Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,185 members, 7,815,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? (1882 Views)

Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? / Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? / 10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:56pm On Feb 14
Michael547:

Lol....no mind the guy😁😁
If he realized that all you guys are JWs he won't even comment on the thread in the first place! smiley
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 11:21pm On Feb 14
Mayntheemaynn:

you are quoting jewish books, ask the jews themselves.
again, it is not to be taken literal, the verse in isiah says sheol, that is grave.

jesus was telling his JEWISH AUDIENCE about GEHENNA.

think very well, spirit has no flesh or bone, so how is 'weeping and gnashing of teeth' in your hell gonna happen?

But you say that those in the grave do not know anything. How come Jonah cried from the grave? Jonah 2:2

2. And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

Use your brain. You have been deceived.

If the word translated hell above means grave to you, then you contradict your own doctrine that the dead are unconscious.

Please defend your lies.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 11:28pm On Feb 14
Michael547:

Lol.....show me verses that refers to spiritual earth and where the bible teaches that a physical earth clothes the spiritual one.

The spiritual gave birth to the physical.

Man was already in existence before his body was formed. Both the man and woman were created the same day. And God blessed them even before their bodies were formed.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 1:27-28.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Notice the phrase, God blessed them. It didn't say, God blessed him.

But it was later that God formed the body of Adam and that of Eve from the rib of man. But they were already created and complete.

Everything you see in the physical existed first in the spirit realm.

This is why you dream and see yourself in places that looks real.

Genesis 1:26-28

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Mayntheemaynn: 1:10am On Feb 15
Ken4Christ:

But you say that those in the grave do not know anything. How come Jonah cried from the grave? Jonah 2:2

2. And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

Use your brain. You have been deceived.

If the word translated hell above means grave to you, then you contradict your own doctrine that the dead are unconscious.

Please defend your lies.
this is obviously poetry., He uses a metaphor to describe his feelings inside the belly of the fish.

1. Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the belly of the fish, 2 saying,
“I called out to the Lord, out of my distress, and he answered me; out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and you heard my voice.

use your senses, the jewish book are written in hebrew and 'hell' is never mentioned in the bible but in your english translations.

spirit has no flesh or bone, so how is 'weeping and gnashing of teeth' in your hell gonna happen?
oya defend your ignorance lies
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:04am On Feb 15
Ken4Christ:

Man was already in existence before his body was formed. Both the man and woman were created the same day. And God blessed them even before their bodies were formed.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

But it was later that God formed the body of Adam and that of Eve from the rib of man. But they were already created and complete.

Adam returned to his own former state as punishment
Where is he now?
Is dust from the spiritual realm?
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 7:47am On Feb 15
Aemmyjah:

Adam returned to his own former state as punishment
Where is he now?
Is dust from the spiritual realm?

His body returned back to the earth. But his soul lives on. Whether in heaven or hell, God is the judge.

Have you forgotten about Abel his son that was murdered by his brother Cain? Though he was dead but his blood cried out to God.

The book of Revelation talks about the souls of the dead crying out to God for vengeance. The souls even were clothed.

Revelation 6:9-13
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the SOULS OF THEM THAT WERE slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 AND THEY CRIED with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 AND WHITE ROBES were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

The passage above says it all. If you still don't believe, then, there is no redemption for you.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 7:55am On Feb 15
Mayntheemaynn:

this is obviously poetry., He uses a metaphor to describe his feelings inside the belly of the fish.

“I called out to the Lord, out of my distress, and he answered me; out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and you heard my voice.

use your senses, the jewish book are written in hebrew and 'hell' is never mentioned in the bible but in your english translations.

spirit has no flesh or bone, so how is 'weeping and gnashing of teeth' in your hell gonna happen?
oya defend your ignorance lies

Man is not a spirit but a spirit being. There is marked difference between both. The spirit of man looks exactly like the body. He is complete. Just the way you dream. You look complete in your dream.

Everything that exists in the physical has it's spiritual root. So, the spirit of man has every part complete in him. But in order to function on earth, he has to put on a physical body.

But you didn't answer my question. Lets assume the word sheol in the passage of Jonah 2:2 means physical grave. So, Jonah cried from the physical grave. But we know he was never buried.

You say that the dead are not conscious. So, how come an unconscious man cried?
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Michael547(m): 9:38am On Feb 15
Ken4Christ:

And where does the Bible teach that Adam and Eve soul were later covered with dust?
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Mayntheemaynn: 9:40am On Feb 15
Ken4Christ:

Man is not a spirit but a spirit being. There is marked difference between both. The spirit of man looks exactly like the body. He is complete. Just the way you dream. You look complete in your dream.

Everything that exists in the physical has it's spiritual root. So, the spirit of man has every part complete in him. But in order to function on earth, he has to put on a physical body.

But you didn't answer my question. Lets assume the word sheol in the passage of Jonah 2:2 means physical grave. So, Jonah cried from the physical grave. But we know he was never buried.

You say that the dead are not conscious. So, how come an unconscious man cried?
what is spirit and spirit being?
what was in luke 24;39, what is been talked about ?

why dont you start from verse 1?

sheol means grave, your grave can be in the water, on land or in the belly of a wild animal.

hope you know everyone goes to sheol and its never meant as 'hell' for wicked people. this is basic common sense.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:44am On Feb 15
Ken4Christ:

His body returned back to the earth. But his soul lives on. Whether in heaven or hell, God is the judge.

Have you forgotten about Abel his son that was murdered by his brother Cain? Though he was dead but his blood cried out to God.

The book of Revelation talks about the souls of the dead crying out to God for vengeance. The souls even were clothed.

Revelation 6:9-13
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the SOULS OF THEM THAT WERE slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 AND THEY CRIED with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 AND WHITE ROBES were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

The passage above says it all. If you still don't believe, then, there is no redemption for you.

So Abel's blood is crying out?
Guy, your ignorance suppose get PhD

Bible says that when God breathed into Adam nostrils, Adam became a living soul
The soul Adam came to be when God breathed into his nostrils.
Jesus himself said NO MAN HAS ASCENDED TO THE HEAVENS EXCEPT THE ONE WHO DESCENDED FROM IT, JESUS CHRIST
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Mayntheemaynn: 9:48am On Feb 15
Ken4Christ:

Lets assume the word sheol in the passage of Jonah 2:2 means physical grave.
you dont have to assume when you can do a little research on the HEBREW word and know what it means.
2samuel 22.6

In your new testament, sheol is translated into hades not hell.
revelation 20;14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:08pm On Feb 15
Michael547:

So where is Satan now?

Anywhere he can go includimg comng to earth.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Zaheertyler(m): 3:47pm On Feb 15
The demons that took you there first
They get full control over you and that's what they want
But you want control over yourself
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 6:29pm On Feb 15
Mayntheemaynn:

you dont have to assume when you can do a little research on the HEBREW word and know what it means.
2samuel 22.6

revelation 20;14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

You have been brainwashed to believe death means cessation of existence.

Jesus died but he still lives on.

The false prophet and the beast thrown into the Lake of fire in Revelation 19:20 are acknowledged to still be there after over 1,000 years in Revelation 20:10.

The problem with you people is that you still insist on your beliefs in the face of contrary evidences.

So, why didn't the false prophet and beast disappear?

You certainly don't have answer to it. You are just warming up to join them. Your eyes will be clear when you get there. Your brain will reset but it will be too late.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 6:33pm On Feb 15
Aemmyjah:

So Abel's blood is crying out?
Guy, your ignorance suppose get PhD

Bible says that when God breathed into Adam nostrils, Adam became a living soul
The soul Adam came to be when God breathed into his nostrils.
Jesus himself said NO MAN HAS ASCENDED TO THE HEAVENS EXCEPT THE ONE WHO DESCENDED FROM IT, JESUS CHRIST

You need to go back to school and study the use of English. The word translated soul in this context is not the same as the immortal soul.

The word soul in some context just means a person while in other context, it refers to the immortal soul.

You brain is too damaged to understand this truth.

Just go and check your dictionary and see the different usage of the word soul.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 6:36pm On Feb 15
Mayntheemaynn:

what is spirit and spirit being?
what was in luke 24;39, what is been talked about ?

why dont you start from verse 1?

sheol means grave, your grave can be in the water, on land or in the belly of a wild animal.

hope you know everyone goes to sheol and its never meant as 'hell' for wicked people. this is basic common sense.

So, fire burns in your own grave? The scripture talks about the fire of hell;

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on FIRE OF HELL.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:15pm On Feb 15
Ken4Christ:

You need to go back to school and study the use of English. The word translated soul in this context is not the same as the immortal soul.

The word soul in some context just means a person while in other context, it refers to the immortal soul.

You brain is too damaged to understand this truth.

Just go and check your dictionary and see the different usage of the word soul.

Adam became a living soul

Olodo
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:16pm On Feb 15
Ken4Christ:

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on FIRE OF HELL.

Your tongue sets your own body on fire?
This guy no get sense
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:46pm On Feb 15
Aemmyjah:

Your tongue sets your own body on fire?
This guy no get sense

Deuteronomy 32:22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

Tell me in your correct sense that the hell above is grave.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 10:19pm On Feb 15
Aemmyjah:

Adam became a living soul

Olodo

If the totality of man is referred to as soul in all content, why the the scripture below separate the soul from the body and even the spirit?

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole SPIRIT and SOUL and BODY be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Mayntheemaynn: 8:08am On Feb 16
Ken4Christ:

New testament is talking about Gehenna not hell.
Why don't you ask Jews that owns your Jewish bible what Sheol means? What are you afraid of?
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Mayntheemaynn: 8:10am On Feb 16
Ken4Christ:

You have been brainwashed to believe death means cessation of existence.

Jesus died but he still lives on.

The false prophet and the beast thrown into the Lake of fire in Revelation 19:20 are acknowledged to still be there after over 1,000 years in Revelation 20:10.

The problem with you people is that you still insist on your beliefs in the face of contrary evidences.

So, why didn't the false prophet and beast disappear?

You certainly don't have answer to it. You are just warming up to join them. Your eyes will be clear when you get there. Your brain will reset but it will be too late.

You have been brainwashed with Norse mythologies to believe there is a LOCATION called hell and heaven after you die.

Read again, you dont have to assume when you can do a little research on the HEBREW word and know what it means.
2samuel 22.6

revelation 20;14
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:28am On Feb 16
Ken4Christ:

If the totality of man is referred to as soul in all content, why the the scripture below separate the soul from the body and even the spirit?

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole SPIRIT and SOUL and BODY be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

What is spirit?
Animals have spirits too according to the Bible. Spirits activate us, differentiating us from the dead
Soul is the person or being. Bible mentions that animals are souls. The Bible says souls can feel hunger, be killed with the sword ⚔
Animals and humans have body too

So rest
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:29am On Feb 16
Ken4Christ:

Deuteronomy 32:22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

Tell me in your correct sense that the hell above is grave.

So your hellfire will consume mountains and earth
Issok
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:02am On Feb 16
Aemmyjah:

So your hellfire will consume mountains and earth
Issok

The heat from hell is what results in volcanoes. Even though hell is a spiritual kingdom at the center of the earth, very deep below, it affects the physical earth.

Escavators have once dug so deep they began to hear terrible cries from beneath. They lowered a microphone that could withstand temperature of over 2,000 degree celcius. By the time it was retrieved, the microphone has melted but they were able record few seconds which revealed deep cries and agonies they couldn't explain.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:04am On Feb 16
Aemmyjah:

What is spirit?
Animals have spirits too according to the Bible. Spirits activate us, differentiating us from the dead
Soul is the person or being. Bible mentions that animals are souls. The Bible says souls can feel hunger, be killed with the sword ⚔
Animals and humans have body too

So rest

You don't have answer to my question. Check my thread on my book, The Total Man and you will clearly understand the three components that makes up man and the differences between the spirit and soul.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:11am On Feb 16
Mayntheemaynn:

You have been brainwashed with Norse mythologies to believe there is a LOCATION called hell and heaven after you die.

Read again, you dont have to assume when you can do a little research on the HEBREW word and know what it means.
2samuel 22.6

revelation 20;14

How do you interpret scripture like this;

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.

Don't tell me the fire refers to Gehena, the valley in Israel. Because, Satan certainly can't be thrown into a physical valley. Use your brain. Thosebwhite men, Russell and Rutherford have brainwashed you. Must you continue to defend lies even in the face of contrary evidences?
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:14am On Feb 16
Mayntheemaynn:

New testament is talking about Gehenna not hell.
Why don't you ask Jews that owns your Jewish bible what Sheol means? What are you afraid of?

Have you visited Israel to see if the fire in that valley is still burning. It doesn't any more. It's simply a place of refuse dump. But Jesus says that the fire there is never quenched and the worms do not die.

At least, you have converts all over the world. Why not ask those in Israel to confirm if fire is still burning in that physical valley.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Mayntheemaynn: 9:17am On Feb 16
Ken4Christ:

Have you visited Israel to see if the fire in that valley is still burning. It doesn't any more. It's simply a place of refuse dump. But Jesus says that the fire there is never quenched and the worms do not die.

At least, you have converts all over the world. Why not ask those in Israel to confirm if fire is still burning in that physical valley.
jesus was talking about gehenna to his jewish audience during 1st century palestine, what will they think of gehnna then?
gehenna was not originaly used for dumping of refuse. look up the history of gehenna to understand what jesus meant in 1st century when he said, 'the fire there is never quenched and the worms do not die.'

there is spiritual worm in your hell? grin
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Mayntheemaynn: 9:18am On Feb 16
Ken4Christ:

How do you interpret scripture like this;

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.

Don't tell me the fire refers to Gehena, the valley in Israel. Because, Satan certainly can't be thrown into a physical valley. Use your brain. Thosebwhite men, Russell and Rutherford have brainwashed you. Must you continue to defend lies even in the face of contrary evidences?
is that not a parable? use your senses a little.
the kingdom of heaven is like a seed, do you also interpret it as LITERAL, why not?
why you so desperate for hell?

gehenna is a place where sacrfices and HUMAN BODIES ARE DISPOSED AND BURNT,
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:13pm On Feb 16
Ken4Christ:

Russell and Rutherford have brainwashed you. Must you continue to defend lies even in the face of contrary evidences?

Anyone who makes thorough research to find out that Hellfire is a lie must have been taught by Russell and Rutherford.

Guy open your eyes. You're chatting with an atheist who doesn't believe in whatever the Bible says all he's interested in is Wikipedia and secular history in which nothing like fairy tale of Hellfire doctrine exists? smiley
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 2:50pm On Feb 16
MaxInDHouse:

Anyone who makes thorough research to find out that Hellfire is a lie must have been taught by Russell and Rutherford.

Guy open your eyes. You're chatting with an atheist who doesn't believe in whatever the Bible says all he's interested in is Wikipedia and secular history in which nothing like fairy tale of Hellfire doctrine exists? smiley

An atheist has a better hope than Jehovah Witness adherents. At least we have seen a couple of them embracing Christ on Nairaland. But Jehovah Witness members seems to be hopelessly lost in the doctrines of Russell and Rutherford.

My prayer is that some of you will realize the truth and embrace the true gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Is Rev Dr King / Are You Good Enough For Heaven? / Why Do Nigerians (Christians & Muslims) Visit With Fetish Priests?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.