Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver (68216 Views)

Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / Couple Donate N1m To Man Who Lost His Business To Onitsha Fire (photos / Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by BedLam: 10:00am On Nov 18, 2018
Mizwisdom:

This is why it continues, when people chose to be sentimental instead of objective
No intelligent person will judge over 5 million with a couple of others. You aren't smart. Usual beauty without brains I guess. I've passed.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by onatisi(m): 10:06am On Nov 18, 2018
davillian:

Why on earth will he add an uber driver as a beneficiary?
Let's assume you clicked the wrong beneficiary input your password and amount
You still get one more chance to confirm were you see the transaction details before you click proceed or confirm.
After such dumb mistake he did not have brain to raise a red flag on the uber drivers account so that the account would be frozen.
He is dumb as Bleep ask the op himself he will agree
The mandatory adding of a beneficiary before sending to an account is one of the reasons why I dislike GTB. Other banks only make it optional
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by tiredoflife(m): 10:07am On Nov 18, 2018
All I see here is poverty
Having money in ur account is not riches
True riches is the ability to solve a problem
You have money but u are not rich in contacts which is the real wealth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 18, 2018
Why add a strangers acct number as your beneficiary? Just because of 50 naira.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by davillian(m): 10:24am On Nov 18, 2018
onatisi:

The mandatory adding of a beneficiary before sending to an account is one of the reasons why I dislike GTB. Other banks only make it optional
I don't know about that cuz I don't use gtb
I have few beneficiaries because I make transfers to same account more than twice a month
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by 3RNEST(m): 10:25am On Nov 18, 2018
iyke926:
Why add a strangers acct number as your beneficiary? Just because of 50 naira.
Which 50#

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by 3RNEST(m): 10:26am On Nov 18, 2018
onatisi:

GTworld app is not mandatory..check update!
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by modath(f): 10:29am On Nov 18, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
hehehe u see that iPhoneX, 4 it to look that old nigga prolly bought bit the day it was launched, money speaking

Spot on... smiley
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 18, 2018
bunmiano:
More screenshots

Apologies but you seem a lackadaisical fellow to me.

I expect that you would have gone to their head office in Ikoyi and made a noise until a top officer attends to you.

This is not a simple issue and you cannot rely on chatting g with mere customer care reps.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by srclark: 10:59am On Nov 18, 2018
3RNEST:

I'm telling you bro, to him now he don hammer, who knows, he could have get a greater reward by returning dat money.
how long do you want to run or hide because of 1m
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by opedaydydx9(m): 10:59am On Nov 18, 2018
My account was once blocked because of red flag on a mere 30k, the op isn't smart at all...
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by DaCharis2016: 11:01am On Nov 18, 2018
mrjaydee:
get a warrant from a court and take to his bank. You will get him easily.. I feel your pain. Next time be extra super careful
Pls how can she get a warrant from a court.
Thank you
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Maffy2: 11:03am On Nov 18, 2018
If u can truly seek God face for 3dayz, I mean prayer and fasting God will surely intervene. And as 4 Uber people jst try and provide d guy to save someone life.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by obstead200(m): 11:11am On Nov 18, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
You have all his details and the company he works with, get the police involved, approach his bank and post on all social media you can think of.

Better still, contact the driver with a different account, when he show up, get him arrested and drag him to court.
simple solution. Get a friend to contact him for business. When he arrives for the pick up, get him arrested. If u don't want to involve the police, then just kidnap him, seize his car, beat him up until he takes u to his bank and transfers your money back to u.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by onatisi(m): 11:20am On Nov 18, 2018
3RNEST:

GTworld app is not mandatory..check update!
many of my customers keep telling me they have to add me before been able to send to me
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by 3RNEST(m): 11:26am On Nov 18, 2018
srclark:
how long do you want to run or hide because of 1m
You mean Chukwudi the wicked uber driver? grin
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by PastorAji(m): 11:27am On Nov 18, 2018
bunmiano:
I've been a member of Nairaland since 2012 and I'm very frequent with the business section.

I have a very serious issue that has been a pain on my neck and I will try as much as I can to summarize everything

I sent a sum of N1m to a Uber taxi driver's account number on the 20th October, 2018. This money was a part payment bill for one of my family members who is battling with a life-threatening health issues. That happened about 4 weeks ago.

This is how the whole thing happened

A friend of mine paid me a courtesy visit and when he was about leaving, I used my rider app to request a ride for him and the driver came and took him to his destination. He told my friend the estimated cost of the fare was N4,800 but my friend didn't even bother to check because he felt he probably would not lie about it.

My friend called and told me the fare was N4,800 and I requested for the Uber taxi driver's account number after which I made the payment. The next day (20th October), I needed to make a transaction of N1m to someone for a part payment bill of my family member's treatment oblivious of the fact that I actually made the payment to the Uber taxi driver's account number. This was because I added him in my beneficiary when I wanted to make the payment.

I went to the rider app to get his contact, only for me to realize he actually inflated the fare from N3,400 to N4,800 which I literally paid for. You can see he's not an honest person but I wasn't really bothered about that.

I called and pleaded to him to refund the 1m I sent to his account. At first, he acted as if he didn't receive any money but after series of calls, he later confirmed it. I sent my account details to him and he promised to refund me on Monday as it was weekend.

Monday came and the dude started acting funny. He would pick my calls and remain silent. There were times he gave the phone to a lady to talk to me. Sometimes he yelled at me to stop disturbing him, and a point, he even stopped picking my calls

I mailed Uber and narrated everything that transpired. They responded requesting for evidence to back up my claim which I provided. I took screenshots of the first (inflated fare) and second payment and attached it to my massage. They responded telling me I should exercise patience and that they will look into my issue

It's been 4 weeks now and Uber has been lackadaisical towards this issue. I have messaged them several times and they seem to be less concerned about it.
With the way Uber has been acting towards this issue, one could conclude that they're trying to cover up this guy. Someone that can easily call and resolve this issue.

They have just been acting like they're more concerned about their own pockets than customer's satisfaction. I expect them to have taken up the issue for properly investigation despite providing solid evidence.

Please everyone! I have tried and I'm already fed up. Their customer care is my last resort but they have been nonchalant despite knowing the name, vehicle type, and license plate number of someone working for them. Even the Uber driver in question has failed to refund the money and has been avoiding me.

I went to the bank recently and his account has been frozen but I haven't been able to get my money

This country is just messed up. Even the police aren't helping matters. They are demanding their own share of about 150k

Mods please help my situation by pushing this to the front page

Below are the screenshots of everything
Well to start, you were careless.
Next go to Twitter , copy Abayomi Shogunle, NPF, EFCC and Uber (Not Nigeria UBER) with the screenshots of the transactions and the police share issue and I hope it would be resolved speedily

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by 3RNEST(m): 11:27am On Nov 18, 2018
onatisi:
many of my customers keep telling me they have to add me before been able to send to me
I guess on the Old App...
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by 3RNEST(m): 11:29am On Nov 18, 2018
obstead200:
simple solution. Get a friend to contact him for business. When he arrives for the pick up, get him arrested. If u don't want to involve the police, then just kidnap him, seize his car, beat him up until he takes u to his bank and transfers your money back to u.
I don't think that Chukwudi guy is still on Uber platform...
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by decub: 11:30am On Nov 18, 2018
bunmiano:
I've been a member of Nairaland since 2012 and I'm very frequent with the business section.

I have a very serious issue that has been a pain on my neck and I will try as much as I can to summarize everything

I sent a sum of N1m to a Uber taxi driver's account number on the 20th October, 2018. This money was a part payment bill for one of my family members who is battling with a life-threatening health issues. That happened about 4 weeks ago.

A friend of mine paid me a courtesy visit and when he was about leaving, I used my rider app to request a ride for him and the driver came and took him to his destination. He told my friend the estimated cost of the fare was N4,800 but my friend didn't even bother to check because he felt he probably would not lie about it.

My friend called and told me the fare was N4,800 and I requested for the Uber taxi driver's account number after which I made the payment. The next day (20th October), I needed to make a transaction of N1m to someone for a part payment bill of my family member's treatment oblivious of the fact that I actually made the payment to the Uber taxi driver's account number. This was because I added him in my beneficiary when I wanted to make the payment.

I went to the rider app to get his contact, only for me to realize he actually inflated the fare from N3,400 to N4,800 which I literally paid for. You can see he's not an honest person but I wasn't really bothered about that.

I called and pleaded to him to refund the 1m I sent to his account. At first, he acted as if he didn't receive any money but after series of calls, he later confirmed it. I sent my account details to him and he promised to refund me on Monday as it was weekend.

Monday came and the dude started acting funny. He would pick my calls and remain silent. There were times he gave the phone to a lady to talk to me. Sometimes he yelled at me to stop disturbing him, and a point, he even stopped picking my calls

I mailed Uber and narrated everything that transpired. They responded requesting for evidence to back up my claim which I provided. I took screenshots of the first (inflated fare) and second payment and attached it to my massage. They responded telling me I should exercise patience and that they will look into my issue

It's been 4 weeks now and Uber has been lackadaisical towards this issue. I have messaged them several times and they seem to be less concerned about it.
With the way Uber has been acting towards this issue, one could conclude that they're trying to cover up this guy. Someone that can easily call and resolve this issue.

They have just been acting like they're more concerned about their own pockets than customer's satisfaction. I expect them to have taken up the issue for properly investigation despite providing solid evidence.

Please everyone! I have tried and I'm already fed up. Their customer care is my last resort but they have been nonchalant despite knowing the name, vehicle type, and license plate number of someone working for them. Even the Uber driver in question has failed to refund the money and has been avoiding me.

I went to the bank recently and his account has been frozen but I haven't been able to get my money

This country is just messed up. Even the police aren't helping matters. They are demanding their own share of about 150k

I believe you must have taken time to read through some comments and I bet you, there are some cool solutions here. Please modify this page and share the guy's phone number. You might meet someone that knows someone that knows him. I pity how the guy has tarnished his image because of mere N1m.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 18, 2018
bunmiano:

Take 10 grand out of your remaining balance, buy a gun, track this piece of scum down and empty your clips in his head.
Forget the 1m. His life will compensate for that.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by onatisi(m): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2018
opedaydydx9:
My account was once blocked because of red flag on a mere 30k, the op isn't smart at all...
stop condeming the op by saying he is not smart , there is nothing the bank can do in this case for the following reasons
1)the transaction was not an unauthorised one which would have made freezing of the receiver account mandatory pending the outcome of investigations , the op voluntarily inputed the name and figures , crosschecked it and authorised it . no sensible judge or bank will quickily open a red flag on the receiver account , it is only when transactions are seen as unauthorised that the banks can o such immediately .

2)it is absolutely and totally useless freezing an account with zero balance , because i am sure that immediately the money was sent and received by the driver the first thing he woild have done is to transfer it to another account with another bank and once that transaction is successful there is nothing the originating bank can do .

there is very very little the bank can do in this case because the op himself told the bank he voluntarily authorized it but it was a mistake , there is nothing like mistake or ignorance in law or business . that is why some criminals pay for some items online ,transfer the money but as soon as they get the goods they will quickly notify the bank that they were not the one who authorized it and that their account was hacked , once you tell the bank this then they will block the account IF AND ONLY IF THE RECEIVER ACCOUNT IS WITH THE SAME BANK

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by EMIOMOADEOYE: 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2018
bunmiano:
That's his picture from Uber page

AUGUSTINE CHUKUY CHUKWUDI

I take back my words..........

Omo I dont know oooo

But Im still wondering ..... what relationship does 4,800 have with 1,000,000

I know we are not above mistakes.........but some mistakes are not believable
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by srclark: 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
3RNEST:

You mean Chukwudi the wicked uber driver? grin
lol wicked is not the word ,i think it should be stupid uber driver .He will finish that money in 2 weeks is it not this one that likes grooving
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2018
Maffy2:
If u can truly seek God face for 3dayz, I mean prayer and fasting God will surely intervene. And as 4 Uber people jst try and provide d guy to save someone life.

i really admire your faith...
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
3RNEST:

Which 50#

When transferring from a mobile bank app, #50 is normally deducted from the acct as a charge /service fee but when the account number that you want to send money to, have been saved as a beneficiary, #50 won't be deducted.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by biometrics: 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
Pearl05:
The driver looks like an ex convict.

He has criminal features.
I wish to help proffer solution but op- bunmi look like yahoo boy/format.
Let him answer these question:
How would you make a uber driver your beneficiary when he is not your family.
2ndly, hoped u r not enticing him{N1,500 increment fare} because the fund is not you fund and you are making him 2help you to get the fund to account. Was d same account where you made payment, u want d fund back.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by adeptniyi(m): 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2018
Report to efcc
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sue uber. They employed a criminal
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by noobody(m): 1:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
iyke926:

When transferring from a mobile bank app, #50 is normally deducted from the acct as a charge /service fee but when the account number that you want to send money to, have been saved as a beneficiary, #50 won't be deducted.

Which bank please?

Benificiary added or not,as long as its not the same bank to bank transfer,you wud be charged 52.50 naira.

Same bank transfers na ehm nor dey attract charges

Cheers
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by ajl: 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
Many Nigerians are generally illogical. Most of you are blaming Uber for a transaction that did not occur within the time frame of the ride and the contract of Uber and the rider/passenger. First, the ride was completed and the rider paid the Uber driver. It's at that point Uber contract with the rider ended, except if the error the rider made was made as part of the transaction of the ride. That's when Uber are obliged to act on it. If Uber does anything to assist, it's only a courtesy. The best they can do is to release the driver information to security agencies probably after presenting a court order.

We need to all understand how things work in a normal world. I am wondering how Uber transactions work in Nigeria to the point that you have to be the one transferring money directly to the driver rather than transferring money to Uber, and Uber pays the driver. I mean, don't most Nigerians use debit cards. Payment for rides should be coming from there. But I know that ordinary thing in a normal world would turn out to be complicated in Nigeria. So, if rider transfer ride cost directly to driver, then how does Uber get paid it's commission? Just wondering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by ajl: 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
biometrics:

I wish to help proffer solution but op- bunmi look like yahoo boy/format.
Let him answer these question:
How would you make a uber driver your beneficiary when he is not your family.
2ndly, hoped u r not enticing him{N1,500 increment fare} because the fund is not you fund and you are making him 2help you to get the fund to account. Was d same account where you made payment, u want d fund back.

Your first question about using driver as beneficiary is not relevant. Though it's something that shouldn't have been done since it's a one time payment. More so, beneficiary in this case does not mean family member but simply beneficiary of the fund you want to transfer.

Your second question is very valid but you ought to have rephrased it. In this case, you are assuming that the rider himself could be trying to move fund out of another person account illegally by using the driver account as a "courier"; and he is simply trying to force the driver to return the fund to him. Maybe the Op should post copy of his messages to the driver. You never know. Why did he wait this long? Are there reasons why he could not act fast enough on this, if the N1 million is truly his money.

Most times I like thinking straight and wouldn't want to believe someone is a suspect or can't be trusted. But one always need to when it come to stories like this. If the Op is truly lying, then he could get into trouble too since tracking the driver would eventually lead to him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Black Friday At Ibadan Shoprite: Customers Take Canned Drinks, Ate Packaged Rice / Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble / Obi Cubana Shows Off His Elder Brothers (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.