Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest (34355 Views)

#11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos / University Of Ibadan International School Hijab Ban An Invitation To Chaos-MURIC / University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by newoffer: 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2018
ejibaba:
Silence from the South West elders is not Golden now because Soon the region will be hub to Boko Haram as this is how the North started

At Badia some years ago, we were attacked by Qureshi Muslim groups who said we are disturbing them while we are having an outreach in their community.

We are looking at the mistakes that erects the so called boko Haram in the north.
The typical Yoruba is not religious. when u are fetish u are not religious.
No elders is saying anything
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by OhiOfIhima: 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2018
Royalbloodline:

U are a clown if u believe what u just typed up there

Do you even need to use that word.. It is vr disrespectful man. Chill.
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by OhiOfIhima: 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2018
kayjay69:
I beg to differ but No it is Not. I don't see the connection between what one wears on the outward and peace and moral decency as you have put it. I don't even get the protest. ISI is a private school. The school board has every right to enforce the laws it set forth as it deems fit.
Were those Muslim parents not aware that these were the rules before they sought to enrol their precious little peaceful hijab wearing children there? Did ISI co-opt anyone of them by force? Really this is exactly why we will never ever progress as a country. We leave the real issues and focus on the non issues. Will a bunch of Christian parents go to enrol their kids in a private school that disallows wearing of rosaries or Christian robes, only for those Parents to start protesting later? Have you heard about it anywhere in this country? No one has said don't wear Hijab, just don't wear it to school? Is that too much to ask?
My take on this is that it is an organised ploy by Muslims. But I really don't know what they seek to prove, honestly I don't. Because when we start going down this path be rest assured it will only bring out the worst from all involved. Let sleeping dogs lie. The main purpose of any institution is to gain knowledge not a parade ground for religious values. You have your home or your religious centres for that.

Why dis long episode man.. Chill
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by kayjay69(m): 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2018
It is also unfortunate that Kwara is classified as Northern/Middle belt. I believe with time these things will be corrected. If you ask me sir, I'd say that is what one Nigeria has gotten us and Yorubas should actually be at the forefront of demanding if not an exit them atleast some kind of renegotiation of terms. But the likes of Tinubu and co aren't concerned about this. They are more preoccupied with amassing wealth for their 10 generations to come. In some ways, that is why I am somewhat sympathetic to the biafran struggle even though I feel opportunists have grabbed it for their own selfish end. But if the SE/SS block were to ever realise this, it would force the SW out of its slumber. I don't mean the ruling class, I mean the common man on the streets. It is also sad that we don't have any real figure to rally around in the SW. NO ONE has the interest of the people at heart. We ought to be pulling ourselves out of poverty and making a case for the black race across the world instead we are simply diminishing ourselves, reducing our collective potential, over what? Bragging rights, money? Not one of our leaders seems to even be interested in being a true immortal, doing things that can never be forgotten, touching lives. It is really sad but this is another discussion entirely, forgive me for digressing.

kayjay69:
Sir, you have a case about the Pentecostal faith but it could be a coincidence. I think all of the uproar we see and feel about religion is mainly because of our politics. Our politics and it's principal actors have resorted to any means to ensure they win. They won't lose sleep over inciting one group against the other. For example, the outgoing Gov of Osun State Ogbeni Rauf during his campaign for 2nd term was on record to have said that in a certain muslim dominated town, they should not vote for Omisore cos he would Christianise them even though we know Omisore is only a paper based Christian
Ofcourse it goes both ways, Christian candidates will say same about muslim opponents too. We abandon the real issue and go after sentiment. One can sort of link this ISI issue to Osun State when Ogbeni Aregbe came into power. When a Muslim Governor uses govt power to enforce certain rules seen to be all about Muslims, whether right or wrong, the perception (from the Christian viewpoint) is that he was trying to turn those schools into a Muslim leaning school. I disagreed with his approach and I also disagreed with some of the things CAN said. The problem with these kind of things is that they set a precedence for worse things to come. Govt shouldn't be seen as tacitly backing anyone religion over another, Govt should ensure there's fair play among all religions even in states where one religion has an overwhelming majority. Public schools and places of work should be as secular as possible. Prayers shouldn't be said at all (I could say Pray in Christian and Islamic faith but then again who knows if we will have a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Jew and a traditionalist among the students). Students can pray before coming to school, God answers all prayers we need not over petition him. What we should strive for is a society that projects fairness in all cos I really fear Nigeria as a whole has been built upon too much injustice.
I honestly couldn't agree more about organised religion, it is sad to admit that it has done more to separate than to unite us. But we must aim to rise above all these. Again sir, these are my views. Hijab use is harmless I agree but I fear the precedence this may set. I don't fear it as a Christian, I fear it more as a concerned citizen who simply wishes we would focus our energies in uplifting ourselves as a people. My viewpoint based on my upbringing has always been that, I am first Yoruba first before i am christian. I continue to hold onto this. Thank you for your insights, I appreciate your time and even though it took a while I now understand your viewpoint better than initially.

Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by abdulkayus(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
wirinet:

My argument was that all Muslim countries are violence prone except a few Moderate Muslim ones. Apart from the fact that almost all the countries you listed are suffering terrorism by fundamental (jihad) Muslims, the few exceptions are moderate Muslim nations, ie Turkey, Kuwait. Oman and Brunei.

Are you still asleep or drunk to say there are no terrorists in Indonesia, Malaysia, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia, Mauritania, etc. These countries have suffered the worst of the terrorist attacks of recent memory. Have you forgotten the Bali Bombings?

Please use google to cure your ignorance.

And have you also forget that every country has its own peculiar problem. There are more deaths in US than in some Muslim countries that you despise much. Or is it terrorism killing that u consider as killings?
Have u forgotten about thugs killing in southern Nigeria, drugs killing in South America, shoot out almost every month in US? Mr man, no country is a Saint. And a lot of Muslim countries are peace living countries apart from few that are suffering from crisis.
Purge yourself of hypocrisy and hatred so that you can see clearly

1 Like

Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by ollah2: 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2018
kayjay69:
Sir, you have a case about the Pentecostal faith but it could be a coincidence. I think all of the uproar we see and feel about religion is mainly because of our politics. Our politics and it's principal actors have resorted to any means to ensure they win. They won't lose sleep over inciting one group against the other. For example, the outgoing Gov of Osun State Ogbeni Rauf during his campaign for 2nd term was on record to have said that in a certain muslim dominated town, they should not vote for Omisore cos he would Christianise them even though we know Omisore is only a paper based Christian
Ofcourse it goes both ways, Christian candidates will say same about muslim opponents too. We abandon the real issue and go after sentiment. One can sort of link this ISI issue to Osun State when Ogbeni Aregbe came into power. When a Muslim Governor uses govt power to enforce certain rules seen to be all about Muslims, whether right or wrong, the perception (from the Christian viewpoint) is that he was trying to turn those schools into a Muslim leaning school. I disagreed with his approach and I also disagreed with some of the things CAN said. The problem with these kind of things is that they set a precedence for worse things to come. Govt shouldn't be seen as tacitly backing anyone religion over another, Govt should ensure there's fair play among all religions even in states where one religion has an overwhelming majority. Public schools and places of work should be as secular as possible. Prayers shouldn't be said at all (I could say Pray in Christian and Islamic faith but then again who knows if we will have a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Jew and a traditionalist among the students). Students can pray before coming to school, God answers all prayers we need not over petition him. What we should strive for is a society that projects fairness in all cos I really fear Nigeria as a whole has been built upon too much injustice.
I honestly couldn't agree more about organised religion, it is sad to admit that it has done more to separate than to unite us. But we must aim to rise above all these. Again sir, these are my views. Hijab use is harmless I agree but I fear the precedence this may set. I don't fear it as a Christian, I fear it more as a concerned citizen who simply wishes we would focus our energies in uplifting ourselves as a people. My viewpoint based on my upbringing has always been that, I am first Yoruba first before i am christian. I continue to hold onto this. Thank you for your insights, I appreciate your time and even though it took a while I now understand your viewpoint better than initially.

I have problem with any person or body that preaches hate, bigotry and intolerance. Unfortunately, it can easily be found in Pentecostalism. Could you state what Aregbe did when he came to power in Osun state which correlates with this discourse?

ISI is government school financed by tax payers from every reigion in the land, so Muslims have the right to demand for Mosque. I can also bet that this same school has more than one Christian centre(Chapel, Church etc).

It's completely wrong for Aregbe to have said that but mind you this politics of religion has always been utilised by Politicians and religious leaders. Some pastors have bluntly told their congregation not to vote for Buhari because he wants to Islamize Nigeria.

The first thing i would strip Nigeria off if i had the power is religion. I would rather us worship the gods of the land than some alien gods from middle east.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by ollah2: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2018
abdulkayus:

And have you also forget that every country has its own peculiar problem. There are more deaths in US than in some Muslim countries that you despise much. Or is it terrorism killing that u consider as killings?
Have u forgotten about thugs killing in southern Nigeria, drugs killing in South America, shoot out almost every month in US? Mr man, no country is a Saint. And a lot of Muslim countries are peace living countries apart from few that are suffering from crisis.
Purge yourself of hypocrisy and hatred so that you can see clearly

Islam is the reason why there are uprisings in the North but Islam isn't the reason why South west is peaceful.
Islam is the reason why there are problems in some Muslim countries but Islam isn't the reason why there is peace in some Muslim countries. Christianity isn't the reason why there are more deaths in USA carried out by Christians more than all these Countries.

Hypocrisy and bigotry are Christians
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
ollah2:

If you sommersault from now till end of time, your brains will remain dead as it has always been. Who is running the British Grammer school? The missionaries?

Scroll up and read the way your fellow christian kills for jesus

grin

You surely made no sense.

good day
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by ollah2: 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
tamethem:

grin

You surely made no sense.

good day

Nothing makes sense to a mad man grin
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
ollah2:

Nothing makes sense to a mad man grin

Every one knows who ever worships a Mad man is nothing else but a mad man.

What is less insane than asking your followers to kill who ever does not worship your god or who ever was worshiping him before and left to worship another god. and after all that wake up to call the same religion "Religion of Peace" grin

What is peaceful in Cutting human heads because he or she made a choice to worship the way he she wants

Undiluted Madness that is. grin

You and your prophet are mentally derailed.

grin
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by ollah2: 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2018
tamethem:

Every one knows who ever worships a Mad man is nothing else but a mad man.

What is less insane than asking your followers to kill who ever does not worship your god or who ever was worshiping him before and left to worship another god. and after all that wake up to call the same religion "Religion of Peace" grin

What is peaceful in Cutting human heads because he or she made a choice to worship the way he she wants

Undiluted Madness that is. grin

You and your prophet are mentally derailed.

grin

Well you are right.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10
“If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery" 

See the madness your god and his worshippers like you posses?
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2018
ollah2:

Well you are right.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10
“If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery" 

See the madness your god and his worshippers like you posses?

Your senselessness is as high as Kilimanjaro grin

I wonder if you are not a drop out. Half educated mofo

Do you even know the meaning of Christians?

Followers of Christ. That is the meaning

Jesus never ever taught us killing of anyone not even ppl that are killing us. That is why he said turn the other Cheek.

The verse you quote was one of the laws of Moses. Not an instruction of Christ.

We are not called Moses followers but Christ followers.

When Jesus was asked if it was lawful to divorce one's wife according to what Moses told the Israelites, He said " Moses because of your hard hearts told you this but in the beginning it was not so"

Moses was a prophet and a human who when doing his job acted out of his human senses. And not the mind of God.

Jesus who is the Son of God came with the message of peace.

That is why your demonic provocations are taken with peace. If we respond same way your prophet taught you, the world would be in total Chaos by now.

Now your madness has been exposed once again.

You and your prophet of destruction are insane

No Apology !!!!

1 Like

Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by ollah2: 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2018
tamethem:

Your senselessness is as high as Kilimanjaro grin

I wonder if you are not a drop out. Half educated mofo

Do you even know the meaning of Christians?

Followers of Christ. That is the meaning

Jesus never ever taught us killing of anyone not even ppl that are killing us. That is why he said turn the other Cheek.

The verse you quote was one of the laws of Moses. Not an instruction of Christ.

We are not called Moses followers but Christ followers.

When Jesus was asked if it was lawful to divorce one's wife according to what Moses told the Israelites, He said " Moses because of your hard hearts told you this but in the beginning it was not so"

Moses was a prophet and a human who when doing his job acted out of his human senses. And not the mind of God.

Jesus who is the Son of God came with the message of peace.

That is why your demonic provocations are taken with peace. If we respond same way your prophet taught you, the world would be in total Chaos by now.

Now your madness has been exposed once again.

You and your prophet of destruction are insane

No Apology !!!!

Lol, Jesus is the son of God and not God anymore? Don't you guys brand Jesus as Lord? But suddenly he is now the son of God.

Well, let's pretend he is the son of God.

Which God approved all these

EX 17:13 With the Lord's approval, Joshua mows down Amalek and his people.
EX 21:20-21 With the Lord's approval, a slave may be beaten to death with no punishment for the perpetrator as long as the slave doesn't die too quickly.
EX 32:27 "Put every man his sword by his side,and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor.
EX 32:27-29 With the Lord's approval, the Israelites slay 3000 men.
LE 26:7-8 The Lord promises the Israelites that, if they are obedient, their enemies will "fall before your sword."
LE 26:22 "I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children."

Your god is one hell of a confused and murderous god
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by Standardcosting(m): 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2018
[s]
Okoyeebo:
The school should be left open to students and closed to protesters. Let the protesters stay outside and be making noise.

By 1pm when better Ibadan sun enter their head, they would leave one by one.
[/s]
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
ollah2:

Lol, Jesus is the son of God and not God anymore? Don't you guys brand Jesus as Lord? But suddenly he is now the son of God.

Well, let's pretend he is the son of God.

Which God approved all these

EX 21:20-21 With the Lord's approval, a slave may be beaten to death with no punishment for the perpetrator as long as the slave doesn't die too quickly.
EX 32:27 "Put every man his sword by his side,and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor.
LE 26:7-8 The Lord promises the Israelites that, if they are obedient, their enemies will "fall before your sword."
LE 26:22 "I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children."

Your god is one hell of a confused and murderous god

grin guy you are just displaying your stupidity for the world to see.

Note my Monika grin

I am not just a Christian but one with a difference. I am grounded in the word of God and there is nothing you and your likes can say that I don't have a genuine answer to. Even if your prophet wakes up and confront me I will beat him hands down.

No joke grin

Despite the fact that that you are senseless. I will still answer you

Proverbs 26:4-5

4: Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

5: Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

I am following the two instructions, so when I don't answer you again, don't think you have won. It is just for you not to rub your foolishnesses on me. because Madness is contagious. grin

** Jesus is the Son of God and The Lord .
*** God is God and the Lord
* Husbands and bosses are both referred to as lords

In the Bible Lord is used both for God and Jesus.

Lord is also used by the Jews according to their culture for their Husbands and Bosses. (Culture)

So it is your common sense that should be able to discern which of the Lords referred to.

Example;

Genesis 4:9
And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper? ( The Lord referring to God)

Psalms 110:1
The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
( David writing says the Lord said to my Lord) two Lords. Meaning God Jehovah said to my Lord Jesus.

1 Peter 3:6
Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
( Sarah calling her husband Abraham Lord). Their culture.

So now what are you driving at?

Have you stopped to ask why Lawyers call the Judge my Lord? Your madness won't allow you.

Are the Lawyers referring to God or Jesus.

When you Muslims come up with arguments you always leave your senses behind.

Now I have answered you so that you won't think you are wise in your foolishness.

I am ignoring you now also so that I won't be like you.

You are as senseless as your prophet

grin
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by ollah2: 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
tamethem:

Note my Monika grin

I am not just a Christian but one with a difference. I am grounded in the word of God and there is nothing you and your likes can say that I don't have a genuine answer to. Even if your prophet wakes up and confront me I will beat him hands down.

No joke grin

I am following the two instructions, so when I don't answer you again, don't think you have won. It is just for you not to rub your foolishnesses on me. because Madness is contagious. grin

Lord is also used by the Jews according to their culture for their Husbands and Bosses. (Culture)

So it is your common sense that should be able to discern which of the Lords referred to.

Example;

And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper? ( The Lord referring to God)

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
( David writing says the Lord said to my Lord) two Lords. Meaning God Jehovah said to my Lord Jesus.

Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

Have you stopped to ask why Lawyers call the Judge my Lord? Your madness won't allow you.

Now I have answered you so that you won't think you are wise in your foolishness.

grin

Which terrorist and murderous god commanded all these

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 which says
“If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery" is

Answer on a postcard

Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by Lawanshamsu871: 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
tamethem:

Go to Iree in Osun where Iree Poly is situated. These people fought and fought until they built a mosque on the Baptist Grammar School compound. They claim that the Christian Students have a chapel. A chapel that was built with the school in 1956 or 58 when the school was built by the missionaries.

They claim that their children too need a mosque to worship.

There was a serious fight for almost a year until the King had to beg the Baptist Convention to give them a portion to build their mosque.

When the land was given they built one jagajaga mosque there ( you know they don't have taste before now) After about a year they without consulting the School authority expanded the portion given to them with a new Fence and after doing that they rented part of it to one of their members for a Car Wash. Right in front of a Christian School.

The question is Can this fools allow a Christian Fellowship Center to be built on the land of a Muslim school like Anwar-Islam of Anwar- deen .

If you doubt my claim go to Iree in Osun state the school is on the major road , ask of Baptist Grammar school and right in front of it is the Mosque.

Islam is the major weapon the Devil will finally use to destroy this world.

You have to understand one thing. We are now in free world. Everyone has an equal right to be given to to him so as to, practice his religion. As you said, Muslims were given a portion of land to build a mosque while Christian already have their historic church. Why did you think that Muslims have no right over the school, if you really want stabilize peace? I'm still wondering why some Christian abuses prophet Muhammad. You will never see a Muslim, a truly Muslim say a bad words or even abuses Jesus. May God bless us and put us on the right path.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by BAILMONEY: 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
LisaAnne:

don't be silly
LISA TELL ME THE TRUTH. DID HE VISIT OSHODI ISALE
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by Lawanshamsu871: 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2018
islandmoon:

like this? gerrout of here, hijab is nothing if you dont train your children!

Whatever the type of pictures you might sent, this does not mean anything to those who are protesting over the right of their children. They just want to the body of their children to be covered. This means that, some part of their body need to be unseen. This is according to thier Islamic teaching.

But the argument here is that, why did Christian hate to see Muslim cover themselves? And I believed that, even in the HOLY BIBLE, it is prohibited to walk beer unadorned, in which most of the Christian imbibed the habit of doing so. We Muslim respect the teaching of our religion and that is why you could see Muslim fighting over something which may be useless to you but important to us.

Remember, the above pictures can't stop them in any way from this protest. If you think this will work then continue trying.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by odigbosky(m): 2:33am On Nov 20, 2018
Demmzy15:

Maybe you should retread your posts, it's obvious you're suffering from amnesia. And why should government schools with some bigoted authorities ban the hijab? This schools are maintained by the tax payers money and Muslims pay taxes, so no school authority has any right to do so in a government school. If you want your own rules, build your own, don't come and make stupid rules because you head an organization. That's bollocks.

Another indication you don't know the meaning of secular. Hijab is for Muslim women and not Christians, no one is forcing it on anyone. Secularism is accompanied with liberalism and democracy, the people choose what they want, it doesn't affect you or the government. You people need to study more and stop displaying ignorance.

You think the West is bigoted like you cheesy grin Even oga trump with all his gra gra can't stop hijab in the US. Anyways, I won't provide you with anything, Google is free. Don't be a lazy yoot.

There is a seperation between State and Religion. That line should not be crossed. Truth is that govt has no bizness fronting religion
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by wirinet(m): 7:12am On Nov 20, 2018
ollah2:

I have problem with any person or body that preaches hate, bigotry and intolerance. Unfortunately, it can easily be found in Pentecostalism. Could you state what Aregbe did when he came to power in Osun state which correlates with this discourse?

You have a problem with any body that preaches hate but you have never spoken against any Muslim group that actually carries out hate crimes. You have never preached against Boko Haram, ISIS and Muslims that kill Christians in the name of Allah.

ISI is government school financed by tax payers from every reigion in the land, so Muslims have the right to demand for Mosque. I can also bet that this same school has more than one Christian centre(Chapel, Church etc).

There is the argument that ISI is a private institution, but even if it is public, that's the more reason religion should be avoided and separated from the school. What is the purpose of a mosque, church, Temple, shrine in a public school? Are you people training imams or religious scholars? You are not fighting to have better classrooms, you are not protesting for well equipped library, ICT centres or laboratories, you are ready to commit suicide and murder for hijab and mosque in a public school. Does that make sense?

It's completely wrong for Aregbe to have said that but mind you this politics of religion has always been utilised by Politicians and religious leaders. Some pastors have bluntly told their congregation not to vote for Buhari because he wants to Islamize Nigeria.

Religion in politics, which is an explosive mix.
Namadi sambo said during campaign in the north that Buhari/Oshibajo wants to christianize Nigerian. It's all politics
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10204861002677640&id=1616562173&_rdr

The first thing i would strip Nigeria off if i had the power is religion. I would rather us worship the gods of the land than some alien gods from middle east.
This is not the topic at hand today. The topic is the impropriety of having hijabs, mosques, churches, and other religious insignias in public schools.
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by ollah2: 8:16am On Nov 20, 2018
wirinet:

You have a problem with any body that preaches hate but you have never spoken against any Muslim group that actually carries out hate crimes. You have never preached against Boko Haram, ISIS and Muslims that kill Christians in the name of Allah.

There is the argument that ISI is a private institution, but even if it is public, that's the more reason religion should be avoided and separated from the school. What is the purpose of a mosque, church, Temple, shrine in a public school? Are you people training imams or religious scholars? You are not fighting to have better classrooms, you are not protesting for well equipped library, ICT centres or laboratories, you are ready to commit suicide and murder for hijab and mosque in a public school. Does that make sense?

Namadi sambo said during campaign in the north that Buhari/Oshibajo wants to christianize Nigerian. It's all politics
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10204861002677640&id=1616562173&_rdr

This is not the topic at hand today. The topic is the impropriety of having hijabs, mosques, churches, and other religious insignias in public schools.

Trash
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by Kendude: 9:17am On Nov 20, 2018
islandmoon:
I believe there are islamic schools, like Nasfat,Ansar u'deen etc
why cant they just build more islamic schools?
they can even build bigger islamic schools! angry
this people just love to scatter things!

THE SCHOOL IS NOT ISLAMIC SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!
yes the school also not Christian school how does their hijab affect them
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by Kendude: 9:23am On Nov 20, 2018
HigherEd:
How can you insist that a private school must make exceptions for only you guys. Have you ever seen CAN fighting this kind of useless fights all over the country. Rather their members establish their own schools and run it as they like.
In Oyedepo schools tuesday, 8-10am is dedicated for church services and nobody complains. The height of silliness would then be clamouring for the same thing in public schools.
Moral of the story: if you want schools where they learn Qur'an every morning sef just go and establish them and nobody will even bother you.

Go to ansarudeen, nasfat schools and stop disturbing us.
UI International school is for Muslim and Christian not Christian missionary sch. stop criticizing using of hijab
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by princfred(m): 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2018
tamethem:

Note my Monika grin

No joke grin

Example;

grin

Worst still, they will be claiming foolishly to know Bible pass Christians while they have not being able to decipher that Mohammad was a barbarian and pedophile. Interpreting Bible with mumu Islamic logic. Thesame logic that make blow up themselves for 72 virgins.
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by princfred(m): 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2018
wirinet:

The guys is too brain-dead courtesy of barbaric Muslims to appreciate what you wrote.
Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by princfred(m): 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2018
Lawanshamsu871:

Whatever the type of pictures you might sent, this does not mean anything to those who are protesting over the right of their children. They just want to the body of their children to be covered. This means that, some part of their body need to be unseen. This is according to thier Islamic teaching.

But the argument here is that, why did Christian hate to see Muslim cover themselves? And I believed that, even in the HOLY BIBLE, it is prohibited to walk beer unadorned, in which most of the Christian imbibed the habit of doing so. We Muslim respect the teaching of our religion and that is why you could see Muslim fighting over something which may be useless to you but important to us.

Remember, the above pictures can't stop them in any way from this protest. If you think this will work then continue trying.
If you like cover your self with canopy no body gives fvck. This reality is what matters to sane people as Hijab constitutes a security concern to others:

Hijab has been used to carry out suicide bombings

Majority of the suicide bombers cover themselves with hijab, including boys because when they cover themselves you can't know if they are boys or girls, they put the bombs under the hijab

Muslims have been using this hijabs to terrorize we non Muslims. Enough is enough
IslamaBad

-Soulless.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 20, 2018
princfred:

Worst still, they will be claiming foolishly to know Bible pass Christians while they have not being able to decipher that Mohammad was a barbarian and pedophile. Interpreting Bible with mumu Islamic logic. Thesame logic that make blow up themselves for 72 virgins.

grin abi o.

All manner of Atrocities commited by this their prophet. Can you imaging someone who calls himself a prophet went to check his Son (adopted)
he got to his house , he did not meet him but saw the wife bathing at the yard. When the adopted son came he told him that Allah said the woman is supposed to be married to the prophet. grin

And the adopted son too gullibly accepted. The lady moved into the house of our dear prophet and became one of his wives. grin wonders shall neva end!!

If such was preached about Jesus ,I bet I would never be a Christian. If I was born into it, on reading such news about him I would leave the religion.

Common sense should tell anyone that, that singular act was lust and greed at work.

This same ppl are now the ones that would come and be twisting the bible, turning it upside down to win argument?

People that can't think and see that what they are being taught is Evil?
Same would now come and be talking ill of the Son of God that was without sin?

Nonsense!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? / YABATECH Student Mocks Fire Service Men, We Should Call A DJ / What Is The Differences Between Pre-degree And Remedial?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.