Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (279305 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:28am On Apr 29, 2020
engadgement:
Pls, how much (will 100k be enough) will I need to cultivate on a plot of land 600sqm and what could the profit margin be. I based in Ibadan.

Thanks for you response
there are many specifics you missed like what sort of water do you have for irrigation and distance,what sort of irrigation are you planning hand watering or drip irrigation,what type of staking will you use net or nylon rope,type or variety of seed,and pls whenever you are doing any agricultural project don't let your mind go to much on profit margins or how much you will make when not even one blade of grass had been cleared from the site,it will always make the farmer lose focus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by engadgement: 8:27am On Apr 29, 2020
okoroemeka:
there are many specifics you missed like what sort of water do you have for irrigation and distance,what sort of irrigation are you planning hand watering or drip irrigation,what type of staking will you use net or nylon rope,type or variety of seed,and pls whenever you are doing any agricultural project don't let your mind go to much on profit margins or how much you will make when not even one blade of grass had been cleared from the site,it will always make the farmer lose focus
Thanks so much. I believe I have a lot to learn from you bro Okoroemeka. I have a plot of land beside my home and am planning to farm cabbage on it. Initially I use it for cassava planting. I have a borehore in my house and am planning to run pipe into the farm land. I will like you to enlighten me the more. I am will to learn. And what kind of soil can it survive most here in the west. Thanks sir
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
Futurejoy:

After the incident, I cleared the farm .applied my soil amendments and watered routinely morning and evening (cucumber is a fragile plant) and the yield was awesome. From my research though, a combination of Poultry manure and NPK will produce more yield but will deteriorate fast, while that of just poultry manure has a long shelf life.

How soon after getting from the poultry it did you apply the manure?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Futurejoy(f): 6:52pm On Apr 29, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

How soon after getting from the poultry it did you apply the manure?
I left it to cure for 3 weeks be I started planting
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2020
Futurejoy:

I left it to cure for 3 weeks be I started planting

Thanks... Was it soaked in water or just left in the bag?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Futurejoy(f): 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

I spread it on the plot and applied water on the plot, then I left it that way for 3 weeks. If you apply it and plant without allowing it to cure (decompose properly) , it will kill your cucumber seedlings cos cucumber is a very fragile plant in the sense that as the poultry manure is decomposing it is releasing heat that could damage the plant. You don’t want that
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Futurejoy(f): 7:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Before all this, make sure you till the soil and make it loose for easy development of the plant . After this sow your seeds , place palm leaves or dry leaves over it and then water thoughly. This is allow the plant withstand stress/ over heating from the soil else it will be like the case of boiling the seed and the end result will be no sprout.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
Futurejoy:

Before all this, make sure you till the soil and make it loose for easy development of the plant . After this sow your seeds , place palm leaves or dry leaves over it and then water thoughly. This is allow the plant withstand stress/ over heating from the soil else it will be like the case of boiling the seed and the end result will be no sprout.
How will it shoot out when it's being covered with palm leaves??
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Futurejoy(f): 8:05pm On Apr 29, 2020
Victornezzar:

How will it shoot out when it's being covered with palm leaves??
Have you ever cultivated?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
Futurejoy:

Have you ever cultivated?
Naaaah

I'm just asking..... Don't have knowledge about this
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Futurejoy(f): 8:42pm On Apr 29, 2020
Victornezzar:

Naaaah

I'm just asking..... Don't have knowledge about this
You have a long way to go. Agriculture is beyond just planting and harvesting. You just have to learn practically
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2020
Futurejoy:

You have a long way to go. Agriculture is beyond just planting and harvesting. You just have to learn practically
Yup I know..... The lockdown is really stalling things for me

I've already made arrangement with a Farm owner so I can spend some time in his farm

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Futurejoy(f): 8:50pm On Apr 29, 2020
Victornezzar:

Yup I know..... The lockdown is really stalling things for me

I've already made arrangement with a Farm owner so I can spend some time in his farm
Okay, it’s cool too. You can also incorporate Snailery into your plan too. There is market for it too.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 8:50pm On Apr 29, 2020
Futurejoy:

Okay, it’s cool too. You can also incorporate Snailery into your plan too. There is market for it too.
Really??

So there's a large demand for snails too shocked shocked
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Futurejoy(f): 8:55pm On Apr 29, 2020
Victornezzar:

Really??

So there's a large demand for snails too shocked shocked
Yes, considering a lot of health benefits it has. Hotels, restaurants , bars and house holds demand for it. Just survey the market around you
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2020
Futurejoy:

Yes, considering a lot of health benefits it has. Hotels, restaurants , bars and house holds demand for it. Just survey the market around you
Thanks a lot dear cool cool cool cool

I was only thinking about Cukes and Okro... I think I now have to touch some aspects
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
Victornezzar:

Thanks a lot dear cool cool cool cool

I was only thinking about Cukes and Okro... I think I now have to touch some aspects
Start with just one and focus. I don't think cukes is good for a beginner. Why not start with vegetables - green, scent leaf, curry or ugu? Then plant few cucumbers and read them as they grow.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
Futurejoy:

I spread it on the plot and applied water on the plot, then I left it that way for 3 weeks. If you apply it and plant without allowing it to cure (decompose properly) , it will kill your cucumber seedlings cos cucumber is a very fragile plant in the sense that as the poultry manure is decomposing it is releasing heat that could damage the plant. You don’t want that
When u don't bury manure, they gas off some nitrogen. Better to apply manure and make ur ridges. Then wait for 1-2 weeks before u plant. But for me, I can do all that and plant immediately because the manure I used are mostly manure that have been stored for some time. But I think that cukes tolerate fresh manure well so far as the manure is not touching the stem. I have read that somewhere.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2020
FarmTech:

Start with just one and focus. I don't think cukes is good for a beginner. Why not start with vegetables - green, scent leaf, curry or ugu? Then plant few cucumbers and read them as they grow.
Sure boss, I can't just start with once like that

Regarding cukes I'm thinking of starting small.... But I've to undergo an intensive practical training
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Futurejoy(f): 10:44pm On Apr 29, 2020
FarmTech:

When u don't bury manure, they gas off some nitrogen. Better to apply manure and make ur ridges. Then wait for 1-2 weeks before u plant. But for me, I can do all that and plant immediately because the manure I used are mostly manure that have been stored for some time. But I think that cukes tolerate fresh manure well so far as the manure is not touching the stem. I have read that somewhere.

Yes , very true. I did ring application round the plants back then .
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:12am On Apr 30, 2020
Futurejoy:

very correct,we did trials and error on ways to check mate rats eating planted cucumber seed,this peculiar problem has caused heartbreak to many farmers,I even got a call yesterday about a farm that lost close to 6000 seeds to rats in a single night and I think it's time to share some of our experiments and results for other Farrmers to use and see if it will work as it did in our site, we got ₦100 garlic,crushed it and poured it into a bucket with cover,we got the black stuff from. dry cell battery and mixed it with the whole seed to be planted,then mix with the garlic and cover it,to be planted the next day,we used this method and planted 10,000 seeds and didn't lose even one.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by jethro2: 7:27am On Apr 30, 2020
Great experiments

I will suggest you use Garlic, Chilli pepper blended and soaked in any vegetable oil for 24hrs or overnight

It works perfectly

Battery water is poisonous and not advisable to use in any food related business

The after effects of the battery water stay long on the cucumber fruits to build up in the body system of those that eat such over time

okoroemeka:
very correct,we did trials and error on ways to check mate rats eating planted cucumber seed,this peculiar problem has caused heartbreak to many farmers,I even got a call yesterday about a farm that lost close to 6000 seeds to rats in a single night and I think it's time to share some of our experiments and results for other Farrmers to use and see if it will work as it did in our site, we got ₦100 garlic,crushed it and poured it into a bucket with cover,we got the black stuff from. dry cell battery and mixed it with the whole seed to be planted,then mix with the garlic and cover it,to be planted the next day,we used this method and planted 10,000 seeds and didn't lose even one.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Futurejoy(f): 7:43am On Apr 30, 2020
okoroemeka:
Yes o, this one is very true. The first time I planted, I noticed some loss will a small holes dig out from where the seeds were planted. The guy I paid to take care of the farm complained about rats doing the harm at first, I thought he was lying though.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Futurejoy(f): 7:45am On Apr 30, 2020
okoroemeka:
I don’t think battery cell is good cos of it long term effect on consumer.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 7:51am On Apr 30, 2020
Futurejoy:

I don’t think battery cell is good cos of it long term effect on consumer.
Better mixed with ginger before planting ryt??

Good morning
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by uche393: 8:08am On Apr 30, 2020
There was a time I gave chicken dung 2months burial but the thing still burn some of my cucumbers .

from my experience both fresh and old chicken manure can burn your crop.
i noticed the reason why chicken manure Burns is the reaction between Sunlight+hydrogen=ammonia

so if you can mulch the chicken manure (for small farm)
or use drip fetigation + good filtration system
or apply directly with few inch space
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 8:21am On Apr 30, 2020
uche393:
There was a time I gave chicken dung 2months burial but the thing still burn some of my cucumbers .

i noticed the reason why chicken manure Burns is the reaction between Sunlight+hydrogen=ammonia

I heard it's advisable you apply them few inches away from the plant
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Futurejoy(f): 9:45am On Apr 30, 2020
Victornezzar:

Better mixed with ginger before planting ryt??

Good morning
Yes and you can also try the chili pepper blend too cos I know rats don’t like anything spicy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by uche393: 3:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
Victornezzar:
I heard it's advisable you apply them few inches away from the plant
3 or 4 inch is good
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:13pm On May 02, 2020
uche393:

How did u applied the manure?
That sunlight hydrogen reaction u gave isn't correct. The burning is mainly due to heat and toxic gases formed by microbes.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by uche393: 10:49pm On May 02, 2020
FarmTech:

How did u applied the manure?
That sunlight hydrogen reaction u gave isn't correct. The burning is mainly due to heat and toxic gases formed by microbes.

I did it on pilot cucumber farm which I planted in sacks. the plants was 3wks old during the Application

I divided the the application of the manure into three

(1)the mulched

(2) the ones I applied close to the stem

(3) the ones I gave 3-4inch space

all no2 died within two days
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by omoniyisam: 8:51pm On May 03, 2020
please do I need to do anything to attract enough bees to my watermelon farm for pollination or the few I'm seeing is good enough.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.