Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country (50679 Views)

No Gree For Anybody: Now See This, Na Your Lane, You Go Gree? (pics) / If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Komu1048(m): 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2018
drakeli:

Wahala le kora yin si. You see, when I was in Nigeria before moving to the US, I had no friends. I mean no real friends. I was not that a cool guy with all the friends in the world. I was an introvert. Not cool at all right? I was not social. Of course I was good to everyone. Everyone that had the opportunity to know me liked my personality. I was not a fan of Facebook either. Technically, I didn’t have a Facebook. So no real Facebook friends. Fast forward to today in the US, I’m a change person with good social life with lots of friends here. That my past has really helped me. I have no friends asking me for money on Facebook. No friend has ever done that because I didn’t have one in the first place. Most of my Facebook friends are people I met here.

It's time to have one here.

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Beautyaddy: 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I don't block people quickly so I did not block him and even after cautioning him he was still going on trying to convince me why I should send money to him. Even had the audacity to send his account number unrequested. Who does that? grin

Desperate fools do that.

In fact you even have time to keep warning the fool.

I only give such desperate fools asking for money that I don't intend to give only one warning and if they violate just that one warning then I'll block them for life.

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2018
Taiwoolumide:

I live in USA and I got in two years ago. Some people back home are really inhuman. Few of my recent experience. My best friend before I left Naija started calling me to use my bank account and home address for internet fraud, he was a good man when we were together ...would you blame for staying away from him?
2. A childhood friend of mine who finished his NYSC last few months and is obviously out of job, I offered to give him #300k and he said he would only use it to eat that that is too small for anything. I connected him to my aunt for a job and he eventually disrespected my 55yrs old aunt .
3. A lady I met when I was working as a classroom teacher in a sch is out of job. I offered her to go learn hair and makeup and I was willing to set her up. She came back and requested for. 50k for the training fee which I sent the following day. She didn’t even pay for the training. She came back months later to ask me for money flying furnish her newly rented 900k apartment in surulere. A supposedly non working girl.

Lastly, a cousin of mine has always been asking for money. Sometimes I send 20...sometimes 10, sometimes 50 depending on my pocket. I noticed that on he is always at the club and post pictures of expensive drinks on IG and Facebook. Which man will be in his right senses and work then give a cousin to keep drinking. Almost all the family members here noticed that.

Some of the people disturbing you for money have more money than you. So far my conscience is clean. My friend don’t help me... wash
My brother is heartless... story
My cousin abandoned me

Is it that you only have grumpy irresponsible people around you? None of them ever related with you without begging and none ever did something reasonable with the money you gave them?
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by jesmond3945: 3:03pm On Nov 20, 2018
Taiwoolumide:

I live in USA and I got in two years ago. Some people back home are really inhuman. Few of my recent experience. My best friend before I left Naija started calling me to use my bank account and home address for internet fraud, he was a good man when we were together ...would you blame for staying away from him?
2. A childhood friend of mine who finished his NYSC last few months and is obviously out of job, I offered to give him #300k and he said he would only use it to eat that that is too small for anything. I connected him to my aunt for a job and he eventually disrespected my 55yrs old aunt .
3. A lady I met when I was working as a classroom teacher in a sch is out of job. I offered her to go learn hair and makeup and I was willing to set her up. She came back and requested for. 50k for the training fee which I sent the following day. She didn’t even pay for the training. She came back months later to ask me for money flying furnish her newly rented 900k apartment in surulere. A supposedly non working girl.

Lastly, a cousin of mine has always been asking for money. Sometimes I send 20...sometimes 10, sometimes 50 depending on my pocket. I noticed that on he is always at the club and post pictures of expensive drinks on IG and Facebook. Which man will be in his right senses and work then give a cousin to keep drinking. Almost all the family members here noticed that.

Some of the people disturbing you for money have more money than you. So far my conscience is clean. My friend don’t help me... wash
My cousin abandoned me
my guy you try o anyway money dey usa sha
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 20, 2018
elvision1:

I hope you read this cus i had to take my time out for you. Normally i would just read and scroll back to front page but some people are mentally ill and need to be addressed to prevent them from infecting you.

I want you to look at the sickening comments on this thread, especially the ones whom you replied to explain to.

Foremost most of these people lack deductive skills and reasoning and can't even tell it wasn't a time difference of two months.

Most times when you come on nairaland don't expect reasons . Some people on here are vile and tend to want to sound intelligent for the likes, so they would say anything.
Study their online psychology its the way they think..the thing about your thoughts is that it says a lot about your inner recesses.
Know that your friend could have been one of these nigerians posting those chaffs and would have still shamelessly asked for your help going out.

Even if you wanted cash from him you wouldn't be wrong to ask. All these unlicensed morality police judging you are as some people have already put ingrates and hypocrites who think the world is after them. Most of them are just bitter about what life doled out to them home or abroad.
don't let these idiots comments get to you. They are the reason nigeria doesn't have good leaders because they stemmed out from within them.

When he borrowed your coat he wasn't a begger, now just for saying ''hi'' look how they come at you. When you live in a city like lagos you get to know that people tend to transfer aggression . some of these negatively commenting folks are suffering from experience truama while the rest bunch are obviously dumb. Never take their negativity to heart and please don't give them the prestige of a reply, even if they are wrong the no of likes has knocked them senseless that goes to show the amount of sick nigerians that walk the street by you everyday. Becareful who you call friend.

person wey no even fit say ''howfar my guy' thanks for the coat i don dey yankee we go hala later for 8years na person?''
I swear i cut ties from those outside naija faster than a thunder replies lightening. I don't even chat them up, even less add them cus some go change I.D. Even the ones in naija. I remeber when my aunt for yankee send me her broda numba near my skul say make i kal am, i kal am but he kon dey respond passively, o boi days later when i wan free sim contacts im number follow loss. Guy u don't understand, there's no time. Abi is it my couz that travelled out then he cut out all form of contacts doesn't reply facebook chats but replies the ones from non relatives, oboi i bone am years later he chatted me up and i told him ''wetin happen this one wey you chat me so''? Started giving funny excuses, i told him '' guy forget you don f.cuk up, me i no dey vex but na person wey dey feed you in the afternoon when you dey hungry sometimes when you no fit even call say, bros awfa i don land we go talk later na dey vex for you pass'' which was true cus the bros was helpful to him. since then we no even chat again and i no send am and he knows it. (P.S ; he went to meet his mom to school, so he's not struggling nor a worker so expecting money from him would be stretching it)
The stories too much, these migrating folks think they are being witch hunted by home folks. Lmao! And are very paranoid.

God help the person that threatens to block me for saying hi even within the local hemisphere. My pride na trampolin would rather die of hunger than beg an ungrateful buffoon for a morsel of eba. The victory of death is fear.
Guy hold your side, as for that friend forget am, he no reach. Face your hustle make you bone am like those indian bots for facebook wey dey always lose pounds like careless paupers. these unenlightened comments from these knuckleheads has soiled my thumbs.

Omo, I was astonished and dumbfounded at the kind of barrages of reply I'm seeing here, oh man, is that how Nigerians reason? How about waiting until he begs for money before concluding? How about telling him he doesn't have enough to spare? I'm shook bro.

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
sirhamilton:

Can I send you a pm? I'd love your counsel on a subject. I reside in Chicago
PS: I don't want to ask for money, just advise cool

Please do.

Thanks.
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by sirhamilton(m): 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Please do.

Thanks.
Done

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by elvision1(m): 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
God bless you .. thanks I was surprised that dey said am need of money that I want to chat him...I only say hi just to know hope he is doing fine... Even I have a friend Also in USA ..I was the one that encouraged him concerning his career now he is in USA ..I was shocked ..I was happy .. some years later he send me a gift from USA without asking but he told me I should accept this as a little token ...I did not bother him ... neither asking for money till now he do chat me...my own is to know hope you are doing fine in abroad

If i was in your shoes,i wouldn't even bother explaining to them, because of who i am, before i take your judgement seriously i evaluate your level of mental comprehension and articulation. I just had to reply you so you don't take them seriously. Some of these people online can always make you question your I.Q sometimes. In a scenario where even if you wanted to drink water from a bucket and you find it empty and you decide to ask your younger brother who fetched water kindly why he didn't fill it up, if your younger brother slaps and insult you, you would still see people on here that would say ''why did you ask him?'' ''why did you open the bucket?'' ''why didn't you dig tap?'' ''why are you thirsty?'' ''why did you not buy purewater?'' etc. Lol see when you start to understand a society, you learn to overlook their shortcomings. Nigeria is the reason i fully understood why Mental slavery is worst than physical chains.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Loverheart(m): 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2018
Taiwoolumide:

My cousin abandoned me

Sorry about your bad experience..... The name strikes familiar...... Do you have a friend by the name "Yomi" back in school
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by elvision1(m): 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2018
kentoski:

Omo, I was astonished and dumbfounded at the kind of barrages of reply I'm seeing here, oh man, is that how Nigerians reason? How about waiting until he begs for money before concluding? How about telling him he doesn't have enough to spare? I'm shook bro.

My guy na so dem dey reason o! Without meditation. Na thesame shock and disgust make me reply.

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by 77up(m): 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2018
pastie:

This is the most dumbest comment I have ever come across on nairaland,
Because it lacks a simple comprehension.

Op clearly stated 8 years but your thick skull keep reading 2 months.
I have never seen in the post where op beg for money but your thick skull keep insisting.
Your brain is in your skull, make use of it please.
Sure you are quoting wrong person
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by jesmond3945: 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2018
Simbrixton:
well na ur way be that, which area do you live
i live in manchester what if Godforbid something happens to your job? What would you fall back on?
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by pastie(m): 7:40pm On Nov 20, 2018
77up:
Sure you are quoting wrong person
Both you and the wrong person have same IQ
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by 77up(m): 8:07pm On Nov 20, 2018
pastie:

Both you and the wrong person have same IQ
I hate offending people was the reason why I first asked if you are quoting the wrong person but now I see that you are very far from whom to honour and I actually don't need to know your ancestors before I could deduced that stupidity rains in your world.

Who wouldn't know that your surname is dullard? I didn't comment on your post neither do I quote you but as a fool and idiot that you are , you chose to jump on my mention , where did you see "2 month" in my comment Mr rat brain? I like the comment and I complemented it so how was that an headiche to your generation? you just chose to be unfurtenate .

Wo, am not in mood to type , be careful!

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Simbrixton(m): 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2018
jesmond3945:
i live in manchester what if Godforbid something happens to your job? What would you fall back on?
i have a cousin in Manchester very cheap London is expensive mate, well I do a blue collar job at night to boost my income
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by sirhamilton(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2018
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by femmix112(m): 8:47pm On Nov 20, 2018
bujebudanu1:
Well . people abroad always feel that are on top of the world. grin
All of us go go the abroad.so I see no reason for the yanga
Traveling na turn by turn.
If u get reason to travel.u will travel.
.i don't know why people over there think we that are here are nothing.

I stopped entering Facebook cos of this nonsense.this is my 3rd year of no Facebook.
My guys that we were so close are now ignoring my chats.they don't even reply.
They think is everybody that beg online.

I get bros here.wey talk say him no dey go relocate go anywhere.

His travels are all expenses paid.every year , different countries

Op.dont depend on friends... only your blood siblings abroad can help you.
even ur blood can Bleep up
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by mctowel01: 2:09am On Nov 21, 2018
Olarewaju89:

You must be wicked somebody i swear! How can you be talking gibberish from your mouth? You better change your attitudes please.
Honestly, he spoke with a lot of wisdom. I don't know your age, but certain experiences you have will open you to the meaning of his advice there. What he said is the same advice I will give a true friend or brother
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by mctowel01: 2:13am On Nov 21, 2018
Mace0lane:
from wherever or however you have ever been helped learn to be grateful. All the nonsense you typed with the likes you got is the doing of ingrates one should never render help to.
I second. if you ask him how many people from his village he keeps contact with everyday, he will be mute. He is just an ingrate, trying to feel entitled. He should learn to accept things and move on, just like the people he has ignored too have done
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by WhiteJacket: 2:36am On Nov 21, 2018
Alezy:
the behavior is cos of same reason some guys comments out there.

Its as if when u try to reach out, u automatically want something. Very wrong mentality
But its very common, and they ve experienced it probably many times.

I personally have helped many of my friends too and I don't have a problem with it. Infact, I ve had negative experiences where some old friend called and was arrogantly asking for money for his "sick mum". Because I use to know him and his family very well,I decided to help. So he kept bugging my phone daily for the money, till I eventually helped and just as he came out of nowhere, he disappeared into nowhere. Well, I don't let that bother me, neither do I think of opening threads on it.
My second experience was with a lady. She asked for some money, I mistakenly sent triple the amount(my phone banking was acting up) So when she saw it, I asked she return the extra to my brother,... Guess what, she started bargaining the return amount and how much I could let go off... on my own money o. I had to be firm to ensure she returned some of it. At that point, what i thought was that the only thing she owed me was honesty in returning the balance, since there was no way I could find you or chase you up. Tell me. if you ve had these sort of experiences, you wouldn't be cautious when talking with people over there.

3 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by WhiteJacket: 4:46am On Nov 21, 2018
LegalOpinion:

Very correct.

Most Nigerians have this disgusting entitlement mentality.

I remember when I got a job and was given a new car (on loan). Some people started lamenting that I have forgotten them because I have made it. I quickly disconnected from them forever.

Such people are dangerously envious.

I strongly agree. Not just envious, but selfish too but you don't get to notice it. They are only looking for a way to just hang on you without regards. They make smear statements like "eh, you are now proud abi" The real problem is that they ve failed to separate the envy from the friendship. Envy is sometimes natural, but we make a choice to let it linger on

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by WhiteJacket: 4:55am On Nov 21, 2018
afroxyz:

But did he ask for money? Why didnt his cousin wait for him to demand for money before displaying madness. If he asks for money can the just say no. Why go about it childishly? Besides the man that went abroad, didn't people help him? After I years he wants to ask for money now? Nigerians are really demented
If his ulterior motive wasn't to eventually request for money or payback of some sort, his topic would not be 'Never """"depend"""" on anyone outside the country ' Beside, talking about his girlfriend and whatever she does shows how senseless and childish he let things turn him into. The OP is basically feeling toooo ENTITLED.
We need not forget thats its a cold world out there. I bet the op also forgot all his high school buddies who promised to keep in touch everyday. This thread is plain silly

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by WhiteJacket: 5:26am On Nov 21, 2018
athaliya:
Had this friend who relocated to the USA, I also decided to relocate a year later, I needed to pay for a certain subscription that is restricted to North-Americans. I begged this friend to help with the payment ($35), I asked her for her details so I could send her $50 for her trouble. She refused saying we are too close for her to collect money for such a small thing. She said she'll do the payment by month end when she must have gotten her next salary. I waited till the next month, no show...
I offered her $70 thinking the hidden expenses are more than $15, she didn't help o. She eventually blocked me on whatsapp. An e-friend in Canada later helped me do the payment and I ensured I reimbursed the friend of course.
The friend visited Nigeria recently and was sharing scarf and body cream for her friends. Lol.....
The evil in some peoples heart though.
Calm down madame..
Lol.. This is how you just generate enemies from thin air. Infact , nairaland makes me think some people are not as matured as they seem or look.
This was just a case of someone's value system. I personally don't think that way, but I grew up with people who think the same. For instance, some of my folks can never collect money from certain close people for services, purchases and favors which are below a certain amount, especially when its not as a business transaction. It doesn't make them evil. For some people, they believe its best to not even do the favor, than collecting such amount. Probably, she was unfortunate not to be able to get the money or something, meanwhile, you just carry it on your head that the person is evil.

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by viewflux(m): 12:34pm On Nov 21, 2018
Ghostmode2two:

MY BROTHER THE FRIEND I BOUGHT TICKET FOR IS A FRIEND WE ATE TOGETHER BEFORE HE TRAVELLED AND HE PROMISED SENDING THE MONEY BACK TO ME ONCE HE SETTLES DOWN. I WAS HAVING TWO HUNDRED K IN MY ACCOUNT AND HE NEEDED ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY K.I GAVE HIM THE MONEY STILL.

No mind them jo, Na there way, all of them for Europe. just learn not to hope for the cash again so your mind will be at peace the way my own they at peace now.....
My mind will continue to be a peace as long as he remains in Europe till death but if i seem him for naija one on one by mistake. i go mess am up.

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by viewflux(m): 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2018
WhiteJacket:

Calm down madame..
Lol.. This is how you just generate enemies from thin air. Infact , nairaland makes me think some people are not as matured as they seem or look.
This was just a case of someone's value system. I personally don't think that way, but I grew up with people who think the same. For instance, some of my folks can never collect money from certain close people for services, purchases and favors which are below a certain amount, especially when its not as a business transaction. It doesn't make them evil. For some people, they believe its best to not even do the favor, than collecting such amount. Probably, she was unfortunate not to be able to get the money or something, meanwhile, you just carry it on your head that the person is evil.

I think your missing her point a little, i feel maturity is the ability to say outright NO instead of saying YES and doing acting NO..... she realize how hard it could be that was why she offered to send her money for the service, it does not make the receiver to be a bad person, but for the receiver to delay in keeping her subscription with given the stranded friend reason and go ahead to block her on whatsapp. haba, bro look the matter agian na. is she a deaf and dumb to say she is broke or that her racket no enter again...

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by viewflux(m): 1:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
Dralin:
Walahi it hurts, my aunt that grew up with us, were so close that even in sch,pipu called us twins.When she married i wan faint cox they said she's travelling to yankee-bt na she tell me say me say go visit me.Omo like after yrs she cme bk,she no come house, i was mad gan,so i visited. she locked her house,i ask gateman,aunty chi de? He said yes that she just went in,Hours passed,aunty didnt open,i went bk wit red eyes(u knw na) my friend said she ask for my name and he gave her my username on FB,i was angry saying i wont add bt e drag me i add am,only for me to greet her like we greet.she said she no knw me,kai i explain my entire village that day,use vocab wey i no knw, i send even pics that we took,bt.for where! Up till nw like 3yrs nw e be like shock.
.my friend still chat wit her as his senior in sch
NB-she's nt mentally Sick

I can feel the pain bro, it came unexpected, just let it go....Maturity comes with life experience.....doo
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2018
viewflux:

No mind them jo, Na there way, all of them for Europe. just learn not to hope for the cash again so your mind will be at peace the way my own they at peace now.....
My mind will continue to be a peace as long as he remains in Europe till death but if i seem him for naija one on one by mistake. i go mess am up.

My brother thanks and I am trying to be at peace with myself. God bless
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by okewumi: 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2018
na wa oo
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by athaliya(f): 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2018
Nawa

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by manopaka(m): 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2018
Never depend on anybody....in Nigeria or Abroad.Most people develope low self esteem when they view their pals abroad. Truth be told you here in Naija has 10times more chance of making it than they. Forget the hype n all dat. Majority of dem there are roasting n starving, slaving for jobs u n I wld never conceive. My advice; stay focused, take responsibility for ur actions, Plan the next five yrs of ur life. Keep working at ur plan.You will get to ur desired end.We here in Naija are blessed but many wld never understand.

3 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by WhiteJacket: 12:50am On Nov 22, 2018
athaliya:

its not that oga, we were very close in naija, she has loaned me money before and same with me. If her value system didn't allow her collect the money from me, why didn't she tell me on time? Why did she block me on whatsapp ? Only for her to tell someone that i'm jealous of her since she went to the US.
As if i'm the one with a problem, she recently clashed with someone and told the person to outgrow her poverty mentality so she wont die in nigeria? Its a good thing she's still single in a liberal country whereas her mates are done with childbearing. If you love her so much, I can give u her id so birds of a feather can flock together wink
Ok. There is probably a lot more you know than I obviously know, but I was only commenting based on your initial post. I m not in your shoes to know the full story, but whatever it is, I was only trying say say "lets give people the benefit of the doubt before we tag them with something " Peace

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 2:30am On Nov 22, 2018
The reason why some of us avoid some folks in Nigeria is because of the way they treat us (Cash Cow). Some of them won't even have the courtesy to ask you how you are fairing. The next thing you will see is, send me money, send me phone, laptop, shoes, sneakers etc. Since, I changed my number I have had relative peace of mind.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland / The Royal Caribbean's Wonder Of The Seas: Inside The World's Largest Cruise Ship / Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.