Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (821237 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:13am On Jan 23, 2019
Congratulations @ebony9ja I was just smiling while reading.
Issa family reunion in Canny
Congrats and enjoy your new home

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jbelieve: 10:19am On Jan 23, 2019
Please I have a honest question to ask. I see a lot of people in well paying jobs and comfortable lives still moving.

And then i here people also say the kind of money or cashflow they have in Nigeria its challenging to make it abroad. Some one literally said those words. It always makes me concerned.

So how can people still make it and live more comfortable abroad.

By the way I believe people should still move though.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by oyekeye: 10:28am On Jan 23, 2019
Good day great people.

I need to know if IDP is any less better than British Council for taking IELTS. Kindly assist...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by OlumisiI: 10:31am On Jan 23, 2019
Congratulations all.

Omoalayonimi10:
Good morning guys, it's PPR!!!

*silent reader coming through*

God did it.

jholarharde:
You're amazing, yes you are, you amaze me, all the time, you are great yes you are, doing great things all the time amazing God.
Beautiful people, It's PPR

The story is scattered, but please enjoy and be encouraged. @ Prof dumbledore ralphulz over to you sir.

ebony9ja:
Ladies & Gentlemen, This is our PPR story !!

Profile Created on November 13, 2018.

That we shall succeed is as sure as God reigns!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by klawaaa: 10:34am On Jan 23, 2019
Amen! Thanks will check that on Chris blog.
pyruvateluv:

For heading matching, you can try the reading section on ieltsadvantage.com; he has some tips on this.

It will definitely end in praise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 10:37am On Jan 23, 2019
Congratulations to you @Lastruct. I know it's coming late. God's blessings all the way.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by klawaaa: 10:38am On Jan 23, 2019
Ok. Thanks. Will try that too.
kfrosh:
Let me recommend something.

For listening, when you pick up a practise, do it to the best of your ability and mark it. After marking it, go back to the questions and listen again to take note of where you were wrong. The next day,
or after a few days, go back to the same practise question and do it again. See if you are able to hear answers you got wrong the last time.
Repeat this process and see if your scores will improve.

Note: Keep track of all your practise scores to know if there's improvement or not.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by boco2126: 10:41am On Jan 23, 2019
Newmum0615, I'm sure you are settling in very well. Oya check your mail and revert asap. Thank you.
Newmum0615:
Hello from the other side cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 10:43am On Jan 23, 2019
Hello people. I hope Qlife still accept swaps?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 23, 2019
jholarharde:
You're amazing, yes you are, you amaze me, all the time, you are great yes you are, doing great things all the time amazing God.
Decision to travel 31st DEC 2017
created wes account 4th Jan 2018
first ielts LSRW: 8.5, 7,8.5,6.5. I was devastated. thanks to a lot of wonderful people who encouraged me. I registered for another on the 30th of June and result was LSRW : 8,7,8,7. a very big thank you to mcstan, tojued and fanyeofori, you guys are a rare gem.
ECA was one tough journey. to get transcript and verification was like asking buhari to step down for atiku and vice versa. It was a real war. I cried, I begged, I greased hands, kai.... it is well. shout out to @mcstan again he was a big encouragement pushing me to go to the school everyday, at. a point I had to ask abeg is it your transcript grin. I used WES and evaluated my ND, HND and PGD. Evaluation was completed on the 27th aug. profile was created in the middle of Oct, got ITA on the 30th of Oct. medicals was at qlife on the 7th nov, it was quite straightforward. POF was 3different tbills, gift deed, statement of account ( the money came in after ITA, so I highlighted all transfers connected to my POF) and a notarized gift deed. AOR 21st of Nov. MEP/BIL 2nd of January. RPRF was on the 11th of Jan. Had slight issue with it, shoutout to @ramj and my nov WhatsApp AOR paddies. submitted RPRF on the 15th. PPR Jan 22.
here is a summary of my timeline
CRS 459
ITA 30th Oct
AOR. 21st Nov
MEP/BIl. 2nd Jan
PPR. 22nd Jan.
61days of grace.
Bae Bae ,Congrats Dear

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by johnnybravo1990: 10:48am On Jan 23, 2019
Jbelieve:
Please I have a honest question to ask. I see a lot of people in well paying jobs and comfortable lives still moving.

And then i here people also say the kind of money or cashflow they have in Nigeria its challenging to make it abroad. Some one literally said those words. It always makes me concerned.

So how can people still make it and live more comfortable abroad.

By the way I believe people should still move though.

I used to feel I was earning much, and very comfortable until I had an accident, and all my savings could not take care of my medical bills and surgeries for my over-3-months admission. In addition, the surgeries at the teaching hospitals were terrible(little or no improvement in my condition post-op). My family had to step in, and sent me to Germany for comprehensive surgeries where I spent 6 months in total(in 2 trips). That was when I knew we are messed up in this country. There is no health insurance in Nigeria, no quality healthcare, no arrangements for emergency situations, etc. We don't see the deficiencies in our system until we suffer a health challenge like in my case.

The fact that roads are still a major source of transportation between cities scares me most; everyday, people die or suffer devastating injuries on the road. Peoples don't die or get accidents in such frequency abroad because railway, the major means of transportation over there is always safer. You have a higher chance of living longer abroad.

The only way living in Nigeria can be considered okay for the average man is if you won't get an accident or a serious medical problem that needs good medical intervention; or just don't get any major exigency that requires money. But you cannot guarantee that.

You won't necessarily make more money abroad, but you will have more peace of mind, and there will be no unnecessary panic. A place like Canada will give you good health insurance, and that is what I am basically in for.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Temas: 10:54am On Jan 23, 2019
jholarharde:
Decision to travel 31st DEC 2017
created wes account 4th Jan 2018

VO - CIO Sydney
family of 4
no travel history and no ADR. It has ended in praise ( I must use this word that as really encouraged me. thanks @teecann for it cheesy)
The story is scattered, but please enjoy and be encouraged. @ Prof dumbledore ralphulz over to you sir.

congratulations!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Temas: 10:56am On Jan 23, 2019
klawaaa:
Thanks. I really appreciate. I plan to register in some months time after much practice. My previous exams I did not involve in much practice... even when I practice now I still don’t know why I miss out the answers while listening to the audio. Also, I notice major problem on the 3rd and the 4th sessions of the listening test especially the multiply choice questions. On the reading, I do have problem with matching headings and it takes me a lot of time getting main idea of paragraphs. Please what can be my best way to solve this problems

where do you stay. lets see if i can help.

regards

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LOTRISH45: 10:57am On Jan 23, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS @jhorlarharde, @ebony9ja, @Omoalayonimi10
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by opella(f): 10:59am On Jan 23, 2019
Congratulations to all that got PPR. May canada favour you all

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by daks02: 10:59am On Jan 23, 2019
Congrats to all PPR recipients, we dey una back!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Onyeenyeh: 11:02am On Jan 23, 2019
Congratulations. Amen to your prayer.
Omoalayonimi10:
Good morning guys, it's PPR!!!

IELTS- Feb 10, 2018 LSRW(8,8,8.5,7)
CRS- 466
ITA- June 25, 2018
AOR- August 20, 2018. 
Medical Passed/BIL- September 15, 2018
ADR (IMM5406) - December 15, 2018
Ghost Update - January 22
PPR - January 22

Thank you to @ifeoma77 and @tojued. I learnt a lot from both of you about celebrating with others.
I pray you get your passport request emails soonest!

God did it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Zinggi(f): 11:14am On Jan 23, 2019
Congrats to all PPR recipients. Go and Prosper.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MysTeerioz(f): 11:17am On Jan 23, 2019
aklas87:
Gud day house, pls I need ur advice on something .
in 2017 I applied for visitor visa to Canada and my application was ready in december 2017, but unfortunately I was unable to pick it up since then due to a very "pathetic" reason. On Monday I went to VFS for the collection but I was told d application is no longer with them dat I should contact d embassy, wen I contacted the embassy through mail I received a response dat my passport has been sent to Zonal immigration office in Lagos.
My questions:
1. is it possible for me to get it at immigration office?
2 Do I need to pay some amount of money at immigration office nd hw easier or tedious is it to claim it?
pls serious answer or advice is needed.
below is d embassy response to my mail:
Good day,
You did not collect your package from the VAC within 30 days of their receipt of it. The VAC contacted you 3 times indicating that your package was ready for collection.
Your passport has been returned to the following address:
c/o Assistant Comptroller General
Nigeria Immigration Services
Zone “A” Headquarters
Ikeja, Lagos
Sincerely,

Why not go to the office and ask for your passport. Ensure you carry whatever indicates that it was sent there from the VAC.
Do not pay any money to any body cuz they don't produce passports there and it's not like your passport was lost.
Speak confidently else someone may think you're timid and try to intimidate you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 11:18am On Jan 23, 2019
Hmmm......thought provoking. God bless you for this

johnnybravo1990:

I used to feel I was earning much, and very comfortable until I had an accident, and all my savings could not take care of my medical bills and surgeries for my over-3-months admission. Even at that, the surgeries at the teaching hospitals were terrible. My family had to step in, and sent me to Germany for comprehensive surgeries where I spent 6 months in total(in 2 trips). That is when I knew we are messed up in this country. There is no health insurance in Nigeria, no quality health care, no arrangements for emergency situations, etc. We don't see the deficiencies in our system until we suffer a health challenge, like in my case.
The fact that roads are still a major source of transportation between cities scares me most: everyday, people die or suffer devastating injuries on the road. Peoples don't die or get accidents in such frequency abroad because railway, the major means of transportation over there is always safer. You have a higher chance of living longer abroad.

The only way living in Nigeria can be considered okay for the average man is if you won't get an accident or get a serious illness that needs good medical intervention. But you cannot guarantee that. You won't necessarily make more money abroad, but you will have more peace of mind, and there will be no unnecessary panic. A place like Canada will give you good health insurance, and that is what I am basically in for.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jaymamma: 11:18am On Jan 23, 2019
As in en, these Nov AOR people na grace dey follow them.

Congratulations all.

dasizzling:
wawu!!! Congrats o...All you November AOR people are just clinching PPR anyhow this morning.. Congrats once again. Go and succeed in your new land!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Canadahome: 11:19am On Jan 23, 2019
Newmum0615:

Happy landing mum, may the land favour you and yours.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Linsigne(m): 11:21am On Jan 23, 2019
I submitted my skilled worker Manitoba application in September 2018, it was rejected based on my documents was mistakenly carried to another department an error from ircc or cic(i dont know which) i sent a message to them about why my application was rejected they, replied a week later saying it was a mistake. They said they wer going to send me another documents to fill which they did after like three or two weeks they did then i submitted online and sent my documents to them, that was around october and it was delivered successful i thank God for that. Since then i never hear anything from them. What's really going on i just dey dream canny since all dis days

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jhoci: 11:40am On Jan 23, 2019
Welcome home and thank God for journey mercies. We dey wait for your landing gist o!

Newmum0615:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jaymamma: 11:46am On Jan 23, 2019
God bless you.

I try to explain this to people all the time but only few understand it. The rest are all about "I can make more money in Naija"

Money that will finish in split seconds should you have a serious challenge.

johnnybravo1990:

I used to feel I was earning much, and very comfortable until I had an accident, and all my savings could not take care of my medical bills and surgeries for my over-3-months admission. Even at that, the surgeries at the teaching hospitals were terrible. My family had to step in, and sent me to Germany for comprehensive surgeries where I spent 6 months in total(in 2 trips). That is when I knew we are messed up in this country. There is no health insurance in Nigeria, no quality health care, no arrangements for emergency situations, etc. We don't see the deficiencies in our system until we suffer a health challenge, like in my case.
The fact that roads are still a major source of transportation between cities scares me most: everyday, people die or suffer devastating injuries on the road. Peoples don't die or get accidents in such frequency abroad because railway, the major means of transportation over there is always safer. You have a higher chance of living longer abroad.

The only way living in Nigeria can be considered okay for the average man is if you won't get an accident or get a serious illness that needs good medical intervention. But you cannot guarantee that. You won't necessarily make more money abroad, but you will have more peace of mind, and there will be no unnecessary panic. A place like Canada will give you good health insurance, and that is what I am basically in for.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by reavealhidden: 11:51am On Jan 23, 2019
Congratulations to all PPR recipients.
@Newmum0615 Hello to you from here grin. Enjoy your new home!!!
@Ifeoma77 I dey hail sis!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by abelin78(m): 12:09pm On Jan 23, 2019
[quote author=Yemsot post=73821436]

Hello all,If one is evaluating a BSC and a PGD using ICES,does one need to pay separately for the 2 or just one payment. I have try to check this without success.Your advise is urgently needed here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ijoseda(m): 12:28pm On Jan 23, 2019
They have stopped it.

They realised that is a lot of racketeering going on with the date switch thing. If you have your ITA and your submission deadline is close, they will provide a date that is suitable for you.

Richness1104:
Hello people. I hope Qlife still accept swaps?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Onyeenyeh: 12:31pm On Jan 23, 2019
None yet. Even though my cic status changed to approved yesterday
Oakville19:

Any news on your passport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:37pm On Jan 23, 2019
reavealhidden:
Congratulations to all PPR recipients.
@Newmum0.615 Hello to you from here grin. Enjoy your new home!!!
@Ifeoma.77 I dey hail sis!

I am loyal to your government Maami!!
kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 12:48pm On Jan 23, 2019
Congratulations to all PPR recipients..may Canada favour you'll.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by lovetree: 12:50pm On Jan 23, 2019
Hello people.Pleaseeee, i know we have lots of people here from different university alma mater. Biko, anyone knows anyone at ATBU (Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi). The person we know claims ASUU strike is causing delay, since November.This is the only thing delaying us.Meanwhile, different schools keep sending transcript. Please o, if you have any contact there, please kindly holla.Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.