Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (278712 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 3:23pm On Jan 08, 2021
Cameroon giiant Cavendish banana variety we are testing on our farm and the result is impressive,so we are going ahead with multiplying and getting more plantlets for farmers demand this coming planting season and uniform sized crops,we are targeting 500 plantlets from our first propagation .

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2021
Boss, abeg bless your boy grin grin grin grin
I need the ripe bananas o cheesy grin
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2021
ideepaul:
Boss, abeg bless your boy grin grin grin grin
I need the ripe bananas o cheesy grin
haahaaaaaa!!would have loved to pass some over but it is still experiment in progress,we are deliberately allowing it to ripe so we can be sure it is not the variety that ripes and rots at the same time.but from what we are seeing it looks good, bananas is a hot commodity this days,some say it is a good cure for a poor performing dick,maybe true.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:52pm On Jan 08, 2021
okoroemeka:
Cameroon giiant Cavendish banana variety we are testing on our farm and the result is impressive,so we are going ahead with multiplying and getting more plantlets for farmers demand this coming planting season and uniform sized crops,we are targeting 500 plantlets from our first propagation .
Great. I wish I planted something like this! You see those dry, hanging leaves, remove them bc they attract pests and diseases.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by DeLaRue: 9:51am On Jan 09, 2021
ojbig1:
Please I need suggestions.
Am ready to do a fresh nursery using coco peat and npk 15:15:15 dissolved in water.
Do I use this method or use cocopeat and plain water.

This is what I do:

1. Run a lot of water over cocopeat in trays to remove salt

2. Run a final batch of water + imiforce (teaspoon to half bucket water) over cocopeat in tray

3. Sow tomato seeds in tray

4. Water as needed - bear in mind that cocopeat dries out quickly during dry season, but avoid overwatering.

5. Once seeds sprout, maintain a balanced watering approach. Tomato seedlings are likely to suffer if you consistently overwater.

6. Inspect seedlings every morning and evening for insects & early signs of fungal infection - treat accordingly. I tend not to treat with insecticides or fungicides unless it's looking serious.

7. I do not apply any fertilizer to my tomato seedlings until around day 20 after germination, meaning they get fertilized just once before transplanting. Tomato seedlings are generally ok with just water.

8. Yes, because I don't fertilize like many, my seedlings tend to be smaller at the point of transplanting, but once they're in the well-prepared soil for about 7 days, they explode in size, and not long after they start flowering.

I grew tomatoes for the first time last year using this approach, and the result was fantastic.

One thing I've observed is that the more I over pamper any seedling, the less they cope once they're transplanted.

Sometimes, I deny my seedlings water grin. If I see insects on them, I use my hand to chase them away. If I see a leaf or two looking infected, I first isolate the affected tray, observe for a day or two, and if there's no spread, I take out the infected leaves and that's it. I don't rush for this insecticide or that fungicide unless it's absolutely necessary. Life is going to be tough for them out in the field, so in my view it would help to expose them to a bit of toughness early on.

To some extent, I don't mind my seedlings experiencing a bit of insect attack (not too much o). I like them to be 'tested' in this way. I believe it prepares them better for the numerous attacks they will encounter out in the open field. It toughens them up�

It's the difference between Ajebutter kid and a rugged 'local' kid. Which survives best in the street? There you go.

Probably a flawed logic, but that was what I did with my tomatoes last year, and I only sprayed once, no single chemical fertilizer after transplanting, and it was harvest after harvest.

I was probably just lucky, but I'll do the same this year.

4 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ojbig1: 9:43pm On Jan 09, 2021
Thank you sir @deLarue and other gurus for proffering answers to my challenge
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by calixjabs(f): 1:03am On Jan 10, 2021
please how can I measure the amount fertilizer I would use with drip tape using frigration
(am planing to apply urea, npk )

Pls help
okoroemeka
framtech
and all farmers here
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:59pm On Jan 16, 2021
calixjabs:
please how can I measure the amount fertilizer I would use with drip tape using frigration

Pls help
okoroemeka
framtech
and all farmers here
I haven't use drip b4.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 4:50am On Jan 18, 2021
okoroemeka:
one of the plastic measuring cup,40 ml I think per knapsack
good morning boss.
how is your tomato farm?
I have some little question pertaining my little farm.
1. I have applied furadan to the tomato nursery, is it compulsory I apply velum prime after transplanting.
2. how often should I be spraying fungicide at the nursery and after transplanting.
3. is it necessary I apply ortiva top on my tomato
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:38am On Jan 18, 2021
aquadude15:

good morning boss.
how is your tomato farm?
1. I have applied furadan to the tomato nursery, is it compulsory I apply velum prime after transplanting.
2. how often should I be spraying fungicide at the nursery and after transplanting.
(1)is the land to be used heavily infected with nematodes?the land we used was planted with cucumbers and had no nematodes, when we checked the roots of the old cucumbers and decided to plant the tomatoes without nematicide treatment.(2) fungicides is not the major issue now, during the height of dry season is when you see insects that you don't see during rainy season such as whiteflies,aphids,mites and thrips,these insects are very difficult to see,some are even microscopic like mites and thrips,and it is this sap sucking insects that transmit viral disease from one plant to the other,this is what you have to watch out for,use a combination or any one of this insecticides, ddforce,imidaclodrip and punch,if you win the war against insects you have got a tomato farm, fungal and bacterial disease can be managed but viral disease is unmanageable.(3)yes,ortiva top is your best defence for fungal and bacterial problems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:46am On Jan 18, 2021
calixjabs:

Pls help
okoroemeka
framtech
and all farmers here
don't use npk fertilizer for fertigation,the base filler in making them is soil,which is not water soluble,and will block your emitters,but urea is very water soluble and you can use that at a rate of 3-5kg /100 ltrs of water and fertigate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 6:13am On Jan 18, 2021
okoroemeka:
(1)is the land to be used heavily infected with nematodes?the land we used was planted with cucumbers and had no nematodes, when we checked the roots of the old cucumbers and decided to plant the tomatoes without nematicide treatment.(2) fungicides is not the major issue now, during the height of dry season is when you see insects that you don't see during rainy season such as whiteflies,aphids,mites and thrips,these insects are very difficult to see,some are even microscopic like mites and thrips,and it is this sap sucking insects that transmit viral disease from one plant to the other,this is what you have to watch out for,use a combination or any one of this insecticides, ddforce,imidaclodrip and punch,if you win the war against insects you have got a tomato farm, fungal and bacterial disease can be managed but viral disease is unmanageable.(3)yes,ortiva top is your best defence for fungal and bacterial problems
thank you sir
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 6:18am On Jan 18, 2021
okoroemeka:
more also Sir.
I see black ant in my farm, I hope it has no adverse effect on my tomato farm
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by essay007(m): 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
Mide3367:
Below are the new prices for our seeds and seedlings. �����

*ORDER FOR YOUR HYBRID VIABLE SEEDS/SEEDLINGS THAT YIELD ALL YEAR ROUND*
*Hybrid Tomatoes Seed*
Premier: 10g- 3,000, 50g - 5,500
East west Padma 5g – 6,000
Platinum 5g - 7,000
Diva F1 5g – 6,500
Larisa 5g – 18,000
All Matured in 60days

*Hybrid Green pepper*
Premier: 10g -2,500, 50g - 5,500
East West 5g – 7,000

*Hybrid Hot pepper* �
Premier 10g -2,500, 50g -6,000
East West: Demon F1 5g – 7,000
Piquate Red F1 1000seeds 12,000
Piquate Red F1 5g 7,000
Efia 1000 seeds 3,000

Hybrid Sweet Pepper
East West Mekong F1 5g- 7,000
Ganga 5g - 3,000
Marvel F1 10g- 12,000
Nirmada 500Seeds- 4,500

*Hybrid Tatashe pepper* �
East west: hybrid 5g -9,000
1000seeds - 12,000

*Hybrid Chilli pepper* �
East west: 5g -6,500
Matured in 70days

Hybrid Beans
Yard Long Beans Ayoka/Gita F1 -8,000

*Hybrid Okra*
Premier: 10g -2,500,50g -5,500
East West: Basanti 100g - 8,000
Maha F1 20g 3,500

*Dwarf paw-paw seeds*
East West:100Seeds-7,000, 1000seeds-40k

*Hybrid Cucumber seeds* �
Premier: 10g -2,500, 50g -6,000
East West: Saira F1 320seeds- 4,000,
Nandini F1 10g – 4,000
Monilisa F1 500 Seeds 6,000
Monalisa 1000Seeds- 7,500
Greengo F1 500 Seeds – 7,500
Greengo F1 1,000 Seeds – 12,000

*Hybrid watermelon* �
Premier: 10g 2,500, 50g -5,500
East West: Sweet Sangria F1 10g 6,000

*Hybrid Garden egg* � 500 Seeds = 3,500

*Hybrid Cabbage* �
East West Nuzaka F1 1,000 Seeds = 5,000

*Hybrid Carrot* �
Premeir: 10g -2,500, 50g -5,000
East West Thema 10g – 3,000

Hybrid Lettuce
East west 10g 3,000, 50g -6,000

*Hybrid corn* �
Premier white & yellow 2kg = 3,500
East West Sweet Corn (Sugar King) F1 250g - 20,000
Sugar King F1 1000g – 50,000

*Hybrid Onions* �
Premier: 10g 3,000, 50g 6,000
East West: 100g -7,000 250g -12k

*Beetroot seeds*: 250g- 5,000

*Hybrid cassava stem*(1bundle of 50 stems) #2,000
6months

*Dwarf hybrid plantain Sucker* #600 - 9months
*Dwarf hybrid banana Sucker* # 600 - 9months
Dwarf Agric Palm tree � 3,000 - 2 ¹/² years
Dwarf coconut tree� 3k - 2 ¹/² years
Dwarf sweet orange tree seedling � #3k - 18months
Dwarf Guava tree seedling �= 3,000 - 9-12months
Soursop seedling � 3,000 - 26 months.
Avocado seedling � 3,000 - 18months.
Dwarf hybrid mango seedling �#3,000 - 18months
Tangelo seedling = 3,000
Hybrid treated Day old chicks �
Hybrid treated POL Snail � =#500
Disease free fingerlings � = 50#
Swamp Rice seeds 5kg -6,500
Upland Rice seeds 50kg -30k
Neem Fertilizer - 10k
King humus plus Organic Soil Conditioner/Fertilizer for all Crops 100g = 6,000
King humicet Organic Supplement for all Livestocks 100g = 6,000
Etc.

We also have in stock Upland and lowland rice seeds.

Rice
1. FARO 55 (NERICA-1), Upland
2. FARO 59 (Upland)
3.FARO 44 (SIPPI), Lowland
4. FARO 52 (WITA-4), Lowland
5. FARO 60
6. FARO 61
https://wa(.)me/2347015585967
*We waybill nationwide* �✈
Thanks for the update. Seeds and inputs are so expensive now
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Mide3367: 3:09pm On Jan 18, 2021
essay007:

Thanks for the update. Seeds and inputs are so expensive now
Yea. Very very
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 9:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
FarmTech:

Great. I wish I planted something like this! You see those dry, hanging leaves, remove them bc they attract pests and diseases.

I sent you a mail, sir.

Your prompt reply will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by OluchiDelly: 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
aquadude15:

good morning boss.
how is your tomato farm?
Boss okoro has dealt well with your questions. Just a few addition.

1. If you don't know how to spot nematode infection the way boss did, and if you are not certain the tom variety is resistant to root knots, then it's better to apply nematicide to be at the safer side.
2. Pertaining to fungal/bacterial and viral diseases in tom as explained by the boss,
*if you are doing dry season farming, always watch out for hybrid tomato seeds that have some level of resistance against TYLCV, is a viral disease transmitted by whiteflies and the likes.
* But if you are cultivating during raining season, watch out for those that have resistant against fulsarium( fol ) and bacteria wilts.
In term of disease resistance, If I want to go for Eastwest seed, I wl prefer padma in mild raining period cos of its fol resistance, and platinum for dry season cos is more TYLCV resistance. There are other seeds varieties that possess both both wet and dry season disease resistance ability that you can make your choice from.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 8:18pm On Jan 19, 2021
okoroemeka:
thank you sir.
it is a virgin land
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 8:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
OluchiDelly:

Boss okoro has dealt well with your questions. Just a few addition.

1. If you don't know how to spot nematode infection the way boss did, and if you are not certain the tom variety is resistant to root knots, then it's better to apply nematicide to be at the safer side.
2. Pertaining to fungal/bacterial and viral diseases in tom as explained by the boss,
*if you are doing dry season farming, always watch out for hybrid tomato seeds that have some level of resistance against TYLCV, is a viral disease transmitted by whiteflies and the likes.
* But if you are cultivating during raining season, watch out for those that have resistant against fulsarium( fol ) and bacteria wilts.
In term of disease resistance, If I want to go for Eastwest seed, I wl prefer padma in mild raining period cos of its fol resistance, and platinum for dry season cos is more TYLCV resistance. There are other seeds varieties that possess both both wet and dry season disease resistance ability that you can make your choice from.
thanks alot
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Boldtouch: 10:22pm On Jan 19, 2021
Abeg anyone who has a good source and contact of where I can buy Greengo F1 Cucumber hybrid seeds; it's urgent!
Lack of adequate bees na issues o.
Happy joyous Easter celebrations to us all.
Thanks in advance.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 9:44pm On Jan 20, 2021
tpben:

I sent you a mail, sir.
Your prompt reply will be appreciated. Thank you.
. Ok bro.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by betabread: 11:04pm On Jan 23, 2021
I'm about to start nursery operations to plant rodo pepper(habanero) and plan to install drip irrigation

I have a question to ask I installed a 0.75hp pump that produces 20liters a minute of water, it's a very deep well

What plant population can this support as I want to cultivate 1 acre
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:52am On Jan 24, 2021
[quote author=betabread post=98375674]I'm about to start nursery operations to plant rodo pepper(habanero) and plan to install drip irrigation

I have a question to ask I installed a 0.75hp pump that produces 20liters a minute of water, it's a very deep well

What plant population can this support as I want to cultivate 1 acre [/quotet)the water discharge rate from the borehole is far too small to support agricultural use or less you change the submersible pump to a higher horsepower,from 20 ltr a minute you will have 1200 ltrs in an hour,so if you use a 4ltr/hr single emitter drip and irrigate for 30 minutes at a time which will be 2ltrs/hr,you will irrigate 600 crops from one hour pumping of water,that 0.75 pump is not meant for agricultural use,it may crash under heavy use considering the fact that the well is deep with a high pumping head,we are using a 1 hp pump in a 280 ft well and it irrigates 1620 crops in 15 minutes using double drip emitters of 8 ltr/hr

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ugoboss2224: 7:45am On Jan 24, 2021
LAND URGENTLY FOR SALE IN ABUJA

Size: 4 plots of land measuring at 3000sqm

Purpose: Residential & Commercial Plot

Title: FCDA R of O

Price: 8.5 million (Asking price)

DM or Call 08181493942
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
ugoboss2224:
LAND URGENTLY FOR SALE IN ABUJA

Size: 4 plots of land measuring at 3000sqm

Purpose: Residential & Commercial Plot

Title: FCDA R of O

Price: 8.5 million (Asking price)

DM or Call 08181493942
remember eye way see get share,I dey for this 10% share ooo!
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
okoroemeka:
remember eye way see get share,I dey for this 10% share ooo!
boos update us about your tomato small na.
make you encourage us.
I have transfered my own to the field
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
aquadude15:

boos update us about your tomato small na.
make you encourage us.
I have transfered my own to the field
I traveled and told my workers to put fertilizer on pepper farm,they carry urea put for tomatoes,my brother na so we lost a tomato farm that is already riping,I nearly have stroke when I came back
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 6:15pm On Jan 24, 2021
okoroemeka:
I traveled and told my workers to put fertilizer on pepper farm,they carry urea put for tomatoes,my brother na so we lost a tomato farm that is already riping,I nearly have stroke when I came back
sorry about that boss
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
aquadude15:

sorry about that boss
dont mind the idiot,he has been fired immediately,you can't be smoking ganja on the job and not misbehave,crop production is for sound mind and balanced reasoning.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Chinatown1759: 8:52pm On Jan 24, 2021
okoroemeka:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][i][/i]
Sorry bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.