:
we are using a combination of punch(abamectin) and DD force(dichlorovous),I don't think any caterpillar variety will survive such bombardment,but we are still watching,but a mixture that crushed whiteflies will swat aside caterpillars with ease.

Good afternoon boss, please what quantity of punch should l use per knapsack for my cucumber farm??
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 3:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
Zhitsu:

Good afternoon boss, please what quantity of punch should l use per knapsack for my cucumber farm??
one of the plastic measuring cup,40 ml I think per knapsack
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2020
Boss in the house...please the watering of cucumber twice daily should start when? Is it immediately after sowing
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by uche393: 7:33pm On Dec 24, 2020
good evening all, pls what's the current market price of cu999 in the south east, I want to do my first harvest 27th this month
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ilebaye2017(m): 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hello friends. I wish you all the best of this season and a wonderful celebration. Please Nairalanders I want help on how to get chicken and pig manure treated for okro farm. I want to have the okro planted by latest mid January.
Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by essay007(m): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
ilebaye2017:
Hello friends. I wish you all the best of this season and a wonderful celebration. Please Nairalanders I want help on how to get chicken and pig manure treated for okro farm. I want to have the okro planted by latest mid January.
Thanks
Go to poultry or where they rear pigs and ask for the manure (the one that's has been kept for a couple of months).
Also cure it a while longer before applying. Cheers
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:13pm On Dec 29, 2020
PLEASE I STAY SOME WHERE IN OGUN STATE, I HAVE A PLOT AND HALF OF MY OWN WITH MY BUILDING IN IT, HAVE AT LEAST 3 PLOTS BELONGING TO FRIENDS WHO ARE NOT YET READY TO BUILD IN IT NOW, THERE IS ANOTHER BIG POULTRY FARM CLOSE TO ME WHERE I CAN ACCESS FREE ORGANIC MANURE, MY PLAN IS TO SOURCE FOR MONEY BETWEEN NOW AND MARCH AND DIG A WELL, GET IRRIGATION KITS AND FULLY GO INTO INTO CUCUMBER FARMING. MY FEARS IS THAT I DID. CUCUMBER 2017 BUT LOST THE FARM DUE TO DRAUGHT, MY FEAR IS IS GOING FULLY INTO CUCUMBER WORTH LEAVING A JOB OF N60K?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ilebaye2017(m): 10:22am On Dec 30, 2020
essay007:

Go to poultry or where they rear pigs and ask for the manure (the one that's has been kept for a couple of months).
Also cure it a while longer before applying. Cheers
Thanks a bunch for the info. But sir how is the curing done sir.Thank you
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ojbig1: 4:02pm On Dec 31, 2020
okoroemeka:

Complements of the season to everyone please concerning the above I want to ask what measurement of sharpshooter and z force should I use per litre to spray a 12 day old seedling?
@okoroemeka, and other gurus I need your input
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Chinatown1759: 11:59pm On Dec 31, 2020
okoroemeka:
what we noticed is that a good nematicides will control not only nematodes but visible insects like cucumber bettles,hoppers, caterpillars for 20_30 days,,but during dry season like now the insect attack has moved to the microscopic level,you will have a full insect invasion and you will barely see them,i highly doubt if nematicide can control spider mite,broad mite,thrips,whitefly,aphids,these are the common insects during dry season and they are the most difficult to eradicate.,

Am finding it very difficult to eradicate whitefly on my cucumber farm. Am using DD force. Once i finish killing them today, tomorrow there siblings will come looking for them, and then u will know u haven't started.
Please who have successfully eradicated whitefly and how.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Mide3367: 2:55am On Jan 01, 2021
Hi ya all, I am olu and I am into Cassava investment. I will help u set up 10 acres cassava farm and monitor till harvest. Once it is ready for harvest, offtakers will come pick all and u get your ROI. So if u have up to 10 acres, reach me via my signature. But if u don't have land, land is available for lease in Osun state (Ikoyi) for the cassava farming. ROI on 10 acres is minimum of 2m at harvest minus cost of investment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd9nJedRoCo
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by emmaachile2(m): 6:57am On Jan 01, 2021
Chinatown1759:

Am finding it very difficult to eradicate whitefly on my cucumber farm. Am using DD force. Once i finish killing them today, tomorrow there siblings will come looking for them, and then u will know u haven't started.
Please who have successfully eradicated whitefly and how.
If you can get this Lancer Acephate 750 SP, or any acephate product, it's used once in a season on the plant. It's the most effective since it's systemic in operation.
If you cant see the above, Use either bifenthrin (Sniper) or Chlorpyrifos. Spray once a week for like 2 weeks.
Make sure you spray underneath the leafs for total elimination of the aphids.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ojbig1: 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2021
Please I need suggestions. I did a tomato nursery using coco peat and chicken manure. After 10 day the seedlings started dying mostly the stem shrinks before it die.
I consulted and realized the manure is the culprit.
Am ready to do a fresh nursery using coco peat and npk 15:15:15 dissolved in water.
Do I use this method or use coco peat and plain water.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by OluchiDelly: 1:47am On Jan 05, 2021
emmaachile2:

If you can get this Lancer Acephate 750 SP, or any acephate product, it's used once in a season on the plant. It's the most effective since it's systemic in operation.
If you cant see the above, Use either bifenthrin (Sniper) or Chlorpyrifos. Spray once a week for like 2 weeks.
Make sure you spray underneath the leafs for total elimination of the aphids.

Glad that you returned bro. You ve bn a source of inspiration to NL agro community.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Ajanidokun: 4:50am On Jan 05, 2021
The following are available for sale at reduced prices from my farm
1000m unused drip irrigation tape (0.3mm, 40cm)
Surface pumping machine
Connectors for drip tape
Give me your best offer
Location is Ijebu-Igbo.
Zero-9-0 26962919 call only
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by emmaachile2(m): 10:25am On Jan 05, 2021
OluchiDelly:

Glad that you returned bro. You ve bn a source of inspiration to NL agro community.
Thanks.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 4:27pm On Jan 05, 2021
watching and waiting for our tomato farm to turn red,the journey has been smooth so far with some real eye opening experiences,I will list the areas we made mistakes and learnt from them so other growers that will follow will try to avoid the quicksand's and landmines.(1)nursery management,we transplanted into nursery bags in 2 weeks and thought we will have another 2-3 weeks breather,how we were wrong,the crops outgrew the nylon bags in 1 week and by 4 weeks they are root bound and we are scrambling.(2)be very careful when applying NPK fertilizer and urea,it can backfire seriously,(3)avoid spraying anything in the morning,it will just take 2-3 hrs for the sun to come and cause havoc ,spray only evening,(4)under no circumstances allow your crop to lie on the ground,any fruit that touches the ground is gone to insects,rodents,etc(5) whiteflies,mites and thrips should be controlled by any means necessary to avoid spreading of viral disease.we lost close to 300-400 crops to the above mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 10:38am On Jan 06, 2021
ideepaul post=95465.:

That yellow hue and the watery spots are a total turn off
Good day sir, pls any idea on the present market price of cucumber per bag. Thanks .
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2021
fiddzy:
Good day sir, pls any idea on the present market price of cucumber per bag. Thanks .
price is unique to each state and method of bagging
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
fiddzy:
#5k my side,they buy anything cucumber now,any variety,shape,colour,length,bitter or not, quantities or quality the market don't give a flying fvck,now I know why they say that everyday is not Christmas.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 8:44pm On Jan 06, 2021
okoroemeka:
#5k my side,they buy anything cucumber now,any variety,shape,colour,length,bitter or not, quantities or quality the market don't give a flying fvck,now I know why they say that everyday is not Christmas.
lol...this January to march(peak of heat season ) cucumber price go up, though production cost go up too due to increased insecticide usage and pumping of water
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:37am On Jan 07, 2021
fiddzy:
lol...this January to march(peak of heat season ) cucumber price go up, though production cost go up too due to increased insecticide usage and pumping of water
from my experience, February is the month with highest cucumber price,that is when crops planted during Xmas celebration will be coming out,and very few farmers are Keen on planting a new farm in the bush during xmas
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Chinatown1759: 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2021
okoroemeka:
watching and waiting for our tomato farm to turn red,the journey has been smooth so far with some real eye opening experiences,I will list the areas we made mistakes and learnt from them so other growers that will follow will try to avoid the quicksand's and landmines.(1)nursery management,we transplanted into nursery bags in 2 weeks and thought we will have another 2-3 weeks breather,how we were wrong,the crops outgrew the nylon bags in 1 week and by 4 weeks they are root bound and we are scrambling.(2)be very careful when applying NPK fertilizer and urea,it can backfire seriously,(3)avoid spraying anything in the morning,it will just take 2-3 hrs for the sun to come and cause havoc ,spray only evening,(4)under no circumstances allow your crop to lie on the ground,any fruit that touches the ground is gone to insects,rodents,etc(5) whiteflies,mites and thrips should be controlled by any means necessary to avoid spreading of viral disease.we lost close to 300-400 crops to the above mentioned.

This is very encouraging sir. Thanks for sharing

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.