Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? (1879 Views)

Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? / Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? / 10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 2:44pm On Feb 18
gobuchinny:

Brotherly Satan is not in hell. His on earth. He can't stand hell. Hell is a holding place until the coming of Christ. Then he will be in the lake of fire

He moves to and fro. He goes to hell to receive reports and monitor what is happening on the earth. He also moves on the earth. He is an adversary who walks about.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 2:48pm On Feb 18
Aemmyjah:

You too like superstories
I can equally write such stories and make money too
Stories that are contradictory to each other and makes no sense
Imagine touching a flower and it sings hallelujah
Imagine saying that Michael Jackson is doing brake dance in hellfire and that's how the demons work
That millions of people are entering hellfire like a wave and Jesus is weeping bitterly
Worst of all is saying Ben 10 (a cartoon character) is in hellfire
They have seen John Lennon, Michael Jackson, Pope John Paul 2...

If I were not a JW, I'll publish the most sentimental, interesting story of my journey to hellfire and back. I'll make millions too... I just came back from hellfire. Satan has potbelly and is dressed like a clown 🤡
Why not take the books side by side and compare them and see how thoroughly you've been misled

I don't believe every stories of hell. I judge their narration with the word of God. And most of them are indeed true. Your unbelief doesn't change it. After all, you don't even believe the testimonies of Jesus about hell. So, it has programmed your mind not to believe any story about hell. In fact, your second name is unbelief.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 2:52pm On Feb 18
Mayntheemaynn:

i didnt talk about the jews affirmation, just show me where jews take sheol and gehenna as hell and lake of fire, also show me the different departments in gehenna, earlier you said they know.

Google it and you will see the interpretation given to it online.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 2:53pm On Feb 18
Mayntheemaynn:

so there are people in heaven and hell now?

Sure but hell is much more people.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 4:46pm On Feb 18
Ken4Christ:

Sure but hell is much more people.
which christian or jewish denomination says people are in heaven and hell burning?
which verse states so?

earlier you said, jesus said the fire in hell will never cease, but once it is thrown into lake of fire, wont it seize?
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 4:50pm On Feb 18
Ken4Christ:

Google it and you will see the interpretation given to it online.
i did, and all what you said are FALSE, kindly send links to your own google were jews take sheol and gehenna as hell and lake of fire, also show me the different departments in gehenna, earlier you said they know, so send me links or rabbis talking about on it.

you are basing your life on hell tales you read in a jewish book, there should be thousands of references that the jews themselves use even before jesus parents were born.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:18pm On Feb 18
Maynthemayn:

i did, and all what you said are FALSE, kindly send links to your own google were jews take sheol and gehenna as hell and lake of fire, also show me the different departments in gehenna, earlier you said they know, so send me links or rabbis talking about on it.

you are basing your life on hell tales you read in a jewish book, there should be thousands of references that the jews themselves use even before jesus parents were born.

Stop emphasizing on affirmation from the Jews. I told you they know what Hades, Sheol and Gehenna means.

Even if we use the scripture to analyze how these terms were used, common sense will tell you they are places of torment. The first two refers to the present hell while the later is the Lake of fire.

Check my thread on the contrast between hell and physical grave, you will understand better.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 9:20pm On Feb 18
Ken4Christ:

Stop emphasizing on affirmation from the Jews. I told you they know what Hades, Sheol and Gehenna means.

Even if we use the scripture to analyze how these terms were used, common sense will tell you they are places of torment. The first two refers to the present hell while the later is the Lake of fire.

Check my thread on the contrast between hell and physical grave, you will understand better.
This are Jewish books, are you saying none of. Your tales exist in their books or traditions? No Rabbi or pharisees EVER talks on this, then how did jesus Jewish audience understand it?

Did Zechariah and Elizabeth know that Gehenna is hell?

And again, i didnt talk about the jews affirmation, just show me where jews take sheol and gehenna as hell and lake of fire, also show me the different departments in gehenna, earlier you said they know.

Maybe it's you that don't understand what you are defending lol
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:23pm On Feb 18
Maynthemayn:

which christian or jewish denomination says people are in heaven and hell burning?
which verse states so?

earlier you said, jesus said the fire in hell will never cease, but once it is thrown into lake of fire, wont it seize?

A bigger fire has consumed it but the torment continues.

I also believe that when Jesus said that the fire is never quenched, he was referring to Gehenna (Lake of fire).

Mark 9:43-48
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

The word from which hell is translated here is Gehenna.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 9:25pm On Feb 18
Ken4Christ:

I also believe that when Jesus said that the fire is never quenched, he was referring to Gehenna (Lake of fire).

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

So lake of fire is no more liquid fire, lake of fire now contains worms?
So are people in hell or lake of fire now?

So where did Jesus talk on hell?
And is it lake of fire that has different department, earlier you said it was hell.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 9:33pm On Feb 18
Ken4Christ:

I wish you can just Drop your delusion for a sec and just read on this Jewish concepts, this is a fellow Christian like you explaining it using scriptures and common sense.
https://medium.com/@BrazenChurch/hell-a-biblical-staple-the-bible-never-actually-mentions-c28b18b1aaaa
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:37pm On Feb 18
Maynthemayn:

I wish you can just Drop your delusion for a sec and just read on this Jewish concepts, this is a fellow Christian like you explaining it using scriptures and common sense.
https://medium.com/@BrazenChurch/hell-a-biblical-staple-the-bible-never-actually-mentions-c28b18b1aaaa

Do you know that there are anti Christ among the Jews. His views doesn't change the truth of the scripture.

Read all the references of hell in the Bible and come back and tell me it's just a physical grave. Only a mad person will reach such conclusion.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 9:40pm On Feb 18
Ken4Christ:

Do you know that there are anti Christ among the Jews. His views doesn't change the truth of the scripture.

Read all the references of hell in the Bible and come back and tell me it's just a physical grave. Only a mad person will reach such conclusion.
What does Antichrist got to do with Gehenna, Sheol?
These concept existed before Jesus was born.

And this person is a Christian like you not a Jew, he only used his common sense to find out the meaning of the Jewish concept.

Why not even try to read a LITTLE and add New knowledge, atall at all bro lol
You afraid of doubting of your beliefs?
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:41pm On Feb 18
Maynthemayn:

So lake of fire is no more liquid fire, lake of fire now contains worms?
So are people in hell or lake of fire now?

So where did Jesus talk on hell?
And is it lake of fire that has different department, earlier you said it was hell.

It's hell that has department or different kind of cells.

Why do you think it strange to have worms in liquid fire? Are there not sea animals. These worms are not ordinary worms. They are designed to survive the heat and add to the torment.

The present hell is Hades. And that was the term used when Jesus told the story of the Rich man and Lazarus.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 9:41pm On Feb 18
Ken4Christ:

The word "hell" is NEVER mentioned in the bible, read.

Only a deranged person will be adamant on his ignorance.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 9:42pm On Feb 18
Ken4Christ:

It's hell that has department or diffeent kind of cell
So what did Jesus call "hell" to his Jewish audience?

And the Lazarus story, do you think the Pharisees took it literal?
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:45pm On Feb 18
Ken4Christ:

It's hell that has department or different kind of cells.

Why do you think it strange to have worms in liquid fire? Are there not sea animals. These worms are not ordinary worms. They are designed to survive the heat and add to the torment.

The present hell is Hades. And that was the term used when Jesus told the story of the Rich man and Lazarus.

😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 9:45pm On Feb 18
Ken4Christ:

Why do you think it strange to have worms in liquid fire? Are there not sea animals. These worms are not ordinary worms. They are designed to survive the heat and add to .
Chai, damn religion. When does it stop making sense to you?
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:48pm On Feb 18
Ken4Christ:

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye[color=#990000][/color], than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

So there are people with incomplete body parts in the kingdom of God shey?
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:37am On Feb 19
Aemmyjah:

So there are people with incomplete body parts in the kingdom of God shey?

Certainly not. It's just a way of expressing the price you must pay in ensuring you enter into God's kingdom. It also explains how terrible hell is. Even if you have to lose one eye to get into God's kingdom, it's far better than going into hell with two eyes. There is not a disabled person in the kingdom of heaven.

The only way it can be applied is when you are faced with persecution to deny your faith and you are threatened that they will remove your eyes unless you deny your faith. A faithful Christian will not comprise even unto death. But even if they remove your eyes before they kill you, you will be whole in the kingdom of heaven.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:44am On Feb 19
Maynthemayn:

Chai, damn religion. When does it stop making sense to you?

Most things of God doesn't make sense but they are true.

Does it make sense for Jesus to send Peter to go catch fish and get money out of the mouth of the fish?

Does it make sense to walk on water. Jesus walked on water.

Does it make sense for a wine to be demanded in an occasion and Jesus asked them to fill water pots with water that was turned into wine.

This is why the scripture says that the preaching of the gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 9:47am On Feb 19
Ken4Christ:

Most things of God doesn't make sense but they are true.

Does it make sense for Jesus to send Peter to go catch fish and get money out of the mouth of the fish?

Does it make sense to walk on water. Jesus walked on water.

Does it make sense for a wine to be demanded in an occasion and Jesus asked them to fill water pots with water that was turned into wine.

This is why the scripture says that the preaching of the gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing.
they are only found in the books you are basing your life on and wasting your life away while alive. you only have this life, enjoy it.

in quran, mohammed also sliced the moon into 2, inside the quran just like your jesus was walking on water inside the new testament.
religion turns you into an idiot.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:48am On Feb 19
Maynthemayn:

And the Lazarus story, do you think the Pharisees took it literal?

Not every Jews believed Jesus. So, not every Jews believed his messages. Even some of his disciples left him when he began to talk about eating his flesh and drinking his blood.

Even when he rose from the dead, Thomas didn't believe until he saw him.

So, you don't have to wait to hear the affirmation of the Jews before you believe God's word that is clearly written.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 9:50am On Feb 19
Ken4Christ:

Not every Jews believed Jesus. So, not every Jews believed his messages. Even some of his disciples left him when he began to talk about eating his flesh and drinking his blood.

Even when he rose from the dead, Thomas didn't believe until he saw him.

So, you don't have to wait to hear the affirmation of the Jews before you believe God's word that is clearly written.
there were jews before jesus parent was born.

answer

And the Lazarus story, do you think the Pharisees took 'hades' literal?
send references where jews take hell as hades, or was it jesus that created the concept in 1st century?
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:51am On Feb 19
Maynthemayn:

What does Antichrist got to do with Gehenna, Sheol?
These concept existed before Jesus was born.

And this person is a Christian like you not a Jew, he only used his common sense to find out the meaning of the Jewish concept.

Why not even try to read a LITTLE and add New knowledge, atall at all bro lol
You afraid of doubting of your beliefs?

Please, send excerpt of his quotes. I don't have time to click on links.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 9:52am On Feb 19
Ken4Christ:

Please, send excerpt of his quotes. I don't have time to click on links.
you dont have to click on the link, your ignorance remains only with you.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:54am On Feb 19
Maynthemayn:

answer

send references where jews take hell as hades, or was it jesus that created the concept in 1st century?

You are going round in circles. Most Jews in his days didn't believe Jesus. If they did, they would not have killed him. So, their opinions on Jesus teachings doesn't matter.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 9:56am On Feb 19
Ken4Christ:

You are going round in circles. Most Jews in his days didn't believe Jesus. If they did, they would not have killed him. So, their opinions on Jesus teachings doesn't matter.
you lack comprehension.

so answer

send references where jews before [b]jesus parent[/b]was born, take hell as hades, or was it jesus that created the concept in 1st century?

earlier you said they know, that means they are also prepping for heaven and hades, so send me ONE reference.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 9:58am On Feb 19
Ken4Christ:

If they did, they would not have killed him. So, their opinions on Jesus teachings doesn't matter.
You lied, most of jesus followers were jews. it was not jewish people that killed him, mark 8;31 tells you who killed him for blasphemy.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 9:58am On Feb 19
Maynthemayn:

they are only found in the books you are basing your life on and wasting your life away while alive. you only have this life, enjoy it.

in quran, mohammed also sliced the moon into 2, inside the quran just like your jesus was walking on water inside the new testament.
religion turns you into an idiot.

The gospels are historical facts. What they wrote happened. This is why there are four witnesses, Matthew, Mark Luke and John. And they all wrote their independent account.

And there is no existing contrary literature work of those who lived in the days of Jesus. The works were published when some of them were still alive. No one till date disproved it. Not even the well organized and sophisticated Roman government.
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Maynthemayn: 9:59am On Feb 19
Ken4Christ:

The gospels are historical facts. What they wrote happened. This is why there are four witnesses, Matthew, Mark Luke and John. And they all wrote their independent account.

And there is no existing contrary literature work of those who lived in the days of Jesus. The works were published when some of them were still alive. No one till date disproved it. Not even the well organized and sophisticated Roman government.
Religion thrives on Ignorance lol
Re: Who Will Be In Charge Of Punishing Sinners In Hell? by Ken4Christ: 10:01am On Feb 19
Maynthemayn:

You lied, most of jesus followers were jews. it was not jewish people that killed him, mark 8;31 tells you who killed him for blasphemy.

Matthew 26:3-4
3 Then assembled together the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders of the people, unto the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas,

4 And consulted that they might take Jesus by subtilty, and kill him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Testimony,from Heavenly Currency To American Dollars / Heaps Of Charms Dug Out Of Church Altar In Ilesa / Why Do Pentecostals Like Commiting Idolatry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.