Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,812 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account (54734 Views)

Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial / Painter Kills Grace Ajibola In Ibadan After Finding N2 Million In Her Account / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by PrincewithGod(m): 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2018
Pajapaja:
Jail the ipob bastard
And you were preaching tolerance in another thread.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Pajapaja: 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2018
PrincewithGod:

And you were preaching tolerance in another thread.
A criminal should be freed ?
Define tolerance. You piece of shit
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by olotulucy: 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2018
I pity our dear amaka,I pray God fight for her.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by mechanics(m): 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
She didn't act well, she should have reported the case to the police first of all, see how the love of money has put her into trouble, the Bible is very correct.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2018
einsteine:

Track which money? Money was stolen from a company and sent to her account. She then withdrew the money. Her only option is to pay back or she goes to jail.

You guys don't read. She went inside the bank to withdraw.
leave that guy, he's only seeking attention, nothing else. He want people to quote him

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by buddydoze(m): 2:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
In Davido's voice "Amaka disappoint me" MUMU AMAKA grin grin grin
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by coolh3ad(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2018
indomitable234:
Fake story , you can't withdraw more than 500k for savings account and 3m for corporate account how come amaka was able to withdraw 5m

I have a First Bank Savings account and can withdraw N1 million....

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by theoldpretender(m): 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2018
speedyconnect3:

What if she was paying for her services?

What if Amaka was a baker or she sales eg honey and the guy pretends to need 50k worth and then transfers 5m instead, claiming it was a mistake?

1.The OP post was prettly clear what Amaka went for...

Amaka, 33, tall, elegant, hippy and busty, a young graduate in Owerri, is an active netizen of social media. She belongs to many Facebook groups. On one of the groups, the Admin on a Sunday morning asked members to post their account details, as someone maybe touched to 'do Sunday' for them

2.In this era of internet banking...what happened to sending the money back online.

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Elliot2(m): 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2018
Juell:

Why bring tribe into this? There's really a big problem with this generation, can't issues be discussed without bringing tribe into it?
it is really a tribe issue already... So let them go sort their insatiable desire for money.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Dessy96: 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2018
clive2u:
awoof dey purge belle o
who no know go know �

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by bigtt76(f): 3:24pm On Nov 12, 2018
Amaka disappointment .....Amaka confusion cheesy
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by xeros20(m): 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
CastedDude:
A police detective has taken to social media to enlighten Nigerians about another trick being used by fraudsters on unsuspecting victims.  

Ogbonnaya Nwota, revealed that a young lady simply identified as Amaka, is currently in police custody after she was involved in a fraud case of N5 million which was paid into her account by a "good Samaritan" from Facebook who later rewarded her with N100,000. 

Read below what the detective shared on Facebook; 

She went down on her knees as she was ushered into my office, weeping uncontrollably, she muttered, 'Officer, please, help me. I need your help. Yes, I acted stupidly, but I didn't do it'. Having comported herself, I demanded to know her story regarding a case of fraud of N5, 000, 000 (Five Million Naira) I was investigating.

Amaka, 33, tall, elegant, hippy and busty, a young graduate in Owerri, is an active netizen of social media. She belongs to many Facebook groups. On one of the groups, the Admin on a Sunday morning asked members to post their account details, as someone maybe touched to 'do Sunday' for them. Different account details flowed ceaselessly on the group's platform and few confessed how some hitherto unknown persons have credited their accounts. Amaka got a chat up from someone who promised to send money to her the following day being Monday. The duo chatted for about 15 minutes on Facebook with the man bragging how money wasn't his problem but a good lady to spend it on. They ended up booking an appointment to see each other the following day since both of them stay in same city.

Both kept to the time of their appointment and in a few minutes, ordered for food in an exquisite eatery where the meeting was taken place. The guy re-emphasized how wealthy a man he is to Amaka and promised to see her more often, when he returns from his intended overseas trip. The guy was glued to his phone and ipad, pressing them interchangeably and smiling intermittently at no one in particular. As they were about to leave, he told Amaka to expect an alert of N50, 000 from him and while he was paying the bills for their order, Amaka got an alert of N5, 000, 000 (Five Million naira), which she didn't notice initially was N5, 000, 000 until when the guy asked her to recheck the alert she got, telling her that he mistakenly transferred 5M instead of 50k as promised.

Both headed to the bank in the guy's car. He told Amaka to withdraw the entire 5M from the bank, pay whatever charges and hand over the cash to him. He as well upgraded Amaka's cash gift to 100k. Amaka who was already elated dashed into the bank, while the guy sat comfortably in his car outside the bank premises. About 30 minutes later, Amaka was back in the guy's car and handed over the cash to him, having collected her N100k. She was dropped off few minutes after and she boarded a taxi to her house with indescribable happiness written over her face. What a day she exclaimed as she opened the door to her house. No sex, no request for sex, no touch, no even a hug and she was given N100K. It was simply unbelievable to her.

A week later Amaka was at her bank's ATM to withdraw some cash, but the card got trapped. She went into the bank to lodge a complaint and possibly retrieve her card, but instead of giving her the card, she was handed over to the Police and that was how she was brought to my office.

Police investigations linked Amaka's bank account to a sum of Five Million naira moved from a certain company's account that was hacked into by some fraudsters.

Investigation is ongoing, but until Amaka produces the guy she alleged transferred the said money to her, of course whose Facebook is no longer in existence and phone number inactive and the guy also admits to have made the said transfer to Amaka, Amaka will definitely be contesting her innocence in the court of law, where she will be charged for fraud.

Times are perilous, my people. The criminals are obviously getting wiser and you must remain vigilant in order not to be tacitly involved in a crime you know nothing about. Secure your account details and report to the Police if you receive any suspicious credit alert.

Learn from the mistakes of others.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/11/young-lady-lands-in-police-net-after-man-transferred-n5m-into-her-account.html

Amaka why?
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by abbasajao(m): 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2018
drealzum:
I don't understand this story.
so why did the guy do this?

Okay get it wright now. The guy has involved in a fraudulent act and he needed to get the fraudulent money without a trace so he looks for an account to use as a conduit of money laundry and Amaka falls victim.

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2018
fashrola:

She was taken to a fast food outlet.... If there's a CCTV then it would make it easy for him to be traced
lol.. most of those CCTV cameras no longer work. I want to believe a camera should have caught the number plate of his car at the bank
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by FREEMADNESS: 4:09pm On Nov 12, 2018
Pajapaja:

Is Ipob a tribe ?
Clown!

Why are you hitting your head on the floor ?
When did Ipob become a tribe in Nigeria .
Last time I checked Ipob is a terrorist group .
It shall never be well wit them and everyone supporting them .
Nonsense !

u just proved u can kill anybody from d said tribe for No reason, just tribal hatred!!!
u really nid to listen to Lucky Dube songs for a start.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by naijacartoon: 4:31pm On Nov 12, 2018
this type of Amaka self no come be the one 2baba Sing about.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by MackyO(f): 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2018
Nawaa o,this is an eye opener. Criminals getting wiser by the day. On Amaka's part,i dnt knw what to say but i pity her somehow.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by agrovick(m): 4:50pm On Nov 12, 2018
That's why I laugh at the greedy mofos on twitter who are always eager to drop account numbers.

Una mumu go last
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by drealzum(m): 4:58pm On Nov 12, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
really? You don't know why he did it? Okay..

He is a fraudster who got to hack into a company's account, if he transfers the money to himself or anyone who knows him, the fraud can be traced back to him and he'd get arrested. Now, on social media, there are a lot if people who want free Money regardless of where it comes from so the guy promised her free money which she wanted from a total stranger. Note that she doesn't know him or where he lives and she only knows the name he gave her which may not be his real name and phone numbers can easily be discarded. So this is the smart thing he did even though it is a crime... He set up a meeting with her, made her feel comfortable, took her account details, while he was with her, he hacked into the companies account and transferred 5M to her and pretended it was a mistake so they went to her bank and withdrew the money(the fraud will not be noticed immediately so the bank won't be alerted yet) which she gave to him in cash. He rewarded her with 100k for the trouble she'll enter because by the time she gets arrested, he'll be nowhere to be found even though he might still be in the city but then, she doesn't know his real name or have his real phone number, she doesn't know where he lives so she can't lead the police to go and have him arrested. He can easily go to his bank and deposit 4.9 million naira in tiny bits and nobody will suspect him and he has no feelings whatsoever for the girl so it won't be hard for him to endanger her.

Hope you understand now?

Thank you.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by coachwilcox(m): 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2018
It's very common here in the USA as well. Person go ask you if Dem fit pay money into your account here once you gree, dem go give maga your account number and next thing, bank don close your account and leave am in negative

Collection go enter you. No credit , loan or anything again that na if criminal charges no enter.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by LeanonGOD(m): 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2018
I BLAME the bank - the bank should have placed an hold on the account for few days - for the fact that such huge amount has never been deposited into the account.
When my father's house was sold, the money was paid to my eldest sister's account - she had never had more than 20k in her account, her bank place an hold on the account until all the necessary documents regarding the sale of the property was presented to them,.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by kjhova(m): 5:11pm On Nov 12, 2018
quinnboy:
Innocent girl..... Anyone can fall victim.... Stop insulting the poor girl

Everyone referring to her as a girl...she is 33 oh! So not a girl.

You are right thou, a 33 years old still single is quite vulnerable to this type of scam and it is so unfair for people to abuse her.

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by quinnboy: 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
Tattooboy:
Oh really? Someone will just dash 100k like that and you won't be suspicious?
wow!...how much is 100k?
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by cyberguy72(m): 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
yes they are those fools deceived to believe that ritual will bring you wealth. Those native doctors are the real scammers because how can u allow a poor wretched old fool to deceive you into ritual... See my guy i have seen guys do those wire and believe me that thing works o, I only pitty their clients that later gets bursted but over there the law will understand you were only used...u know y these guys are now doing it here locally is because the bank security abroad has so much increased an d tighted so the wire thing is only successful in 1 of of like 300 trails....most of them even go as far as traveling to south Africa or other countries to do it and it has become very trackable that some even destroy the laptop plus every gadget used in doing it..
To all those believing in rituals stop it now, rituals is the a fraudulent way native doctors use to swindle your money in the disguise of helpiny you. There's even a video of YouTube where a native doctor said they normally push the Boyz to ritual so they can get caught by the police.
There is nothing like wire shit all of them Na ritualists.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by PrincewithGod(m): 5:59pm On Nov 12, 2018
Pajapaja:

A criminal should be freed ?
Define tolerance. You piece of shit
God bless you, my brother.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Roon9(m): 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2018
Juell:

I'm sure you didn't read the story

No bro, you didn't read the story. She's the dumbest ever
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Mosco100(m): 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2018
The criminal is not very wise, his wisdom is inferior to the wisdom of wiser criminals who have tried defrauding me. I knew such could happen in Nigeria
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Nowenuse: 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
ThankYouGod:
I doubt this story.

You can't withdraw 4.9m with ATM card in a day.

She went inside the bank to make the withdrawal. Read the story well.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by ELJC(m): 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
kjhova:

Everyone referring to her as a girl...she is 33 oh! So not a girl.

You are right thou, a 33 years old still single is quite vulnerable to this type of scam and it is so unfair for people to abuse her.
mumu na him mak she neva marry, that curse her broke eX placed on her have finally caught up with her.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Nowenuse: 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2018
mapet:

As far as the law is concerned, Amaka's act of withdrawal of the money does not even make her an accessory to the crime but the prime suspect/only accused. As far as the police/law is concerned, the guy does not exist except Amaka can produce him.

Amaka has proofs of her chats and phone conversations with this guy. At least, her network provider can provide the registration details of the SIM number the guy used in calling her. Don't you think she can be acquitted with this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] / When Karma Comes In The Form Of A Masculine Gay Rapist / H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.