Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account (54737 Views)

Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial / Painter Kills Grace Ajibola In Ibadan After Finding N2 Million In Her Account / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by abbasajao(m): 6:56pm On Nov 12, 2018
coolh3ad:

I have a First Bank Savings account and can withdraw N1 million....

You can actually withdraw any amount from either saving or current account if you can bear charges on the excess of #500,000 and 3million for saving and current account respectfully.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by otomatic(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
Newboss:

Can you really transfer 4.9m via mobile transfer? angry
Remember, the money was transferred from a business account which usually have high limits, or through some other methods that have high limitsangry

The main thing is to always return the money through the means and channel it was received. angry That's a key part of anti-money laundering laws. angry

But this case, the lady was definitely pushed to a very tight corner where it would take a really exposed person to get out of angry Because you definitely can't transfer 4.9m via quickteller angry

I believe it was via internet banking. She could have asked the bank to do the reversal if not for what she stood to gain.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by otomatic(m): 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2018
mapet:

I believe the first action is to call the bank and inform them of a suspicious transaction on your account. Tell them you were not expecting any money of the sort and ask them to investigate and reverse. The bank can freeze the money and subsequently advise you on options......which will culminate in officially informing the police

She was expecting money. Just that the amount was not what she expected.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by gowaga68: 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2018
What a dangerous world we are.

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by mamawin(f): 7:49pm On Nov 12, 2018
Juell:

Why bring tribe into this? There's really a big problem with this generation, can't issues be discussed without bringing tribe into it?
I'm ashamed of this and probably the next generation
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Newboss(m): 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2018
otomatic:

I believe it was via internet banking. She could have asked the bank to do the reversal if not for what she stood to gain.
You need token for internet banking angry At least a company can't be too careless to run an account with internet banking without a physical token angry
Yeah, she should have angry
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by CDCEO001: 8:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
Nyereke confusion.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by smasher1(m): 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2018
dearie:
It's a common trick that has landed several people in jail.

The right thing to do when someone sends money into ur account and asks you to withdraw or return same...Run to The bank and report it.

They would arrest you the same for receiving stolen money. Don't ever use your account as a transit account, because it could be fraudulent transaction or your account may be used for money laundering.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by bantudra: 9:48pm On Nov 12, 2018
Favor99:

Please stop with the tribalism.
Let’s be kind and respectful to everyone and every ethnic group

i like you....if somebody like you would even care what i comment on nairaland,that means am not that bad....

but am afraid your efforts and pleadings is futile.... undecided undecided

your type of soul is very rare today in this shitty world....

1 Like

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Favor99(m): 10:12pm On Nov 12, 2018
bantudra:

i like you....if somebody like you would even care what i comment on nairaland,that means am not that bad....

but am afraid your efforts and pleadings is futile.... undecided undecided

your type of soul is very rare today in this shitty world....

Thanks cool
Lol it’s true, this world has a lot of real bad people making it real crappy.
Hopefully my efforts are not in vain and people will listen and treat their fellow brothers and sisters with respect.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by bantudra: 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2018
Favor99:

Thanks cool
Lol it’s true, this world has a lot of real bad people making it real crappy.
Hopefully my efforts are not in vain and people will listen and treat their fellow brothers and sisters with respect.

bros,if am overdoing it again just tell me to stop and i will stop immediately...i respect you...to them,i just say bring it on...!!!!...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Eddy90(m): 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
Hmm
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Favor99(m): 11:32pm On Nov 12, 2018
bantudra:

bros,if am overdoing it again just tell me to stop and i will stop immediately...i respect you...to them,i just say bring it on...!!!!...
Thanks so much bro. I have a lot of respect for you as well. smiley
Thanks
Yes please we should with tribalism.
Not many people realize It’s very detrimental to our country.
But we all learn from our mistakes and we move forward. No one is perfect.
It starts by doing good things for others, even something as simple as greeting someone or helping them. We should be courteous to all ethnic groups, even those we deem our enemies
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by gameboyo: 12:40am On Nov 13, 2018
speedyconnect3:
She will go free later. The poster is engaging in scaremongering and sabrerattling.

And those shouting Amaka is stupid make me cringe.

Such could have happened with any other transaction.

What if Amaka was a baker or designer and he was only paying for services rendered.?

Police will be unable to establish any case against the lady!

Btw story looks fictitious.
Paying for services from who's account?
Seems u are not getting it
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by bantudra: 12:50am On Nov 13, 2018
Favor99:

Thanks so much bro. I have a lot of respect for you as well. smiley
Thanks
Yes please we should with tribalism.
Not many people realize It’s very detrimental to our country.
But we all learn from our mistakes and we move forward. No one is perfect.
It starts by doing good things for others, even something as simple as greeting someone or helping them. We should be courteous to all ethnic groups, even those we deem our enemies

but you must understand too that turning the other chick doesnt work in this shitty world...

under turning the other chick,they understand only turning the other butt chick so that they can yansh you better....!!

sorry bro.....just the way it is.... undecided undecided

fight or perish....!!!!....i may seem harsh to you,but when you realy understand how nasty they realy are,you wouldnt care trying to make peace with them....

sorry....
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Favor99(m): 1:54am On Nov 13, 2018
bantudra:

but you must understand too that turning the other chick doesnt work in this shitty world...

under turning the other chick,they understand only turning the other butt chick so that they can yansh you better....!!

sorry bro.....just the way it is.... undecided undecided

fight or perish....!!!!....i may seem harsh to you,but when you realy understand how nasty they realy are,you wouldnt care trying to make peace with them....

sorry....
Through my experiences in life I’ve seen that the teachings of Jesus and the prophets in the Bible are actually true and everything the Bible said was correct.
That’s why I live by it and do everything said in the Bible. But my brother, I understand you that this world is very evil and people can be crummy.

But we can overcome the evils of the world by turning to Christ and doing as he says. It means you must read the Bible at least a chapter a day especially New Testament.
Don’t rely on what it taught in these churches.

These Pentecostal churches only give a fraction of what we are supposed to get. They teach prosperity gospel and is not real accurate.

If we keep fighting each other and lashing at each other the country will tear apart in hate and bitter civil war like what has occurred in some African countries.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by anibueli147(m): 2:15am On Nov 13, 2018
CastedDude:
A police detective has taken to social media to enlighten Nigerians about another trick being used by fraudsters on unsuspecting victims.  

Ogbonnaya Nwota, revealed that a young lady simply identified as Amaka, is currently in police custody after she was involved in a fraud case of N5 million which was paid into her account by a "good Samaritan" from Facebook who later rewarded her with N100,000. 

Read below what the detective shared on Facebook; 

She went down on her knees as she was ushered into my office, weeping uncontrollably, she muttered, 'Officer, please, help me. I need your help. Yes, I acted stupidly, but I didn't do it'. Having comported herself, I demanded to know her story regarding a case of fraud of N5, 000, 000 (Five Million Naira) I was investigating.

Amaka, 33, tall, elegant, hippy and busty, a young graduate in Owerri, is an active netizen of social media. She belongs to many Facebook groups. On one of the groups, the Admin on a Sunday morning asked members to post their account details, as someone maybe touched to 'do Sunday' for them. Different account details flowed ceaselessly on the group's platform and few confessed how some hitherto unknown persons have credited their accounts. Amaka got a chat up from someone who promised to send money to her the following day being Monday. The duo chatted for about 15 minutes on Facebook with the man bragging how money wasn't his problem but a good lady to spend it on. They ended up booking an appointment to see each other the following day since both of them stay in same city.

Both kept to the time of their appointment and in a few minutes, ordered for food in an exquisite eatery where the meeting was taken place. The guy re-emphasized how wealthy a man he is to Amaka and promised to see her more often, when he returns from his intended overseas trip. The guy was glued to his phone and ipad, pressing them interchangeably and smiling intermittently at no one in particular. As they were about to leave, he told Amaka to expect an alert of N50, 000 from him and while he was paying the bills for their order, Amaka got an alert of N5, 000, 000 (Five Million naira), which she didn't notice initially was N5, 000, 000 until when the guy asked her to recheck the alert she got, telling her that he mistakenly transferred 5M instead of 50k as promised.

Both headed to the bank in the guy's car. He told Amaka to withdraw the entire 5M from the bank, pay whatever charges and hand over the cash to him. He as well upgraded Amaka's cash gift to 100k. Amaka who was already elated dashed into the bank, while the guy sat comfortably in his car outside the bank premises. About 30 minutes later, Amaka was back in the guy's car and handed over the cash to him, having collected her N100k. She was dropped off few minutes after and she boarded a taxi to her house with indescribable happiness written over her face. What a day she exclaimed as she opened the door to her house. No sex, no request for sex, no touch, no even a hug and she was given N100K. It was simply unbelievable to her.

A week later Amaka was at her bank's ATM to withdraw some cash, but the card got trapped. She went into the bank to lodge a complaint and possibly retrieve her card, but instead of giving her the card, she was handed over to the Police and that was how she was brought to my office.

Police investigations linked Amaka's bank account to a sum of Five Million naira moved from a certain company's account that was hacked into by some fraudsters.

Investigation is ongoing, but until Amaka produces the guy she alleged transferred the said money to her, of course whose Facebook is no longer in existence and phone number inactive and the guy also admits to have made the said transfer to Amaka, Amaka will definitely be contesting her innocence in the court of law, where she will be charged for fraud.

Times are perilous, my people. The criminals are obviously getting wiser and you must remain vigilant in order not to be tacitly involved in a crime you know nothing about. Secure your account details and report to the Police if you receive any suspicious credit alert.

Learn from the mistakes of others.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/11/young-lady-lands-in-police-net-after-man-transferred-n5m-into-her-account.html

amaka disappoint me
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by otomatic(m): 8:55am On Nov 13, 2018
Newboss:

You need token for internet banking angry At least a company can't be too careless to run an account with internet banking without a physical token angry
Yeah, she should have angry

True. But there are e-tokens that you can download to your mobile device in case your hardware token is not handy. And this is a case of hacking.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by mapet: 7:57am On Nov 14, 2018
otomatic:

She was expecting money. Just that the amount was not what she expected.

Even if it was 50,000 paid into her account and was established that she did not notify the authorities/bank of the suspicious transaction and that she cashed it, she will be arrested.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by mapet: 8:04am On Nov 14, 2018
LeanonGOD:
I BLAME the bank - the bank should have placed an hold on the account for few days - for the fact that such huge amount has never been deposited into the account.
When my father's house was sold, the money was paid to my eldest sister's account - she had never had more than 20k in her account, her bank place an hold on the account until all the necessary documents regarding the sale of the property was presented to them,.

I don't know what country you're in and referring to in the reference above....but definitely not Nigeria. The bank has absolutely NO RIGHT to place a hold on monies deposited into customer account except on the instruction of Courts, Police, EFCC or NFU. The bank CANNOT ask you to present documents in order to cash monies in your account. They are only obliged to inform the EFCC if you're are about to make a transfer of an amount above the legal limit.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by mapet: 8:09am On Nov 14, 2018
Nowenuse:

Amaka has proofs of her chats and phone conversations with this guy. At least, her network provider can provide the registration details of the SIM number the guy used in calling her. Don't you think she can be acquitted with this?

He chats and phone conversation with the guy are not legally admissible to exonerate her. The network can provide registration details of the said number,,,,,,but your guess is as good as mine, no criminal will use his phone to make calls. Evans had more than 5 phones dedicated to his business and it was difficult to even trace 3 of those lines until sophisticated tracking device was acquired.......this line of argument is a dead end bro
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by kjhova(m): 9:23am On Nov 14, 2018
ELJC:
mumu na him mak she neva marry, that curse her broke eX placed on her have finally caught up with her.

Thank the stars for your life. Some other people are not that lucky in life.

I really don't think it is so hard to show compassion to another human being.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Newboss(m): 12:32pm On Nov 14, 2018
mapet:

I don't know what country you're in and referring to in the reference above....but definitely not Nigeria. The bank has absolutely NO RIGHT to place a hold on monies deposited into customer account except on the instruction of Courts, Police, EFCC or NFU. The bank CANNOT ask you to present documents in order to cash monies in your account. They are only obliged to inform the EFCC if you're are about to make a transfer of an amount above the legal limit.
They actually do have the rightangry Nigerian financial system compiles with global anti money laundering laws angry

Maybe in Russia or China where there's nothing like anti money laundering angry Once your money is stolen and it enters any one of those countries, just forget about the money because no one can help you angry

So be careful angry
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by mapet: 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2018
Newboss:

They actually do have the rightangry Nigerian financial system compiles with global anti money laundering laws angry

Maybe in Russia or China where there's nothing like anti money laundering angry Once your money is stolen and it enters any one of those countries, just forget about the money because no one can help you angry

So be careful angry

Then you put it in proper perspective. If an international transfer is flagged, yes they will put a hold on the money and it will not even hit your account in the first place. If money is already in your account, the bank requires legal (court, police, EFCC etc) directive to hold it. The bank cannot be held liable for a transaction that was not flagged and paid out. That responsibility is with the account owner.
Re: Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account by Newboss(m): 7:07pm On Nov 14, 2018
mapet:

Then you put it in proper perspective. If an international transfer is flagged, yes they will put a hold on the money and it will not even hit your account in the first place. If money is already in your account, the bank requires legal (court, police, EFCC etc) directive to hold it. The bank cannot be held liable for a transaction that was not flagged and paid out. That responsibility is with the account owner.

Do you know that a customer's bank is 100% liable if a penny is stolen from the customer's account? angry All banks watch one another's back, especially in Nigeria angry So that means that if there's any air of fraud around any financial transaction, the bank in whose custody the money is at that moment MUST withhold the funds and report to their anti money laundering unit for investigation. angry If there's any sign of fraud associated with the money (after investigation), EFCC is invited to take over, else they let the owner of the fund have their fund angry

There's massive money laundering going on locally at every point in time. angry Kidnappers, armed robbers, fraudsters, etc, launder funds all the time angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When Karma Comes In The Form Of A Masculine Gay Rapist / We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] / H.Money: EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, Hemeson Edson Edwin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.