Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List (10280 Views)

The NAME Above All Names / Why Do JEHOVAH WITNESSES Hate Jesus So Much? / YAHUSHUA, THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by brodalokie: 8:17am On Dec 14, 2018
HardMirror:
be specific and stob beating about the bush. I did not talk about climate change anyway.

I said what does your bible say about world energy crisis the solution?

What does the bible prescribe for treating amputees?

Hope you know your useless book never revealed that micro organisms are responsible for diseases? Obviously because it is for illiterates and foools not those who are making real world changes

But it reveals that demons are responsible for diseases. Microorganism is another slang for demon or unclean spirits.
Bro ignorance is bliss. Continue with your enjoyment jor
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by brodalokie: 8:19am On Dec 14, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Exactly what were you expecting it to say about treating amputees?
What exactly are you expecting it to say about world energy solutions?

That is a concern for scientists. If I look close enough I will find their base.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by HardMirror(m): 8:38am On Dec 14, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Exactly what were you expecting it to say about treating amputees?
What exactly are you expecting it to say about world energy solutions?
does it not address all important issues? Energy is top on the list of global issues right now
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 8:48am On Dec 14, 2018
HardMirror:
does it not address all important issues?
Yes, it does

HardMirror:
Energy is top on the list of global issues right now
Wrong, energy is not right now and wont ever be at top on the list of global issues at any time.
Man, is. Sort man out, then watch how whatever energy and global issues there is gets resolved
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by HardMirror(m): 8:52am On Dec 14, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Yes

Wrong, energy is not right now and wont ever be at top on the list of global issues at any time.
Man, is. Sort man out, then watch how whatever energy and global issues there is gets resolved
when i see intelligence i acknowledge it. On this you are right. But i dont agree on the bible having all the answers we need to live. It is so full of contradictions that regardless of the point you want to make, you can justify it with the bible. So it is just a book filled with YES and NO and you are left to twist and interpret as you please then hail it as the supreme book

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 8:56am On Dec 14, 2018
HardMirror:
when i see intelligence i acknowledge it. On this you are right. But i dont agree on the bible having all the answers we need to live. It is so full of contradictions that regardless of the point you want to make, you can justify it with the bible. So it is just a book filled with YES and NO and you are left to twist and interpret as you please then hail it as the supreme book
My brother, is there no merit in the bible?
Does the bible not give succour, hope and assurance?
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by OpenYourEyes1: 9:37am On Dec 14, 2018
brodalokie:

But it reveals that demons are responsible for diseases. Microorganism is another slang for demon or unclean spirits.
Bro ignorance is bliss. Continue with your enjoyment jor

You atheists are funny.

[/b] “And when he that has an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself seven days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean”[/b] Leviticus 15:13

You think God who instructed that didn't know what bacteria were or what he was doing? Imagine if those ancient Jews hadn't listened to the instructions.

Read More:

[/b]'Also the flesh that touches anything unclean shall not be eaten; it shall be burned with fire. As for other flesh, anyone who is clean may eat such flesh. 'But the person who eats the flesh of the sacrifice of peace offerings which belong to the LORD, in his uncleanness, that person shall be cut off from his people. 'When anyone touches anything unclean, whether human uncleanness, or an unclean animal, or any unclean detestable thing, and eats of the flesh of the sacrifice of peace offerings which belong to the LORD, that person shall be cut off from his people. [/b] Leviticus 7:19-2 "

Bible on Quarantine:

Then the LORD spoke to Moses and to Aaron, saying, "When a man has on the skin of his body a swelling or a scab or a bright spot, and it becomes an infection of leprosy on the skin of his body, then he shall be brought to Aaron the priest or to one of his sons the priests. "The priest shall look at the mark on the skin of the body, and if the hair in the infection has turned white and the infection appears to be deeper than the skin of his body, it is an infection of leprosy; when the priest has looked at him, he shall pronounce him unclean. Leviticus 13:1-3

[b]Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing. Now he shall be brought to the priest, and the priest shall go out to the outside of the camp. Thus the priest shall look, and if the infection of leprosy has been healed in the leper, read more https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Hygiene .
then the priest shall give orders to take two live clean birds and cedar wood and a scarlet string and hyssop for the one who is to be cleansed. "The priest shall also give orders to slay the one bird in an earthenware vessel over running water. "As for the live bird, he shall take it together with the cedar wood and the scarlet string and the hyssop, and shall dip them and the live bird in the blood of the bird that was slain over the running water. "He shall then sprinkle seven times the one who is to be cleansed from the leprosy and shall pronounce him clean, and shall let the live bird go free over the open field. "The one to be cleansed shall then wash his clothes and shave off all his hair and bathe in water and be clean Now afterward, he may enter the camp, but he shall stay outside his tent for seven days. [/b] Leviticus 14:1-8
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by OpenYourEyes1: 9:39am On Dec 14, 2018
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by OpenYourEyes1: 9:43am On Dec 14, 2018
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." - Romans 12:2

This sounds like the teaching of scientific research to me which likely transformed Europeans whose forefathers followed the Bible religiously.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by HardMirror(m): 10:07am On Dec 14, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
My brother, is there no merit in the bible?
Does the bible not give succour, hope and assurance?
it does
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 10:51am On Dec 14, 2018
HardMirror:
it does
Thank you for your honesty.
I am intrigued
but why are you by all means necessary,
bent on discrediting the Bible?

Why your so much high charged angst and resentment towards a truthful book such as the Bible is?
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by brodalokie: 10:56am On Dec 14, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:

You atheists are funny.

[/b] “And when he that has an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself seven days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean”[/b] Leviticus 15:13

You think God who instructed that didn't know what bacteria were or what he was doing? Imagine if those ancient Jews hadn't listened to the instructions.

Read More:

[/b]'Also the flesh that touches anything unclean shall not be eaten; it shall be burned with fire. As for other flesh, anyone who is clean may eat such flesh. 'But the person who eats the flesh of the sacrifice of peace offerings which belong to the LORD, in his uncleanness, that person shall be cut off from his people. 'When anyone touches anything unclean, whether human uncleanness, or an unclean animal, or any unclean detestable thing, and eats of the flesh of the sacrifice of peace offerings which belong to the LORD, that person shall be cut off from his people. [/b] Leviticus 7:19-2 "

Bible on Quarantine:

Then the LORD spoke to Moses and to Aaron, saying, "When a man has on the skin of his body a swelling or a scab or a bright spot, and it becomes an infection of leprosy on the skin of his body, then he shall be brought to Aaron the priest or to one of his sons the priests. "The priest shall look at the mark on the skin of the body, and if the hair in the infection has turned white and the infection appears to be deeper than the skin of his body, it is an infection of leprosy; when the priest has looked at him, he shall pronounce him unclean. Leviticus 13:1-3

[b]Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing. Now he shall be brought to the priest, and the priest shall go out to the outside of the camp. Thus the priest shall look, and if the infection of leprosy has been healed in the leper, read more https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Hygiene .
then the priest shall give orders to take two live clean birds and cedar wood and a scarlet string and hyssop for the one who is to be cleansed. "The priest shall also give orders to slay the one bird in an earthenware vessel over running water. "As for the live bird, he shall take it together with the cedar wood and the scarlet string and the hyssop, and shall dip them and the live bird in the blood of the bird that was slain over the running water. "He shall then sprinkle seven times the one who is to be cleansed from the leprosy and shall pronounce him clean, and shall let the live bird go free over the open field. "The one to be cleansed shall then wash his clothes and shave off all his hair and bathe in water and be clean Now afterward, he may enter the camp, but he shall stay outside his tent for seven days. [/b] Leviticus 14:1-8

I am not an atheist o
I don't understand your point though
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by HardMirror(m): 11:05am On Dec 14, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Thank you for your honesty.
I am intrigued
but why are you by all means necessary,
bent on discrediting the Bible?

Why your so much high charged angst and resentment towards a truthful book such as the Bible is?
when you have truths mixed with lies, you have a deadly combination in your hands. The truths makes you accept the lies. It is neccessary to point out that the bible is not what it claims to be just because it has some truths should not make it an authority

1 Like

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by LordReed(m): 11:53am On Dec 14, 2018
brodalokie:

The most reliable reference document you can back on for anything.

Reliable? Yet you contradict it?
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by brodalokie: 12:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
LordReed:

Reliable? Yet you contradict it?

Me? When?
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by LordReed(m): 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
brodalokie:

Me? When?

LoL! Wonderful, now you have amnesia.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2018
HardMirror:
when you have truths mixed with lies, you have a deadly combination in your hands. The truths makes you accept the lies. It is neccessary to point out that the bible is not what it claims to be just because it has some truths should not make it an authority
Please list the lies mixed with truth in the bible
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by HardMirror(m): 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Please list the lies mixed with truth in the bible
lets start with one. Prayers. Lies lies lies. God does not answer prayers in anyway.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by Ochoiho: 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
The only name that can deliver from the hand of Lucifer and his children like the op and those supporting him is the name - Jesus. 'And salvation is in none other, for neither is there another name under heaven which is given among men by which we must be saved.' Acts 4:12

The name have saved me countless time. Give your life to Jesus and the name will work for you like magic.

I remember vividly some 20 years ago I was sleeping alone in my room in the village around 2 am. I felt a presence of a personality standing beside me. He used a hard object on me and my spirit was separating from my body, I was dying. A voice from within me was telling me to shout the name Jesus. I shouted Jesus!!!! and my spirit return and got into my body, I am still alive. This is just one of many of such experiences. Jesus said 'The thief cometh not but to steal, kill and destroy but I came that they might have life and have it more abundantly'. John 10:10

The Op is so obsessed with the name Jesus and Christianity. You'll soon stand before this Jesus- not a lamb on the cross but the Judge of the world. your time is running out.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
HardMirror:
lets start with one.
Prayers. Lies lies lies.
God does not answer prayers in anyway.
God does not answer prayers the way you understand prayers are answered.
Why do you say God doesn't answer prayers anyway.?
Have you never had at least a prayer answered?
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by Uyi168: 2:51pm On Dec 14, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Why do you say God doesn't answer prayers in anyway.
Prayers only work for those things that'll work even in the absence of prayers...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
Uyi168:
..Prayers only work for those things that'll work even in the absence of prayers...
Exactly and almost something close to that.
It is exactly the same way with how requests work on Nairaland.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by brodalokie: 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! Wonderful, now you have amnesia.

Why don't you tell me buddy
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by HardMirror(m): 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Why do you say God doesn't answer prayers anyway.?
i have had fantasies fulfilled had wishes even bad ones come to past. It is called life. Things happen, i can choose to pray to a tree or even my pennis and live a better life than many christians. As for you saying god does not answer prayers the way i expect, that is just the regular excuse for justifying our fooolishness in praying.
I came to realise that god cannot convincingly answer prayers the way we see in the bible. Most things we see are just co incidences that is exactly why god 'heals' malaria but cant do nothing about amputees.

1 Like

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by LordReed(m): 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
brodalokie:

Why don't you tell me buddy

No longer interested in the conversation.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by CAPSLOCKED: 6:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
HardMirror:
i have had fantasies fulfilled had wishes even bad ones come to past. It is called life. Things happen, i can choose to pray to a tree or even my pennis and live a better life than many christians. As for you saying god does not answer prayers the way i expect, that is just the regular excuse for justifying our fooolishness in praying.
I came to realise that god cannot convincingly answer prayers the way we see in the bible. Most things we see are just co incidences that is exactly why god 'heals' malaria but cant do nothing about amputees

I DON'T KNOW WHY IT'S DIFFICULT FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THIS.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by HardMirror(m): 7:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I DON'T KNOW WHY IT'S DIFFICULT FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THIS.
i wonder how any christian is living a better life than us that dont pray?
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by CAPSLOCKED: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
HardMirror:
i wonder how any christian is living a better life than us that dont pray?

ONE THING I REALIZED AS A CHILD IS THAT PRAYING TO A FRUIT, A STICK, OR NOT PRAYING AT ALL YIELDS THE SAME RESULTS.

IF PRAYERS WORKED, AMBULANCES WOULD BE HEADING TO CHURCHES INSTEAD OF HOSPITALS.

IF PRAYERS WORKED, PASTORS WOULD HEAL AMPUTEES AND CANCER PATIENTS, THE SAME WAY THEY HEAL MALARIA AND CHEST PAINS.

PRAYERS DO NOTHING FOR DECAPITATED, DISMEMBERED OR DISEMBOWELLED BODIES. PRAYERS DO NOTHING FOR 4TH OR 6TH DEGREE BURNS. PRAYERS DO NOTHING FOR LEUKEMIA.
FAITH HEALERS KNOW THIS SO THEY NEVER PRAY FOR SUCH VICTIMS, AND TRY TO GET MEDICAL HELP WHENEVER THERE ARE CASES LIKE THAT. THEIR MIRACLE WORKING GOD ONLY GETS TO ACTION WHEN THE CASE IS ABOUT TYPHOID OR MISSING PASSPORT, OR MARINE WIFE OR SNAKE HUSBAND.

MuttleyLaff:

You've admitted God heals malaria,
why shy from admitting what God, in the garden of Gethsemane, did about an amputee

BLA, BLA, BLA. FORGET BIBLE STORIES. IF HE HEALED BOTH MALARIA AND AMPUTEE IN YOUR STORY BOOK, WHY TODAY CAN HE HEAL MALARIA BUT CANNOT DO THE SAME FOR AMPUTEE? SUDDENLY HE LOST HIS POWER?

JUST ONE AMPUTEE.. THERE WILL NO LONGER BE MUSLIMS, HINDUS, OR NON BELIEVERS.
JUST ONE AMPUTEE, AND WE'LL ALL BE CHRISTIANS.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
HardMirror:
i have had fantasies fulfilled
had wishes even bad ones come to past.
It is called life.
There is more to life than fantasies and bad wishes

HardMirror:
Things happen,
i can choose to pray to a tree or even my pennis
and live a better life than many christians.
You're increasingly reasoning like a principality of darkness
but then, things happen when I pray to God

Incidentally and funnily enough, things also do happen when I choose praying to my pennis too
and I live a better life than many christians.

Let me assuage you, if more christians read their bibles there'd be less christians.

HardMirror:
As for you saying god does not answer prayers the way i expect...
The reality is, God does not answer prayers the way you always anticipate and/or the way we mostly expect

HardMirror:
... that is just the regular excuse for justifying our fooolishness in praying.
Here is an example of fooolishness in praying:
Operator, give me the number for 911 to dial

HardMirror:
I came to realise that God cannot convincingly answer prayers the way we see in the bible.
If the only prayer you say is: Thank you Lord.
Gratitude.
That in itself alone, is one of the only prayers you need do

1/ How do you mean God cannot convincingly answer prayers the way we see in the bible?
2/ Do you accept and agree that you have a shallow understanding and dim way of seeing prayers in the bible?
3/ What are examples of and the differences between fantasies, wishes and prayers?

HardMirror:
Most things we see are just coincidences
You dont know momoh

HardMirror:
that is exactly why God 'heals' malaria
but cant do nothing about amputees.
Why cant you go the whole hog?
why shy from admitting what God, in the garden of Gethsemane, did about an amputee

God heals malaria etcetera in accordance with rules.
After the garden of Gethsemane time, whatever that needs to be done about other amputees,
that miracle will be done, also following and in accordance with rules.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
ONE THING I REALIZED AS A CHILD IS THAT PRAYING TO A FRUIT, A STICK, OR NOT PRAYING AT ALL YIELDS THE SAME RESULTS.

IF PRAYERS WORKED, AMBULANCES WOULD BE HEADING TO CHURCHES INSTEAD OF HOSPITALS.

IF PRAYERS WORKED, PASTORS WOULD HEAL AMPUTEES AND CANCER PATIENTS, THE SAME WAY THEY HEAL MALARIA AND CHEST PAINS.

PRAYERS DO NOTHING FOR DECAPITATED, DISMEMBERED OR DISEMBOWELLED BODIES.
PRAYERS DO NOTHING FOR 4TH OR 6TH DEGREE BURNS. PRAYERS DO NOTHING FOR LEUKEMIA.
FAITH HEALERS KNOW THIS SO THEY NEVER PRAY FOR SUCH VICTIMS,
AND TRY TO GET MEDICAL HELP WHENEVER THERE ARE CASES LIKE THAT.
THEIR MIRACLE WORKING GOD ONLY GETS TO ACTION WHEN THE CASE IS ABOUT TYPHOID OR MISSING PASSPORT, OR MARINE WIFE OR SNAKE HUSBAND.
Will you please quit yelling
and stop writing like you're kind of bloodthirsty

CAPSLOCKED:
BLA, BLA, BLA. FORGET BIBLE STORIES.
IF HE HEALED BOTH MALARIA AND AMPUTEE IN YOUR STORY BOOK,
WHY TODAY CAN HE HEAL MALARIA BUT CANNOT DO THE SAME FOR AMPUTEE?
SUDDENLY HE LOST HIS POWER?

JUST ONE AMPUTEE.. THERE WILL NO LONGER BE MUSLIMS, HINDUS, OR NON BELIEVERS.
JUST ONE AMPUTEE, AND WE'LL ALL BE CHRISTIANS.
11. Don't create distracting posts with:
ALL WORDS BOLD / huge font sizes / ALL CAPS / distracting imagesspaces, etc.

Did you miss reading the above rule 11 in the memo?

Another memo, you missed reading,
is that, the ball is in your court, and stop holding the game up, standing there with the ball in your hands.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by HardMirror(m): 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Incidentally and funnily enough, things also do happen when I choose praying to my pennis too

Let me assuage you, if more christians read their bibles there'd be less christians.

The reality is, God does not answer prayers the way you always anticipate and/or the way we mostly expect

Gratitude.

1/ How do you mean God cannot convincingly answer prayers the way we see in the bible?
2/ Do you accept and agree that you have a shallow understanding and dim way of seeing prayers in the bible?
3/ What are examples of and the differences between fantasies, wishes and prayers?

You dont know momoh

After the garden of Gethsemane time, whatever that needs to be done about other amputees,

replying you would be a waste. As wasteful and useless as praying. Prayers dont work that is why you guys have so much excuses for it. There is no right way to pray or wrong. You think if there was an absolutely right way to pray, people wont know it and follow it? Prayer if it worked would have solved a lot of issues. Millions of christians cant afford hospital bills but they are there sick and dying everyday, praying and god never answers them (cos he is not real) but we give excuses for this god when he does nothing and because this excuses are the norm, it makes these foools unable to see where the problem lies hence the circle of idiocy continues. Occasionally one or two people realise the scam and they wake up. I just laugh at the efforts you people make in twisting and turning to justify your useless belief.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by HardMirror(m): 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Gratitude.

You dont know momoh

by the way i did not admit god heals malaria. That statement is in the context of the testimonies christians give. They dont come giving testimonies of how they were amputated and the limb grew back. It is always ambiguous unverifiable healings. Same with those who claim to be raised from the dead. I am waiting for those crushed by a trailer or beheaded to also raise from the dead. Read the bible and see how sweet they make the miracles. If nigeria were to be in the bible as a story, the story would have been on how god of Oledepo made fire to fall from heaven and consume all boko haram fighters. Lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? / As A Christian, How Often Do You Pray? / Christ Holy Church Aka Odozi-obodo: Share Your Experience Or Views

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.