Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,368 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (279428 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Intendy: 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
TangoAlpha:

About 100 needed within 1 -2 weeks. More needed shortly afterwards (provided the weight in gsm is acceptable).

I am in frantic need because the batch I ordered from China won't arrive on time.

Thanks

Will give u for #2,900 and where is your location to confirm waybilling cost ?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by TangoAlpha: 6:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
Intendy:

Will give u for #2,900 and where is your location to confirm waybilling cost ?
Let's take the conversation offline to not derail this thread.

I have an offer for N2,500 already. If you can beat that please contact me privately.

Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Intendy: 6:27pm On Nov 17, 2019
TangoAlpha:

Let's take the conversation offline to not derail this thread.

I have an offer for N2,500 already. If you can beat that please contact me privately.

Thanks

ok. drop your contact and let's see
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by vosquare: 7:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
Please o

Npk 15 15 15 needed o
South West Region
Golden friend is not giving me the necessary results
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by pheonixdld2(m): 7:14am On Nov 18, 2019
Can I please see a picture of the trellis net
okoroemeka:
last price I knew was ₦3500 for one roll of 100 meters length and 2 meters height, check seed world he may still have it.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Intendy: 7:56am On Nov 18, 2019
pheonixdld2:
Can I please see a picture of the trellis net

I've attached it on the previous page sir/ma
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 3:16pm On Nov 18, 2019
vosquare:
Please o
Npk 15 15 15 needed o South West Region Golden friend is not giving me the necessary results
What happened to the Golden 15 15 15?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by my2chains(m): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2019
Please has anyone seen or heard from pistotita my man all this while?

You know we need him around here,

anyways 500k from a plot is very much possible even without hybrid seeds,

all you need is to apply adequate amount of organic fertilizers and forliar sprays,

all this crops needs to be taken good care of expectially when its time of their fruiting stage.

The hardest stage of a farmer is when planting the seeds,

the first one to two months can be really hard and stressfull,
but when its time for harvest thats when you will be smilling like this grin

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by kunlef1: 9:46pm On Nov 18, 2019
DELETED.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by frankedoka: 4:42am On Nov 19, 2019
okoroemeka:
the PVC pipes was lined along the length of the farm and holes opened were the drip line is connected to every ridge of 18 meters length containing 80-90 crops and a total of 56 ridges.
Please sir, do you use over head tank or do you connect to pumping machine? Which one is better?
Secondly, the connectors with valves and the ones without valves which is better and why?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by TangoAlpha: 6:14am On Nov 19, 2019
frankedoka:

Please sir, do you use over head tank or do you connect to pumping machine? Which one is better?
Secondly, the connectors with valves and the ones without valves which is better and why?

Hello sir.

If you will permit me to attempt to answer your questions...

I will start by saying every farm setup is unique and as a result the configuration that's optimal for one farm might not be optimal for another. This is true in general terms and also specifically in terms of irrigation.

Generally speaking, you can irrigate your drips with water coming from your borehole under the pressure delivered by your submersible pump. It should work in most cases.

You can also deliver via overhead tank. One option is not necessarily better than the other. The overhead tank comes with added cost of installation. But gives you the added advantage of storage; which allows you to deliver water under considerable pressure without requiring to run tour pump until you exhaust the stored water.

In terms of running costs. You still spend the same amount on fuel for the generator that powers the pumping machine. So no winner there.

If your interest is in which option delivers better pressure? The answer is it depends on the height of the stand on which the tank is placed versus the capacity of the submersible pump versus the size of your operations.

For a relatively small operation, pressure from the borehole would be adequate, in which case there will be no need for the added cost of installing overhead tank.

The advantage of overhead tank is you have water stored, that you can use for irrigation even when you are not running your pump. The question is whether the extra cost of installing overhead tank is justified. I will say you can avoid that cost.

In terms of the better drip connectors; in my experience, the ones with valves are better. They allow you the flexibility of deciding which beds to water, when and to what extent. They are definitely worth the extra cost.

Depending of the setup of your drips and size of operations, you might discover that the pressure from your borehole or overhead tank or other sources of water is not getting to all the emitters on all the drip lines.

Let's say you have 20 drip lines. You discover that not all the emitters are getting sufficient water, the connectors with valves allows you to do staggered watering. You close off the valves at say 10 of the driplines so that only 10 driplines have to share the pressure from your water source. You will find that the emitters will be better served and than when you had all 20 driplines lined up.

After delivering sufficient water to the first 10 lines, you open the valves of the next 10 lines and close those first 10 driplines. Note, please do NOT close all the connectors before opening the next set....if your pump is delivering water and all the emitters are closed, you will start bursting your hoses or pipes....or even damage the pump.

Even when your pump can serve water to all the driplines sufficiently, you might discover that more water gets some drip lines than to others so that after 1hour of running your pump, some emitter points are already saturated with water while others are not. It is advisable to isolate those that are saturated so that more water gets to those that are yet to get enough water. Otherwise you will overwater some crops and under water some and both categories of crops will potentially be stressed.

I know that some very seasoned farmers can setup their drip irrigation in away that they can effectively use the connectors that don't have valves. But my advise will be to choose the option of with valve. It will save you many known and yet to be seen hassles.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by frankedoka: 7:22am On Nov 19, 2019
TangoAlpha:

Hello sir.

If you will permit me to attempt to answer your questions...

I will start by saying every farm setup is unique and as a result the configuration that's optimal for one farm might not be optimal for another. This is true in general terms and also specifically in terms of irrigation.

Generally speaking, you can irrigate your drips with water coming from your borehole under the pressure delivered by your submersible pump. It should work in most cases.

You can also deliver via overhead tank. One option is not necessarily better than the other. The overhead tank comes with added cost of installation. But gives you the added advantage of storage; which allows you to deliver water under considerable pressure without requiring to run tour pump until you exhaust the stored water.

In terms of running costs. You still spend the same amount on fuel for the generator that powers the pumping machine. So no winner there.

If your interest is in which option delivers better pressure? The answer is it depends on the height of the stand on which the tank is placed versus the capacity of the submersible pump versus the size of your operations.

For a relatively small operation, pressure from the borehole would be adequate, in which case there will be no need for the added cost of installing overhead tank.

The advantage of overhead tank is you have water stored, that you can use for irrigation even when you are not running your pump. The question is whether the extra cost of installing overhead tank is justified. I will say you can avoid that cost.

In terms of the better drip connectors; in my experience, the ones with valves are better. They allow you the flexibility of deciding which beds to water, when and to what extent. They are definitely worth the extra cost.

Depending of the setup of your drips and size of operations, you might discover that the pressure from your borehole or overhead tank or other sources of water is not getting to all the emitters on all the drip lines.

Let's say you have 20 drip lines. You discover that not all the emitters are getting sufficient water, the connectors with valves allows you to do staggered watering. You close off the valves at say 10 of the driplines so that only 10 driplines have to share the pressure from your water source. You will find that the emitters will be better served and than when you had all 20 driplines lined up.

After delivering sufficient water to the first 10 lines, you open the valves of the next 10 lines and close those first 10 driplines. Note, please do NOT close all the connectors before opening the next set....if your pump is delivering water and all the emitters are closed, you will start bursting your hoses or pipes....or even damage the pump.

Even when your pump can serve water to all the driplines sufficiently, you might discover that more water gets some drip lines than to others so that after 1hour of running your pump, some emitter points are already saturated with water while others are not. It is advisable to isolate those that are saturated so that more water gets to those that are yet to get enough water. Otherwise you will overwater some crops and under water some and both categories of crops will potentially be stressed.

I know that some very seasoned farmers can setup their drip irrigation in away that they can effectively use the connectors that don't have valves. But my advise will be to choose the option of with valve. It will save you many known and yet to be seen hassles.

Cheers

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2019
frankedoka:

tangoalpha has hit the nail with a big hammer,we are using the pressure from a 1hp pump borehole and we discovered that the pressure is not reaching the last 10 ridges out of 56 ridges,if we have known valve connectors is better no matter the added cost,what we did was to divide the land in half and water first 25 ridges,then we switch the flexible hose to water the remaining,thank God we are still having light

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Konafas: 3:29pm On Nov 21, 2019
okoroemeka:
planting 20000 crop per acre will give you 3300 crops per plot,that plant density is simply too much and asking for trouble,what we have is 2and half plots and we are planning for 5000 crops on it

Pls what is the size of your one plot,is it 50ft by 100ft or 100ft by 100ft
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
Konafas:

Pls what is the size of your one plot,is it 50ft by 100ft or 100ft by 100ft
50ft by 100
In the east, a plot of land is 50 by 100ft
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by vosquare: 10:46am On Nov 23, 2019
Please, who knows how to use golden friend npk well? I think I'm missing something here. My cucumber have not been yielding well since I've started using this npk. And also mix it with urea sometimes just to get better result but still the same.
Applying the npk through venturi is even worse. It uses like 2 to 3 days before it dissolves.. Kai.

Please if you are getting good result using this npk, show me the way o abeg. I've been looking for wacot, not available. Your ideas and inputs are needed o

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by olaide68(m): 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
Intendy:

Like how many ?

what is this?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Intendy: 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2019
olaide68:
what is this?
staking nets
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by DeLaRue: 9:13pm On Nov 23, 2019
vosquare:
Please, who knows how to use golden friend npk well? I think I'm missing something here. My cucumber have not been yielding well since I've started using this npk. And also mix it with urea sometimes just to get better result but still the same.
Applying the npk through venturi is even worse. It uses like 2 to 3 days before it dissolves.. Kai.

Although, I have no experience of using Golden Friend, I've heard it said that some of these fertilizers are not up to standard. I use Wacot but it is now difficult to get in my area.

I'm also on the lookout for other good brands.

I'm surprised your Urea takes that long to dissolve. We use Indorama Urea, and I've found it to be highly soluble, although we apply fertilizers manually.

If you're not getting good results with your venturi, have you thought about applying a urea solution as a spray on the plants (though you have to be careful) or using a product like Haifa Bonus, until you can get a good 15-15-15.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by vosquare: 8:21am On Nov 24, 2019
DeLaRue:

Although, I have no experience of using Golden Friend, I've heard it said that some of these fertilizers are not up to standard. I use Wacot but it is now difficult to get in my area.

I'm also on the lookout for other good brands.

I'm surprised your Urea takes that long to dissolve. We use Indorama Urea, and I've found it to be highly soluble, although we apply fertilizers manually.

If you're not getting good results with your venturi, have you thought about applying a urea solution as a spray on the plants (though you have to be careful) or using a product like Haifa Bonus, until you can get a good 15-15-15.

I don't apply urea through venturi o. What I'm saying is even though I mix urea with the npk and Bury it, it's not giving me good result. When I want to apply the npk through venturi, It takes like 2-3 days before dissolving. The npk nutrients is not just enough
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2019
4words:

Hi, I am glad I am taking the step myself. I am giving the project my all. I am still reading and trying to come up with a more suitable approach to my planting. I am still going through oga @okoroemeka and @Wizs2019 approach, hopefully I will have a balance approach.

I have not started disturbing my ogas because I want something more concrete on ground before doing so. My 1 hectare has been ploughed, I was suppose to concluded on beds this week only for me to get tpaid the farm yesterday and noticed the workers haven't done much, not their fault though, the land has a lot of elephant grass so we are doing another ploughing.

A truck of manure has been deposited on the land, though we will use 2 trucks. I have equally gotten drip irrigation system.

So all we are waiting for is for the land to be ploughed the second time so that it will be easy to make beds and set the irrigation. Then I can start disturbing my ogas for guidance.

I was suppose to send @Wizs2019 email but I am having challenges changing my email on nairaland to the one I can access. I still need that guidance.

@olakunleben16 it's not a problem at all if you would like to visit. In fact I need someone that can link me to abokis that stay around and can make beds, I need them urgently. I need more worker to hasten the process.

Contact me Kells.kola88@gmail.com
. Hello sir, sorry its taking this long for me to reply my phone got spoil. I hope by now the work would have started
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by nxtEinsten: 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2019
Instead of switching hoses. you can install 2 air valves ( in the middle of your PVC pipe) and fix the flexible hose in the middle of your divided pipe. You can then control each half of the land by opening the valve to the pipe for the side you want to water while closing the valve to the other side. if this is possible it would save the effort of continuously moving the hose. Just my 2 Kobo thoughts.

if I may ask, how frequently do u irrigate in a day and how often per week.

okoroemeka:
tangoalpha has hit the nail with a big hammer,we are using the pressure from a 1hp pump borehole and we discovered that the pressure is not reaching the last 10 ridges out of 56 ridges,if we have known valve connectors is better no matter the added cost,what we did was to divide the land in half and water first 25 ridges,then we switch the flexible hose to water the remaining,thank God we are still having light
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:50am On Nov 26, 2019
sometimes if I am less busy I do use our motobike to tour around farms in my immediate vicinity,I went to a cucumber farm ran by two seriously determined guys,they are using just water pump and hose to irrigate 7000 cucumber crops up to harvesting,for farmers still asking if hose will work this is your answer,it works if you are ready to put in a bit of effort,those two guys will have a merry Xmas because they will have cold cash in their pockets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by crro: 8:28am On Nov 26, 2019
okoroemeka:
sometimes if I am less busy I do use our motobike to tour around farms in my immediate vicinity,I went to a cucumber farm ran by two seriously determined guys,they are using just water pump and hose to irrigate 7000 cucumber crops up to harvesting,for farmers still asking if hose will work this is your answer,it works if you are ready to put in a bit of effort,those two guys will have a merry Xmas because they will have cold cash in their pockets.

Any pics of the water pump ?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Saybal(m): 9:43am On Nov 26, 2019
vosquare:
Got up to 420 bags in about 7600 darina seeds

Please rate it

FMCASH
Cocoboms
Okoroemeka
pls where did you get your darina seed
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:30pm On Nov 26, 2019
crro:

Any pics of the water pump ?
just 2 or 3 inch China water pump,the name of the pump will not even matter because many don't have brand name just GX190 written on the fuel tank,brand new is ₦30-35k
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 11:45pm On Nov 26, 2019
[quote author=Saybal post=84374666] pls where did you get your darina seed[/quote
Got it from a local seed seller here at isiun, your location?]
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by goldenpatty: 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2019
okoroemeka:
just 2 or 3 inch China water pump,the name of the pump will not even matter because many don't have brand name just GX190 written on the fuel tank,brand new is ₦30-35k
pls sir , can this pump draw water from well directly
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by austinomd(m): 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2019
Good Day, i have been following you about in all your thread because of the valuable information you give out freely about farming, I want to plant Okro on 2 plots of land, please do you have any reliable seed seller you can recommend for me to buy Kirikou f1 seeds Okro seeds or any other dwarf and early maturing variety you know of?

Thanks.

okoroemeka:
you will definitely have the upper hand if you also use improved varieties or hybrid seeds for high yields,I am guessing that those farmers will be using saved seeds from previous harvest,you can do melon but on a small scale to test the waters,melon cannot and will not be trusted not to misbehave, plant the okra on 1 acre or less batches to ensure continuous production.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:30pm On Nov 28, 2019
austinomd:
Good Day, i have been following you about in all your thread because of the valuable information you give out freely about farming, I want to plant Okro on 2 plots of land, please do you have any reliable seed seller you can recommend for me to buy Kirikou f1 seeds Okro seeds or any other dwarf and early maturing variety you know of?

Thanks.

check seed world,his goods are a little more costly but he will find kirikou for you
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by pipi84(m): 11:05pm On Nov 30, 2019
[quote author=FMCASH post=84397470][/quote]

Please can I get yours or the contact of the seller cos I need the derina seed. Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by morningglory: 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2019
Can I use spray tube for irrigating cucumber?

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.