Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (819775 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 10:01pm On Jan 23, 2019
Congrats dear
Transformium:

We are here oooo! I never esperit grin ITA alas!

Thank you Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 10:03pm On Jan 23, 2019
Super congrats dear
jummolami:
finally finally. it is ITA

God be praised
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by awos90: 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2019
Finally, ITA landed!!

Glory be to God!!!

Ifeoma77:
Where are the ITA recipients?? Congratulations!!!

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CanadianMosquit: 10:17pm On Jan 23, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

I used to feel I was earning much, and very comfortable until I had an accident, and all my savings could not take care of my medical bills and surgeries for my over-3-months admission. In addition, the surgeries at the teaching hospitals were terrible(little or no improvement in my condition post-op). My family had to step in, and sent me to Germany for comprehensive surgeries where I spent 6 months in total(in 2 trips). That is when I knew we are messed up in this country. There is no health insurance in Nigeria, no quality health care, no arrangements for emergency situations, etc. We don't see the deficiencies in our system until we suffer a health challenge, like in my case.

The fact that roads are still a major source of transportation between cities scares me most; everyday, people die or suffer devastating injuries on the road. Peoples don't die or get accidents in such frequency abroad because railway, the major means of transportation over there is always safer. You have a higher chance of living longer abroad.

The only way living in Nigeria can be considered okay for the average man is if you won't get an accident or get a serious medical problem that needs good medical intervention. But you cannot guarantee that.

You won't necessarily make more money abroad, but you will have more peace of mind, and there will be no unnecessary panic. A place like Canada will give you good health insurance, and that is what I am basically in for.
well said bro! My sentiment exactly
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Transformium: 10:23pm On Jan 23, 2019
wasseynewest:
Congrats dear

Thank you grin cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mummychichi: 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2019
@gogedda, @peteronota, @Gracenmercy01, @Glebb, @beeday, @Boom12, @Omoalayonimi10, @jholarharde, @ebony9ja, congrats on youe PPR.

Go and prosper

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by majjj: 10:26pm On Jan 23, 2019
Ifeoma77:
Where are the ITA recipients?? Congratulations!!!

We are here! It’s finally ITA. Sooooo happy! CRS 447

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jmnsimone(f): 10:37pm On Jan 23, 2019
Finally!!! My ITA has arrived!! I'm so happy because I received my ECA yesterday, entered the pool yesterday and now I have my ITA.

52 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Engr2000: 10:44pm On Jan 23, 2019
Evening Guys,

Congratulations to the PPR Clinchers and those that got ITA...

We hope to see more good news before the end of the week!

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kashamadupe0906: 10:55pm On Jan 23, 2019
jmnsimone:
Finally!!! My ITA has arrived!! I'm so happy because I received my ECA yesterday, entered the pool yesterday and now I have my ITA.

God's plan.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by chicyclass(f): 11:12pm On Jan 23, 2019
Chai! Beautiful stories today.

Congratulations to PPR and ITA clinchers!

May God favour you all. smiley

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by HTGAWM: 11:21pm On Jan 23, 2019
Finally reacieved the ITA email. Profile created early hours of today. Glad!

HTGAWM:
Please how long does it usually take to receive an ITA when ones score is above the cutoff?? Does the invite showup immediately the score is uploaded on CIC site or it takes a while??

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bbpin(f): 11:34pm On Jan 23, 2019
ITA is here. All glory to GOD!!!!

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Firstladyc1: 12:06am On Jan 24, 2019
Congrats to the PPR and ITA Clinchers.

Any ideas if Msc from Nigerian Open university will be accepted as Msc by Wes.

thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Babeakosua: 1:31am On Jan 24, 2019
The thread has been filled with good news today.

Congratulations to all PPR and ITA recipient's, you are ready to do exploits.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bharbhyie: 2:48am On Jan 24, 2019
Congratulations to all PPR clinchers

May our new land favour you...

Hephgirl:
@Lastruct
@ChinenyeT
@sendugba
@yahooz
@gogedda
@peteronota
@Gracenmercy01
@Glebb
@beeday
@Boom12
@Omoalayonimi10
@jholarharde
@ebony9ja

Congratulations guys... I celebrate with you. May canny land favour you. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bharbhyie: 2:50am On Jan 24, 2019
Even at 4 thirty something.....

cry
Harjeehbaday:
ITA - 443

Congrats to all ITA clinchers.... grin grin grin

Oh ITA, pity us @ 439 sad cry cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bharbhyie: 4:44am On Jan 24, 2019
I just want to encourage someone out there with my story today.

I found out about the process for EE in July 2017 from a friend who had successfully relocated to Canada with her family. I mentioned it to hubby then but he wasn’t interested so I also didn’t go any further with researching. Someone else prompted me again in November 2017, by then I created a WES account and it ended at that.

It wasn’t until around first quarter of 2018 that I started taking serious steps towards this dream. By this time, hubby was convinced of also leaving this country. In April/May 2018, i registered IELTS with BC and by June, I made payment and started the ECA process with WES. This was when i started following this thread more religiously.

Thankfully, i was able to sort out WES by first week in October 2018 and the evaluation was 2 or more certificates because of ATS. Myself and hubby took June IELTS but results were not all that. I had 6.5, 6.5, 7.5, 6.5 in LRSW (hubby’s results were similar to mine) and being the PA, I decided to rewrite again by October ending, the results were a near miss (8.5, 7.0, 6.5, 6.0). I applied for a remark and after about 4 weeks waiting period, S and W were upgraded to 7.5 and 6.5. This was heart wrenching as I had been really expecting an upgrade to 7.0 for W. Meanwhile, we had also started processing hubby’s ECA with ICES because I had lost 5 points (because of birthday)..

Third attempt with IELTS was in first week of January 2019. The results came out last week - 8.0, 7.0, 8.5, 6.5. I wasn’t happy at first when I saw the results and really felt bad but I was able to encourage myself quickly and for a number of reasons, I was thankful:- for how far we had come, for the goal before us, for His provision.

Meanwhile, I had been following up closely with ICES for hubby’s ECA. They had initially given a timeline of 10 weeks (Jan 16, 2019 by my calculation) for completion only for them to increase it to 12 weeks (Jan 30, 2019) when I enquired a few weeks back. To the glory of God, the report was completed on Sunday and has now been delivered. It was completed in exactly 10 weeks. I was almost losing hope in this canadian dream but the joy when I checked the profile and saw application complete re-ignited the hope.

I had been among those whose profiles in the pool became ineligible at the beginning of this year so I had to create a new profile.

Eyes still on the prize because this will end in praise. I am currently expecting the feedback of the remark and I’m trusting God for his favor and grace for an upgrade in my writing scores.

So dear you, please don’t give up on this journey...

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by dre44k(m): 6:15am On Jan 24, 2019
Good morning all,
Please is there any thread for Canada application for unskilled workers? If there's any, please someone should post it for me asap. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tosaned: 6:26am On Jan 24, 2019
Wish everyone a speedy PPR and COPR but above all, on this journey, leaving you with a quote from Forbes. It has been true for me on this journey.

Good morning everyone.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 6:28am On Jan 24, 2019
Congrats dear!
majjj:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 6:28am On Jan 24, 2019
Congratulations awoooo!
awos90:
Finally, ITA landed!!

Glory be to God!!!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 6:29am On Jan 24, 2019
Wow! You're the real VIP dear. Congrats!
jmnsimone:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 6:30am On Jan 24, 2019
Hehehe! This person! So so happy for you dear. Congrats!!!!!
HTGAWM:

Finally reacieved the ITA email. Profile created early hours of today. Glad!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 6:31am On Jan 24, 2019
Bb pin grin! Congrats dear.
bbpin:
ITA is here. All glory to GOD!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 6:33am On Jan 24, 2019
It will surely end in praise dear. Good you're trusting God who never fails. It will surely end in praise dear. We shall rejoice with you soon.
[quote author=bharbhyie post=75053394]I just want to encourage someone out there with my story today.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:14am On Jan 24, 2019
Transformium:

We are here oooo! I never esperit grin ITA alas!
Thank you Jesus!

majjj:

awos90:
Finally, ITA landed!!

Glory be to God!!!

Big big congratulations guys!! Wish you super-speedy processing

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:16am On Jan 24, 2019
Congratulations to all the ITA recipients in the house.
The biggest obstacles have been conquered
I pray for clear skies and smooth sailing

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by boundlessjoy: 7:23am On Jan 24, 2019
It’s COPR guys! cheesy

IELTS – June 2, 2018
ECA – August 30, 2018
ITA – Sept. 5, 2018
AOR – Sept 14, 2018
RPRF – November 15, 2018
1st Ghost update – December 24, 2018
2nd Ghost/File Approved – December 31
PPR – January 9, 2019
PP submitted – January 17, 2019
CIC profile updated to approved/Counterfoil generated – Jan. 22nd
PUM – Jan. 24th

IN THE DAY’S OF IGNORANCE!
I started this process not knowing that there were other ECA bodies aside WES! I had already paid WES before I discovered that all I would get from my LLB was “Bachelors Degree equivalent”. I wasn’t sure if that was good enough, then it occurred to me to consult nairaland (God bless the founding fathers of this thread). After weighing my options, I decided to arrange for my law school transcript to be sent to WES as well so I could at least claim 2 or more. My undergrad school kept saying that they did not receive WES verification until they finally did after 7weeks! When it was time for Nigerian law school to verify, they said their internet was broken (whatever that means) I had to pay extra 10k for paper mailing.

IELTS
I didn’t have enough time to study for IELTS because of my job. But I was able to do some listening and reading exercises. I also tried writing on the task 2 paper to see what 250 words should look like. (Tip was from newmum0615)
Did IELTS June 2, 2018 and results were 8.5, 9, 7.5, 7.5

I couldn’t enter the pool because ECA. On August 30, 2018, ECA landed. LLB = 4yr Bachelors Degree equivalent, Law School = 1 year Post Graduate Diploma.
Without much ado, I plunged into the pool - head first - with a CRS of 474.

POF
I got 2 bank reference letters, one was in the required format; the other, not quite but I didn’t care much. No account statements!

PCC
I paid 17k for my Nigerian PCC!
The police man scanned the documents to me in color, I affixed my fingerprints and scanned back to him with copies of my passport photo and passport document data page. FBI PCC was a breeze.

MEDICALS:
I paid $375USD for My medicals! Insurance no dey gree cover immigration medicals. I was emailed my medical report in 2days.

TICK…TOCK…
I submitted my application on September 14, 2018 when my passport had about one-month validity. I had already requested a new one though so I raised a CSE when it arrived.
So, I thought I would receive PPR within 3 weeks because people have been preaching that US residents get faster processing times. But I waited, and waited, and waited – for PPR. After a few weeks, I became agitated upon realizing that I did not state my internship experience with a US Federal Government agency. I read of how people were refused because they failed to declare past or current work history. I quickly raised a CSE before my village people will reach my file before me.
When I received my RPRF, I thought that PPR was near, na lie! I waited again, and again, and again! People with later AOR dates were getting PPR left, right and center, yet US residents were not moving (per immitracker).

HUSTLE YOUR OWN PPR!

After I got the two ghost updates, I called IRCC on January 7, and was told my file had been approved but that it might take a little more time for me to receive the PPR email. At that time, I had read how people were hustling their own PPR from NDVO, I quickly joined the hustle and in less than 24hrs, I got my own PPR. (By the way, I think NDVO has stopped that benevolence). I requested a change of VFS to submit my passport but received no response in that regard.

After waiting for some days, I sha submitted my passport with my local VAC and the rest is history!

PS: Application was on IP2 from AOR to PPR and file never left the CIO.

I want to thank this family for the selflessness and love that radiates all corners of this thread. Despite the fights that occur at intervals, we all know that “what binds us together is stronger than what pulls us apart” per Obama POTUS (as he then was).

And those to whom this may matter: Do not start this journey on your own accord, but “…in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall (it’s a certainty) direct your path”. Wherever you are encountering difficulties, do not hesitate to ask God for the wisdom to surmount the obstacles because He gives (wisdom) to all men generously! (James 1:5). Never forget that to an infinite God, all finites are equal. And when Jesus walked out of that tomb, impossibility became an illusion!

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bbpin(f): 7:39am On Jan 24, 2019
wasseynewest:
Bb pin grin! Congrats dear.

Thanks Dear.I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jjohndoe83: 7:52am On Jan 24, 2019
boundlessjoy:
It’s COPR guys! cheesy

And those to whom this may matter: Do not start this journey on your own accord, but “…in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall (it’s a certainty) direct your path”. Wherever you are encountering difficulties, do not hesitate to ask God for the wisdom to surmount the obstacles because He gives (wisdom) to all men generously! (James 1:5). Never forget that to an infinite God, all finites are equal. And when Jesus walked out of that tomb, impossibility became an illusion!

My learned friend, you talk am well. I have a feeling that we'll meet in Canada in 2020. May the lines fall for you in pleasant places. Amen.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.