Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,131 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (826860 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Godisincontrol: 8:55am On Dec 29, 2018
Josefuadjr:
Dear people of God, I've seen over a million exchange rates online. Shey 3.5m is okay as POF. So I'll submit this thing before this people increase puff puff in Jainuary

To be on the safe side use the blackmarket rate to do your conversion(you can use abokifx). Going by that, its about 280-295. Multiply that by the 12475 and see if you can make up the balance(if I were you, I would use the upper limit of 295). By so doing whether there is an increase or not, you are safe.

Oanda.com and XE.com will give you a lesser rate though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Transformium: 8:57am On Dec 29, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Yes it's possible to use your SOA. Add LOE to explain why you couldn't get in person.
Compliments of the season to you too

Thanks Ify. Would do just that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Transformium: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2018

@Fyorgyn.. Thanks for your input. Your situation is very similar to mine. I would include the electronic statements when I submit my application.

Thanks once again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by pejuhazel(f): 9:02am On Dec 29, 2018
I used my driver's license.
junebaby:
Good morning everyone, Compliment of the season.

I need help. Peeps who had to get UK PCC which of the documents did you use to prove address. Our PHCN bill is not in our name. If Bank statement was used, what period did u print. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Surygirl: 9:03am On Dec 29, 2018
junebaby:

I need help. Peeps who had to get UK PCC which of the documents did you use to prove address. Our PHCN bill is not in our name. If Bank statement was used, what period did u print. Thank you.

You can use your bank statement. I just printed for the past month(1 month)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Godisincontrol: 9:03am On Dec 29, 2018
As an aside, for those using Tbills, the upfront interest that you will be paid as well as the invested sum can be used as POF. What I mean is assuming you invested 3.5m and the interest paid to you is 200k,you have 3.7m as POF. All you need do is add the Tbills certificate and a statement of your account showing the 200k and whatever is left in your account.

In your cover note for POF you list/tabulate them and sum it up and you are good.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:05am On Dec 29, 2018
joo2018:
2 gists. Naija, naija.

A. I was with some friends doing Friday night out, when one mentioned they had just sent forth a friend to Canada.
"Express entry?", I asked.
"No, " he replied. "The wife had been in US for 2+ years before moving to Canada.
Light bulb! "Refugee claim?".
"Yes, she settled it and now the whole family is going"

B. While doing biometrics at vfs the other day.
A mature lady came to sit in line at our back. After a moment, she leaned forward.
"I hope they are not going to ask interview questions," she asked.
Taken aback, I said no.
"Thank God," she said. "I have been rejected by the American embassy 2 times, those people can ask tough questions."
Now curious, I asked, "Are you here for permanent residence, student visa or temporary residence"
She looked at me strangely and said in Yoruba, "I don't understand your English"
So I asked her in the same language, "What do you want to go and do in Canada?"
"To work," she replied. "My agent asked me to come here today. That this is the next stage".
Shocked, I mumbled Ok and leaned back in my seat.
Oh to be a fly on the wall when she meets back with her agent after getting a TRV not a work permit (that's if she gets it)

Sigh...
There's a special place in hell reserved for fraudulent agents

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 9:24am On Dec 29, 2018
Godisincontrol:
As an aside, for those using Tbills, the upfront interest that you will be paid as well as the invested sum can be used as POF. What I mean is assuming you invested 3.5m and the interest paid to you is 200k,you have 3.7m as POF. All you need do is add the Tbills certificate and a statement of your account showing the 200k and whatever is left in your account.

In your cover note for POF you list/tabulate them and sum it up and you are good.

Depending on how flexible your investors are you can even ask them to reinvest your upfront. That is you'll get tbills worth 3.7m based on your example above. Or something like that (I'm not very good with money).

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by OYASALOF(f): 9:29am On Dec 29, 2018
Hello, I used my temporary voters card and you no longer need to use two documents for proof of address.

junebaby:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by oyejum: 9:38am On Dec 29, 2018
@MODielts,

Please when will 15th December 2018 results be released? Should it be expected before Tuesday or people should wait till 4th January 2019?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by engrkaz(m): 9:52am On Dec 29, 2018
I had my IELTS on the 15th of December. LRSW: 7.5,9,7.5,6.5.... So sad....WIll try again next month

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 10:00am On Dec 29, 2018
Godisincontrol:

To be on the safe side use the blackmarket rate to do your conversion(you can use abokifx). Going by that, its about 280-295. Multiply that by the 12475 and see if you can make up the balance(if I were you, I would use the upper limit of 295). By so doing whether there is an increase or not, you are safe.

actually its 267/268 presently on abokifx

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Godisincontrol: 10:02am On Dec 29, 2018
Debsify:

Find screenshot below.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Godisincontrol: 10:03am On Dec 29, 2018
Tojued:

Depending on how flexible your investors are you can even ask them to reinvest your upfront. That is you'll get tbills worth 3.7m based on your example above. Or something like that (I'm not very good with money).

Don't know if its feasible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by adebee16: 10:09am On Dec 29, 2018
You could try EOR too. Sorry about that.

engrkaz:
I had my IELTS on the 15th of December. LRSW: 7.5,9,7.5,6.5.... So sad....WIll try again next month
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by engrkaz(m): 10:09am On Dec 29, 2018
oyejum:
@MODielts,

Please when will 15th December 2018 results be released? Should it be expected before Tuesday or people should wait till 4th January 2019?

Thanks
it’s out already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by keletex2000(m): 10:15am On Dec 29, 2018
engrkaz:

Good morning, bro

I'm yet to see mine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by engrkaz(m): 10:29am On Dec 29, 2018
adebee16:
You could try EOR too. Sorry about that.

Does it ever come out positive? I think I should just try the test again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by engrkaz(m): 10:29am On Dec 29, 2018
engrkaz:
Does it ever come out positive? I think I should just try the test again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by overcomers001: 10:39am On Dec 29, 2018
Hello, everyone, thanks for your helpful guidance. Pls I want to ask, is the evaluation of your highest credential enough for the free entry? Foe example being a master's holder, are you okk evaluating your msc qualification or tou have to evaluate your bachelor’s degree also for the free entry.
My reason for asking is that I discovered ICES evaluates per degree and their cost is 200 dollars per each degree.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eshay(f): 10:46am On Dec 29, 2018
engrkaz:
it’s out already
Have you seen yours? MOD idp o not British Council
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ArcUgo(m): 10:49am On Dec 29, 2018
Your Masters Degree is enough. Biko, what do you mean by free entry? undecided
overcomers001:
Hello, everyone, thanks for your helpful guidance. Pls I want to ask, is the evaluation of your highest credential enough for the free entry? Foe example being a master's holder, are you okk evaluating your msc qualification or tou have to evaluate your bachelor’s degree also for the free entry.
My reason for asking is that I discovered ICES evaluates per degree and their cost is 200 dollars per each degree.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by engrkaz(m): 10:53am On Dec 29, 2018
Eshay:

Have you seen yours? MOD idp o not British Council
Yeah...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josefuadjr: 11:02am On Dec 29, 2018
Godisincontrol:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by philip2014(m): 11:16am On Dec 29, 2018
My school is claiming they didn't receive my verification mail from Wes, please what can I do?its been 3months
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 11:27am On Dec 29, 2018
Godisincontrol:

Don't know if its feasible.

That's how they do mine sha. I'm just too ignorant to explain it properly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by keletex2000(m): 11:32am On Dec 29, 2018
keletex2000:
December 15 2018, IDP IELTS, ABUJA.

I hope I am not the only one whose screen is being graced by the page below...

...Candidates from same center have seen their results while I am yet to see mine. Should I be worried?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 11:37am On Dec 29, 2018
Godisincontrol:

Find screenshot below.
I guess the website is confusing...the rate on the timeline below is different from what's on the dashboard. Besides at access bank yesterday it was at 269 or so

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 29, 2018
That 295 weak me cos I’ve never heard it anywhere. Thank you jare. 280 for me is being on the extremely safe side.

Debsify:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 29, 2018
It’s 280 to buy dollars and 295 to sell. It doesn’t mean between 280 and 295.

Godisincontrol:

Find screenshot below.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 11:41am On Dec 29, 2018
SkyWalk12:
That 295 weak me cos I’ve never heard it anywhere. Thank you jare. 280 for me is being on the extremely safe side.

some banks take very high rates, especially fidelity bank, because when I paid for my WES fee the bank charged me 292
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 11:41am On Dec 29, 2018
Not really, your attachment is for those who made payments online on a Canadian site while the former refers to the black market rate.
Debsify:
I guess the website is confusing...the rate on the timeline below is different from what's on the dashboard. Besides at access bank yesterday it was at 269 or so

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.