Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (277910 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by abouzaid: 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
okoroemeka:
using our improvised hole puncher to make holes at 60 cm,also manure application bin progress,the cucumbers will be transplanted in the evening by the side of hole
oga anyi na town, pictures ga adi kwa mma o

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2021
abouzaid:
i surely would follow the project diligently once it commences.
transplanting in progress,the rain is threatening to fall which will make tomorrows weather cool and conducive for the trans plants,but if not we can't disturb God for rain,we have our irrigation system in place,take special note of the distance of manure and crop very critical when using chicken Manure.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Boldtouch: 8:43pm On Jun 30, 2021
Oga Okoroemeka well done work Sir. Please at how many days old/weeks old is the cucumbers from the nursery transplanted? Did Cukes experienced any form of shock after transplanting?
Sir from the pix showing the drip tapes; what point are the drip tapes expected to drop Water? By that I mean directly to the holes filled with manure or close to the transplanted Cukes.
Bless Up Sir.
okoroemeka:
transplanting in progress,the rain is threatening to fall which will make tomorrows weather cool and conducive for the trans plants,but if not we can't disturb God for rain,we have our irrigation system in place,take special note of the distance of manure and crop very critical when using chicken Manure.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2021
okoroemeka:
pls sir, I need greengo
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
aquadude15:

pls sir, I need greengo
completely sold off,only monalisa f1 is available

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2021
Boldtouch:
Oga Okoroemeka well done work Sir. Please at how many days old/weeks old is the cucumbers from the nursery transplanted? Did Cukes experienced any form of shock after transplanting?
Sir from the pix showing the drip tapes; what point are the drip tapes expected to drop Water? By that I mean directly to the holes filled with manure or close to the transplanted Cukes. If you look closely at the first single transplant you can see two tiny holes in the drip line,it supplies 8 ltrs of water per hour,4 ltrs in 30 minutes
Bless Up Sir.
we transplant from 5 days or worst 6 days after the nursery,it will ensure that roots are not yet far down and easily be tampered without fear of shock,to minimize shock make sure you water first thing the next morning and if you have drip make sure to water again if the sun is getting hot,the drip tapes will drop water around the manure hole and transplanted crop,if left on for 20-30 minutes it will soak the whole ridge,

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2021
okoroemeka:
what is the performance of monalisa and how much
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2021
aquadude15:

what is the performance of monalisa and how much
well for performance,soil and management will play a very vital role,#5k per pack of 500 seeds
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by abouzaid: 10:50pm On Jun 30, 2021
okoroemeka:
Boss, what's the specie of the cucumber? i guess the chicken manure was composted for minimum of four days in water? please, what is the going rate for farm labour?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:40am On Jul 01, 2021
abouzaid:
Boss, what's the specie of the cucumber? i guess the chicken manure was composted for minimum of four days in water? please, what is the going rate for farm labour?
variety is cu 999,the chicken manure was brought last month and left outside the sun and rain, hopefully the power has reduced,#2k for daily hire now
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by mastervick4glo: 4:39am On Jul 01, 2021
okoroemeka:
I found an old cu 999 cucumber seed packet and looked closely behind it,even Thai agro recommends 60cm planting spacing,truth be told I have not studied that back side of the pack carefully,now it seems we are getting to the root of our poor cucumber yields,you have been using half of the recommended spacing for years now, following 30cm drip spacing like zombies

This is a very important discovery Boss.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by bassey25(m): 7:22am On Jul 01, 2021
okoroemeka:

Well done sir.

Please I have a few questions to ask sir.

1.Please what's the distance between the manure and the crop.

2. What quarantine of manure should be applied per hole or what can be used to measure the applied manure per hole.

3. can this method be used when planting the seed directly? Or we have to mix the manure and the soil. Thank you sir for the sacrifice you are making to enlighten more Nigerians. God bless you.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Boldtouch: 8:58am On Jul 01, 2021
Thanks for your prompt response, am grateful Sir.
okoroemeka:
we transplant from 5 days or worst 6 days after the nursery,it will ensure that roots are not yet far down and easily be tampered without fear of shock,to minimize shock make sure you water first thing the next morning and if you have drip make sure to water again if the sun is getting hot,the drip tapes will drop water around the manure hole and transplanted crop,if left on for 20-30 minutes it will soak the whole ridge,
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 11:14am On Jul 01, 2021
bassey25:

Well done sir.

Please I have a few questions to ask sir.

1.Please what's the distance between the manure and the crop.

2. What quarantine of manure should be applied per hole or what can be used to measure the applied manure per hole.

3. can this method be used when planting the seed directly? Or we have to mix the manure and the soil. Thank you sir for the sacrifice you are making to enlighten more Nigerians. God bless you.
distance will be around 4-5 inches,in case if it rains and the manure can rise and flow to the delicate stems not a good thing,just use small bowl or manure that will fill one handful,yes you can use it to plant direct,reason we don't want to plant direct is rats,they will finish the seeds if we plant direct,even if you put poison they will still eat the seeds then die.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okorookwus(m): 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
okoroemeka:
distance will be around 4-5 inches,in case if it rains and the manure can rise and flow to the delicate stems not a good thing,just use small bowl or manure that will fill one handful,yes you can use it to plant direct,reason we don't want to plant direct is rats,they will finish the seeds if we plant direct,even if you put poison they will still eat the seeds then die.
grin cheesy grin grin
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by abouzaid: 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
okoroemeka:
variety is cu 999,the chicken manure was brought last month and left outside the sun and rain, hopefully the power has reduced,#2k for daily hire now
Thanks for your prompt response, the labourers have been charging me minimum of #2,500 for females and #3,500 per day, i have been bearing been new but their behaviour is getting worse and demands getting more unreasonable, thanks for the information. please, apart from cucumber, what crops can you advise one to go into if he should take to farming on a full time basis in the southeast considering one can get a few scattered plots of land?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2021
Bozz okoro I greet u sir, right from the first page of your thread to this present one, I observed you plant the seeds on one part of the drip line. But i have been planting both sides. Don't know is that much sir.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
abouzaid:
Thanks for your prompt response, the labourers have been charging me minimum of #2,500 for females and #3,500 per day, i have been bearing been new but their behaviour is getting worse and demands getting more unreasonable, thanks for the information. please, apart from cucumber, what crops can you advise one to go into if he should take to farming on a full time basis in the southeast considering one can get a few scattered plots of land?
hot peppers , eggplant, watermelon (for experienced farmers)

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2021
fiddzy:
Bozz okoro I greet u sir, right from the first page of your thread to this present one, I observed you plant the seeds on one part of the drip line. But i have been planting both sides. Don't know is that much sir.
ok,you plant two crops on either side of the drip and the drip is in the middle?pls clarify
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by abouzaid: 7:21pm On Jul 01, 2021
okoroemeka:
hot peppers , eggplant, watermelon (for experienced farmers)
Thanks sir.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2021
okoroemeka:
ok,you plant two crops on either side of the drip and the drip is in the middle?pls clarify
Exactly sir.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2021
fiddzy:
Exactly sir.
this is exactly the sort of wrong planting techniques we are planning to eliminate,the seed company recommends 60cm spacing for a reason,we battle downy mildrew, different insects,poor pollination,poor ventilation,poor yield, fast crop death,small fruits,etc,I have a feeling that spacing has a lot in connection with those problems
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2021
okoroemeka:
this is exactly the sort of wrong planting techniques we are planning to eliminate,the seed company recommends 60cm spacing for a reason,we battle downy mildrew, different insects,poor pollination,poor ventilation,poor yield, fast crop death,small fruits,etc,I have a feeling that spacing has a lot in connection with those problems
insightful , thanks sir
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2021
okoroemeka:
Pls clarify. The daily pay is from what time to what time?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
okoroemeka:
This monalisa f1, is it the type people regard as Hausa cucumber?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cedagrochemical(f): 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2021
Lanjonath:

Its not the manure spray agriguard next time

Fertigate it instead and see how the health of your crop will wow you
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2021
Cedagrochemical:

Fertigate it instead and see how the health of your crop will wow you
do you have greengo
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2021
aquadude15:

do you have greengo
greengo is available now,came in today, WhatsApp for details
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2021
FarmTech:

Pls clarify. The daily pay is from what time to what time?
7am to 3 pm
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:45pm On Jul 03, 2021
FarmTech:

This monalisa f1, is it the type people regard as Hausa cucumber?
I don't think so,I am suspecting that the hausa cucumber variety is a local variety that is adaptable to their climate,just like aba farmers plant ngwalarge variety.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2021
fiddzy:
insightful , thanks sir
our cucumber farm has survived 3 -4 days without rains after transplant,it just rained today since we transplanted,the drip system helped to reduce transplant shock and mortality was below 5%,we have replaced the dead ones today.

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 11:41pm On Jul 03, 2021
okoroemeka:
7am to 3 pm
. Ok, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.