Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,632 members, 7,827,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List (10276 Views)

The NAME Above All Names / Why Do JEHOVAH WITNESSES Hate Jesus So Much? / YAHUSHUA, THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by Eponymous: 8:27am On Dec 15, 2018
HardMirror:

Nope. I am just being frank here.
Hardmirror, If I remember correctly, you once said had experienced word of knowledge via the Holy Ghost. How do you explain that without reference to him.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 8:56am On Dec 15, 2018
HardMirror:
so god created that device?
Did God create the toothpick, wooden bed, chair and table? SMH.
What are you on?
Do you at all understand the question that Ranchhoddas asked and how that response was put forward
Or are you just plainly eaten up with jealousy?

HardMirror:
Lol!!!!
Enjoy the laugh at your own expense. The joke is on you
Just remember that he who laughs last, laughs best.

HardMirror:
Now you are turning to a clown
and you are slow on the uptake

CAPSLOCKED:
I SHOOK MY HEAD WHEN I SAW WHAT HE SAID. THESE GUYS DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING
Everyone can see that you are headstrong and set in your way

HardMirror:
very dishonest people
Why not repeat verbatim what Ranchhoddas asked and placed my response verbatim underneath it, and let the readers judge who is dishonest, jealous and blinded with prejudice

Your problems and main challenge CAPSLOCKED and HardMirror is information overload

You both dont understand what, the below remarks means:
it's like the man standing tanda by a tree, and just waiting hopefully for a toothpick, wooden bed, chair and table to pop out,
and that the ball is in your court, and stop holding the game up, standing there with the ball in your hands.

Let me bring the bar down a bit for both you CAPSLOCKED and HardMirror .
I've earlier asked Ranchhoddas but hey here is extending again to you
What are your examples of
and the differences between miracles, fantasies, wishes and prayers
?
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by Ranchhoddas: 9:25am On Dec 15, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
To untrained eyes they look like contradictions
I did not know that I needed training to spot contradictions. I find the dictionary definition of the word to be sufficient.

How do you mean "You mean everything-is-a-miracle talk."
What wasnt he talking about?
I am sorry, if I dont seem to follow or understand your comment
I mean that you called everything including medical advances miracles even when you know that's not what we mean. Jesus did not give anybody pharmaceuticals. He only had to speak or lay hands. There were no rules.

Meanwhile Ranchhoddas, what's your examples of and the differences between miracles, fantasies, wishes and prayers?
Miracles: A 40year old man lame from birth suddenly stands up and walks upright after a simple prayer by a visiting evangelist.

Fantasies: I agree with Merriam-Webster

Wishes: Same as above

Prayer: Entreating a higher power.

Ranch, the bible is not in competition with other religious books
The proof of the bible pudding is in the eating
How come it tastes very differently to different people?

Try this for another size.
The Bible has lasting answers, for all the ills of this world and problems man face.
What is the Bible's solution to world hunger?

How would you prevent the next Fukushima or Chernobyl using the Bible?
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 9:33am On Dec 15, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
I did not know that I needed training to spot contradictions. I find the dictionary definition of the word to be sufficient.

I mean that you called everything including medical advances miracles even when you know that's not what we mean. Jesus did not give anybody pharmaceuticals. He only had to speak or lay hands. There were no rules.

Miracles: A 40year old man lame from birth suddenly stands up and walks upright after a simple prayer by a visiting evangelist.

brb asap to your half hearted and half completed reply
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by Ranchhoddas: 9:38am On Dec 15, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
brb asap to your half hearted and half completed reply
What is halfhearted about this?

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 9:50am On Dec 15, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
What is halfhearted about this?
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
Chief, please I am on the road driving.
Abeggy no make me swerve into the kerb nau.
This your gif na kelele. LOL

You know what "half hearted & half completed" I am talking about
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by brodalokie: 10:10am On Dec 15, 2018
Ranchhoddas:

Moses encouraged the production of the food with fertiliser theoretically when he produced food or manna in the wilderness. It was so much that they had left overs. The local or pagan politics will tell you that they are not matured enough for consumption. I have lived in a country that provides such resources to their citizens yet they are living longer than us here.
Allergorically a fukushima bomb could be a form of austerity and poverty were people would have no food and shelter. That is what war fetches people. Living with the fear of God and respect for human lives and property can not reproduce a Fukushima type situation.
A Jesus type of miracle is still very possible in today's world. I have been struck by lightning once and then I have seen people who have the ability to read my thoughts and I thought if that is possible then the Jesus type of miracle is also possible.
Lastly, the gifts and calling of God is without repentance. Pagans also have spiritual gifts as much as Christians. It is a gift
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by Ranchhoddas: 10:43am On Dec 15, 2018
brodalokie:

Moses encouraged the production of the food with fertiliser theoretically when he produced food or manna in the wilderness. It was so much that they had left overs. The local or pagan politics will tell you that they are not matured enough for consumption. I have lived in a country that provides such resources to their citizens yet they are living longer than us here.
Is this a satirical post or something? How do we apply it in say, Nigeria?
Allergorically a fukushima bomb could be a form of austerity and poverty were people would have no food and shelter. That is what war fetches people. Living with the fear of God and respect for human lives and property can not reproduce a Fukushima type situation.
I said Fukushima, not Hiroshima.
A Jesus type of miracle is still very possible in today's world. I have been struck by lightning once
If you stay on a pole in stormy weather, chances are you will be struck by lightening. I don't get the point here.
and then I have seen people who have the ability to read my thoughts and I thought if that is possible then the Jesus type of miracle is also possible.
Lastly, the gifts and calling of God is without repentance. Pagans also have spiritual gifts as much as Christians. It is a gift
I did not say it wasn't possible?
Where did you see someone who could read your thoughts?
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by HardMirror(m): 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
What are you on?
Do you at all understand the question that Ranchhoddas asked and how that response was put forward

Why not repeat verbatim what Ranchhoddas asked and placed by response verbatim underneath it, and let the readers judge who is dishonest, jealous and blinded with prejudice

Your problems and main challenge CAPSLOCKED and HardMirror is information overload

it's like the man standing tanda by a tree, and just waiting hopefully for a toothpick, wooden bed, chair and table to pop out,
and that the ball is in your court, and stop holding the game up, standing there with the ball in your hands.

?
so god is actually useless. Afterall we solve our own problems. Thanks for the clarification
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
HardMirror:
so god is actually useless.
You have a funny way with weak arguments
and how you arrive at wrong conclusions with them.

HardMirror:
Afterall we solve our own problems.
Thanks for the clarification
Where do you think the help to resolve the problems comes from?

At least, you are slowly and inadvertently catching on,
that the solution is already out there
in the seed or tree, as it were
and it's up to you to find out how to solve the problem(s)

LOL. With the greatest respects,
you don't cease to crack me up in bits with laughter.
I am doing the Muttley laugh impression to no ends.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by brodalokie: 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Is this a satirical post or something? How do we apply it in say, Nigeria?
I said Fukushima, not Hiroshima.
If you stay on a pole in stormy weather, chances are you will be struck by lightening. I don't get the point here. I did not say it wasn't possible?
Where did you see someone who could read your thoughts?

Sorry bro the lightening struck me right on top my bed. The first one happened in another house very close to my leg while trying to get my generator on open ground started but this happened inside my room and it hit me twice on the chest with a speed of light. At first I thought it could be an infrared drone unto the roof of my house but then after seeing other wonders like my thoughts getting read at random and uninvited I concluded that it was a pure paranormal activity aka witchcraft.
Let me tell you another secret, in Nigeria we have food resources but they are playing politics with it. When you go to the market you see people buying food stuffs, the trader still take some home and return the next day to sell them off. It is always available fresh or preserved.
It is a war. Have you not heard of IDP camps? Where are they? Do you not see people going to to become refugees in overseas countries, why don't they go to our IDP camps? Also we have rich people who could adopt some of the children in the camps and train them well, but why do they like to give them out to trafficking or labor? Did you know that in advanced countries it is not by force to work and that they are entitled to weekly benefits?
Why is it difficult to be like that in Nigeria? We are royally screwed in Nigeria. The ruling classes and their bearers are setting us up against each other for sport and trophies. It is tribunal of gladiators. We need to instill the fear of God into the upper class before they chew us all like meat burgers
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by knowyaself2(m): 2:42pm On Dec 15, 2018
TruthinAction:

You are suffering from ignorance. Jesus is the King like David and he will sit on the throne of David as foretold by the Prophets and the angel. The truth is that the prophecies did not see the Church age. The church age is the mystery that was hidden in ages. As soon as God is through with Church, the prophecy of Jesus sitting on the throne of David will be fulfilled. This is the Millennium Reign of Christ on earth that will happen when Christ comes back.

Jesus is the Saviour of the world. He is the only one known in history to have died and rose again. The death and resurretion of Christ is proof positive that he is indeed the Messiah. And he died the exact year predicted by prophet Daniel. He was born of a virgin as predicted by prophet Isaiah. There are hundreds of prophecies fulfilled in Christ alone. So please, get rid of your bias thinking and embrace the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

wake up brother. your Jesus has been fairly proved to have existed only in the pages of the Bible. no authentic secular history accounted for his life on earth. not because historians weren't interested in recording it, but simply because there was none to record. he didn't exist at any point in time. I'm afraid you have been lied to all along.
I know it scares the shit outta you to embrace the truth, having built your whole life around this falsehood, but the earlier you accept reality the better for you.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by TruthinAction: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
knowyaself2:

wake up brother. your Jesus has been fairly proved to have existed only in the pages of the Bible. no authentic secular history accounted for his life on earth. not because historians weren't interested in recording it, but simply because there was none to record. he didn't exist at any point in time. I'm afraid you have been lied to all along.
I know it scares the shit outta you to embrace the truth, having built your whole life around this falsehood, but the earlier you accept reality the better for you.

There is no history without Christ. The most popular calendar in use today is with reference to Jesus and you say the world has no record of Jesus. You are from the pit of hell. I feel sorry for you the day you will stand to be judged by Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by HardMirror(m): 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2018
Eponymous:

Hardmirror, If I remember correctly, you once said had experienced word of knowledge via the Holy Ghost. How do you explain that without reference to him.
it is all a function of my mind. That is why i am not always right.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by knowyaself2(m): 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2018
TruthinAction:

There is no history without Christ. The most popular calendar in use today is with reference to Jesus and you say the world has no record of Jesus. You are from the pit of hell. I feel sorry for you the day you will stand to be judged by Jesus.
go and study my brother, and stop making baseless claims. your soul can still be saved by the knowledge and power of the mind and soul. wake up
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by knowyaself2(m): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
TruthinAction:

you can start with this:
https://www.nairaland.com/2588522/christs-existence-not-substantiated-historical

the above link is a thought starter; an eye opener. keep an open mind while reading. no one has ever gone to hell fire by acquiring knowledge, trust me.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 7:37pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
I did not know that I needed training to spot contradictions.
I find the dictionary definition of the word to be sufficient.
Chief, please dont make it a habit of doing a strawman like this.

HardMirror said:
"yes the bible is actually special. It was able to blend all sorts of contradictions successfully."

At which, I responded that:
"To untrained eyes they look like contradictions"

No one talked about spotting contradictions, no one talked about needing training for spotting contradictions

Ranchhoddas:
I mean that you called everything including medical advances miracles
even when you know that's not what we mean.
Ranchhoddas, please get a grip of yourself.
I have never blanket called, everything, including medical advances, sic, to be miracles.

I havent even started yet, talking about miracles.
There is more and quite a lot, to know about miracles
I was hoping asking you about "miracles, fantasies, wishes and prayers" will make you think deeply about each and all of them

Ranchhoddas:
Jesus did not give anybody pharmaceuticals.
He only had to speak or lay hands.
Give me reason(s) why should Jesus give anybody pharmaceutical?

Yes, it is true Jesus only had to speak or lay hands
but do you agree and accept that, it also is true, that there is a time and place for everything

Do you also accept and agree that there is an exception to every rule?
Ranchhoddas, we cant escape rules, rules are out there, we know about the rules but Jesus knows the exceptions.

Ranchhoddas:
There were no rules.
There were rules.
There always are rules Ranchhoddas.
Understanding is an art.
You see through understanding you get to learn about life and the secrets of life.
Improve your understanding of small things Ranchhoddas, like rules, for example,

When you look after the pennies, then the pounds will begin looking after themselves.
It's always understanding the small pieces that makes one see the big picture

Ranchhoddas:

This is a bunch of myopic lazy answers and/or pathetic replies.
What does " I agree with Merriam-Webster" or "Same as above" convey

Why not rate these replies, if you dont think it is a sorry ass, half hearted and half completed reply
Give it a score out of 10, where 1 is minimum and 10 is maximum

Ranchhoddas:
The bible tasting very differently to different people is not peculiar to the bible alone Ranchhoddas.

It doesnt remove the fact and truth that the bible tastes, sweeter than honey in the mouth.

Ranchhoddas:
World hunger?
World hunger is your top priority, your major concern is world hunger, right?

Ranchhoddas:
Dont shake this table asking me, such a question as this
because you know what my reply will be
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by Ranchhoddas: 9:50pm On Dec 15, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Chief, please dont make it a habit of doing a strawman like this.

HardMirror said:
"yes the bible is actually special. It was able to blend all sorts of contradictions successfully."

At which, I responded that:
"To untrained eyes they look like contradictions"

No one talked about spotting contradictions, no one talked about needing training for spotting contradictions
I'm confused but yep, let me pretend I understand what you are talking about.

Ranchhoddas, please get a grip of yourself.
I have never blanket called, everything, including medical advances, sic, to be miracles.
So what did you say? Tell me in very clear and concise terms so I don't misquote you some other time.

I havent even started yet, talking about miracles.
There is more and quite a lot, to know about miracles
Do tell
I was hoping asking you about "miracles, fantasies, wishes and prayers" will make you think deeply about each and all of them
Think deeply how? Bros I no understand you again.

Give me reason(s) why should Jesus give anybody pharmaceutical?
The medical devices in your picture is the product of science like a pharmaceutical. If Christ will not use drugs, why did you put it up? Would Christ have needed such a device?

Yes, it is true Jesus only had to speak or lay hands
but do you agree and accept that, it also is true, that there is a time and place for everything
If there is a time and place then it won't be a miracle.

Do you also accept and agree that there is an exception to every rule?
Ranchhoddas, we cant escape rules, rules are out there, we know about the rules but Jesus knows the exceptions.
You have so far failed to say what these rules are. So for the umpteenth time I'll ask; what are these rules?

There were rules.
There always are rules Ranchhoddas.
Understanding is an art.
You see through understanding you get to learn about life and the secrets of life.
Improve your understanding of small things Ranchhoddas, like rules, for example,

When you look after the pennies, then the pounds will begin looking after themselves.
More vagueness? What are these rules you continually speak of? Oh God.
It's always understanding the small pieces that makes one see the big picture
What pieces? Do you have a PhD in vagueness?

This is a bunch of myopic lazy answers and/or pathetic replies.
What does " I agree with Merriam-Webster" or "Same as above" convey
My thoughts on the matter

Why not rate these replies, if you dont think it is a sorry ass, half hearted and half completed reply
Give it a score out of 10, where 1 is minimum and 10 is maximum
They are not halfhearted. Perhaps you should rephrase your queries

The bible tasting very differently to different people is not peculiar to the bible alone Ranchhoddas.
This would not have been a problem but for the fact that people like to confer Divinity upon it

It doesnt remove the fact and truth that the bibleq tastes, sweeter than honey in the mouth.
This deserves a meme. When last did you eat honey?

World hunger?
World hunger is your top priority, your major concern is world hunger, right?
It's not my priority but it's a problem? Do you like the fact people are starving. I'll end it if I could.

Dont shake this table asking me, such a question as this
because you know what my reply will be
I assure you I don't know.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 4:48am On Dec 16, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
I'm confused but yep, let me pretend I understand what you are talking about.
Buyer beware.
That is what strawman mining does to people

Ranchhoddas:
So what did you say?
Tell me in very clear and concise terms so I don't misquote you some other time.
To start with there are no contradictions
so the matter of you saying "I did not know that I needed training to spot contradictions" is not germane

Now about the "So what did you say?" question
Do you at all remember how you constructed the question you asked
and how I responded to it?
Never mind, as I'll reproduce here again as a reminder
"What are these rules.
Have you ever witnessed the healing of amputees or any form of restorative/creative healing following these rules?
"

My reply is next below and was followed with one, out of as many other weblinks, that can substantiate it:
"We are light years away from witnessing the healing of amputees
however some semblances of restorative/creative healing following these rules are slowly but surely emerging
"

Now what is so hard to understand or so easy to twist in that reply?

Ranchhoddas:
Do tell
Think deeply how? Bros I no understand you again.
Think deeply about the nuances

Ranchhoddas:
The medical devices in your picture is the product of science like a pharmaceutical.
If Christ will not use drugs, why did you put it up?
Did Christ command not to use drugs?

Ranchhoddas:
Would Christ have needed such a device?
Knowing Christ's modus operandi, He probably wont need such a device, so what's your point here with this remark now?

Ranchhoddas:
If there is a time and place then it won't be a miracle.
There is a time and place when a miracle stops being seen as a miracle

Ranchhoddas:
You have so far failed to say what these rules are.
You have so far failed to admit that our ecosystem exists without in accordance to all sorts of rules

Ranchhoddas:
So for the umpteenth time I'll ask; what are these rules?
For realisation of what one of the rules might be,
try jumping off a high rise building without a parachute

Ranchhoddas:
More vagueness?
Vagueness is an indication of nearness to a perfect truth

Ranchhoddas:
What are these rules you continually speak of?
The rules are part of the laws of nature Ranchhoddas.

Ranchhoddas, look around you, would you honestly say we are existing in this ecosystem without them?
Is the sun hanging up there without in accordance to any specific rule?
What do you think your sperm is swimmingly doing when you pour, if not that they are following certain rules?

C'mon now there are laws of nature, set-up rules, order, processes and procedures in the scheme of things
If not, why isnt the sky collapsing or caving in on us, for example?

Ranchhoddas:
Oh God.
What pieces?
Pieces like, looking after the pennies, then the pounds will begin looking after themselves.
It's always understanding the small pieces, like, aspect about rules spelling out how things work etcetera, on earth,
that makes one face palm see the big picture that everything is governed by rules and in accordance to them

Ranchhoddas:
Do you have a PhD in vagueness?
Nothing valuable in life comes on a silver platter Ranchhoddas

You know nau, that people need to dive, for precious gems, like pearls for example, dont you?
You do agree that people need to dig, for precious ores, like copper, nickel, silver, gold for example, dont you?
You do accept that people need to burrow and drill for fossil fuels, like coal, oil and natural gas for example, dont you?

Ranchhoddas:
My thoughts on the matter?
Well, you limited it
and incidentally the brain behaves as a muscle.

Ranchhoddas:
They are not halfhearted.
Perhaps you should rephrase your queries
In your own words and including or covering everything, what is miracle, fantasy, wish and prayer?

You saying: "Prayer: Entreating a higher power."
does not include or cover everything
because my friends arent necessarily a higher power when/if I tell any something or ask any to do something for me.

Ranchhoddas:
This would not have been a problem but for the fact that people like to confer Divinity upon it
Divinity is, in and out the bible
so people rightly confering Divinity upon the bible is not a problem.

Ranchhoddas:
This deserves a meme.
No! One is enough.
Had enough for the day, of that cross-eyed siamese cat meme.

Ranchhoddas:
When last did you eat honey?
Not lately,
and that's because I havent been able to easily get my hands on authentic organic ones

Ranchhoddas:
It's not my priority but it's a problem?
It's a symptom of a bigger problem Ranchhoddas - Man

Ranchhoddas:
Do you like the fact people are starving.
No I dont

Ranchhoddas:
I'll end it if I could.
You can alleviate it, if you would
but you cant end starvation, even if you try.
"Whenever cannibals are on the brink of starvation, Heaven, in its infinite mercy, sends them a fat missionary” is an Oscar Wilde morbid humour

Ranchhoddas:
I assure you I don't know.
Inasmuch we still exist in this imperfect world and with imperfect people about, the next Fukushima or Chernobyl will happen tomorrow

The below simple "mantra" can prevent it
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial.
Everything is permissible, but not everything is edifying
"
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by akeensbussy(m): 8:53am On Dec 16, 2018
Truly, Religion is a scam

1 Like

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by HardMirror(m): 10:20am On Dec 16, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
What are you on?

Why not repeat verbatim what Ranchhoddas asked and placed my response verbatim underneath it, and let the readers judge who is dishonest, jealous and blinded with prejudice

?
back to the OP, dispute what i wrote in the op. Is Jesus name not useless?
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 11:51am On Dec 16, 2018
HardMirror:
Hardmirror you must be mad and stvpid!

Nope. I am just being frank here.

Watched a video on a friend's phone, in the Video, pastor Chris was teaching on the power in the name of Jesus.
He demontrated with members of his church asking two volunteers to step forward.
He asked the woman to shout the name jesus and command the other volunteer (a man) to fall and not be able to stand up.
Guess what happened?.... oh you where expecting a spoiler there? Hehehe, trust me, no spoilers with pastor chris.
The man fell and could not rise up again. All because he was commanded using the name 'Jesus' to cripple him.
Then he was released from the bondage, ... of cause not in hardmirror's name. But in the name of Jesus.

The church went mad and wild with excitement. (mad people)
Then using the name jesus pastor chis made hundreds of people fall at once by just throwing a handkerchief at them.
Of cause he had to first fortify the handkerchief with the name of jesus. #*winks*

I have seen videos of benny hinn (ironically pastor chris' friend) do the same thing.

When i was a christian, benny hinn fascinated me above any other god of men.
Benny hinn can make the whole congregation fall with just a swope of his hands or with a little blow to the microphone. *mass hysteria is real*

The name of Jesus is useful for snake oil sales men called pastors, but never useful in solving any real life problem.
After all the stunts people are willing to give their saving up but they all go back to the regular life anyone lives, even those that worship nothing.

How many people have died in accidents whiles shouting Jesus? Millions for sure.

What a useless name

I concur completely with all you wrote
except with the part where you remarked that the name of Jesus is useless

"Jesus So Powerful, So Useless" is a dichotomy
Saying about Jesus, that it is "The Name Above All Names On Useless List" is characterised by bitterness and/or disgruntlement

What were you expecting to happen shouting Jesus in unfolding road accidents?

Let's turn this on its head
How many people have not died in accidents when shouting Jesus? Millions for sure

HardMirror:
back to the OP, dispute what i wrote in the op.
Its a truthful post with not much to disagree in it except when it got to the end

HardMirror:
Is Jesus name not useless?
No
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by HardMirror(m): 12:08pm On Dec 16, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

I concur completely with all you wrote
except with the part where you remarked that the name of Jesus is useless

"Jesus So Powerful, So Useless" is a dichotomy
Saying about Jesus, that it is "The Name Above All Names On Useless List" is characterised by bitterness and/or disgruntlement

What were you expecting to happen shouting Jesus in unfolding road accidents?

Let's turn this on its head
How many people have not died in accidents when shouting Jesus? Millions for sure

Its a truthful post with not much to disagree in it except when it got to the end

No
this is why i still respect your opinions. U try to be reasonable but you are still very dogmatic. Lets us also spin it around. How many people have survived accident not shouting Jesus!. Millions i am sure. So what makes the name of jesus powerful?

1 Like

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by LordReed(m): 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

I thought this was Wrestlemania I was seeing. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 12:48pm On Dec 16, 2018
HardMirror:
this is why i still respect your opinions.
U try to be reasonable but you are still very dogmatic.
On the contrary
Put it this way, eye wey dey cry, dey see road

HardMirror:
Lets us also spin it around.
How many people have survived accident not shouting Jesus!.
Millions i am sure
I agree, many people, millions, have survived accident not shouting Jesus
and I am sure you would accept that there always is a time and place for everything.
Whatever would help in a time for self-preservation like that please do
Even you would shout or under your breath, quietly say, please save me God

HardMirror:
So what makes the name of Jesus powerful?
"Ọmọde, o mo ogun, o npe lẹfọ"
Loosely means, mistake jazz for salad, underestimate the real deal, at your own peril

What makes the name of Jesus powerful is because it is the name above all names.
Not even God's own name is not enough to save man.

LordReed:
I thought this was Wrestlemania I was seeing. LMFAO!
You are seeing a disgustingly misuse and abuse of power
Well give a dog a bad name and it will live up to it
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by Ranchhoddas: 12:54pm On Dec 16, 2018
Oh MuttleyLaff!!!

I give up.

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by TruthinAction: 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2018
knowyaself2:

you can start with this:
https://www.nairaland.com/2588522/christs-existence-not-substantiated-historical

the above link is a thought starter; an eye opener. keep an open mind while reading. no one has ever gone to hell fire by acquiring knowledge, trust me.

You will be shocked the day you see yourself there. And it will be too late. All you will do then is to curse God because the pain is really unbearable.
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Oh MuttleyLaff!!!
I give up.
Ranchhoddas what comes easy won't last,
and what lasts won't come easy, so I understand.

I also must say, I love your calmness, decorum and honesty demonstrated so far on the discussions we've so far had on this thread
Discussions are always better than trading arguments.

Our paths, surely will cross again
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by TruthinAction: 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
knowyaself2:

go and study my brother, and stop making baseless claims. your soul can still be saved by the knowledge and power of the mind and soul. wake up

This one has been blinded by Satan. I pray for your deliverance before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by HardMirror(m): 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
On the contrary
Put it this way, eye wey dey cry, dey see road

I agree, many people, millions, have survived accident not shouting Jesus
and I am sure you would accept that there always is a time and place for everything.
Whatever would help in a time for self-preservation like that please do
Even you would shout or under your breath, quietly say, please save me God

"Ọmọde, o mo ogun, o npe lẹfọ"
Loosely means, mistake jazz for salad, underestimate the real deal, at your own peril

What makes the name of Jesus powerful is because it is the name above all names.
Not even God's own name is not enough to save man.

You are seeing a disgustingly misuse and abuse of power
Well give a dog a bad name and it will live up to it
you are wrong about me. I have had 2 serious accidents as an atheist. I did not think about god or talkless of calling god. Dont assume you know people. I know it is had for u guys to believe but god is totally none existant for me now. It is as good as a dog or tree to me
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by MuttleyLaff: 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2018
HardMirror:
you are wrong about me.
I have had 2 serious accidents as an atheist.
I did not think about god or talkless of calling god.
Dont assume you know people.
I am right about you that your poo is soft, that is why you didnt think about God or talkless of calling God

I know you assume you're a big man
but dont you know that having a big mouth doesnt make you a big man.

HardMirror:
I know it is had for u guys to believe but god is totally none existant for me now.
It is as good as a dog or tree to me
That's the irony,
it actually is very easy for me to understand and believe that God is totally non-existent for you, and especially now

A little pepper burns a big man's mouth
Let's wait, until when you're caught in between a rock and hard place situation
then you'll be prancing and singing like a canary, telling all you know about God
Re: Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List by knowyaself2(m): 2:26pm On Dec 16, 2018
TruthinAction:

You will be shocked the day you see yourself there. And it will be too late. All you will do then is to curse God because the pain is really unbearable.
lol... you amuse me. you are hopelessly deluded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Plagiarism In The Bible? / What Is Meant By "the Permissive Will Of God". / As A Christian, How Often Do You Pray?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.