Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (819913 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shinefelicity: 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2018
kfrosh:
Hello house.

Please I have a question for those that used ICES. I have registered my profile using my personal address. But on the second thought, I want to use a Canadian address to save cost and for faster process.

The problem now is, it's seems my profile information is locked. Is there a way I can edit my address.
I would appreciate a quick response. Thank you

OR

Can I just go ahead with payment and the evaluation, hoping I'll be able to change ECA delivery address later on during the application.

Send them a mail, they will acknowledge within 24 hours. Changed my address too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Zeiya(f): 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2018
daicee:
Ok. Thanks. Congratulations too!!!

I went to the vfs office here in Abuja to ask them about the vfs India on my letter.....if its a mistake.

And the lady that handled my inquiry there said she doesnt know, and that I could come back on monday, hopefully by then, she would have an answer.

Please Zeiya, can you kindly help me with details of your submission.....money paid and all that. Mine is a family of 3. So that I can prepare.

God bless you.

I paid #71,710 family of 4.

Each person is about 17kplus. Check their website for the exact amount
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zannie(f): 4:45pm On Dec 09, 2018
Cutebabe0002:
Alhamdulillah!!! (3X) - PPR!!! At last
Apologies for my late post
Family size : 4

Summary
IELTS: January 20th passed on 2nd February 2018
ECA: 23rd March
EE profile: 26 March
CRS:453
ITA: April 13 2018
AOR: 9th July 2018
ADR-1: 25th July 2018
MED: Can’t remember but I think it is July 31st 2018
ADR -2: 7th November 2018
First PPR : 15th November 2018 dated 14th November 2018
Second PPR: 7th December 2018 dated 6th December 2018
VO: Ottawa
Travel experience: Nil

Congratulations! May you flourish in the new land

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2018
Congratulations.
Cutebabe0002:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
@dumprep safe journey Sis kiss

@Ethelia, Hi Sis, long time. Hope you're doing great in your new countr
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by olajide21: 5:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
Summary
Sent you a PM

[/quote]

Sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by beges: 5:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
[quote author=Cutebabe0002 post=73691693]Alhamdulillah!!! (3X) - PPR!!! At last

Summary

Long Post

God has been wonderful to me since I began my canny waka in 2017. I’m not the best of writers, so pardon me for my poor grammar (@raphrulz don’t come for me with -1/10 please).

My sincere appreciation goes to Nairaland people, at some point I felt you guys live online cuz you reply mails in few minutes and your posts have been very helpful. Kudos!!! . Please keep up the good work.

In July 2017 - I can’t recollect the exact date but my friend called me
Licious : Ogbeni wa je ki a gbiyanju Canada IELTS yi ko le(Guy lets try out this canada,IELTS is not hard), people dey pass am, Let’s register for it.
Me: I no fit stress myself jare , my work is demanding plus I dey broke (my mini phone biz was not doing well-lost all my savings ).

16th December 2017 - This was the day I made up my mind to start this Canada Journey, at this point I only had only 100k in my account(sold a phone the previous day with 78k profit). I drove down to my friends house - he helped me register for IELTS and I paid for my school’s transcript (LAUTECH were school).

IELTS :I did my exam January 20th passed on 2nd February 2018 - This my my first and only attempt. I remembered being overwhelmed after checking the results that I got confused. I just sent out my result to my friend, my sister and her husband to ask if I passed(barely passed 8.5/7/7/7). Lol

ECA - I decided to go with ICES cuz I don’t want story that touch with WES verification considering LAUTECH can go on strike for another two(2) years. I made my submission in January 2018 and got my evaluation via UPS on March 23 , 2018.
ITA - I filled my express entry application and submitted March 26th. I got ITA April 11
Documentation : Then the hustle for documentation started. I got the sample template for employer reference here on nairaland and sent it to my head of HR directly. Baba being a nice guy prepared it and signed it same day.

Proof of Fund: People don’t really talk much about this. If we all had our Proof of Funds most of us won’t consider Canada(Don’t quote me). .This was the time I knew my real friends and family. I was looking for CAD 23,181(My spouse was pregnant) but if I was able to get CAD 19, 093 that will be fine. Close to the end of 90 days grace period - God came through for me, Yes I got close to CAD 22,000 equivalent in my GTB Savings account.I had enough inflow and outflow that I wasn’t worried about redflag of any huge deposit. All the POF money came in in bits (100k to 500k) cuz I didn’t want to go through the Gift deed wahala.
My POF was generic GTB Six Months Statement of Account (49 pages). I struggled to compress it to the required 4MB.

Medicals - I booked Medicals for Family of three(3) with Children practice on Tuesday July 3rd - I gave the lady at the reception the passport and biodata pages . Then Gbagaun!!! she told me straight up that I won’t be able to do my medicals as my Passport is less than Six(6) months to expiry. I was like Mogbe!!! I called Ikoyi Passport Office contact. Dude told me no Passport pages available that I should go to Ibadan. I called ibadan and was told no 32 pages passport that I should proceed to Ekiti. All these was happening when my ITA expires in 8 days. In short- drove down to Ibadan next day - did 64 pages (for 39k) and got it same day. I drove down to Ikoyi Children practice the following day and did medicals.

AOR- Submitted my Application July 9th 2018 and spent the weekend creating vetting and uploading documents. Payment was made using GTB dollar Mastercard.

ADR: 25th July I got ADR for my spouse which had a missing information between 2009/06 to 2009/09/ and 2017/04/01 to 2018/07/09. Lesson: try and ensure we don’t overlap or miss out timeline.

Silence - The period of constant checking of my profile without update. I know it is not easy o but please let’s just leave the account. When there is an update. You will get an email.

1st Nov 218 - God blessed my family with a baby girl on 1st Nov 218. I was so busy with the baby’s stuffs that I forgot to raise a CSC for the newborn.
3rd Nov 2018 – I decided to raise a CSC for the new baby and started gathering documents.
7th Nov 2018 – I got a response to my CSC that I should contact Ottawa via email to inform them of my new family addition.
I immediately sent a mail to Ottawa – informing them of my new family addition. Then things got interesting … I got an ADR - Travel History Info Form and Passport pages(we don't have any travel history) same day for my spouse and I. I couldn’t wait to get to the office the following day to scan the passports which made me result to using my smartphone to snap the and merge the Passport pages –
At the point I felt PPR was close – deep down I was praying that my baby should be added before PPR is issued.

12th Nov 2018- Did my Baby’s Passport at Ibadan (Yes I took the risk of Lagos Ibadan for the 1 day passport)

13th Nov 2018 - Brought her back to Lagos for Medicals at IOM Ikeja- the lady at the reception was kind enough to attend to us without appointment cuz my baby was just 13 days old.

15th Nov 2018 - First PPR - the mail(dated 14th November 2018) came like Russian Phishing mail in my inbox. I was so happy but at the same time worried since my mail to ottawa hasn’t been replied.
I decided to send a follow-up mail to Ottawa attaching all the required documents as specified in @niobe77 post.

20th Nov: I logged and saw application/profile update but didn’t see any update
21st Nov: I logged and saw application/profile update and yes I saw that they've included my baby's name on the list of dependants)

22nd Nov: I received a notification for an update on my profile but still didn't see any additional update.

7th Dec 2018- I check nairaland and saw @hachikaru post that he/she received PPR that we should all check our emails. I checked mine and lo and behold I saw the Golden-Indian mail.

Thanks to @Joo2018 and @Newmum0615 for always responding to my mails.

**I’m using my spouse’s moniker cuz I use mine for business here on Nairaland.

Congratulations!! Please what should one do when ones wife is 7 months due and receive PPR?
Should we carry on to make travel plans or inform VO?

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by beges: 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2018
[quote author=beges post=73693552][/quote]
Congratulations!! Please what should one do when ones wife is 7 months due and receive PPR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
beges:

you don't need to do anything, EXCEPT if you are planning to deliver the child in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wisdom4today: 5:26pm On Dec 09, 2018
Congratulations Zeiya! You story is very inspiring.

Please house about the bolded and coloured, is it really necessary to clearly you social media contents as Zeiya did? If yes, what should be cleared?

Zeiya:
Men this PPR rain reach my side ooooooooo.

From here I got the importance of online presence, I created a LinkedIn profile this year, updated it and filled it with people. I cleared all my side business from my Facebook account and did the same for my hubby. I was lucky my company has a very strong online presence.

It has ended in praise for me. Yours is loading

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wisdom4today: 5:26pm On Dec 09, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 5:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
And so Ifeoma77 sealed her visit with this wonderful package.
Can't wait to land in Lagos and wash this kilishi down with a cold bottle of stout grin
Thanks babe.

PS: All you long-throats should go and buy your own. I am not sharing. angry

32 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2018
Not necessarily clear the contents of your pages. Just ensure that you don't have any contradictory or inflammatory content on there. For example, you can't be saying you worked as an accountant from 2015 to 2018 in Company A and then have a totally different job in another company within the same time period, doing a totally different job role from what you stated on your application. Also, don't have a Facebook post that shows you supporting criminal or terrorist acts. In short, ensure you don't have anything that can implicate you. Shikena.
My GCMS notes stated thus "Online presence showed nothing of concern"
wisdom4today:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Trizadove: 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2018
yorex2011:

Congratulations sir!!

God bless you and your family.

I'm planning to start mine sometime in January/February. Starting with IELTS.

I'm tapping from your blessings if you dont mind cheesy cheesy

please i need us to work together. i sent you a PM already. i need someone to walk this journey with me. starting jan/feb too.
kindly respond so that we can hook up outside here
thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2018
Cutebabe0002:
Family

**I’m using my spouse’s moniker cuz I use mine for business here on Nairaland.

Whaoooo this is beautiful.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wisdom4today: 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
Ok. Thanks. I was getting bothered, because I do a lot through social media.

Newmum0615:
Not necessarily clear the contents of your pages. Just ensure that you don't have any contradictory or inflammatory content on there. For example, you can't be saying you worked as an accountant from 2015 to 2018 in Company A and then have a totally different job in another company within the same time period, doing a totally different job role from what you stated on your application. Also, don't have a Facebook post that shows you supporting criminal or terrorist acts. In short, ensure you don't have anything that can implicate you. Shikena.
My GCMS notes stated thus "Online presence showed nothing of concern"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mizGene(f): 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
iaatmguy:
you don't need to do anything, EXCEPT if you are planning to deliver the child in Nigeria

Hmm. What is the implication if they are going to one of those provinces where there is a 3 month wait for health insurance? If they have to pay cash for the delivery will they be entitled to a refund? ? Just wondering...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josefuadjr: 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2018
Newmum0615:
Can't wait to land in Lagos and wash this kilishi down with a cold bottle of stout grin
Thanks babe.

Okay, so ifeoma77 is female. Puzzle solved. I can now leave 2018 behind in peace...phew.

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by daicee: 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
Ok. Thanks!

Zeiya:

I paid #71,710 family of 4.

Each person is about 17kplus. Check their website for the exact amount
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by daicee: 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2018
daicee:
Hello everyone,...

I have been thinking of a way to sort out sending our passports....and I thought I should ask here.

My mail says I should send our passports to vfs India or Nepal.

I am the primary applicant...and I am currently here in Nigeria.

Hubby is currently out of the country...Work.

****MY QUESTIONS****

Can we make our submissions separately? OR

Is it okay for me to send him our(mine and our child) passports for him to submit? Can he submit even though he is not the primary applicant?

Please anyone that has answers or who did something similar, kindly help me with answers....cos I am not sure what to do.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2018
Wooow! Alhamdulilah Robil Alameen. This is God's wonder and it shall continue to abide with u & family. What a juicy story line. No worry am giving u 9/10 on behalf of our script marker(lols)
CONGRATULATIONS!! [quote author=Cutebabe0002 post=73691693]Alhamdulillah!!! (3X) - PPR!!! At last

Summary
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
Newmum0615:
And so Ifeom.a77 sealed her visit with this wonderful package.
Thanks babe.

Wish we had more time to gossip and plan coup against prof Snape cheesy it was awesome finally meeting you. Hope your flight home was smooth.

Guys, if you want to visualise Newmum, think of a Tyra Banks + Ashwarya Rai mashup. She is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!
As beautiful on the outside as she is on the inside.

35 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
Josefuadjr:

Okay, so ifeoma7.7 is female. Puzzle solved. I can now leave 2018 behind in peace...phew.

What if I sent a decoy?

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 6:50pm On Dec 09, 2018
mizGene:

Hmm. What is the implication if they are going to one of those provinces where there is a 3 month wait for health insurance? If they have to pay cash for the delivery will they be entitled to a refund? ? Just wondering...
no refunds, i guess you mean ontario, refunds are only for daycare

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:59pm On Dec 09, 2018
From someone's GCMS notes, Looks like having too much POF is also a problem
grin grin
cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 09, 2018
Aww. Thanks sis kiss kiss

Bracing up for my maybelline voluminizing mascara.

Ifeoma77:
@dumprep safe journey Sis kiss

@Ethelia, Hi Sis, long time. Hope you're doing great in your new countr

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
Ifeoma77:
From someone's GCMS notes, Looks like having too much POF is also a problem
grin grin
cry
That's a lot of money. Over 10x of the required PoF! Red flag straight

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
Newmum0615:
Thanks babe.

Nice stuff!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tolextonia: 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2018
D4eva:
Anyone needs a Q-Life slot for 13th December? Single applicant.
[color=#006600][/color]

Yes please. I need it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Abiodunnn(f): 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2018
Good day all,
I apologise if this question has been asked previously but i haven't personally come across it.

Going through this thread, i observe majority that have gotten CoPR have MSc,MBAs etc; how feasible is it for one in her late twenties with ONLY BSc, 3+ work experience, married get a CRS above 440 because randomly trying with the CRS tool gives me about 430-ish all the time. I would like to know before i start to invest timeand money.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kfrosh: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2018
That's why you need an additional degree to get higher than 441 CRS score.
A masters with IELTS result of 8777 will push you to 470's.
But page 1 needs your attention. Peruse it well.
Abiodunnn:
Good day all,
I apologise if this question has been asked previously but i haven't personally come across it.

Going through this thread, i observe majority that have gotten CoPR have MSc,MBAs etc; how feasible is it for one in her late twenties with ONLY BSc, 3+ work experience, married get a CRS above 440 because randomly trying with the CRS tool gives me about 430-ish all the time. I would like to know before i start to invest timeand money.

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.