Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,529 members, 7,837,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (831764 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LordSneed: 11:43am On Dec 29, 2018
If it weren't for your score in listening, i would have advised you to apply for an EOR. Dust yourself off, prepare hard and retake the exam. Good luck

engrkaz:
I had my IELTS on the 15th of December. LRSW: 7.5,9,7.5,6.5.... So sad....WIll try again next month

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 11:43am On Dec 29, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 11:44am On Dec 29, 2018
Good morning wonderful people and happy holidays

So i heard WES now requests for JAMB transcripts. can anyone confirm this??

A friend called me this morning saying it appears on the profile of "documents to submit"

WES has really gone bunkers if true.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by princesschuks: 11:45am On Dec 29, 2018
overcomers001:
Hello, everyone, thanks for your helpful guidance. Pls I want to ask, is the evaluation of your highest credential enough for the free entry? Foe example being a master's holder, are you okk evaluating your msc qualification or tou have to evaluate your bachelor’s degree also for the[b] [b][/b]free entry.[/b]
My reason for asking is that I discovered ICES evaluates per degree and their cost is 200 dollars per each degree.
Thanks

Evaluate your MSC only.
And it's Express entry not free entry.
Page 1 is your friend.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 11:46am On Dec 29, 2018
By 1am today it was 272
Debsify:
I guess the website is confusing...the rate on the timeline below is different from what's on the dashboard. Besides at access bank yesterday it was at 269 or so
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 11:46am On Dec 29, 2018
freshdad:
Not really, your attachment is for those who made payments online on a Canadian site while the former refers to the black market rate.
are you gonna present cash as POF for express entry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 11:47am On Dec 29, 2018
freshdad:
By 1am today it was 272
ok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Owlette: 11:51am On Dec 29, 2018
I don't think so. He had a 7.5 in listening.
adebee16:
You could try EOR too. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 11:53am On Dec 29, 2018
Debsify:
ok
I think this is the best place to get FX rates sef not abokifx

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 11:58am On Dec 29, 2018
I was only clarifying the different rates from abokifx from you post and that of an earlier post
Debsify:
are you gonna present cash as POF for express entry

I tire o...Why give myself unnecessary headache. But like it is often said here, whatever makes you sleep better
Debsify:
I think this is the best place to get FX rates sef not abokifx

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 11:59am On Dec 29, 2018
freshdad:
I was only clarifying the different rates from abokifx from you post and that of an earlier post

I tire o...Why give myself unnecessary headache. But like it is often said here, whatever makes you sleep better
lol no wahala
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by engrkaz(m): 12:00pm On Dec 29, 2018
LordSneed:
If it weren't for your score in listening, i would have advised you to apply for an EOR. Dust yourself off, prepare hard and retake the exam. Good luck

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Thaiy(m): 12:06pm On Dec 29, 2018
phemmy26:

I did like to know, if you are using WES, and would like to evaluate, is it only the B.Sc or it include other O’levels.

[i] Like the first response to your message, you need read the first page. To provide a quick answer, you can evaluate your degrees with any of the evaluation agencies ( Wes, Ices, iqas) and write your ielts simultaneously. You need to evaluate the two degree as with that you can claim two or more degrees which is a crs booster.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2018
MOD guys any show yet?? What's happening The wait is killing abeg

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Thaiy(m): 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
phemmy26:

So when I want to do ECA, it the highest degree only, I need reply ASAP.

[i] Like the first response to your message, you need read the first page. To provide a quick answer, you can evaluate your degrees with any of the evaluation agencies ( Wes, Ices, iqas) and write your ielts simultaneously. You need to evaluate the two degree as with that you can claim two or more degrees which is a crs booster.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by archer1(m): 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
beespice:
pls what's the process for BC eor?
My result came out today and it's LRSW- 8.5,9,7.5,6.5
Does payment have to be by bank draft or can I transfer?
I've been a bit down.

bank draft in BC's name. Pls apply for the eor. My result was similar to yours before eor (9,9,7.5,6.5), writing changed to 7 post EOR. I have a feeling urs would change also. Last last, we will all be alright.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by overcomers001: 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
[quote author=Thaiy post=74265743][/quote]

Pardon me but im confused by this response. Are you saying you are allowed to select two or more degrees with a Master’s qualification?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Owlette: 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2018
MOD people I've seen my result. So I suggest you check yours again! LRSW 8.5, 7.0, 7.5, 6.5 I'm not the PA so I'm not remarking anything. I was as sick as a dog on the test day and I know I could have done better so make I manage am like that.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2018
Online transaction rates are veryyyyy different from changing money in parallel market.

Debsify:
some banks take very high rates, especially fidelity bank, because when I paid for my WES fee the bank charged me 292

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by muymacho: 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2018
keletex2000:

...Candidates from same center have seen their results while I am yet to see mine. Should I be worried?

I am yet to see mine too. I hope the call centre number will be working on Monday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Blooit004: 1:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
I have a mid February date at Qlife and I'm interested in a swap for a January booking. please send me a mail if interested
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
SkyWalk12:
Online transaction rates are veryyyyy different from changing money in parallel market.

ok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2018
Owlette:
MOD people I've seen my result. So I suggest you check yours again! LRSW 8.5, 7.0, 7.5, 6.5 I'm not the PA so I'm not remarking anything. I was as sick as a dog on the test day and I know I could have done better so make I manage am like that.

Pls which center did you take yours? I wrote at Abuja center and still can't view mine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Owlette: 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2018
Abuja
oneblackguy:

Pls which center did you take yours? I wrote at Abuja center and still can't view mine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ottawasenators: 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2018
I had same issue while processing mine.

What i did was to double check with my contact at school to be very very sure dey did not receive the verification mail.

After the above confirmation, school were still sure dey never received any mail from wes for my verification.

Armed with the above information i contacted WES using the contact form and also made phone call 2pm Nigerian time which was 9am their time, and i got through quickly to a very nice person on the phone who informed me that my confirmation was sent via post.

I screamed and said what tha hell? that will never get to my school .lolll

In summary, i requested that it be sent via email, of which dey did same day and i was notified via mail. Followed up with my contact the next day and voila verification mail was there.
philip2014:
My school is claiming they didn't receive my verification mail from Wes, please what can I do?its been 3months

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Godisincontrol: 2:36pm On Dec 29, 2018
@ All.

The point I am making is that rates fluctuate. To be on the safe side convert using a higher rate so as not to develop HBP for fear of the unknown.

Agreed, POF is supposedly locked in at AOR but we have seen cases where visa/case officers have used a different rate and have thrown a file for "review required" due to POF not meeting the required minimum bla bla bla. Review Required though not bad will in most cases cause a spin and the trauma one may go through is something else.

Let everyone do whatever would make them sleep well at night.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 2:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
I concur.

For peace of mind, people should put extras in their POF.

Canadian dollar is low against the US dollar now, that's why the rates are low now. It might be higher when an agent is checking your file and we don't know the rate they are using. You might end up a few dollars short.

For mine, I used N295 to make sure my funds was enough, then used xe.com to present the POF. That made it seem like I had excess at the end of the day.

Godisincontrol:
@ All.

The point I am making is that rates fluctuate. To be on the safe side convert using a higher rate so as not to develop HBP for fear of the unknown.

Agreed, POF is supposedly locked in at AOR but we have seen cases where visa/case officers have used a different rate and have thrown a file for "review required" due to POF not meeting the required minimum bla bla bla. Review Required though not bad will in most cases cause a spin and the trauma one may go through is something else.

Let everyone do whatever would make them sleep well at night.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by beespice: 3:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
Amen o. Thanks for the encouragement. And pls do you know if they attend to such on Wednesday?
I want to go there as soon as they resume on the 2nd
archer1:

bank draft in BC's name. Pls apply for the eor. My result was similar to yours before eor (9,9,7.5,6.5), writing changed to 7 post EOR. I have a feeling urs would change also. Last last, we will all be alright.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Thaiy(m): 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
[quote author=overcomers001 post=74266707]

I am asking if for your ECA, is it all of your credentials or only the highest?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by overcomer296: 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
5starBussy:
Please na can anyone post link for ITA whatsapp group..please ooo...thanks in advance

Pls can I join the DEC ITA WhatsApp group? Any link? pls assist my dear dec ITA clinchers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Thaiy(m): 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hello Nairalander,

I am new and about to start my Canada waka , I really need help on how to go about it. I already have an account with WES, and entered my degree and NECO.

I want to know if at the time I need to do ECA, am I doing for the for my degree and NECO. Or should I take the NECO off, so I will be evaluating only the B.Sc degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Thaiy(m): 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2018
[quote author=Thaiy post=74270604]Hello Nairalander,

I am new and about to start my Canada waka , I really need help on how to go about it. I already have an account with WES, and entered my degree and NECO.

I want to know if at the time I need to do ECA, am I doing for the for my degree and NECO. Or should I take the NECO off, so I will be evaluating only the B.Sc degree.

Also, I need information on how to get OAU Ile-Ife, Osun State degree sent to WES.

Will appreciate anyone who can help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (511)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.