Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (279315 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 11:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Please pardon my questions

How come your cucumber didn't drag your wires to the ground... That's an issue I had, and the wires kinda became useless
maybe you didn't dig in your bamboo poles deep enough or the binding wire is lose,we used that is system in project green seas and didn't see any problems with the staking,make sure that the two king posts are buried deep and strong
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:41pm On Mar 21, 2020
@ Okoroemeka. I hope u know about biogas. That slurry from it is very rich in soluble nutrients because anaerobic fermentation can extract lots of nutrients from manure. If u expose it to air for 1 or 2 weeks you can use it safely. It will give much better result than manure soak.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by vosquare: 2:51am On Mar 23, 2020
Wizs2019:

Great question!

How to explain easily without confusion ehmm, I will try. Please ask me to clarify anything you don't quite understand.

Every crop has its own unique nutrient requirements. These requirements have been identified through research and experiments. So once you know the requirement for the crop you are planting and you know the total area you are planting on, you can now use that information to formulate your total fertilisers needs.

So now it gets interesting. Plants are like human beings, you have to feed them at different intervals just like a human cannot eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at the same time, you have to divide and apply the total amount of fertilisers you formulated into either daily, every 3 or every 5 days interval for life of the plant. Also just like humans start as a baby with milk and then to solids (because milk is not filling the baby and doesn't contain enough nutrition anymore) so it is with plants. In dividing your total fertilisers, you have to take in account the different stages of the plant growth and the nutrients most required at each stage. For cucumber, the growth stages are vegetative growth, flowering/fruit-set and the fruit production. All this information is available at:

https://www.haifa-group.com/cucumber-fertilizer/crop-guide-plant-care-fertigation

Passing comments, it is better to apply some fertilisers directly into the soil because they don't dissolve easily and the nutrient they give stay in the soil for long (SSP contains Phosphorus which stays in the soil for long). Also you cannot mix certain fertilisers because they will react together and clog up you pipes. See attached image.

So please read the article in the link, comment about your understanding and ask any other more questions you have.
Anyway to get in touch with you?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by calixjabs(f): 12:36am On Mar 24, 2020
okoroemeka:
after several experiments on using organic chicken manure(ocm) for fertigation in cucumbers we finally decided to use the method of soaking the OCM in a big vat not putting it in bags and pouring water into it and after turning for 3-4 days the mixture is left to settle for a day so that the solid materials will sediment at the bottom,this method gives faster extraction of nutrients in the OCM,so we simply skim the solution and filter with a fine mesh,we have no method to check the nutrient composition of the OCM but the solution is so potent that if it drops on cucumber leafs that area will turn white in hours just like urea,the organic fertigation was a success no blocked emitters no dramas.with this method it's a cost cutting solution on feeding crops small dose of nutrients even on a daily basis with no added stress either on the body or in the pocket.

hello sir.
can this ocm method be employed when using hose ?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by calixjabs(f): 12:38am On Mar 24, 2020
I was wondering how much will it take to pull off 1 hecter on cucumber farm . starting from seeds , fertilizer, irrigation etc
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:41am On Mar 24, 2020
calixjabs:
I was wondering how much will it take to pull off 1 hecter on cucumber farm .
starting from seeds , fertilizer, irrigation etc
have you done cucumber farming before?? if not?? then forget about 1 hecter for now.. and downsize to 1 to 3plots instead

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by HornyTave: 4:53am On Mar 25, 2020
calixjabs:
I was wondering how much will it take to pull off 1 hecter on cucumber farm .
starting from seeds , fertilizer, irrigation etc

I hectare?
finally I got a nice joke to laugh about this coro season.

before you say convid -19 your investment would vanish into thin air.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by uche393: 11:17am On Mar 25, 2020
HornyTave:

I hectare?
finally I got a nice joke to laugh about this coro season.

before you say convid -19 your investment would vanish into thin air.
If corona gets worse in Nigeria price of things will increase, the only problem @calixjabs will have is raining season bcuz of Dm disease
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 12:39pm On Mar 25, 2020
uche393:

If corona gets worse in Nigeria price of things will increase, the only problem @calixjabs will have is raining season bcuz of Dm disease
no if Corona gets worse price of things will decrease.. because even if theres short of supply of whatever food item that is needed by the public.. there wont be money in circulation.... it's a race of whether you sell them for whatever price they're offering or you let them go bad

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Sweetdream13: 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2020
[color=#006600][/color][i][/i]
Psalmy2cute:

no if Corona gets worse price of things will decrease... because even if theres short of supply of whatever food item that is needed by the public.. there wont be money in circulation.... it's a race of whether you sell them for whatever price they're offering or you let them go bad
Price of perishables (fruit and vegetables) good might go down.
Lots of agro-allied industries will reduce their operation due to economic meltdown, so agro products suppliers that service this industry must sit tight.
Price of feedstuff might shoot up, those foodstuff coming from North if there is total lockdown at the same time in case of panic buying.
But I believe any farmers that thinks in direction of storage and value addition will surely cash out after all the brouhaha.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2020
many farmers I know are pulling back on planting this trying period for reasons that are quite obvious panic, recession, etc ,caused by the global health crisis but whatever happens the economics of supply and demand will always manifest because by the time the produce that supposed to be planted now are to be harvested there will be a sharp drop in supply due to less crops were planted during the health crisis and the demand and prices may go up,but the Outlook is not so Rosy in the long run considering the low prices of oil,but it is obvious that the aftershocks of the low oil prices will strike but not immediately maybe in 3-5 months,by then any farmer that is brave and crazy enough to do a large scale operation this time will cash out.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by noeloge82(m): 11:13pm On Mar 25, 2020
okoroemeka:
many farmers I know are pulling back on planting this trying period for reasons that are quite obvious panic, recession, etc ,caused by the global health crisis but whatever happens the economics of supply and demand will always manifest because by the time the produce that supposed to be planted now are to be harvested there will be a sharp drop in supply due to less crops were planted during the health crisis and the demand and prices may go up,but the Outlook is not so Rosy in the long run considering the low prices of oil,but it is obvious that the aftershocks of the low oil prices will strike but not immediately maybe in 3-5 months,by then any farmer that is brave and crazy enough to do a large scale operation this time will cash out.

Your sentiments are very Germain , but with or without economic crunch food will always remain a variable constant , from the past economic indices any farmer who has d opportunity should go ahead and keep planting cos while many are skeptical about which way Agricultural produce will remain high on d demand cos less hands are wiling to produce now.
So I fully support ur assertion but no need to wait d time to a get busy is now
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:33am On Mar 26, 2020
[quote author=noeloge82 post=87768320]

Your sentiments are very Germain , but with or without economic crunch food will always remain a variable constant , from the past economic indices any farmer who has d opportunity should go ahead and keep planting cos while many are skeptical about which way Agricultural produce will remain high on d demand cos less hands are wiling to produce now.
So I fully support ur assertion but no need to wait d time to a get busy is now[quote}]]]]]proactive measures by various state governments during this global health crisis will make a very huge impact on the viability of farming operations especially perishables like veggies ,I got credible info that veggie markets in owerri was shut down and onitsha market is also rumbling and grumbling but if they finally shut that one,any farmer that has a big harvest coming up is in trouble,we are targeting our next production to come up in 50-60 days time by then hopefully the dust must have settled.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by noeloge82(m): 6:58am On Mar 26, 2020
[quote author=okoroemeka post=87771400][/quote]
Good plan
But farmers of other food crops need not waste more time , from the information I got from UK who has already shut down it indicates prices are on d rise and even though markets are shutting down food markets cannot be shut down for a long time as Hunger virus maybe worse than corona virus and we all know we don't have food banks in Nigeria here , if those food markets are short down i can guarantee you that it will not last more than 7 days and 14 days on the max , and then what happens only farmers who have produce then can now dictate prices.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by HornyTave: 7:01am On Mar 26, 2020
uche393:

The lockdown coupled with economic downturn would make some vegetable crops , less profitable.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 11:37am On Mar 26, 2020
All these calculations ;DAll these calculations

Iin all, the foodstuffs that will appeal to people are very important ones [food] not fruit vegetables.

One can survive without fruits.

But, the future is bright, I believe.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by calixjabs(f): 3:58pm On Mar 26, 2020
okoroemeka:

I can't agree less,
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by calixjabs(f): 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2020
HornyTave:

The lockdown coupled with economic downturn would make some vegetable crops , less profitable.

vegetables and food stuff will spike in price reasons because those fruit coming from the north are in lock down and the supply of food stuff in the south is low and the demand will increase.
simple law of supply and demand.
in the next one to two weeks . I believe the previous supply that was made from the north will be done with and sellers will be looking for where they could get those fruits to sell. price competition will be among sellers and that's where the price will do it thing.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by HornyTave: 2:39am On Mar 27, 2020
calixjabs:

vegetables and food stuff will spike in price reasons because those fruit coming from the north are in lock down and the supply of food stuff in the south is low and the demand will increase.
simple law of supply and demand.
in the next one to two weeks . I believe the previous supply that was made from the north will be done with and sellers will be looking for where they could get those fruits to sell. price competition will be among sellers and that's where the price will do it thing.

let's watch and see how the vegetable market would be during a lock down
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by mirabel9(f): 6:36am On Mar 27, 2020
HornyTave:

let's watch and see how the vegetable market would be during a lock down

this is very simple for even a lay man to decipher.

Prizes of vegetables expecially foodstuffs will increase to a maximum.

I pray we have enough to sustain us all through this harsh times
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by HornyTave: 4:00pm On Mar 27, 2020
mirabel9:

this is very simple for even a lay man to decipher.

Prizes of vegetables expecially foodstuffs will increase to a maximum.

I pray we have enough to sustain us all through this harsh times

I guess you're not a farmer. do you know how price of vegetables crash? ok, example,

An average Nigerian in this lockdown would think more of buying dry, long term food not vegetables like cucumber that would spoil on time.

If there's a lockdown, vegetable farmers especially cucumber farmers would be forced to sell at ridiculous prices.

garri and other items will go up
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by mirabel9(f): 4:04pm On Mar 27, 2020
HornyTave:

I guess you're not a farmer. do you know how price of vegetables crash? ok, example,

An average Nigerian in this lockdown would think more of buying dry, long term food not vegetables like cucumber that would spoil on time.

If there's a lockdown, vegetable farmers especially cucumber farmers would be forced to sell at ridiculous prices.

garri and other items will go up

thats really true,
some vegetables and fruits will be forced to sell at any prize just to make sales.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by HornyTave: 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2020
mirabel9:

thats really true,
some vegetables and fruits will be forced to sell at any prize just to make sales.

are you the gal who want to start cucumber on hectare for the first time.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 5:49pm On Mar 27, 2020
All these calculations

Iin all, the foodstuffs that will appeal to people
are very important ones [food] not fruit
vegetables.

One can survive without fruits.

Simple economics.

But the reverse might be the case at 10% possibility.

But, the future is bright, I believe.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by calixjabs(f): 9:43am On Mar 28, 2020
HornyTave:

are you the gal who want to start cucumber on hectare for the first time.

am the one, and its not the first time .
also I didn't mean I will start right away .
just wanna know how much capital it will take to start such a project.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 9:49am On Mar 28, 2020
calixjabs:

am the one, and its not the first time .
also I didn't mean I will start right away .
just wanna know how much capital it will take to start such a project.
if you'll be dripping the entire 1 hecter then you're looking at 2m plus
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by AshinzeNonso: 10:59am On Mar 28, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
if you'll be dripping the entire 1 hecter then you're looking at 2m plus
The fact is that to put drip on an ace would take u 250k, making 2 and half acre, 750k to do such
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 12:01pm On Mar 28, 2020
AshinzeNonso:

The fact is that to put drip on an ace would take u 250k, making 2 and half acre, 750k to do such
you've not included filter?? what about mud pump.. we have no idea of her source of water..
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by HornyTave: 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
calixjabs:

am the one, and its not the first time . also I didn't mean I will start right away . just wanna know how much capital it will take to start such a project.
That's a massive workload. the mental stress alone is something esle
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by AshinzeNonso: 1:54pm On Mar 28, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
you've not included filter?? what about mud pump.. we have no idea of her source of water..
The individual never specified so and he/she can use a high voltage pump that would be more than 40-50k, except the case of drilling he/she would use less than that amount
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by AshinzeNonso: 1:57pm On Mar 28, 2020
HornyTave:

That's a massive workload. the mental stress alone is something esle
The individual just want to know, beside it would be easily possible if she has an idea of cucumber farming employ cotonou hands in doing the difficult parts like staking, planting e.t.c, they are paid yearly but u will feed them
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by HornyTave: 3:07pm On Mar 28, 2020
AshinzeNonso:

The individual just want to know, beside it would be easily possible if she has an idea of cucumber farming employ cotonou hands in doing the difficult parts like staking, planting e.t.c, they are paid yearly but u will feed them

Vegetable farming is very technical, the stress would be less if she wants to use animals not humans, and for a girl, you know na, those guys go try to intimidate her.

if she can kick off 3 plots max with modern systems and hybrid seeds, she would profit more than an hectare

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.