Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (277878 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:00pm On May 17, 2020
dreymania:
thanks very much for your response sir.i didn't apply manure for two reasons, the first is that the land has not been used for planting for over two years and second I didn't know about soaking manure in water for few days would be safe to apply. I got the wet litter from a poultry and I spread it at a portion in the farm for it to decompose.
For the irrigation there's a source of water close(a well) I might just have to employ the manual way of watering. I would post pictures when I can for clarity.
The seeds I got are white in color
Sir if I decide to water with hose how can I do that because I didn't plant my seeds in holes.
first most important part of planting cucumbers is basal application of manure before planting,I don't think there's any shortcut to that,second you don't have to soak already composted manure in water before application, we soaked in water because we got fresh wet manure and we soaked it to decompose more.,for the irrigation part you can put drums at intervals around the farm and find small boys to fill it for you,it is obvious you planted local seeds,what the yield and fruit will look like only time will tell,if you post pics of your land preparation we can better plan how to irrigate it
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by dreymania: 1:38pm On May 17, 2020
This is what the land preparation looks like Having realized my bad of not making a basal application of manure before planting can I still apply the manure tomorrow. I planted on Monday so tomorrow the plants should be a week old all things being equal.
I asked the guy that got me the seed for the variety, what he just said was that that's d same one he got and he had about 5 to 7 big sized fruit per stand.
Thanks for your usual prompt response.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:11pm On May 17, 2020
dreymania:
This is what the land preparation looks like Having realized my bad of not making a basal application of manure before planting can I still apply the manure tomorrow. I planted on Monday so tomorrow the plants should be a week old all things being equal.
I asked the guy that got me the seed for the variety, what he just said was that that's d same one he got and he had about 5 to 7 big sized fruit per stand.
Thanks for your usual prompt response.
you can still apply manure so long it don't touch the young crops,also on the variety issue I think many farmers will simply have no choice but to experiment with different types of seed types because of seed scarcity,we are even considering planting seeds from big ripe cu 999 fruits to see the outcome,
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by dreymania: 2:37pm On May 17, 2020
I would follow keenly as I'd love to know the result. Sir m waiting for an advise for a better irrigation method
I attached a pics of my land
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Intendy: 3:23pm On May 17, 2020
okoroemeka:
you can still apply manure so long it don't touch the young crops,also on the variety issue I think many farmers will simply have no choice but to experiment with different types of seed types because of seed scarcity,we are even considering planting seeds from big ripe cu 999 fruits to see the outcome,

yea, some people plant Cu999 wash seed o. it's called watch here and sold in regular nylon for btw #10k - #12k and it's up to 120 grams sha
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by EPIJOE: 4:36am On May 18, 2020
I'm really enjoying these, pls op for we newbie we have a plot of land to plant cucumber. Can anyone pls explain how to go about it in summary?

God bless
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:37pm On May 18, 2020
By 31st march when we wanted to plant cucumbers on one acre things are not right in the country and throughout the world,there are global health crisis and lockdown rumoured to start the next day,but we went ahead and planted anyway,we gambled that low percentage of farmers will plant that period and that is exactly what happened, despite the fact that partial lockdown is still in place but the market is moving,we have picked first harvest and nothing remained within hours,we will harvest again tomorrow and its already booked,I remembered the arguments on this thread about marketability of veggies during a critical times like this but many forgot one vital law no 1,MAN MUST WACK !!!

5 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 9:45pm On May 18, 2020
Nice one boss... I can see more flowers sprouting out meaning more cukes

Your cukes are really enjoying oo.... See the way they're shining

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:02pm On May 18, 2020
Victornezzar:
Nice one boss... I can see more flowers sprouting out meaning more cukes

Your cukes are really enjoying oo.... See the way they're shining
we are facing staking on another site that is coming up,the ball must be kept rolling by any means necessary, we have two planting options on our new site to be planted next week on what seed to use,it is obvious cu 999 is not even available in thailand ,so we have to choose between marketer/market more and wash wash cu 999,to me I do rather take what I know the outcome will be and prepare for it than plant wash wash that may turn to another thing.

1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Victornezzar: 10:07pm On May 18, 2020
okoroemeka:
we are facing staking on another site that is coming up,the ball must be kept rolling by any means necessary, we have two planting options on our new site to be planted next week on what seed to use,it is obvious cu 999 is not even available in thailand ,so we have to choose between marketer/market more and wash wash cu 999,to me I do rather take what I know the outcome will be and prepare for it than plant wash wash that may turn to another thing.
Nice setup... I can see you didn't use drip on the other one.. How were you able to achieve that with hose shocked shocked shocked shocked

What type of Hose did you use.... Isn't that stressful
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:56pm On May 19, 2020
okoroemeka:
By 31st march when we wanted to plant cucumbers and nothing remained within hours,we will harvest again tomorrow and its already booked,I remembered the arguments on this thread about marketability of veggies during a critical times like this but many forgot one vital law no 1,MAN MUST WACK !!!

Yeah, I remember that argument. Where we were saying people would rather buy staple crops due to the lockdown than go for veggies. I'm sure that fact prevented a lot of veggie farmers from planting.

Thank God the outcome is positive.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okorookwus(m): 10:43pm On May 19, 2020
Sir Okoroemeka... Could you please brief us on the pros and cons of Marketer/Market more?
Thanks.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:37am On May 20, 2020
okorookwus:

Sir Okoroemeka... Could you please brief us on the pros and cons of Marketer/Market more?
Thanks.
I cannot say with authority the features of these two variety,we planted market more once but the farm was destroyed by wrong insecticide application, but from the results I saw before the catastrophe market more is a heavy yielder of medium size cukes of deep greenish colour,but it takes 50+ days to mature,we have not planted marketer before but a friend has,it has a slightly more bigger fruits than market more that has an overall higher yield.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 5:42am On May 20, 2020
okoroemeka:
I cannot say with authority the features of these two variety,we planted market more once but the farm was destroyed by wrong insecticide application, but from the results I saw before the catastrophe market more is a heavy yielder of medium size cukes of deep greenish colour,but it takes 50+ days to mature,we have not planted marketer before but a friend has,it has a slightly more bigger fruits than market more that has an overall higher yield.
How about disease resistance of the marketer?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:50am On May 20, 2020
Mountain of harvested cukes,the major challenge we are facing on this site is the light colour of the fruits,I think soil plays a vital role in the final colour of cu999,but there are other varieties that are always greenish regardless of soil and fertility.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:13am On May 20, 2020
ideepaul:

How about disease resistance of the marketer?
this is an interesting question,we discovered a more effective way of stopping DM by default,due to the fact that we are planting young crops near old crops that is a reservoir of disease and fungal spores that are just spread by wind,so we used a combination of 100 grams zforce and 30 grams saaf fungicides per knapsack and we were able to clear and cure all foliar diseases that came up with strict 7 days application interval,I think such solution will save non hybrid varieties from disease pressure, but for us we are planning to throw in red force or ridomil copper in the mix also,this coming rainy season on a marketer or market more farm will not be a funny challenge,it will be daunting task for a farmer that I am not eager to tackle,but there's few options and the ball must be kept rolling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 6:26am On May 20, 2020
okoroemeka:
this is an interesting question,we discovered a more effective way of stopping DM by default,due to the fact that we are planting young crops near old crops that is a reservoir of disease and fungal spores that are just spread by wind,so we used a combination of 100 grams zforce and 30 grams saaf fungicides per knapsack and we were able to clear and cure all foliar diseases that came up with strict 7 days application interval,I think such solution will save non hybrid varieties from disease pressure, but for us we are planning to throw in red force or ridomil copper in the mix also,this coming rainy season on a marketer or market more farm will not be a funny challenge,it will be daunting task for a farmer that I am not eager to tackle,but there's few options and the ball must be kept rolling.
SAAF is 12% carbendazim, 60% mancozeb and Zforce is 80% mancozeb. I hope the downy in your farm won't build resistance to the mancozeb. I am planning to use cabrio with saaf
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 20, 2020
okoroemeka:
Why not try hybrid varieties from Zwaan or Sakata or East West? These companies seem to perform well in other crops like pepper and watermelon. You need to see their pepper farm performance.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by dreymania: 2:05pm On May 20, 2020
I'd like to credit this progress in my quest of growing cucumbers to Mr. Okoroemeka although I stumbled across this thread very late after making series of mistakes. I read the thread from the beginning to this point and the information dropped has been very helpful.
Have been doing everything possible to rewrite the wrong and its been going smoothly so far.
Cukes are 9days today, it's my first time trying this and it's been fun(especially watering 2plots with hand)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 2:46pm On May 20, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

Why not try hybrid varieties from Zwaan or Sakata or East West? These companies seem to perform well in other crops like pepper and watermelon. You need to see their pepper farm performance.
Cucumber seeds are scarce and expensive seriously. In Uyo, you can only get saira from east West and Nandini cuke seeds no matter how hard you try. The 5g pack are sold @ 3,500 each....most people can't waybill due to the challenges revolving around the interstate lockdown. I called Thai agro and they said seeds are not available for the time being...and I hope you know some zones have their preferred cucumber type if you don't want to face serious marketing challenges
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 2:48pm On May 20, 2020
dreymania:
I'd like to credit this progress in my quest of growing cucumbers to Mr. Okoroemeka although I stumbled across this thread very late after making series of mistakes. I read the thread from the beginning to this point and the information dropped has been very helpful.
Have been doing everything possible to rewrite the wrong and its been going smoothly so far.
Cukes are 9days today, it's my first time trying this and it's been fun(especially watering 2plots with hand)
Wow! Nice one there...
Please make sure your agrochemicals/staking materials are ready o
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:22pm On May 20, 2020
okoroemeka:
Mountain of harvested cukes,the major challenge we are facing on this site is the light colour of the fruits,I think soil plays a vital role in the final colour of cu999,but there are other varieties that are always greenish regardless of soil and fertility.
Nice one. I think that better fertilization will deepen the fruit color.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:28pm On May 20, 2020
ideepaul:

SAAF is 12% carbendazim, 60% mancozeb and Zforce is 80% mancozeb. I hope the downy in your farm won't build resistance to the mancozeb. I am planning to use cabrio with saaf

Here is an important info I came across. But this one is about Downy mildew.

Once it starts, protectant fungicides like mancozeb and captan will not control it. Phosphorus acid in combination with metalaxyl will control it if you start spraying before it starts or 3-4 days after it starts.

Strobilurin is good even when the disease is becoming severe but beware of resistance development (that is, the downy mildew microbes can eventually learn how to survive it). To prevent this, rotate Strobilurin with other fungicides like metalaxyl (combine with mancozeb) hexaconazole (combine with mancozeb) etc.

Metalaxyl combined with Mefonoxam ( Rodomil Gold M2) and Rodomil copper are also effective.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:41pm On May 20, 2020
FarmTech:

Nice one. I think that better fertilization will deepen the fruit color.
yes,better manure fertilization, we will not joke with manure application on our next site
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Oyadorf(m): 9:45am On May 21, 2020
@Mr Okoroemeka I couldn't get Haifa bonus foliar fertilizer but I saw another product with same composition as Haifa bonus. MAXIFORCE , I want to ask if you've used the product before and your recommendation on it.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Intendy: 1:54pm On May 21, 2020
Oyadorf:
@Mr Okoroemeka I couldn't get Haifa bonus foliar fertilizer but I saw another product with same composition as Haifa bonus. MAXIFORCE , I want to ask if you've used the product before and your recommendation on it.

maxiforce is likely good ,same with boostxtra
Oyadorf:

maxiforce is likely good ,same with boostxtra
Oyadorf:

maxiforce is likely good ,same with boostxtra all are 20:20:20 with TE (trace elements) Haifa currently have 13:×:46 . not sure of the phosphorus ratio here

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by KIRIAN30(m): 3:03pm On May 21, 2020
WOW I WANT TO KNOW MORE I AM PLANING TO TRY PLANTING CUCUMBER IN CROSS RIVER ON 2 PLOTS OF LAND USING *SUPERGRO LIQUID FOLIAR FERTILIZER* . MY CONTACT 09075753663
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 7:18pm On May 21, 2020
okoroemeka:
yes,better manure fertilization, we will not joke with manure application on our next site
Do u still have Cameron pepper?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 7:54pm On May 21, 2020
my cucumber plants are 5weeks and 2 days today and I have harvested twice. I mixed manure to the soil before planting and I side dress the plant with manure. I applied npk about 6 days back and I started noticing that my cucumber plant is withering but not all of them tho.
I noticed the one with dark green leaves before npk application is withering and the one with light green leaves before npk application isn't withering.
pls what can be the cause and solution
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:52pm On May 21, 2020
KIRIAN30:
WOW I WANT TO KNOW MORE I AM PLANING TO TRY PLANTING CUCUMBER IN CROSS RIVER ON 2 PLOTS OF LAND USING *SUPERGRO LIQUID FOLIAR FERTILIZER* . MY CONTACT 09075753663
super gro is not a fertilizer,it is a surfactant and adjuvacant specially made to make soil retain water for long period,it makes soil wetter hereby improving the absorption of nutrients by plants,some unscrupulous dealers even recommend it to be used as animal premix and in fish ponds,it is mostly needed during dry season with drip irrigation
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:54pm On May 21, 2020
FarmTech:

Do u still have Cameron pepper?
yes,limited quantity, whatsapp 08119942049
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:59pm On May 21, 2020
aquadude15:
my cucumber plants are 5weeks and 2 days today and I have harvested twice. I mixed manure to the soil before planting and I side dress the plant with manure. I applied npk about 6 days back and I started noticing that my cucumber plant is withering but not all of them tho.
I noticed the one with dark green leaves before npk application is withering and the one with light green leaves before npk application isn't withering.
pls what can be the cause and solution
it is common to see withered and dead plants after applying npk,especially urea,we don't bother anymore we usually expect a mortality of 0.5-1% to fertilizer burns and damage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.