Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country (50569 Views)

No Gree For Anybody: Now See This, Na Your Lane, You Go Gree? (pics) / If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2018
I bought a ticket for a friend to the UK when he cried for help till date I haven't heard from him for over ten years now.But he calls other people. That is life

36 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by agarawu23(m): 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hmmm......

I stopped visiting facebook when I traveled too. Friends asking for different finacial help and visa like I work in the embassy. Fvck u, I live in North Africa and not Yankee where they sell drugs, wire people's money and make hundreds of dollars angry sad

Abroad isn't easy.

31 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Rexnegro(m): 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2018
truth is e no too easy like that for them too over there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by kilonso001(m): 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
There was this brother of mine who is my landlord then during my school days. He told me he needed to travel out of the country, though his junior sister stays in London, he wanted to use that influence to travel out.

The day came when he is about going, he got his visa, he showed me and he said to me if he gets there that he will not disappoint me that I should not worry ...

Though he is managing too, his sister sent him money for travelling and processing of the visa. He told me to dash him my suit and winter coat also one of my shoe of which I did. He is very local and not sociable.. It was the suit I gave him and my shoe he wore to UK.

When he got to UK, two Months later I heard that he sent money to his girlfriend and that one is just fuckinng around.

Fastfoward to this time i sent him messages on Facebook just to say hi and to know hope he is doing well. He did not reply but he saw my messages. Llater again I resend him message he told me that he will block me. He pretended as if he doesn't know me. This is the brother that do borrow Maggie and salt whenever he wants to cook or even beg me for soup.....

My intention is to greet him not demanding money from him. But now is it a crime to say hello because you stay in UK or Yankee? I don't know why people staying abroad always change their attitude whenever they travel out of the country.....

Please Share your experiences
what if he isn't stable yet. Trust me two month is too small to settle down.

If u don't believe me, try it and see. It's not all rosy out there as they paint it

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by MissRaine69(f): 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2018
GavelSlam:
The truth is you guys bother them too much.

2 months might be premature for one to act the way you've described but it is quite scary how many of you act.

Should he get on Facebook, within minutes, sometimes seconds, he'll get pings and buzzes.

Most times, it's all about what he can send to the "friend".
That or someone died. I have no idea how I still have relatives the way people die daily. Most did not even know existed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Quorax: 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
There was this brother of mine who is my landlord then during my school days. He told me he needed to travel out of the country, though his junior sister stays in London, he wanted to use that influence to travel out.

The day came when he is about going, he got his visa, he showed me and he said to me if he gets there that he will not disappoint me that I should not worry ...

Though he is managing too, his sister sent him money for travelling and processing of the visa. He told me to dash him my suit and winter coat also one of my shoe of which I did. He is very local and not sociable.. It was the suit I gave him and my shoe he wore to UK.

When he got to UK, two Months later I heard that he sent money to his girlfriend and that one is just fuckinng around.

Fastfoward to this time i sent him messages on Facebook just to say hi and to know hope he is doing well. He did not reply but he saw my messages. Llater again I resend him message he told me that he will block me. He pretended as if he doesn't know me. This is the brother that do borrow Maggie and salt whenever he wants to cook or even beg me for soup.....

My intention is to greet him not demanding money from him. But now is it a crime to say hello because you stay in UK or Yankee? I don't know why people staying abroad always change their attitude whenever they travel out of the country.....

The undertone of your message suggest to me you were expecting something bros... It is very evident. You may try to pretend it wasn't the case but matured minds can easily see through you.

U seem to be among the plethora of Nigerians who think money grows on trees abroad.

Move the fork on buddy. E no easy anywhere.

27 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Tobest150(m): 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2018
I didn't catch that
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Earth2Metahuman: 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2018
when will people realize no one owes them anything

get the Bleep out and go make your own something.

you are his friend not his family.

he go dey work for cold weather, you go dey there dey Bleep small girls up and dan and expecting free money.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by STENON(f): 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
Life itself is not easy irrespective of the country

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Brownshugar69: 8:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
My brother I stay in Canada. I left nigeria 1year ago. Since I left Nigeria all my friends have been sending me the history of their family problems for me to solve with the money I pick from the ground in Canada. You friend should just tell you that he does not have money to send to you like I do to my friends. Some of my friends will give me ultimatum to when I should send them money like they are the one that bought my tickets and paid for my visa.
I have sent to few who are patient but not those ones who are angry that I didn’t send to them

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
Lol, okay, i wont!
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by sekundosekundo: 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
this is the eight years he has left ... mine is just to say hi

The moment I saw London I spit....those peeps stingy gon

9 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by sumgelem(m): 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
Just passing.....
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by ojimbo(m): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:

up to one year I spoke with my girlfriend last. I love her so much but the frustration abroad doesn't give me the courage to speak to her. Life is not as easy as you think abroad especially when you do not have papers to stay there

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by festsamuel(m): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2018
that is life for u, take it the way u see it
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by linearity: 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2018
Give him time, if you guys were true friends as you have indicated, he will definitely reconnect with you.

The truth is, going abroad especially with a visa and no work permit is very difficult. Even those who have work permit before traveling abroad are having it very difficult. You get discriminated against based on the color of your skin and the way you talk.

Many have many problems they had to sort through, I don't think, the issue with him is saying 'Hi' back to you. Many feel disappointed, dejected and depressed when they come face to face with the reality on ground, but despite all that, they struggle to put a good showing. If they call back home and say things are not good for them abroad, people back home will not believe them, some will even curse them and say they are there in abroad 'wasting their visa'.

The other thing is, when you travel abroad; the list of people that depend on you or call you for one thing or the other increase through the roof and you truly don't know what will follow the next "Hi" or call from home; so many just adopt the "maintaining the low profile" strategy until their head is above the water a little bit.

If you are a true friend, once in a while; instead of just "Hi"; send him a lengthy message. Things like birthday wishes, telling him you know it is hard, but let him keep fighting....try to differentiate yourself from the other myriad of people who hide behind a "Hi" to request for this and that...and he will open up to you about what he is going through....you will better appreciate and understand him.

Don't read much meaning into him sending his gf money....he might not even know the gf is cheating on him in Nigeria like you indicated and he might just be thinking, she is a wife-material....even in Nigeria, it is common place for guys to be more close to their gf compare to their best friends and if it comes to choosing just one, some guys even in Nigeria will choose their gf over their best friend....so, sending his gf money and not even responding to your "Hi" does not mean, he picked up that trait merely because he traveled out or trying to 'act big'.

Very few Nigerians who work really hard for their money and leave abroad 'act big' because they themselves know the dehumanizing jobs and situations through which they make that money, some can't even disclose to you what the do to earn that money because they are ashamed that you will laugh at them. Most of those who show-up and 'act big', did not really struggle hard to make that money, so they do not know the true value of a pound or a dollar....Don't desert him, there is no place like home or anything like old friendship....and some abroad still relish that nostalgia feelings about home and as best buddies that goes way back, you can help to bridge that connection.

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2018
grin general rule
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I reside ABROAD as well, although I visit NIGERIA almost every 2years, because I have ongoing projects.
But I don't behave so.
However, I choose whom I spend time with for security reasons as I have been severally hit.
Just CALM DOWN and retry.
Don't relent, Don't Insult him.
You may be better placed, since it's the UK
UK is conservative and Limited

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by emijo(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
Your own na only cloth u give am abi? I gave my bossom friend clothes and a whooping some of 20k that I have been saving for something else. Since he left for Yankee I only sent him text once and he didn't reply. I left him to his world and two of us has been in the dark for more than 2 years without being in contact with each other. Recently he has been in touch, tryna chat me through facebook but I ignored him too. I know that he is only chatting me cos of the type of flashy pix I do post on facebook.
My advice to u bro is to focus on ur hustle and never depend on anyone to be a fulcrum to ur success.

30 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Icon79(m): 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
May God bless you there, bro.

You don tok am finish. Too add anything else would be most uncivilized!

O pari

GavelSlam:
The truth is you guys bother them too much.

2 months might be premature for one to act the way you've described but it is quite scary how many of you act.

Should he get on Facebook, within minutes, sometimes seconds, he'll get pings and buzzes.

Most times, it's all about what he can send to the "friend".

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Dear Handsomeyitayo,

I can tell you are in pain.
The problem is, you are a potential leech and your brother in his wisdom has seen this and has cut you off before you push him into trouble.

Do you know folks like you who have lofty assumptions and make hefty demands from relatives abroad are the cause of the crimes Nigerians commit abroad just to meet up with your expectations.

It is not your business if his girlfriend is fvcking around, neither is it your business if he sends her money.
The only allegiance your brother owes you is NOTHING. He is not obliged to keep in touch with you.

It is sad that the okirika winter jacket and used shoe you gave him is the bargaining chip to your emotional blackmail.

Ogbeni,
Don't be a beggar. Hustle for yourself and expect nothing from anyone. If you think life is easy outside Nigeria, go get yourself a passport then a visa and travel.
Better still, you can cross from Libya to Italy so that you can pluck money from the trees and send back to everyone who ever said hi to you back in Nigeria.

Till you do that.
Don't judge, don't beg, throw away your sense of entitlement and be happy.

Yours truly,
NwaAmaikpe.
see brother you don't get me am not begging money from him..it has been eight years now ..I just want to say hi to him...he always turn off from Chatting him .. have never ask of money God sees my heart am working so why will I depend on him...my own is to say hi....

5 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by bestpunterever: 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2018
bujebudanu1:
Well . people abroad always feel that are on top of the world. grin
All of us go go the abroad.so I see no reason for the yanga
Traveling na turn by turn.
If u get reason to travel.u will travel.
.i don't know why people over there think we that are here are nothing.

I stopped entering Facebook cos of this nonsense.this is my 3rd year of no Facebook.
My guys that we were so close are now ignoring my chats.they don't even reply.
They think is everybody that beg online.

I get bros here.wey talk say him no dey go relocate go anywhere.

His travels are all expenses paid.every year , different countries

Op.dont depend on friends... only your blood siblings abroad can help you.
even blood self they Bleep up.

3 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by bitcoin215: 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2018
Very true
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Ikembasunda1(m): 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2018
you don't need t boarder when your winter and shoes are there in London, they are your replica

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by GIFTD: 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
Op u're correct. Don't mind those posters critizing u..may they be repaid that way for good doing so that they will know exactly how it hurts. Tnx
handsomeyitayo:

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Beautyaddy: 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
Kenekingisback:
But where is lalasticlala sef sad

I've been wanting to ask? Who's this person? undecided
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
azraeljaheel:
must you say hi?? free am god go do your own

tell him to return your stuffs
wat am trying to justify is why is it that if they want. Travel out ..they will start promising heaven and earth ..after you might have assisted them with something..dey promise not to forget you...when dey get there ...dey start acting funny...I wish him well

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead / Police Officer Dies In Accident In Kogi After Collision With A Car (Graphic Pic) / Sheikh Abdulganiyu Nuraini & His Aides Drown In Kwara Flood (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.