Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country (50641 Views)

No Gree For Anybody: Now See This, Na Your Lane, You Go Gree? (pics) / If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 7:54am On Nov 20, 2018
ansellotty:
Do not expect your friend(s) that left the country to respond swiftly to your messages. Sometimes they could see the messages and would be marked 'read' but the time to respond wouldn't be there.

He may not be avoiding you. He simply may not have the free time to respond to your messages. He probably threatened to block you because you were persistent at sending these messages and it annoyed him, which may be temporary.

Why am I saying this? I'm currently in the same shoe right now. I do see messages from relatives and friends but not always free to respond to them. Some think it is pride, others attached separate reasons. But to me, I didn't see it as such.

Baba, time na money! Everyone attach different values to time.

Come to think of it, it seems you were expecting something in return by giving him your winter coat and other stuffs. At least, that could be deduced from your post. Else, I didn't see any reason why you should take it serious. Not at all,i am just saying Hi.. people quote me wrong ..this year will make it eight years now

not at all.. just wanna say hi ...it has been eight years..I am just saying if they know dey want to travel dey shouldn't be making promises...I don't bother..I am working and living fine...I wish him well ... because i have experienced a lot ... The
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Tellemall: 7:54am On Nov 20, 2018
franchasng:
You can say that again my brother. It is really a sad situation with Nigerians home and abroad.

Majority of black people are doomed!

All we care about is money, nobody cares about maintaining long childhood friendship and ties.

Me I usually feel empty here not because I am lacking money but because I lack friends and bond with my childhood Gs cry

They have all relocated and I rarely hang out cos nobody around that I click with like my childhood Gs and school besties.

We communicate often without mentioning money cos by God's grace we all are doing well financially home and abroad.

Friendship should be beyond money or material things.

Our mentality and absolute love for money is the bane of Nigeria's underdevelopment and bad leadership cry

You're one of the few sane people in Nigeria.

Something is deeply wrong with Nigerians.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by akwunomy(m): 7:56am On Nov 20, 2018
Of course..that is how most people behave...even some Nigerian behave really bad when they see their fellow Nigerians abroad...My advice is never take it too hard on him...all that glitters are not gold...Most people abroad are just struggling and they won’t open up about it...because they society we come from places high emphasis on traveling abroad...

However, to correct the impression that people abroad don’t help...is a lie because I know...they do: Not only family members but strangers...This year...I have been in the country twice...because I see the need...people are really going through hard time and it is appalling...I started an NGO...and through the foundation...I was able to sponsor about 5 youths to various skill program...Next is starting a learning center to help school kids from public school to catch up with kids from private schools...and micro loans to help mothers...all these program will cost a lot but I felt pity when I see how hard situation of things are currently are...and I think after testing the program...I will influence others to use this approach to help people back home...
www.beverlyafrica.org
So creating avenue like this is the best way to help...I have given a lot to friends and family that...I felt it is not really working...they kept coming back.
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by orangeberry2: 7:59am On Nov 20, 2018
You strike me as a senseless person
1) did you sleep with the said girlfriend
2) after calling him local why are you now chatting a local person on Facebook?
3) you obviously asked him for money or you expected him to give you just cos of one suit you gave to him
4) I pray he sends more money to that his girlfriend so that you will hear and die of jealousy

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 8:07am On Nov 20, 2018
elvision1:

I hope you read this cus i had to take my time out for you. Normally i would just read and scroll back to front page but some people are mentally ill and need to be addressed to prevent them from infecting you.

I want you to look at the sickening comments on this thread, especially the ones whom you replied to explain to.

Foremost most of these people lack deductive skills and reasoning and can't even tell it wasn't a time difference of two months.

Most times when you come on nairaland don't expect reasons . Some people on here are vile and tend to want to sound intelligent for the likes, so they would say anything.
Study their online psychology its the way they think..the thing about your thoughts is that it says a lot about your inner recesses.
Know that your friend could have been one of these nigerians posting those chaffs and would have still shamelessly asked for your help going out.

Even if you wanted cash from him you wouldn't be wrong to ask. All these unlicensed morality police judging you are as some people have already put ingrates and hypocrites who think the world is after them. Most of them are just bitter about what life doled out to them home or abroad.
don't let these idiots comments get to you. They are the reason nigeria doesn't have good leaders because they stemmed out from within them.

When he borrowed your coat he wasn't a begger, now just for saying ''hi'' look how they come at you. When you live in a city like lagos you get to know that people tend to transfer aggression . some of these negatively commenting folks are suffering from experience truama while the rest bunch are obviously dumb. Never take their negativity to heart and please don't give them the prestige of a reply, even if they are wrong the no of likes has knocked them senseless that goes to show the amount of sick nigerians that walk the street by you everyday. Becareful who you call friend.

person wey no even fit say ''howfar my guy' thanks for the coat i don dey yankee we go hala later for 8years na person?''
I swear i cut ties from those outside naija faster than a thunder replies lightening. I don't even chat them up, even less add them cus some go change I.D. Even the ones in naija. I remeber when my aunt for yankee send me her broda numba near my skul say make i kal am, i kal am but he kon dey respond passively, o boi days later when i wan free sim contacts im number follow loss. Guy u don't understand, there's no time. Abi is it my couz that travelled out then he cut out all form of contacts doesn't reply facebook chats but replies the ones from non relatives, oboi i bone am years later he chatted me up and i told him ''wetin happen this one wey you chat me so''? Started giving funny excuses, i told him '' guy forget you don f.cuk up, me i no dey vex but na person wey dey feed you in the afternoon when you dey hungry sometimes when you no fit even call say, bros awfa i don land we go talk later na dey vex for you pass'' which was true cus the bros was helpful to him. since then we no even chat again and i no send am and he knows it. (P.S ; he went to meet his mom to school, so he's not struggling nor a worker so expecting money from him would be stretching it)
The stories too much, these migrating folks think they are being witch hunted by home folks. Lmao! And are very paranoid.

God help the person that threatens to block me for saying hi even within the local hemisphere. My pride na trampolin would rather die of hunger than beg an ungrateful buffoon for a morsel of eba. The victory of death is fear.
Guy hold your side, as for that friend forget am, he no reach. Face your hustle make you bone am like those indian bots for facebook wey dey always lose pounds like careless paupers. these unenlightened comments from these knuckleheads has soiled my thumbs.
God bless you .. thanks I was surprised that dey said am need of money that I want to chat him...I only say hi just to know hope he is doing fine... Even I have a friend Also in USA ..I was the one that encouraged him concerning his career now he is in USA ..I was shocked ..I was happy .. some years later he send me a gift from USA without asking but he told me I should accept this as a little token ...I did not bother him ... neither asking for money till now he do chat me...my own is to know hope you are doing fine in abroad

6 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by viewflux(m): 8:24am On Nov 20, 2018
such is life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 20, 2018
That you came here to rant means you were expecting something from him. I think he has the right to do whatever he wants to. No one owes you anything!
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by NigelCundy: 9:06am On Nov 20, 2018
God bless you

elvision1:

I hope you read this cus i had to take my time out for you. Normally i would just read and scroll back to front page but some people are mentally ill and need to be addressed to prevent them from infecting you.

I want you to look at the sickening comments on this thread, especially the ones whom you replied to explain to.

Foremost most of these people lack deductive skills and reasoning and can't even tell it wasn't a time difference of two months.

Most times when you come on nairaland don't expect reasons . Some people on here are vile and tend to want to sound intelligent for the likes, so they would say anything.
Study their online psychology its the way they think..the thing about your thoughts is that it says a lot about your inner recesses.
Know that your friend could have been one of these nigerians posting those chaffs and would have still shamelessly asked for your help going out.

Even if you wanted cash from him you wouldn't be wrong to ask. All these unlicensed morality police judging you are as some people have already put ingrates and hypocrites who think the world is after them. Most of them are just bitter about what life doled out to them home or abroad.
don't let these idiots comments get to you. They are the reason nigeria doesn't have good leaders because they stemmed out from within them.

When he borrowed your coat he wasn't a begger, now just for saying ''hi'' look how they come at you. When you live in a city like lagos you get to know that people tend to transfer aggression . some of these negatively commenting folks are suffering from experience truama while the rest bunch are obviously dumb. Never take their negativity to heart and please don't give them the prestige of a reply, even if they are wrong the no of likes has knocked them senseless that goes to show the amount of sick nigerians that walk the street by you everyday. Becareful who you call friend.

person wey no even fit say ''howfar my guy' thanks for the coat i don dey yankee we go hala later for 8years na person?''
I swear i cut ties from those outside naija faster than a thunder replies lightening. I don't even chat them up, even less add them cus some go change I.D. Even the ones in naija. I remeber when my aunt for yankee send me her broda numba near my skul say make i kal am, i kal am but he kon dey respond passively, o boi days later when i wan free sim contacts im number follow loss. Guy u don't understand, there's no time. Abi is it my couz that travelled out then he cut out all form of contacts doesn't reply facebook chats but replies the ones from non relatives, oboi i bone am years later he chatted me up and i told him ''wetin happen this one wey you chat me so''? Started giving funny excuses, i told him '' guy forget you don f.cuk up, me i no dey vex but na person wey dey feed you in the afternoon when you dey hungry sometimes when you no fit even call say, bros awfa i don land we go talk later na dey vex for you pass'' which was true cus the bros was helpful to him. since then we no even chat again and i no send am and he knows it. (P.S ; he went to meet his mom to school, so he's not struggling nor a worker so expecting money from him would be stretching it)
The stories too much, these migrating folks think they are being witch hunted by home folks. Lmao! And are very paranoid.

God help the person that threatens to block me for saying hi even within the local hemisphere. My pride na trampolin would rather die of hunger than beg an ungrateful buffoon for a morsel of eba. The victory of death is fear.
Guy hold your side, as for that friend forget am, he no reach. Face your hustle make you bone am like those indian bots for facebook wey dey always lose pounds like careless paupers. these unenlightened comments from these knuckleheads has soiled my thumbs.

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by kizyalex10(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2018
bujebudanu1:
Well . people abroad always feel that are on top of the world. grin
All of us go go the abroad.so I see no reason for the yanga
Traveling na turn by turn.
If u get reason to travel.u will travel.
.i don't know why people over there think we that are here are nothing.

I stopped entering Facebook cos of this nonsense.this is my 3rd year of no Facebook.
My guys that we were so close are now ignoring my chats.they don't even reply.
They think is everybody that beg online.

I get bros here.wey talk say him no dey go relocate go anywhere.

His travels are all expenses paid.every year , different countries

Op.dont depend on friends... only your blood siblings abroad can help you.
u got it wrong bro,some guys act the way dey do because of what dey have been through,people believe we pick money abroad and they believe abroad is a sure bet to success.but then again is nt.let me give u an example with myself.i was doing well in nigeria.very well in nigeria bfor i decided to migrate.bfor then i send request to people on fb nd dey accept.i post a pix or write up nd i get 3 likes nd maybe two comments.but immidiately i migrated,even when i post things dat is nt too relevant,i get minimum of 80 to 100 likes nd comments,up till dis day i get up to 20 friend requests daily,from people u knw who never knew u were existing in nigeria to people who randomly send requests.the funniest is dat some add u straight away to ask u for house nd shop rents.lol.am doing quite fine here also in nigeria.but the fact that i have crossed over to their mentality d promise land where u pick money on the streets,they believe u re rich.now tell me,re these people friends for real or friends with benefit.am nt supporting dis guy for saying he will block his day one guy for asking after him but frustrations from random people can cause it.thou i have nt insulted anybody or rudely talk to them no matter hw frustating they re.abroad dont change people but people make them change or they see them as they have changed.i pray u come over too.another is the lifestyle in abroad is quite different from that of naija.i nd my siblings re here nd some re in nigeria.i hardly chat them because of time yet am always online.u see it as arrogance i guess.but the truth is dat i pay for wifi monthly nd in my work place there is wifi so am always online,but the everyday work stress makes it hard for me to chat,i hardly initiate chats because i might be busy when u reply so i only read messages when am less busy nd den reply.and my siblings understands .i have a connected tv but believe me its been up to 2 months i have switched it on cos of time nd fatique.any little time i get.i use it to sleep nd rest.thanks

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by pastie(m): 9:32am On Nov 20, 2018
linearity:
Give him time, if you guys were true friends as you have indicated, he will definitely reconnect with you.

The truth is, going abroad especially with a visa and no work permit is very difficult. Even those who have work permit before traveling abroad are having it very difficult. You get discriminated against based on the color of your skin and the way you talk.

Many have many problems they had to sort through, I don't think, the issue with him is saying 'Hi' back to you. Many feel disappointed, dejected and depressed when they come face to face with the reality on ground, but despite all that, they struggle to put a good showing. If they call back home and say things are not good for them abroad, people back home will not believe them, some will even curse them and say they are there in abroad 'wasting their visa'.

The other thing is, when you travel abroad; the list of people that depend on you or call you for one thing or the other increase through the roof and you truly don't know what will follow the next "Hi" or call from home; so many just adopt the "maintaining the low profile" strategy until their head is above the water a little bit.

If you are a true friend, once in a while; instead of just "Hi"; send him a lengthy message. Things like birthday wishes, telling him you know it is hard, but let him keep fighting....try to differentiate yourself from the other myriad of people who hide behind a "Hi" to request for this and that...and he will open up to you about what he is going through....you will better appreciate and understand him.

Don't read much meaning into him sending his gf money....he might not even know the gf is cheating on him in Nigeria like you indicated and he might just be thinking, she is a wife-material....even in Nigeria, it is common place for guys to be more close to their gf compare to their best friends and if it comes to choosing just one, some guys even in Nigeria will choose their gf over their best friend....so, sending his gf money and not even responding to your "Hi" does not mean, he picked up that trait merely because he traveled out or trying to 'act big'.

Very few Nigerians who work really hard for their money and leave abroad 'act big' because they themselves know the dehumanizing jobs and situations through which they make that money, some can't even disclose to you what the do to earn that money because they are ashamed that you will laugh at them. Most of those who show-up and 'act big', did not really struggle hard to make that money, so they do not know the true value of a pound or a dollar....Don't desert him, there is no place like home or anything like old friendship....and some abroad still relish that nostalgia feelings about home and as best buddies that goes way back, you can help to bridge that connection.
Thank you for taking your time to address this issue, even thou I never experienced it, this has made me see things differently.
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by bujebudanu1(m): 9:50am On Nov 20, 2018
kizyalex10:
u got it wrong bro,some guys act the way dey do because of what dey have been through,people believe we pick money abroad and they believe abroad is a sure bet to success.but then again is nt.let me give u an example with myself.i was doing well in nigeria.very well in nigeria bfor i decided to migrate.bfor then i send request to people on fb nd dey accept.i post a pix or write up nd i get 3 likes nd maybe two comments.but immidiately i migrated,even when i post things dat is nt too relevant,i get minimum of 80 to 100 likes nd comments,up till dis day i get up to 20 friend requests daily,from people u knw who never knew u were existing in nigeria to people who randomly send requests.the funniest is dat some add u straight away to ask u for house nd shop rents.lol.am doing quite fine here also in nigeria.but the fact that i have crossed over to their mentality d promise land where u pick money on the streets,they believe u re rich.now tell me,re these people friends for real or friends with benefit.am nt supporting dis guy for saying he will block his day one guy for asking after him but frustrations from random people can cause it.thou i have nt insulted anybody or rudely talk to them no matter hw frustating they re.abroad dont change people but people make them change or they see them as they have changed.i pray u come over too.another is the lifestyle in abroad is quite different from that of naija.i nd my siblings re here nd some re in nigeria.i hardly chat them because of time yet am always online.u see it as arrogance i guess.but the truth is dat i pay for wifi monthly nd in my work place there is wifi so am always online,but the everyday work stress makes it hard for me to chat,i hardly initiate chats because i might be busy when u reply so i only read messages when am less busy nd den reply.and my siblings understands .i have a connected tv but believe me its been up to 2 months i have switched it on cos of time nd fatique.any little time i get.i use it to sleep nd rest.thanks

Bro.i understand you . everybody can't be the same.

Some still maintain the friendship and love.
Most of my extended and nuclear family that are abroad are more than 40. I know the way things are and I don't judge anyone.
I have a bro that calls everyday.yes everyday in Yankee.
I have a bro that we only talk on Christmas.

Same are blood Bros and they are doing fine .me too I dey go my way.anyday u want give me something .I dey.
If u no wan give me.no problem.

But at least if a friend decides to chat you up.try to listen first before concluding is money he wants to request for just like d op

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Denique(f): 10:01am On Nov 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Dear Handsomeyitayo,

I can tell you are in pain.
The problem is, you are a potential leech and your brother in his wisdom has seen this and has cut you off before you push him into trouble.

Do you know folks like you who have lofty assumptions and make hefty demands from relatives abroad are the cause of the crimes Nigerians commit abroad just to meet up with your expectations.

It is not your business if his girlfriend is fvcking around, neither is it your business if he sends her money.
The only allegiance your brother owes you is NOTHING. He is not obliged to keep in touch with you.

It is sad that the okirika winter jacket and used shoe you gave him is the bargaining chip to your emotional blackmail.

Ogbeni,
Don't be a beggar. Hustle for yourself and expect nothing from anyone. If you think life is easy outside Nigeria, go get yourself a passport then a visa and travel.
Better still, you can cross from Libya to Italy so that you can join to pluck money from the trees and send back to everyone who ever said hi to you back in Nigeria.

Till you do that.
Don't judge, don't beg, throw away your sense of entitlement and be happy.

Yours truly,
NwaAmaikpe.

I wish I could like this a million times.

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Taiwoolumide(m): 10:23am On Nov 20, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
There was this brother of mine who is my landlord then during my school days. He told me he needed to travel out of the country, though his junior sister stays in London, he wanted to use that influence to travel out.

The day came when he is about going, he got his visa, he showed me and he said to me if he gets there that he will not disappoint me that I should not worry ...

Though he is managing too, his sister sent him money for travelling and processing of the visa. He told me to dash him my suit and winter coat also one of my shoe of which I did. He is very local and not sociable.. It was the suit I gave him and my shoe he wore to UK.

When he got to UK, two Months later I heard that he sent money to his girlfriend and that one is just fuckinng around.

Fastfoward to this time i sent him messages on Facebook just to say hi and to know hope he is doing well. He did not reply but he saw my messages. Llater again I resend him message he told me that he will block me. He pretended as if he doesn't know me. This is the brother that do borrow Maggie and salt whenever he wants to cook or even beg me for soup.....

My intention is to greet him not demanding money from him. But now is it a crime to say hello because you stay in UK or Yankee? I don't know why people staying abroad always change their attitude whenever they travel out of the country.....

Please Share your experiences

I live in USA and I got in two years ago. Some people back home are really inhuman. Few of my recent experience. My best friend before I left Naija started calling me to use my bank account and home address for internet fraud, he was a good man when we were together ...would you blame for staying away from him?
2. A childhood friend of mine who finished his NYSC last few months and is obviously out of job, I offered to give him #300k and he said he would only use it to eat that that is too small for anything. I connected him to my aunt for a job and he eventually disrespected my 55yrs old aunt .
3. A lady I met when I was working as a classroom teacher in a sch is out of job. I offered her to go learn hair and makeup and I was willing to set her up. She came back and requested for. 50k for the training fee which I sent the following day. She didn’t even pay for the training. She came back months later to ask me for money flying furnish her newly rented 900k apartment in surulere. A supposedly non working girl.

Lastly, a cousin of mine has always been asking for money. Sometimes I send 20...sometimes 10, sometimes 50 depending on my pocket. I noticed that on he is always at the club and post pictures of expensive drinks on IG and Facebook. Which man will be in his right senses and work then give a cousin to keep drinking. Almost all the family members here noticed that.

Some of the people disturbing you for money have more money than you. So far my conscience is clean. My friend don’t help me... wash
My brother is heartless... story
My cousin abandoned me

8 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by kizyalex10(m): 10:48am On Nov 20, 2018
bujebudanu1:

Bro.i understand you . everybody can't be the same.

Some still maintain the friendship and love.
Most of my extended and nuclear family that are abroad are more than 40. I know the way things are and I don't judge anyone.
I have a bro that calls everyday.yes everyday in Yankee.
I have a bro that we only talk on Christmas.

Same are blood Bros and they are doing fine .me too I dey go my way.anyday u want give me something .I dey.
If u no wan give me.no problem.

But at least if a friend decides to chat you up.try to listen first before concluding is money he wants to request for just like d op
of which i condemned his act too
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by kizyalex10(m): 10:52am On Nov 20, 2018
Taiwoolumide:

I live in USA and I got in two years ago. Some people back home are really inhuman. Few of my recent experience. My best friend before I left Naija started calling me to use my bank account and home address for internet fraud, he was a good man when we were together ...would you blame for staying away from him?
2. A childhood friend of mine who finished his NYSC last few months and is obviously out of job, I offered to give him #300k and he said he would only use it to eat that that is too small for anything. I connected him to my aunt for a job and he eventually disrespected my 55yrs old aunt .
3. A lady I met when I was working as a classroom teacher in a sch is out of job. I offered her to go learn hair and makeup and I was willing to set her up. She came back and requested for. 50k for the training fee which I sent the following day. She didn’t even pay for the training. She came back months later to ask me for money flying furnish her newly rented 900k apartment in surulere. A supposedly non working girl.

Lastly, a cousin of mine has always been asking for money. Sometimes I send 20...sometimes 10, sometimes 50 depending on my pocket. I noticed that on he is always at the club and post pictures of expensive drinks on IG and Facebook. Which man will be in his right senses and work then give a cousin to keep drinking. Almost all the family members here noticed that.

Some of the people disturbing you for money have more money than you. So far my conscience is clean. My friend don’t help me... wash
My cousin abandoned me
thats it.most of them have more money than us but choose to take more cos they believe we have more.when d reality is dat we mosyly dnt have.when i tell someone dat sometimes i have 1k in my account.they say is nt d main acc when i have invested every penny i have got.
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by pastie(m): 11:11am On Nov 20, 2018
77up:
This is one of the best comments I ever read on nairaland so far , how wish I can like it a million times .

that op is a kid !
This is the most dumbest comment I have ever come across on nairaland,
Because it lacks a simple comprehension.

Op clearly stated 8 years but your thick skull keep reading 2 months.
I have never seen in the post where op beg for money but your thick skull keep insisting.
Your brain is in your skull, make use of it please.
sassysure:
Two months and you are already hyped because he sent money to a non significant person.
When will u guys change.
This is exactly the reason they block u guys or refuse to call.
I'm still waiting for that person that will just end it in exchanging pleasantries.

At two months the guy may not have started work.
The sis is still taking care of him. Sis is yet to recoup back money spent.
You didn't actually help him from your heart.
U helped him with the intention of gaining and was taken aback when he gave something to his girlfriend first before you.

Go and buy another shoe or jacket and stop sounding like an immature kid.

See sense of entitlement already bc you gave him shoe and jacket.
If the girl fucck around like u said, is it your biz?
Amebo

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Amhappy(f): 11:14am On Nov 20, 2018
My own take is don't depend on anyone abroad or not. Even the Bible said it. I have a brother who God blessed some years ago. We were so close then. After he hammered,a lot of people were asking him for money but I didn't ask. He called me and promised to give me something tangible. This is the 9th year now,I got no Kobo from him. He lives abroad with his family now. He calls and chats me up atimes and do talk of how he knows he has not been nice to me and will make it up. My dear I expect nothing hoohaa. I face my life and trust my God.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 11:16am On Nov 20, 2018
Taiwoolumide:

My cousin abandoned me
see people are misquoting me, I am just saying I only want to chat him and say hi ... hope everything is fine...he ignore me..I have not ask money from him...I am working and living fine.. but is it a crime to say hi just to know your well-being

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 11:29am On Nov 20, 2018
Amhappy:
My own take is don't depend on anyone abroad or not. Even the Bible said it. I have a brother who God blessed some years ago. We were so close then. After he hammered,a lot of people were asking him for money but I didn't ask. He called me and promised to give me something tangible. This is the 9th year now,I got no Kobo from him. He lives abroad with his family now. He calls and chats me up atimes and do talk of how he knows he has not been nice to me and will make it up. My dear I expect nothing hoohaa. I face my life and trust my God.
but I don't know y they are misquoting me dat because he didn't giv me money...me am working and living fine..my own is just to say hi ..I was like why is he ignoring me...I repeat it again ..he said he will block me
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Amhappy(f): 11:43am On Nov 20, 2018
handsomeyitayo dpost=73137252:
but I don't know y they are misquoting me dat because he didn't giv me money...me am working and living fine..my own is just to say hi ..I was like why is he ignoring me...I repeat it again ..he said he will block me

Then dear forget about him. Friendship is not by force. If he no longer want to associate with you let him be. A classmate of mine did same when he was added to our group chat. He said we are fraudsters and was asked to apologize when the dust settled but he refused and was removed. He wasn't the only one abroad in the group but he decided to apply a bad perceptive. Let the guy be.

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 11:58am On Nov 20, 2018
Amhappy:

Then dear forget about him. Friendship is not by force. If he no longer want to associate with you let him be. A classmate of mine did same when he was added to our group chat. He said we are fraudsters and was asked to apologize when the dust settled but he refused and was removed. He wasn't the only one abroad in the group but he decided to apply a bad perceptive. Let the guy be.
thanks
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by jesmond3945: 12:12pm On Nov 20, 2018
itsmeurLady:
It's amazing how Nigerians go to Yankee and their mentality changes... It's terrible! The friend was totally wrong and the OP did not do anything wrong saying hi, the friend is the ungrateful one here. When he was borrowing jacket and shoe , shey he did not know where there was market to gaan buy but when it's to check on someone , it's a difficult thing to do. OP your friend is selfish!!! He ought to check up on you at least. Nigerians abroad will tell you they don't have time but they have time to be calling their girlfriends in Nigeria. Nobody is too busy, and life is not all about money.

Please note this: If your mind is telling you to stay in Nigeria, stay Biko, you can go abroad for vacations, no big deal... Everybody has different destinies. For the fact that your friends are der is not a valid reason that you should be der as well. Discover your purpose for life and stop doing follow follow.As for Me and my Future husband, we shall stay in Nigeria and make impact as much as we can, abroad is for vacations only #shikena... Last last, no place like home
you never travel when you do na you go carry cleaner remove wetin you write so.

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by athaliya(f): 12:14pm On Nov 20, 2018
Had this friend who relocated to the USA, I also decided to relocate a year later, I needed to pay for a certain subscription that is restricted to North-Americans. I begged this friend to help with the payment ($35), I asked her for her details so I could send her $50 for her trouble. She refused saying we are too close for her to collect money for such a small thing. She said she'll do the payment by month end when she must have gotten her next salary. I waited till the next month, no show...
I offered her $70 thinking the hidden expenses are more than $15, she didn't help o. She eventually blocked me on whatsapp. An e-friend in Canada later helped me do the payment and I ensured I reimbursed the friend of course.
The friend visited Nigeria recently and was sharing scarf and body cream for her friends. Lol.....
The evil in some peoples heart though.

4 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by jesmond3945: 12:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
Simbrixton:
Earning £1000 working in a UK bank, rent £500.00 bills take a further 400 competing with whites and Indians has stressed me out, favouritism is the order of the day but I dey thankful baba even with the 100 pounds saving left I still send to Nigeria OP my story is that of so many naija people abroad ko so wo and what I have observed is so many blacks are broke many that I speak with as a customer care assistant don't have shingbai in their account they have so many bills on their credit card and loans u should have given ur brother time to get in tune with the mentality of the UK there is a structured way to life abroad
why would you pay rent of 500 pounds? Is that even wise? I make more but my rent is half yours guy your talk no follow.

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Simbrixton(m): 12:19pm On Nov 20, 2018
jesmond3945:
why would you pay rent of 500 pounds? Is that even wise? I make more but my rent is half yours guy your talk no follow.
well na ur way be that, which area do you live
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2018
viewflux:

I SENT A FRIEND CASH IN EUROPE AFTER HE VIDEO CHAT ME ON FACEBOOK BEGGING AND CRYING THAT HE NEED TO RENEW HIS RESIDENT PERMIT BEFORE IT EXPIRE SO HE WILL NOT LOOSE HIS JOB.....I WAS SURPRISE TO SEE THAT HE HAS BLOCKED ME ON FB AFTER LIKE 8 MONTHS,,,, I JUST UNFRIEND HIM AND DELETE HIS NUMBER....JUST LEARN NOT TO FACEBOOK THEM OR CHAT THEM UP WHENEVER YOU SEE THEM ONLINE (EXCEPT EXCEPTIONAL ONES).....THEY EASILY THINK YOU WANT TO BEG CASH........AS THEM SAY ABROAD HASH, NA SO NIGERIA HASH....NO TIME...

MY BROTHER THE FRIEND I BOUGHT TICKET FOR IS A FRIEND WE ATE TOGETHER BEFORE HE TRAVELLED AND HE PROMISED SENDING THE MONEY BACK TO ME ONCE HE SETTLES DOWN. I WAS HAVING TWO HUNDRED K IN MY ACCOUNT AND HE NEEDED ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY K.I GAVE HIM THE MONEY STILL.

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by sirhamilton(m): 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2018
holyword:
He envies you because only him and God knows what he is passing through. The dirty ugly job like washing dead body makes them to have stone heart. Your own toilet here in nigeria is bigger than his bed room where he sleeps and there is no time for them to even rest and sleep. They can not get a lady of their choice rather they go for the ones that the society have rejected . They lives like slaves and they don't have freedom and many ugly things you may not accept . Dear you are better than them by far. The worst part of it is that they don't have time to worship God the way you do here . Many,many,many,many.....

Clearly, you have zero idea of what you're talking about
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by princfred(m): 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2018
tamethem:

My advice to you is that you should act as if those guys that are abroad don't exist. Many of them are scared of the people over here because some lazy family members and friends demand from them often. But they should not be avoiding every other person with genuine intention.

Guy I have learnt some lessons that I would want you to learn too.

When friends and family abroad call you and they ask you How you are doing, If you love to keep talking to them and still be on their call list, no matter what you are going through, tell them you are fine. I am good, even if you haven't eaten for days.

If you tell them your true situation some might help and cut you off later or some won't even help and still cut you off.

So the best way to still remain on their call list is always telling them you are OK. otherwise you would sound like a beggar.

I've got about three brothers abroad, I don't call them at all except on the 31st of December to say happy new year, by that they respect you.

I have lots of friends that I have blocked both on whatsapp and Facebook. once I see that you are mis interpreting my saying Hi as a style of getting something from you, I kuku ma block you so that you will have peace of mind.

By the time your eye don clear and you wan say Hi, I don already block you.

So work hard, look for opportunities and use them , become somebody and they are the ones that will be asking ppl for your number.
lol.

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by drakeli: 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2018
needful:
I really do love this topic so much because am a victim. I left naija to America 2yrs ago with high Hope's but when I got there, things weren't as I felt, so I join the hustle, fast forward to the main topic, my brothers and sisters in naija, u are better off than most of us....I purposely stopped chatting and coming to Facebook because of, give me money nau, send me phone, laptop, iPhone etc, its horrible the way people come to facebook and the next thing is send me money. Some of them will just start calling u thru facebook without wanting to know the timeframes. It's bad really.

Wahala le kora yin si. You see, when I was in Nigeria before moving to the US, I had no friends. I mean no real friends. I was not that a cool guy with all the friends in the world. I was an introvert. Not cool at all right? I was not social. Of course I was good to everyone. Everyone that had the opportunity to know me liked my personality. I was not a fan of Facebook either. Technically, I didn’t have a Facebook. So no real Facebook friends. Fast forward to today in the US, I’m a change person with good social life with lots of friends here. That my past has really helped me. I have no friends asking me for money on Facebook. No friend has ever done that because I didn’t have one in the first place. Most of my Facebook friends are people I met here.

3 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by sirhamilton(m): 2:17pm On Nov 20, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I don't block people quickly so I did not block him and even after cautioning him he was still going on trying to convince me why I should send money to him. Even had the audacity to send his account number unrequested. Who does that? grin

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Tellemall: 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2018
elvision1:

You have said it all. The people here attacking the OP are just pompous ingrates who probably cut everybody out of their lives over nothing but a foreign trip.

The level of reasoning on this thread is so diseased. Truly black people are backward and that is why they do not progress.

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Komu1048(m): 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
funny you...you want make Dem carry you for rabbit... instead of asking of desert suit like jalamia and lawani lol

Hahahaha, jala wetin? That shit is not for someone like me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Access Road To Awka Millennium City(photos) / Nigerian Paid Man £1000 To Pose As Her Baby's Father In Bid To Avoid Deportation / See, First Ever Suspension Bridge In Nigeria And Africa Location Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.