Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (279221 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by dreymania: 8:10am On Jun 03, 2020
ideepaul:

I pray God blesses you with great success in this project. It's not easy to suffer like that with nothing to show for!
If you plan to use fertilizer(I believe this is important if you did not apply sufficient manure), you should apply the second phase already and another application two weeks from now. Are you not staking? Pls you should have all staking materials already in place o, if that crop gets bigger than that it may be difficult to stake. Are you using only saaf fungicide for downy mildew control?

Amen. I was unable to get saaf. Only zforce was available. I'm already working on getting stakes, have preparing the stakes yesterday but I guess what I have on ground might not be enough. I'd source for more tho.
Thanks for the advice
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by freshrose: 12:22pm On Jun 03, 2020
ideepaul:

I guess oga Okoroemeka gave you the answers already! Please don't make the mistake of assuming your farm won't be infected with pests/diseases. Spray your farm weekly with more than 1 type of fungicide/pesticide
Please, in spraying fungicide on a newly germinating seedlings (4 days old ),can it touch the germinating leaves or only the surrounding soil. Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 12:32pm On Jun 03, 2020
okoroemeka:
look for wasott,ebonyi fertilizer, Springfield,etc,any fertilizer that is around #6-7000k a bag,but all this solar,golden,etc,that is sold for #3-3500 naira is just moulded clay soil with little urea added.

Thank you sir
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 12:34pm On Jun 03, 2020
freshrose:

Please, in spraying fungicide on a newly germinating seedlings (4 days old ),can it touch the germinating leaves or only the surrounding soil. Thanks
It won't affect the leafs if you follow the instructions. Btw is the 4 days not too early? I think a 4 day old cuke seedling doesn't have up to 2 true leafs. I am planning to spray mine from days 8-10 by God's grace if I get the cabrio I am looking for presently
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2020
okoroemeka:
look for wasott,ebonyi fertilizer, Springfield,etc,any fertilizer that is around #6-7000k a bag,but all this solar,golden,etc,that is sold for #3-3500 naira is just moulded clay soil with little urea added.
What is your experience with 12-12-17-2 NPK.Mg fertilizers? I know it works well for tomatoes, don't know about cucumber
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Pes13: 12:59am On Jun 04, 2020
Good morning sirs. Thank you for the good work here.

I called my suppliers, several hours ago, and she said only murano 2f1 and Tokyo seed is available for pick up.

I have never planted murano 2f1, I am only familiar with greengo.

However, I need to know what to plant to balance the high female flower of murano 2f1.

Thank you sirs.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:25am On Jun 04, 2020
Pes13:
Good morning sirs. Thank you for the good work here.

I called my suppliers, several hours ago, and she said only murano 2f1 and Tokyo seed is available for pick up.

I have never planted murano 2f1, I am only familiar with greengo.

However, I need to know what to plant to balance the high female flower of murano 2f1.

Thank you sirs.
Tokyo is hybrid but I don't think it is an all female flower producer like Murano,you can plant the two ,at least tokyo will have more male flowers for proper pollination
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Pes13: 10:37am On Jun 04, 2020
okoroemeka:
Tokyo is hybrid but I don't think it is an all female flower producer like Murano,you can plant the two ,at least tokyo will have more male flowers for proper pollination

Thank you sir. I will do that.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by calixjabs(f): 2:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
okoroemeka:

Hello sir. I have few questions to ask

1)is this format of fertilizer application right
First application of chicken manure before planting
Second application will be done day 20-24 before flowering stage
Then npk will be applied from day 34-38. And also after every two harvest
Fungicide, foliar will be applied every week from day 14.
Insecticides will be applied when there is sign of insect attack.

Hope this format us right and I stand to be corrected.

2) when using drip do you apply npk manually or you pass it through the drip.

3)and what are the list of chemicals do you apply when using drip and in what format.

4)what's the advantage of drip over hand watering

Thanks for your reply
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 3:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
calixjabs:

Hello sir. I have few questions to ask

1)is this format of fertilizer application right
First application of chicken manure before planting
Second application will be done day 20-24 before flowering stage
Then npk will be applied from day 34-38. And also after every two harvest
Fungicide, foliar will be applied every week from day 14.
Insecticides will be applied when there is sign of insect attack.

Hope this format us right and I stand to be corrected.

2) when using drip do you apply npk manually or you pass it through the drip.

3)and what are the list of chemicals do you apply when using drip and in what format.

4)what's the advantage of drip over hand watering
Ok
Thanks for your reply
the only change will be that npk fertilizer will be applied before flowering and fruiting (before 28 days),the nutrients required is now coming up and manure alone cannot cope,you can fertigate urea from 2 weeks but stop after 3-4 application to aviod runaway growth,we use maxiforce and co,drip is the best irrigation solution for vegetables especially cucumbers and melon,comparing drip and handwatering is like comparing a Kawasaki ninja with a Bajaj boxer.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Pes13: 8:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
Good evening sir, @okoroemeka.

I got my murano 2f1 today. I took the pain to count the seeds in a can (1, 916 seeds in a can). I got two can in total to be planted on 1/2 acres.

I have some questions

1.Can I use NPK 20-10-10? That is what my supplier have at the moment, and I don't trust must of the 7k per bag NPK 15-15-15 in ibadan.

2. I have about 10 bags of poultry manure, which was bag since last year( I hope it is still good enough) . However, my question is that what quantity should I mix with soil as basal manure, in other to avoid burning my plant.

3. What other things do I need to get, to start the game. I have bought ridmogold fungicide.

4. I need a supplier of staking net and hafier bonus or maxiforce in Ibadan, I will be grateful if you have any link in Ibadan that can be of help sir.

Let me add my observations and plans.

I want to collect every data of murano 2f1, from percentage growth, first harvest date, average total number of fruit per plant yield of murano 2f1 under good intense Agricultural conditions.

When I planted greengo, one of the cucumber plant produce 6 big fruits at a go, even with the fact that I only fed it with NPK weekly, and my first harvest was on day 35 after planting. The least of the plant produce 3 fruits at a go.

I want to know the boss grin, because I love greengo, very slick, any amateur can operate it. cool

With respect to the male flower issue of murano I asked you about sir, I have an idea. I will just separate 10 cucumber plant, and expose them to a very stressful agricultural conditions (supplying them with water only ). With this arrangement, they will be force to produce only male flowers. I mistakenly discovered this effect on greengo.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 10:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
Pes13:

I got my murano 2f1 today. I took the pain to count the seeds in a can (1, 916 seeds in a can). I got two can in total to be planted on 1/2 acres.

I have some questions

1.Can I use NPK 20-10-10? That is what my supplier have at the moment, and I don't trust must of the 7k per bag NPK 15-15-15 in ibadan.

2. I have about 10 bags of poultry manure, which was bag since last year( I hope it is still good enough) . However, my question is that what quantity should I mix with soil as basal manure, in other to avoid burning my plant.

3. What other things do I need to get, to start the game. I have bought ridmogold fungicide.

4. I need a supplier of staking net and hafier bonus or maxiforce in Ibadan, I will be grateful if you have any link in Ibadan that can be of help sir.

I want to collect every data of murano 2f1, from percentage growth, first harvest date, average total number of fruit per plant yield of murano 2f1 under good intense Agricultural conditions.

When I planted greengo, one of the cucumber plant produce 6 big fruits at a go, even with the fact that I only fed it with NPK weekly, and my first harvest was on day 35 after planting. The least of the plant produce 3 fruits at a go.

I want to know the boss grin, because I love greengo, very slick, any amateur can operate it. cool

With respect to the male flower issue of murano I asked you about sir, I have an idea. I will just separate 10 cucumber plant, and expose them to a very stressful agricultural conditions (supplying them with water only ). With this arrangement, they will be force to produce only male flowers. I mistakenly discovered this effect on greengo.

Boss you got 1900 seeds from the 50g container whereas the 5×10g) Saira sachets gave me about 1800 seeds!
Oga Okoroemeka and the profs in the house will help about the fertilizer issue, but from my tomato experience, 20-10-10 is not really for the fruiting stage . I applied the 15-15-15 and 20-10-10 fertilizer on my pepper and tomato, but 12-12-17-2 brought out more flowers and balanced plant growth
10 bags of manure for 1/2 acre? I think it's totally inadequate! I paid for 50 bags of manure but got 32 bags for about 1800 crops, please increase the quantity of manure if possible.
Murano is predominantly female, and if your stress experiment doesn't work, I hate to think of the consequence o. I really don't know a lot about cukes(dark green) varieties that have high male flower population. I wish you good luck, I will show my seeds on monday
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Pes13: 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
ideepaul:

Boss you got 1900 seeds from the 50g container whereas the 5×5g(25g) Saira sachets gave me about 1800 seeds!
Oga Okoroemeka and the profs in the house will help about the fertilizer issue, but from my tomato experience, 20-10-1 no0 is not really for the fruiting stage . I applied the 15-15-15 and 20-10-10 fertilizer on my pepper and tomato, but 12-12-17-2 brought out more flowers and balanced plant growth
10 bags of manure for 1/2 acre? I think it's totally inadequate! I paid for 50 bags of manure but got 32 bags for about 1800 crops, please increase the quantity of manure if possible.
Murano is predominantly female, and if your stress experiment doesn't work, I hate to think of the consequence o. I really don't know a lot about cukes(dark green) varieties that have high male flower population. I wish you good luck, I will show my seeds on monday

Firstly, In South West, only dark green cukes attract the market.

Secondly, I can increase the bag to even 100.lolz that isn't a problem.

Finally, I once planted monalisa,(predominant female like Murano) I didn't apply any fertilizer except Haifa bonus. Every other thing were good except that they crawl . To my surprise 85% of the flowers were male.

I believed it will work, and even if it does not, greengo(gyenocious) produces just one male flower per plant, and it was suffient to pollinate the female flower.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by adesiku(m): 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
Hello @ oga okoroemeka, pls is it ideal to plant watermelon at this period of high rainfall. I wish to plant Koloss F1 by technisem and i read that it can adapt to rainy season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Hasib04(m): 7:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
Good evening, what chemical can I use to kill caterpillars, they were eating my cucumber leaves, my cucumber is now 5 days old.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nezzjnr: 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
Hasib04:
Good evening, what chemical can I use to kill caterpillars, they were eating my cucumber leaves, my cucumber is now 5 days old.
. Use Laraforce gold

You would have used it from the day your cukes started germinating.... Combine Ridomil gold and Laraforce gold and spray on your plant twice weekly

Interchange Ridomil gold with Saaf so your cukes won't form resistance
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2020
adesiku:
Hello @ oga okoroemeka, pls is it ideal to plant watermelon at this period of high rainfall. I wish to plant Koloss F1 by technisem and i read that it can adapt to rainy season.
well,watermelons don't like too much humidity but it definitely needs a trial,you can take half or one plot and plant to see how it will go
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by freshrose: 9:03am On Jun 07, 2020
Please, I want to know if one can apply Neem cake fertiliser for cucumber plant .
And what is the NPK ratio of Neem cake fertiliser?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Ebbybam: 8:43am On Jun 08, 2020
Please I need greengo and they don't have it here in akure, and I have prepared the land for it.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by 4words: 10:24am On Jun 09, 2020
Pes13:

I have some questions

Hi where in ibadan do you buy your fertilizer, can I get their contact please. Thanks.

Seems there is now 100% increase in the price of Cultivating cucumber and the price per bag of cucumber still remains thesame in the market
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by austinomd(m): 6:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
Please who knows where i can get NPK Fertilizer in Lagos? I want to use it in my ugu farm to support pod production because i haven't been able to apply sufficient manure.

Kindly help please
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by bigcil2(m): 9:50am On Jun 10, 2020
Hello house I have 2 pumping machines for sale
2inch (5.5hp) and 3 inches (6hp)
They used
Location is Lagos
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Pes13: 10:32am On Jun 10, 2020
4words:

Hi where in ibadan do you buy your fertilizer, can I get their contact please. Thanks.

Seems there is now 100% increase in the price of Cultivating cucumber and the price per bag of cucumber still remains thesame in the market

I got my fertilizer at one of this East west suppliers at adamasigba stadium shopping complex . Mokola.

Nothing irritate me in Agriculture than wholesale buyers dictating price to farmers.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by OluchiDelly: 11:57am On Jun 10, 2020
austinomd:
Please who knows where i can get NPK Fertilizer in Lagos? I want to use it in my ugu farm to support pod production because i haven't been able to apply sufficient manure.

Kindly help please

Check min of Agric, beside Lagos poly, odonginyan, ikorodu.
Or
Sabo mrk, via ilepo oba b stop, ikorodu. They sell bags, per Congo etc.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by OluchiDelly: 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ebbybam:
Please I need greengo and they don't have it here in akure, and I have prepared the land for it.

Lol, you prepared land without seeing what you want to plant?

If you have not gottem yet, search for hybridveggies on NL, he can waybill to Akure for you.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by dmz1: 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
@ Intendy what is the dimension/size of a staking net?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by 4words: 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2020
Pes13:

Zero eight zero six zero three one seven nine one eight.

I got my fertilizer at one of this East west suppliers at adamasigba stadium shopping complex . Mokola.

Nothing irritate me in Agriculture than wholesale buyers dictating price to farmers.

This is a big challenge, the rate at which they've all increase the prices of farming input is alarming. But guess what, we are only doing ourselves because there will be food shortage in the next 6 to 12 months if something drastic isn't done. And the cycle will come back to bite them and their familes.

Thanks for the contact, I will call them
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Intendy: 6:31pm On Jun 10, 2020
dmz1:
@ Intendy what is the dimension/size of a staking net?

100 meters long and 2meters high

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Wiseking00(m): 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
okoroemeka:
one plastic spoonful per crop,yes it was in agriculture I made the first mil,I drove a family friend for an agric expo in ibadan,we went to many farms and we came to Moor plantation research farm,the manager was looking for buyers for their pig weaners,I asked the price,he said #2000k each,hmmmm!after our return to east I asked myself how hard can it be,we have space were I can rear then,so I went back bought 100 weaners,paid #50k for transportation and after 6 months of management,one buyer came and cleared all @15k per one,total #1,5 million,so that's how I became a millionaire in year 2000.

OMG farming is so bad ohh. I was 21 yrs old in the year 2000 working as account clerk earning 6000 as a salary

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.