Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (278743 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by essay007(m): 11:33am On Jan 25, 2021
okoroemeka:
I traveled and told my workers to put fertilizer on pepper farm,they carry urea put for tomatoes,my brother na so we lost a tomato farm that is already riping,I nearly have stroke when I came back
Seriously, this lack of focus and carefree attitude from farm labour/workers has caused farmers to lose so much. If you're not around to direct every single thing, it goes awry. It has to stop.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2021
okoroemeka:
If you look at the nutrients chart you will agree with me that wood Ash will be beneficial to a heavy feeder like cucumbers,we have already mixed wood Ash from a nearby oil mill into the manure we will apply tomorrow on our crops and see what will happen
what was experience using wood ash on cucumber like sir
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:41pm On Jan 26, 2021
okoroemeka:
I traveled and told my workers to put fertilizer on pepper farm,they carry urea put for tomatoes,my brother na so we lost a tomato farm that is already riping,I nearly have stroke when I came back
Sorry for that bro. Keep moving.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Silvereze(m): 1:18am On Jan 27, 2021
okoroemeka:

So sorry Sir. It's really painful
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by DeLaRue: 1:15pm On Jan 28, 2021
Does anyone have first hand experience of using Golden N.P.K 15-15-15 Fertilizer.

Is it good?

Most NPK fertilizers on the market seem not to be very useful.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Benagro: 2:30pm On Jan 28, 2021
DeLaRue:

Does anyone have first hand experience of using Golden N.P.K 15-15-15 Fertilizer.

Is it good?

Most NPK fertilizers on the market seem not to be very useful.
I use it for cucumber and its quite good

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
FarmTech:

Sorry for that bro. Keep moving.
we have already removed on since, the tomatoes are off and we planted 4000 cucumbers on the site,we just dig holes at every drip point,applied manure, nematicide s and planted, cucumber is ever sure especially cu 999 ,it rarely disappoints,we will leave our tomato project till rainy season,when we will not irrigate and price will be high.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2021
okoroemeka:
we have already removed on since, the tomatoes are off and we planted 4000 cucumbers on the site,we just dig holes at every drip point,applied manure, nematicide s and planted, cucumber is ever sure especially cu 999 ,it rarely disappoints,we will leave our tomato project till rainy season,when we will not irrigate and price will be high.
That is the spirit. Wish u success.
Which Nematicide are u using?

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:58am On Jan 29, 2021
FarmTech:
. That is the spirit. Wish u success. Which Nematicide are u using?
furadan FMC
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Kehfie(f): 11:44am On Jan 29, 2021
So sorry about the tomato farm
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 1:31pm On Jan 29, 2021
okoroemeka:
furadan FMC
after using furadan on my cucumber farm, I still notice rkn in my farm. I want to try velum prime on the Same plot of farm
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 2:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
okoroemeka:
furadan FMC
. pls how much is it and where did you bought it.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:10am On Jan 31, 2021
FarmTech:

pls how much is it and where did you bought it.
#700 per pack at onitsha,the trick in using old school nematicide is to apply before planting
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 11:11am On Jan 31, 2021
okoroemeka:
#700 per pack at onitsha,the trick in using old school nematicide is to apply before planting
good morning boss.
I noticed that some of my tomato plants leaves are curling upward like in the pic.
what can be the cause

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by edogu(m): 7:07pm On Jan 31, 2021
okoroemeka:
Good evening Sir, I really love what you are doing. Agriculture remains the future. Unfortunately, I'm not an agric graduate. Please where is your farm located? What does it cost to learn from you?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by safarifarms(m): 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2021
okoroemeka:
we have pegged out 50×25 feet square in both cucumber and watermelon farm to see their yield against the green beans,technisem is giving estimate yield of 3.3llbs (1.5kg)for each Cora bean crop,if you scale that up by let's say, 1500 crops will survive out of 1800 to yield 1 kg each,u have 1,500kg×400 naira=#600,000 naira,so as you can see my friends there's no way cucumbers or watermelon can pull 25% of that income from half plot of land.

Oga what was the outcome of this particular venture?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:13am On Feb 01, 2021
safarifarms:

Oga what was the outcome of this particular venture?
we didn't plan for proper irrigation,we relied on manual watering with hose and it is still dry season by March,so we have our palm kernel mill installation and testing,so we can't water it adequately,it was abandoned for more pressing issues,if don't have plans for a proper irrigation pls forget it.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by edogu(m): 10:58am On Feb 01, 2021
okoroemeka:
we didn't plan for proper irrigation,we relied on manual watering with hose and it is still dry season by March,so we have our palm kernel mill installation and testing,so we can't water it adequately,it was abandoned for more pressing issues,if don't have plans for a proper irrigation pls forget it.
Good evening Sir, I really love what you are doing. Agriculture remains the future. Unfortunately, I'm not an agric graduate. Please where is your farm located? What does it cost to learn from you?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by OluchiDelly: 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2021
aquadude15:

good morning boss.
I noticed that some of my tomato plants leaves are curling upward like in the pic.
what can be the cause

Tomato yellow leaf curl virus TYLCV . What variety did you plant.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aliadi2: 10:21pm On Feb 01, 2021
Hello nice reaching the end of this thread, the success and stories of the people who have succeeded has encourage me to try cucumber farming on the small piece of land in front of my house . i would like to throw some question to Oga Emeka and all the veterans in the house .
1. No one here has really explained how to pin down the trellis so that it wont sag.
2. I have chicken manure that i bagged from my layers poultry farm some weeks back how can i apply it as basal so that it won't burn the crop most of what have read here is how to apply the wet one and i have the one from deep litter
3. Can someone please help with the fertilizer, pesticide and fungicide schedule for us newbies so that this will be a guide.
More blessing to all the great farmers here who took part of their time to try and eradicate poverty from Nigeria in the little ways they know how to . Good bless you all

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 5:03am On Feb 02, 2021
OluchiDelly:

Tomato yellow leaf curl virus TYLCV . What variety did you plant.
platinum.
any solution ma?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 5:47am On Feb 02, 2021
aliadi2:
Hello nice reaching the end of this thread, the success and stories of the people who have succeeded has encourage me to try cucumber farming on the small piece of land in front of my house . i would like to throw some question to Oga Emeka and all the veterans in the house .
1. No one here has really explained how to pin down the trellis so that it wont sag.
2. I have chicken manure that i bagged from my layers poultry farm some weeks back how can i apply it as basal so that it won't burn the crop most of what have read here is how to apply the wet one and i have the one from deep litter
3. Can someone please help with the fertilizer, pesticide and fungicide schedule for us newbies so that this will be a guide.
More blessing to all the great farmers here who took part of their time to try and eradicate poverty from Nigeria in the little ways they know how to . Good bless you all
1. tie the end of the rope to a small stick, then peg it close to your cucumber plant.
2. you can apply it close to your cucumber plant but make sure it doesn't touch the stem of your plant. I hope the manure doesn't have wood shaving.
3. fertilizer - npk
pesticide- depends on the type of pest you want to tackle
fungicide - saaf, ridomil gold, fungi force.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by betabread: 9:06am On Feb 02, 2021
Why don't many farmers bury their drip tapes, they look fragile on the surface
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aliadi2: 12:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
aquadude15:

1. tie the end of the rope to a small stick, then peg it close to your cucumber plant.
2. you can apply it close to your cucumber plant but make sure it doesn't touch the stem of your plant. I hope the manure doesn't have wood shaving.
3. fertilizer - npk
pesticide- depends on the type of pest you want to tackle
fungicide - saaf, ridomil gold, fungi force.
Hello aquadude. Thanks for the reply . the chicken manure that i have has wood shaving inside but its from layers not broilers. My birds are on deep litter
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 12:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
aliadi2:

Hello aquadude. Thanks for the reply . the chicken manure that i have has wood shaving inside but its from layers not broilers. My birds are on deep litter
I would advise that you discard that one and get the one without wood shaving
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by OluchiDelly: 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
aquadude15:

platinum.
any solution ?

The pic u attached is not very clear, seems there are patches of yellowish infestation on the curled leaves right? If yes then, it's TYLCV.
Most tomato diseases are irredeemable, Just uproot and discard. Step up more preventive measures.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
okoroemeka:
Thanks. I'm just getting to know about that one now. Do u think it is more effective than the one below?

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by edogu(m): 12:26am On Feb 03, 2021
aquadude15:

Please can we know the reason?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 6:09am On Feb 03, 2021
OluchiDelly:

The pic u attached is not very clear, seems there are patches of yellowish infestation on the curled leaves right? If yes then, it's TYLCV.
Most tomato diseases are irredeemable, Just uproot and discard. Step up more preventive measures.
thanks ma
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 6:10am On Feb 03, 2021
edogu:
Please can we know the reason?
lessen the nitrogen in the manure. eat up the nitrogen in the soil
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by edogu(m): 6:11am On Feb 03, 2021
aquadude15:

lessen the nitrogen in the manure.
eat up the nitrogen in the soil
Ok, thank you.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aliadi2: 6:38am On Feb 03, 2021
aquadude15:

Thanks alot . Am thinking of doing sack cause the land i want to use is not that ok. Hope no problem with that

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.