Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver (68179 Views)

Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / Couple Donate N1m To Man Who Lost His Business To Onitsha Fire (photos / Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by bunmiano: 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2018
KOPT33:
I swear I know this guy. We grew up together in Ikeja. Lol. I have sent this to his family members
Please sir check your pm
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Splashme: 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2018
Go to Uber Office in person at Maryland Mall and lodge a complaint.
1m is too huge for email correspondence only

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by adeeva06(f): 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2018
You have every right to doubt his story. But if you doubt it because you think 1m is too much in a transfer, you be mumu.

I have my doubts too but not on that mumu level wet you dey.

maestroferddi:
You will be misled if you think I do believe you wired any 1M out wrongly...

You story lacks credulity...

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Emmizofficial: 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2018
Libya tins

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by imninja: 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2018
As far as his phone is on track him and catch him red handed, something similar happened to me before and the dude was playing smart, I tracked him down with the help of a tracker and got him arrested. Oga was even spending my money when he was caught.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by ePrive(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2018
maestroferddi:
Your limit is purportedly 6 mil...

What is the highest amount you have wired out?

Have you heard of Anti Money Laundering requirements?

Anti Money Laundering .....EFCC would be alerted if your transaction is over 5 million....but they won't stop the transaction.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by holuphisayor(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2018
maestroferddi:

Ask ur account officer if u need ur limits raised and stop goofing.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by stagger: 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
What a Yeye comment!

You are stupid!

Was Uber around when the careless OP sent a whole 1M to another account without bothering to cross-check the details of the account? Uber's only liabilty here is the inflation of the amount for the fare. Uber only gets involved if the police obtain a court order asking them to release the driver's details to them.

In case you do not know, the details of the drivers working with Uber is confidential information (covered by privacy laws) which cannot be released to just anyone. Even the OP has no authorization to get the driver's details. These can only be released to the police via a court order authorizing this.

There are processes which must be followed and these are standard all over the world. Since you are too dense to know this, I have decided to educate you.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by ProfyJay(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2018
Forgive me to be blunt but i think you seem to be very careless individual.

Before you take a trip Uber gives the option of paying with cash or card, making a bank transfer is not in the option !

You opted for cash overpaid the normal fare which you failed to confirm, saved the beneficiary and made a transfer even though banks ask for name verification and account details before processing your transactions. Your eyes skipped the account number and beneficiary name and you transferred the said amount.

If i were your relative or elder one, i would beat some sense into you. This is a lesson for you!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2018
Joshrob:

Whats are you saying..normal daily limit is 1million if your account details are up to date.
If you have nothing to say just shut up and gerrout of here.

I know that you said normal limit but mien is way over that.

But frankly I do not understand how anyone can transfer the worth amount to the wrong account.

Me sef when I pay my artisans I double triple check before sending because I know that I will never see the refund of any overpayment grin
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by asamwababy: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2018
maestroferddi:
Do some thinking, this man!

He might be locked up at SFU... The police would want to know the kind of job he does that would warrant him wiring as much as one million out without checking closely...

Even Dangote can not trifle with one million the way things writer is making out...

What thinking should i do.

Did the OP tell us he is a thief?

OR are you insinuating that the OP is too young to have over USD3000.

Please dont be shallow minded.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by maestroferddi: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2018
adeeva06:
You are amazingly gullible and sound so poor. What is 1 million?

Is he careless? Absolutely! Is 1 million a big deal in transfer? He'll NO!

I can smell emptiness from a mile...

One million is nothing yet I wager you are not worth beyond this cheap Android phone you carry about like a fortune...

You don't get it, do you?
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2018
bunmiano:

Please sir check your pm

Send it again!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by islandmoon: 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2018
Oluwasaeon:

Please, is doing crypto criminal ? I'd like to know

how did they get amazon card op is buying? from those countries he listed, he should be investigated as well, because that money he transferred to the UBER driver may another style of fraud, see what he listed in his post below

Amazon card needed

Brazil
China
France
Italy

Japan
Mexico
Spain
Germany
India
Canada

take a look at his signature! but of them should be investigated
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2018
ProfyJay:
Forgive me to be blunt but i think you seem to be very careless individual.

Before you take a trip Uber gives the option of paying with cash or card, making a bank transfer is not in the option !

You opted for cash overpaid the normal fare which you failed to confirm, saved the beneficiary and made a transfer even though banks ask for name verification and account details before processing your transactions. Your eyes skipped the account number and beneficiary name and you transferred the said amount.

If i were your relative or elder one, i would beat some sense into you. This is a lesson for you!

True.

I don't know who is raising this crop of Nigerian males.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2018
bigpicture001:
Simple to catch him, use anothrr persons i.d or wotever and demand for his service.make sure its an entirely different location. When he arrives, then u and ur ppl will hold him....simple!
Smartness is far from the guy
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2018
Be more careful next time. Such a costly and careless mistake on your part. Hope you get your money back, though it doesn't look like the uber driver's going to give it back. embarassed

adeeva06:
You have every right to doubt his story. But if you doubt it because you think 1m is too much in a transfer, you be mumu.

Yes, daily transfer limit can be easily increased or changed.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Mankosi: 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2018
This is nigeria. Everybody is a criminal.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Evercurious(f): 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2018
maestroferddi:

PLS KEEP QUIET. IT'S OBVIOUS YOU ARE NT KNOWLEDGEABLE ENOUGH WITH RESPECT TO ISSUES OF TRANSFER LIMIT

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Orpe7(m): 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2018
bunmiano:
I've been a member of Nairaland since 2012 and I'm very frequent with the business section.

I have a very serious issue that has been a pain on my neck and I will try as much as I can to summarize everything

I sent a sum of N1m to a Uber taxi driver's account number on the 20th October, 2018. This money was a part payment bill for one of my family members who is battling with a life-threatening health issues. That happened about 4 weeks ago.

This is how the whole thing happened

A friend of mine paid me a courtesy visit and when he was about leaving, I used my rider app to request a ride for him and the driver came and took him to his destination. He told my friend the estimated cost of the fare was N4,800 but my friend didn't even bother to check because he felt he probably would not lie about it.

My friend called and told me the fare was N4,800 and I requested for the Uber taxi driver's account number after which I made the payment. The next day (20th October), I needed to make a transaction of N1m to someone for a part payment bill of my family member's treatment oblivious of the fact that I actually made the payment to the Uber taxi driver's account number. This was because I added him in my beneficiary when I wanted to make the payment.

I went to the rider app to get his contact, only for me to realize he actually inflated the fare from N3,400 to N4,800 which I literally paid for. You can see he's not an honest person but I wasn't really bothered about that.

I called and pleaded to him to refund the 1m I sent to his account. At first, he acted as if he didn't receive any money but after series of calls, he later confirmed it. I sent my account details to him and he promised to refund me on Monday as it was weekend.

Monday came and the dude started acting funny. He would pick my calls and remain silent. There were times he gave the phone to a lady to talk to me. Sometimes he yelled at me to stop disturbing him, and a point, he even stopped picking my calls

I mailed Uber and narrated everything that transpired. They responded requesting for evidence to back up my claim which I provided. I took screenshots of the first (inflated fare) and second payment and attached it to my massage. They responded telling me I should exercise patience and that they will look into my issue

It's been 4 weeks now and Uber has been lackadaisical towards this issue. I have messaged them several times and they seem to be less concerned about it.
With the way Uber has been acting towards this issue, one could conclude that they're trying to cover up this guy. Someone that can easily call and resolve this issue.

They have just been acting like they're more concerned about their own pockets than customer's satisfaction. I expect them to have taken up the issue for properly investigation despite providing solid evidence.

Please everyone! I have tried and I'm already fed up. Their customer care is my last resort but they have been nonchalant despite knowing the name, vehicle type, and license plate number of someone working for them. Even the Uber driver in question has failed to refund the money and has been avoiding me.

I went to the bank recently and his account has been frozen but I haven't been able to get my money

This country is just messed up. Even the police aren't helping matters. They are demanding their own share of about 150k

Mods please help my situation by pushing this to the front page

Below are the screenshots of everything

U get this kain money u no come invest am for money market. Anyways contact the nearest uber office sharperly no be nairaland
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 17, 2018
babadee1:
People please don't be adding someone as a beneficiary to your payment app when you're only making a one time payment to them. It defeats the entire purpose and makes mistakes like this more likely to happen. Just enter the account details once and forget it. OP sorry for your loss I hope you'll be able to get your money back.

That's exactly what I do. I do not keep favorites. My only favorites are my own accounts.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by ezugegere(m): 9:27pm On Nov 17, 2018
You bleeped up big time. The very first person you should contact in a situation like this is your bank, then the customer's bank before you even call the customer. You have wasted four good weeks. Na wa for u o!

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by uche08066959705(m): 9:27pm On Nov 17, 2018
This story weak me I swear!!!! Nobody is above mistake but adding a driver as beneficiary is do not wise. leave uber and get to bank.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Evercurious(f): 9:27pm On Nov 17, 2018
maestroferddi:

One million is nothing yet I wager you are not worth beyond this cheap Android phone you carry about like a fortune...

SHE IS RIGHT AND YOU RE VERY WRONG....

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by maestroferddi: 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
holuphisayor:

Ask ur account officer if u need ur limits raised and stop goofing.
See this financial illiterate o..

You don't even know what is meant by "limit"..

Account officer is now CBN...

Maybe your yahoo yahoo account officer sets ATM daily withdrawable limits...

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Bizibi(m): 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
bunmiano:
That's his picture from Uber page

AUGUSTINE CHUKUY CHUKWUDI
the face alone says it all.....this one will sleep in a shrine for the op not to come after him with police.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Fasinaomolade: 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
JoseVanMoyes:

u r lying, what's ur daily transfer limit....
can't u see d screenshot niii
JoseVanMoyes:

JoseVanMoyes:

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by stagger: 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
I do not even know exactly what you wanted Uber to do in this case. So if you mistakenly pay money into someone's account and the person is working in the Ministry of Works, is it the Minister you would be harassing?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by adeeva06(f): 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
No, I dont- I don't get why you so gullible.

maestroferddi:

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Banter1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
bunmiano:
That's his picture from Uber page
AUGUSTINE CHUKUY CHUKWUDI
jew? bro God help you recover your money.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by asamwababy: 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2018
adeeva06:

The guy na real Mu Mu.

No wonder some peeps remain poor.

Because they believe people with over 1m are thiefs.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2018
adeeva06:
No, I dont- I don't get why you so gullible.

Why are you trading words with that one ?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business / Black Friday At Ibadan Shoprite: Customers Take Canned Drinks, Ate Packaged Rice / Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.