Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,565 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account (54735 Views)

Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial / Painter Kills Grace Ajibola In Ibadan After Finding N2 Million In Her Account / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 12, 2018
ACH for Naija.. Men done zero mind oo
Meanwhile.. Amaka disappoint me Nyom ke confusion cheesy
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by dangoteinlaw: 11:45am On Nov 12, 2018
cyberguy72:
But ritualists camoflauging as Yahoo plenty Na.
yes they are those fools deceived to believe that ritual will bring you wealth. Those native doctors are the real scammers because how can u allow a poor wretched old fool to deceive you into ritual... See my guy i have seen guys do those wire and believe me that thing works o, I only pitty their clients that later gets bursted but over there the law will understand you were only used...u know y these guys are now doing it here locally is because the bank security abroad has so much increased an d tighted so the wire thing is only successful in 1 of of like 300 trails....most of them even go as far as traveling to south Africa or other countries to do it and it has become very trackable that some even destroy the laptop plus every gadget used in doing it..
To all those believing in rituals stop it now, rituals is the a fraudulent way native doctors use to swindle your money in the disguise of helpiny you. There's even a video of YouTube where a native doctor said they normally push the Boyz to ritual so they can get caught by the police.

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by einsteine(m): 11:48am On Nov 12, 2018
speedyconnect3:

Produce which customer?

So you know all your customers?

Assuming you sell car in Lagos and someone claims to come from the East to purchase a car, same person transfers a fraudulent money to you. You confirmed and gave out car.

How do you produce him?

Yes you have to produce him. Part of SCUML guidelines is that for high ticket transactions say above 500k you as a seller must do reasonable KYC.

2 Likes

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by speedyconnect3: 11:51am On Nov 12, 2018
einsteine:

Yes you have to produce him. Part of SCUML guidelines is that for high ticket transactions say above 500k you as a seller must do reasonable KYC.

Bunkum.

Do which stupid KYC?

Banks do that because they have access to nimc, Road safety and immigration portals.

The person can forge an ID and present if you insist.
.And you can't confirm that.

The girl will go free eventually..

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by ojuu4u(m): 11:57am On Nov 12, 2018
speedyconnect3:
She will go free later. The poster is engaging in scaremongering and sabrerattling.

And those shouting Amaka is stupid make me cringe.

Such could have happened with any other transaction.

What if Amaka was a baker or designer and he was only paying for services rendered.?

Police will be unable to establish any case against the lady!

Btw story looks fictitious.
re read Wat you posted n grade urself, ......u met someone online in which u don't know from Adam and in which you won't be able to trace him, in case of unforseen circumstance, he wanted to give u 100k freeeeeee. Uhmmm

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Favor99(m): 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2018
Pajapaja:
Jail the ipob bastard
Please stop with the tribalism.
Let’s be kind and respectful to everyone and every ethnic group

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Favor99(m): 12:04pm On Nov 12, 2018
quentin06:
owerri babes, how typical, this one was ready to open all the holes in her body for 5k, but she got 50k plus another 50k, hmm let her use it to settle police, am sure she must snapped the 5m alert and put on a 30 x 50 picture frame and hung it in her room to brag about her level upgrade from a 5k whorre to a 5m whorre.

igbo amaka, we dey hail.

such genius level... stupid!
Please stop with the tribalism
Hatred like the one your displaying is detrimental to Nigeria as a whole

2 Likes

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Duru1(m): 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2018
Pajapaja:
Jail the ipob bastard

It takes one deluded bastard to recognize another.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by SachaBastien(m): 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2018
Bloggers please!!!
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by dopedan(m): 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2018
Wow dem don dey load naija account thats good

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by obailala(m): 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2018
Lol.. this is a perfect tale of "awuf dey run belle baadd!"
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Deltatoto: 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
CastedDude:
A police detective has taken to social media to enlighten Nigerians about another trick being used by fraudsters on unsuspecting victims.  

Ogbonnaya Nwota, revealed that a young lady simply identified as Amaka, is currently in police custody after she was involved in a fraud case of N5 million which was paid into her account by a "good Samaritan" from Facebook who later rewarded her with N100,000. 

Read below what the detective shared on Facebook; 

She went down on her knees as she was ushered into my office, weeping uncontrollably, she muttered, 'Officer, please, help me. I need your help. Yes, I acted stupidly, but I didn't do it'. Having comported herself, I demanded to know her story regarding a case of fraud of N5, 000, 000 (Five Million Naira) I was investigating.

Amaka, 33, tall, elegant, hippy and busty, a young graduate in Owerri, is an active netizen of social media. She belongs to many Facebook groups. On one of the groups, the Admin on a Sunday morning asked members to post their account details, as someone maybe touched to 'do Sunday' for them. Different account details flowed ceaselessly on the group's platform and few confessed how some hitherto unknown persons have credited their accounts. Amaka got a chat up from someone who promised to send money to her the following day being Monday. The duo chatted for about 15 minutes on Facebook with the man bragging how money wasn't his problem but a good lady to spend it on. They ended up booking an appointment to see each other the following day since both of them stay in same city.

Both kept to the time of their appointment and in a few minutes, ordered for food in an exquisite eatery where the meeting was taken place. The guy re-emphasized how wealthy a man he is to Amaka and promised to see her more often, when he returns from his intended overseas trip. The guy was glued to his phone and ipad, pressing them interchangeably and smiling intermittently at no one in particular. As they were about to leave, he told Amaka to expect an alert of N50, 000 from him and while he was paying the bills for their order, Amaka got an alert of N5, 000, 000 (Five Million naira), which she didn't notice initially was N5, 000, 000 until when the guy asked her to recheck the alert she got, telling her that he mistakenly transferred 5M instead of 50k as promised.

Both headed to the bank in the guy's car. He told Amaka to withdraw the entire 5M from the bank, pay whatever charges and hand over the cash to him. He as well upgraded Amaka's cash gift to 100k. Amaka who was already elated dashed into the bank, while the guy sat comfortably in his car outside the bank premises. About 30 minutes later, Amaka was back in the guy's car and handed over the cash to him, having collected her N100k. She was dropped off few minutes after and she boarded a taxi to her house with indescribable happiness written over her face. What a day she exclaimed as she opened the door to her house. No sex, no request for sex, no touch, no even a hug and she was given N100K. It was simply unbelievable to her.

A week later Amaka was at her bank's ATM to withdraw some cash, but the card got trapped. She went into the bank to lodge a complaint and possibly retrieve her card, but instead of giving her the card, she was handed over to the Police and that was how she was brought to my office.

Police investigations linked Amaka's bank account to a sum of Five Million naira moved from a certain company's account that was hacked into by some fraudsters.

Investigation is ongoing, but until Amaka produces the guy she alleged transferred the said money to her, of course whose Facebook is no longer in existence and phone number inactive and the guy also admits to have made the said transfer to Amaka, Amaka will definitely be contesting her innocence in the court of law, where she will be charged for fraud.

Times are perilous, my people. The criminals are obviously getting wiser and you must remain vigilant in order not to be tacitly involved in a crime you know nothing about. Secure your account details and report to the Police if you receive any suspicious credit alert.

Learn from the mistakes of others.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/11/young-lady-lands-in-police-net-after-man-transferred-n5m-into-her-account.html

amaka Toto go sweet o
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by FaroukM(m): 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
....Why always Amaka

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Proffdada: 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
einsteine:

Track which money? Money was stolen from a company and sent to her account. She then withdrew the money. Her only option is to pay back or she goes to jail.

You guys don't read. She went inside the bank to withdraw.
it was sent to her account from another account
Trace the account
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by onpoint69(m): 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2018
[quote author=beyuv post=72895458]she didnt steal it did she
No, but it's made to look like she did it
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by millionboi2: 12:24pm On Nov 12, 2018
Mouth Gig:
FAKE NEWS... grin grin grin grin grin grin

VOTE BUHARI...

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI..
is true d man is a police man.

Yahoo guys/,internet fraudsters do dat
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by babamoha(m): 12:24pm On Nov 12, 2018
Juell:

Why bring tribe into this? There's really a big problem with this generation, can't issues be discussed without bringing tribe into it?
Everybody is a bigot in Nigeria
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by onpoint69(m): 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2018
[quote author=Mouth Gig post=72895801]FAKE NEWS... grin grin grin grin grin grin
VOTE BUHARI...
GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI..
make your head blow there
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by mapet: 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2018
Juell:

Giddymoney: :

"Amaka, 33, tall, elegant, hippy and busty"

A true definition of a dumb, empty headed bitch, using the term "Graduate " as a disguise
I'm sure you didn't read the story

If not greed and stu.pi.di.ty what else is there in the story to read? That the most basic home training "Don't take from strangers" is lacking in her or the "I never chop" habit came to the fore? Giddymoney is right, this is the kind of dumb and empty headed girl that will open legs for ice-cream
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by mapet: 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2018
ThankYouGod:
I doubt this story.

You can't withdraw 4.9m with ATM card in a day.

That is why you should read the story......

3 Likes

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by mapet: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
panpan:
Amaka should have seen the red flag when her 'friend' asked her to withdraw N5m in cash. If the amount transferred was an error, she should have insisted in transferring the money back to the same account that the funds came from.

It was greed and st.up.id.ity at work
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by millionboi2: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
ajl:
Just few days ago a friend in the USA shared a similar story of his experience with me. He was down at a point and asked a younger Nigerian guy he knew for some change. Initially, nothing was forthcoming until after he called the guy again, and he retorted that he had instructed a certain chap to transfer some fund into his bank account, and that he should not worry he would soon receive the fund. On same day, he was dumbfounded after $35,000 was transferred into his bank account. My guy quickly used part of the fund for an immediate need, and later called the guy to thank him with a lot of accolades. Immediately the guy said in Yoruba "Egbon e'fara bale o", meaning "big brother take it easy", it's only $4k that is yours o. But my guy has already spent more than that, and the guy simply told him that if he doesn't want to be visited by bad boys he should refund the amount he spent above the $4k, and the fund isn"t his alone. I never got to hear how he didn't get into trouble with cops here because he had to get off the phone. Normally, any transaction above $10k into a bank account is usually tracked by state security officials. People be careful o. Awoof dey kill o.
he maybe in jail now oo
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by mapet: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
ThankYouGod:
I doubt this story.

You can't withdraw 4.9m with ATM card in a day.

That is why you should read the story......

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by mapet: 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2018
lostinHeaven:
This case will be summarilly dismissed in court,
What is the origen of the money? Was a crime committed? If yes,where is the victim?
These are the questions the prosecutor/police must answer.
Nobody is obligated to help the police in their investigation most expecially an accused,RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT

If by accident you are a law student, you should be withdrawn from the course.

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by mapet: 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2018
panpan:
Amaka should have seen the red flag when her 'friend' asked her to withdraw N5m in cash. If the amount transferred was an error, she should have insisted in transferring the money back to the same account that the funds came from.

It was greed and st.up.id.ity at work
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by naturefellow(m): 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2018
Beremx:
They should get the fraudster and leave the innocent girl alone
the scapegoat theory
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Rajosh(m): 12:37pm On Nov 12, 2018
drealzum:
I don't understand this story.
so why did the guy do this?
He couldn't have transferred into his own account so as not to be caught.

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 12, 2018
Imyourex:

Ode ni e, Eranko ni e pelu, Pajapaja to mu baba e lepon to fi ku naa lo ma pa e.

See finishing cheesy
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by naturefellow(m): 12:38pm On Nov 12, 2018
Aquariann:
Eyaa. Scammers everywhere.

I was at GAME store, Palms Mall the other day, and two young guys after filling their trolley with different electronics and kitchen wares approached me with one GAME staff waving their ATM card.

The staff because he knew me brought them to me and was explaining for them that they want to pay for the items but their bank is having issues and the POS device couldn't complete the transaction.

He begged I gave them my account so their friend at home could transfer the money to my account and I pay with my ATM that they'll appreciate me.

E remain small I for report the Game staff to their management after I change am for am. Probably thought I didn't understand they were about to perpetrate a fraud. The so called friend at home was obviously in possession of a stolen ATM or something and would have transferred the cash to my account then I ended up a scape goat like this greedy girl in this story.

I reminded the customer guy, he was brandishing a Diamond bank ATM, and diamond bank's branch was just by the entrance of the mall. Let him walk there amd withdraw the cash from his account, nothing will happen to the items in his trolley since he hasn't even paid.
damn!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] / When Karma Comes In The Form Of A Masculine Gay Rapist / H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.