Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (279205 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by essay007(m): 9:26am On Mar 13, 2021
freshpzy1:

i grew to know my dad as a farmer, but he stopped farming b4 i was matured enogh to learn the ropes__my dad didnt become rich by farming, but i enjoyed it.

My point__my enquiry wasnt a result of my eye on the profit

That's good... Get good seeds and start very small on a plot u can manage on your own. Grow 2-3 vegetables that sells quick. You're allowed to make mistakes as a beginning farmer. Don't sweat it. Grow, harvest, eat/sell.
Your profits will come as will ur experience. You'll love farming...

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Kehfie(f): 12:59pm On Mar 13, 2021
Congratulations Boss

My former farm manager achieved the elusive target last week when he finished harvesting from a well managed one plot of roughly 2500 crop and got a total of 80 sound bags that was sold at #7000 per bag,which gave a total of #560k,bear in mind that the yield parameters gave a rough production of 3.5-4 cucumbers per plant which is not even a fantastic result,the economic potential of cucumber is yet to be fully utilized to the skillful farmer that can get 5-7 fruits per plant,that will be an incredible result,and for your other question,you can't sell cucumbers at such prices round the year for obvious reasons,from December to march is when the crop is most expensive,and for the records the highest yield I have ever seen or recorded was 114 bags from 50 grams of seed,a rookie young farmer I mentored got this result in Edo state,i was speechless when the harvest was coming in,be it a result of soil, weather or management I can't tell, maybe he was at the right place at right time.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by freshpzy1(m): 8:37am On Mar 14, 2021
essay007:

That's good... Get good seeds and start very small on a plot u can manage on your own. Grow 2-3 vegetables that sells quick. You're allowed to make mistakes as a beginning farmer. Don't sweat it. Grow, harvest, eat/sell.
Your profits will come as will ur experience. You'll love farming...

tnks, this is highly motivating for me

God bless you
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by freshpzy1(m): 8:39am On Mar 14, 2021
Pls can you tell me how much i need to invest on the plot of land, all cost excluding cost of land
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by essay007(m): 12:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
freshpzy1:
Pls can you tell me how much i need to invest on the plot of land, all cost excluding cost of land
Costing really depends on a lot of factors and of course your location. Mainly identify what you can do by yourself or with little help from friends/family. Can you do most or the clearing/weeding? Is labour cheap or expensive in your area? what of manure or fertilizer? What of pesticides or other chemicals if needed? can you easily get them? Is your farm close to ur home or do u have to transport urself to ur farm.
What about source of water, is it close to ur farm and free?
can u get staking on ur own if needed?

All these questions should be answered before u can make cost analysis. The more u can do on your own, the cheaper your final cost will total to.
Ask around the prices of the seeds you need to plant and the required qtty needed to cover the land. Then cost it. If u area is infested by pesticides the you also have to cost it as well. If you need labour, determine how many pple you need to hire and cost it too. Those are the most important things to cost.
Like I said, start small on an area u can manage on your own. Once u start generating income you can expand in bits.
Cheers!
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by freshpzy1(m): 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2021
essay007:

Costing really depends on a lot of factors and of course your location. Mainly identify what you can do by yourself or with little help from friends/family. Can you do most or the clearing/weeding? Is labour cheap or expensive in your area? what of manure or fertilizer? What of pesticides or other chemicals if needed? can you easily get them? Is your farm close to ur home or do u have to transport urself to ur farm.
What about source of water, is it close to ur farm and free?
can u get staking on ur own if needed?

All these questions should be answered before u can make cost analysis. The more u can do on your own, the cheaper your final cost will total to.
Ask around the prices of the seeds you need to plant and the required qtty needed to cover the land. Then cost it. If u area is infested by pesticides the you also have to cost it as well. If you need labour, determine how many pple you need to hire and cost it too. Those are the most important things to cost.
Like I said, start small on an area u can manage on your own. Once u start generating income you can expand in bits.
Cheers!

tnks boss___this is very helpful, & these are answers

¤i can access up to 1 acre of land for free, but am starting with a plot

¤i have to spend abt 1k on transport __but there is place to stay around the farm for the set-up period & visit the farm every weekend

¤labour is not too expensive, especially for just a plot of land__so i plan to pay for labour for clearing, but i can do the weeding my self.

¤i can cheap labour to wet the farm everyday & i buy water for the weting every week__ i will just get drums that can be locked

¤i plan to buy ferterlizer too

¤I HOPE AV BEEN ABLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS___NOW HERE IS WHAT I WILL LIKE TO KNOW

¤how many seed do i nee for a plot & the cost

¤how often do i need to wet the farm__this will help to negotiate labour cost

¤how much is ferterlisers & pesticides that is best used for cucumber farms.

Tnks in anticipation
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by kufman123: 7:34am On Mar 18, 2021
essay007:

Thanks brother! I'd appreciate the number. I know Ukana Offot. Do they sell East-West or Technisem or other varieties of seeds? What of foliar fertilizer or pesticide?
please can you help me with a contact and address to buy affordable and good fertilizer in Uyo,i want to buy for my mum to sell in the village
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 7:18pm On Mar 18, 2021
kufman123:
please can you help me with a contact and address to buy affordable and good fertilizer in Uyo,i want to buy for my mum to sell in the village
Wholesale? What brands and types are you dealing with?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by essay007(m): 7:52pm On Mar 18, 2021
freshpzy1:

tnks boss___this is very helpful, & these are answers

¤i can access up to 1 acre of land for free, but am starting with a plot

¤i have to spend abt 1k on transport __but there is place to stay around the farm for the set-up period & visit the farm every weekend

¤labour is not too expensive, especially for just a plot of land__so i plan to pay for labour for clearing, but i can do the weeding my self.

¤i can cheap labour to wet the farm everyday & i buy water for the weting every week__ i will just get drums that can be locked

¤i plan to buy ferterlizer too

¤I HOPE AV BEEN ABLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS___NOW HERE IS WHAT I WILL LIKE TO KNOW

¤how many seed do i nee for a plot & the cost

¤how often do i need to wet the farm__this will help to negotiate labour cost

¤how much is ferterlisers & pesticides that is best used for cucumber farms.

Tnks in anticipation
Sorry for the late reply.
For current prices of seeds, @seedworld or even oga okoroemeka could help you. The 50g pack will suffice for this season and next so ask them for the current price.
Pls make ur research on the type of cucumber, the size that's favoured in your market before planting it.

I'm pro organic so I only use compost, manure and self made liquid fertilizer along side cultured micro organism solution on my crop.

Here on Nairaland you see genuine pple who sell fertilizer and pesticides, so ask them so u can make ur costing based on current prices of these inputs. However, if you're interested in the method of pest control I use, u can email me its quite cheap and easy to make.

For irrigation, I don't know ur method of irrigation (drip or hose?). Anyhow, cucumber needs good supply of water. Wet in morning and at sunset when conditions are hot and once (morning) when humid.

Boss Okoro u can assist him with prices of pesticides and fertilizer
PS: The price of transportation to ur farm is quite high. That will eat into ur cash. Whenever you can stay close to the farm Pls do.

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by essay007(m): 7:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
ideepaul:
Good that you already answered him cos I wanted to refer him to you.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by kufman123: 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
ideepaul:

she want to retail it in the village so i can start her with 3 to 5 bags,for the brand i don't know anything about fertilizer so u can help recommend something good and affordable
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 11:10pm On Mar 18, 2021
kufman123:
she want to retail it in the village so i can start her with 3 to 5 bags,for the brand i don't know anything about fertilizer so u can help recommend something good and affordable
For cassava, maize and fluted pumpkin, I guess?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by kufman123: 4:54am On Mar 19, 2021
ideepaul:
For cassava, maize and fluted pumpkin, I guess?
water leaf
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 7:43am On Mar 19, 2021
kufman123:
water leaf
Call/WhatsApp, I may be of help
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by kufman123: 7:21pm On Mar 19, 2021
ideepaul:
Call/WhatsApp, I may be of help
please give me ur contact
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 9:12pm On Mar 19, 2021
kufman123:
please give me ur contact
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by klbakare(m): 8:47am On Mar 23, 2021
okoroemeka:
the culprit for that damage is spraying foliar fertilizer and insecticides in the morning,then in less than 1-2 hrs the current intense sunlight will blaster the crop drying the sprayed materials immediately and the salts will concentrate on the leaf margin and cause burn,the best time to spray now is in the evening.

dear Mr Okoro, i refrained from spraying any insecticide in the morning, and i have never used a foliar fertilizer like i told you earlier. it's been close to three weeks now and the spots on the cucumber leaves have persisted. i have gone to study a little bit more about cucumbers and i am convinced those signs are those of a fungi disease. my challenge now is i don't know what chemicals to buy and application at this period in the life of my cucumbers. i will attach pictures of the presently development. and also the fungi chemicals i bought along with the seeds when i got them from thai-agro lagos state. they were waybilled to ogbomoso for me. any vegetable farmer in ogbomoso should please reach out to me, i will be more than happy to connect. please all other experienced hands on the thread should kindly assist.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by AgroMax360: 4:27pm On Mar 23, 2021
Good job guys, kudos to all the contributors.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by AgroMax360: 4:31pm On Mar 23, 2021
[/quote][quote author=essay007 post=99997243]
Sorry for the late reply.
For current prices of seeds, @seedworld or even oga okoroemeka could help you. The 50g pack will suffice for this season and next so ask them for the current price.
Pls make ur research on the type of cucumber, the size that's favoured in your market before planting it.

I'm pro organic so I only use compost, manure and self made liquid fertilizer along side cultured micro organism solution on my crop.

Here on Nairaland you see genuine pple who sell fertilizer and pesticides, so ask them so u can make ur costing based on current prices of these inputs. However, if you're interested in the method of pest control I use, u can email me its quite cheap and easy to make.

For irrigation, I don't know ur method of irrigation (drip or hose?). Anyhow, cucumber needs good supply of water. Wet in morning and at sunset when conditions are hot and once (morning) when humid.

Boss Okoro u can assist him with prices of pesticides and fertilizer
PS: The price of transportation to ur farm is quite high. That will eat into ur cash. Whenever you can stay close to the farm Pls do.

Please, I am interested in the method of pest control you use on your farm. I am new to cucumber farm and plan to start planting this week or next. Kindly contact me through
Email: agromax360@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2021
klbakare:

dear Mr Okoro, i refrained from spraying any insecticide in the morning, and i have never used a foliar fertilizer like i told you earlier. it's been close to three weeks now and the spots on the cucumber leaves have persisted. i have gone to study a little bit more about cucumbers and i am convinced those signs are those of a fungi disease. my challenge now is i don't know what chemicals to buy and application at this period in the life of my cucumbers. i will attach pictures of the presently development. and also the fungi chemicals i bought along with the seeds when i got them from thai-agro lagos state. they were waybilled to ogbomoso for me. any vegetable farmer in ogbomoso should please reach out to me, i will be more than happy to connect. please all other experienced hands on the thread should kindly assist.
that looks very much like chemical damage(foliar fertilizer or some insecticides sprayed in the hot sun)but you have not done such for 3 weeks,so the only suspects will be insects or fungi,so to narrow down the search we will use the plantix app

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by essay007(m): 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2021
AgroMax360:

Please, I am interested in the method of pest control you use on your farm. I am new to cucumber farm and plan to start planting this week or next. Kindly contact me through
Email: agromax360@gmail.com

Thanks.

I'm just seeing this now. Will email you the solution. Just been so busy with work lately
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by klbakare(m): 8:09pm On Mar 27, 2021
essay007:

I'm just seeing this now. Will email you the solution. Just been so busy with work lately

Share it here na. Let everybody see it. If my Okoro had decided to keep his methods to himself, this thread will not be here today

3 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 1:32pm On Mar 28, 2021
klbakare:

Share it here na. Let everybody see it. If my Okoro had decided to keep his methods to himself, this thread will not be here today
seconded sir, I have never seen any farmer as selfless as Oga okoroemeka. That is on Nairaland other farmers dey form busy. Oga okoro gives u suggestions instantly, no strings attached. Na God go bless m, he dey show luv .

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Boldtouch: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
Boldtouch:
Abeg anyone who has a good source and contact of where I can buy Greengo F1 Cucumber hybrid seeds; it's urgent!
Lack of adequate bees na issues o.
Happy joyous Easter celebrations to us all.
Thanks in advance.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ashpanez: 9:22am On Apr 06, 2021
Pls, brothers and sisters. Can I use adult plant dose of incesticides and fungicide on a 2 weeks old pepper and cucumber plant? If no pls what dose is ideal for them.
I am battling whiteflies on my farm.
Pls ideepaul, oga okoroemeka,pipi I need ur help
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 11:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
ashpanez:
Pls, brothers and sisters. Can I use adult plant dose of incesticides and fungicide on a 2 weeks old pepper and cucumber plant? If no pls what dose is ideal for them.
2 weeks after transplanting or at nursery stage for peppers?
For cucumber, 2 weeks after transplanting isn't the criteria!
The severity of the attack, the health of the plant, the type of agrochemical, weather conditions usually influences the dosage
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:59am On Apr 08, 2021
ashpanez:
it is the pepper you have to watch out for, whiteflies and co spread viral disease in pepper and tomatoes,use ddforce +punch insecticide on the pepper,use adult dose because that is the only way whiteflies will run away,but apply in the evening.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Aquilazng(m): 8:31am On Apr 08, 2021
Kehfie:
Congratulations Boss

My former farm manager achieved the elusive target last week when he finished harvesting from a well managed one plot of roughly 2500 crop and got a total of 80 sound bags that was sold at #7000 per bag,which gave a total of #560k,bear in mind that the yield parameters gave a rough production of 3.5-4 cucumbers per plant which is not even a fantastic result,the economic potential of cucumber is yet to be fully utilized to the skillful farmer that can get 5-7 fruits per plant,that will be an incredible result,and for your other question,you can't sell cucumbers at such prices round the year for obvious reasons,from December to march is when the crop is most expensive,and for the records the highest yield I have ever seen or recorded was 114 bags from 50 grams of seed,a rookie young farmer I mentored got this result in Edo state,i was speechless when the harvest was coming in,be it a result of soil, weather or management I can't tell, maybe he was at the right place at right time.
My question here is ; how do you guys get buyers for this produce? Do you go round the town contacting abokis or how pls clearify. Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nezzjnr: 9:02am On Apr 08, 2021
Aquilazng:

My question here is ; how do you guys get buyers for this produce? Do you go round the town contacting abokis or how pls clearify. Thanks
They've market agents that'll help you sell and you give them their percentage!!

That's how it's being done in Lagos
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:16am On Apr 09, 2021
Aquilazng:

in my area in imo state there is a woman that comes with a Ford Transit van every Eke market day(every 4 days)and buys cucumbers from farmers at the current market price from onitsha,she buys up to 100 bags and pays cash on the spot,so farmers will harvest and bag their cucumbers and the woman will come to their farm for pickup,she also buys maize, melon, pepper,etc, selling is not the problem,farming it to maturity is the problem.

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2021
okoroemeka:
in my area in imo state there is a woman that comes with a Ford Transit van every Eke market day(every 4 days)and buys cucumbers from farmers at the current market price from onitsha,she buys up to 100 bags and pays cash on the spot,so farmers will harvest and bag their cucumbers and the woman will come to their farm for pickup,she also buys maize, melon, pepper,etc, selling is not the problem,farming it to maturity is the problem.
seconded my oga,even with my small scale farm people come and do pickup, I just let them know in advance of the next harvest damn I wish I knew about intensive cucs farming like 4 yrs back.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by cattlefarming01: 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2021
Become A Millionaire From Maize Farming

Nigeria is one of the largest producer of maize in Africa, Despite its high production , Nigeria yield of 1.69 metric tonne per hectare is one of the lowest among the top maize producer in Africa.

In spite of the huge production of maize in Nigeria, maize farmers cannot meet up with the local demand of maize.

Maize farmers have been discouraged by the low yield of maize during harvest as a result of infertile soil used during planting.

Maize crop still remains a goldmine in Nigeria and the recent hike in the price of maize has made this crop even more special

The journey of a profitable maize farming begins with planting the right amount of seeds, weeding, irrigation, using pesticides and Agric - Zyme 3X fertilizer to supply Nitrogen, Phosphorus, And Potassium needed in the soil for the maize which is very important for bumper harvest.

Agric -Zyme 3X Organic fertilizer is the best way for every maize farmer to increase their yield in a cost effective and environmentally friendly manner.

Benefits Of Agric- Zyme 3X Organic Fertilizer.

It stimulates nitrogen fixing bacteria in the soil

It increases yield of maize per hectare.

Restores damaged soil.

Produces healthy maize free from chemicals

Environmentally Friendly

For delivery Of Agric - Zyme 3X fertilizer to your location contact us on +23408033492090

To learn more about our products visit www.zenithenergyenzyme.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.