Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country (50710 Views)

No Gree For Anybody: Now See This, Na Your Lane, You Go Gree? (pics) / If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Dralin(m): 1:31am On Nov 20, 2018
Walahi it hurts, my aunt that grew up with us, were so close that even in sch,pipu called us twins.When she married i wan faint cox they said she's travelling to yankee-bt na she tell me say me say go visit me.Omo like after yrs she cme bk,she no come house, i was mad gan,so i visited. she locked her house,i ask gateman,aunty chi de? He said yes that she just went in,Hours passed,aunty didnt open,i went bk wit red eyes(u knw na) my friend said she ask for my name and he gave her my username on FB,i was angry saying i wont add bt e drag me i add am,only for me to greet her like we greet.she said she no knw me,kai i explain my entire village that day,use vocab wey i no knw, i send even pics that we took,bt.for where! Up till nw like 3yrs nw e be like shock.
.my friend still chat wit her as his senior in sch
NB-she's nt mentally Sick

4 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by elvision1(m): 1:33am On Nov 20, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
There was this brother of mine who is my landlord then during my school days. He told me he needed to travel out of the country, though his junior sister stays in London, he wanted to use that influence to travel out.

The day came when he is about going, he got his visa, he showed me and he said to me if he gets there that he will not disappoint me that I should not worry ...

Though he is managing too, his sister sent him money for travelling and processing of the visa. He told me to dash him my suit and winter coat also one of my shoe of which I did. He is very local and not sociable.. It was the suit I gave him and my shoe he wore to UK.

When he got to UK, two Months later I heard that he sent money to his girlfriend and that one is just fuckinng around.

Fastfoward to this time i sent him messages on Facebook just to say hi and to know hope he is doing well. He did not reply but he saw my messages. Llater again I resend him message he told me that he will block me. He pretended as if he doesn't know me. This is the brother that do borrow Maggie and salt whenever he wants to cook or even beg me for soup.....

My intention is to greet him not demanding money from him. But now is it a crime to say hello because you stay in UK or Yankee? I don't know why people staying abroad always change their attitude whenever they travel out of the country.....

Please Share your experiences

I hope you read this cus i had to take my time out for you. Normally i would just read and scroll back to front page but some people are mentally ill and need to be addressed to prevent them from infecting you.

I want you to look at the sickening comments on this thread, especially the ones whom you replied to explain to.

Foremost most of these people lack deductive skills and reasoning and can't even tell it wasn't a time difference of two months.

Most times when you come on nairaland don't expect reasons . Some people on here are vile and tend to want to sound intelligent for the likes, so they would say anything.
Study their online psychology its the way they think..the thing about your thoughts is that it says a lot about your inner recesses.
Know that your friend could have been one of these nigerians posting those chaffs and would have still shamelessly asked for your help going out.

Even if you wanted cash from him you wouldn't be wrong to ask. All these unlicensed morality police judging you are as some people have already put ingrates and hypocrites who think the world is after them. Most of them are just bitter about what life doled out to them home or abroad.
don't let these idiots comments get to you. They are the reason nigeria doesn't have good leaders because they stemmed out from within them.

When he borrowed your coat he wasn't a begger, now just for saying ''hi'' look how they come at you. When you live in a city like lagos you get to know that people tend to transfer aggression . some of these negatively commenting folks are suffering from experience truama while the rest bunch are obviously dumb. Never take their negativity to heart and please don't give them the prestige of a reply, even if they are wrong the no of likes has knocked them senseless that goes to show the amount of sick nigerians that walk the street by you everyday. Becareful who you call friend.

person wey no even fit say ''howfar my guy' thanks for the coat i don dey yankee we go hala later for 8years na person?''
I swear i cut ties from those outside naija faster than a thunder replies lightening. I don't even chat them up, even less add them cus some go change I.D. Even the ones in naija. I remeber when my aunt for yankee send me her broda numba near my skul say make i kal am, i kal am but he kon dey respond passively, o boi days later when i wan free sim contacts im number follow loss. Guy u don't understand, there's no time. Abi is it my couz that travelled out then he cut out all form of contacts doesn't reply facebook chats but replies the ones from non relatives, oboi i bone am years later he chatted me up and i told him ''wetin happen this one wey you chat me so''? Started giving funny excuses, i told him '' guy forget you don f.cuk up, me i no dey vex but na person wey dey feed you in the afternoon when you dey hungry sometimes when you no fit even call say, bros awfa i don land we go talk later na dey vex for you pass'' which was true cus the bros was helpful to him. since then we no even chat again and i no send am and he knows it. (P.S ; he went to meet his mom to school, so he's not struggling nor a worker so expecting money from him would be stretching it)
The stories too much, these migrating folks think they are being witch hunted by home folks. Lmao! And are very paranoid.

God help the person that threatens to block me for saying hi even within the local hemisphere. My pride na trampolin would rather die of hunger than beg an ungrateful buffoon for a morsel of eba. The victory of death is fear.
Guy hold your side, as for that friend forget am, he no reach. Face your hustle make you bone am like those indian bots for facebook wey dey always lose pounds like careless paupers. these unenlightened comments from these knuckleheads has soiled my thumbs.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Beautyaddy: 1:36am On Nov 20, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I don't believe in black magic, but I know there are things out there.

One morons insistence and persistence led me to believe that he was confident about working me over.

Hmmm...can you expatiate how he was trying to do that?
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Dralin(m): 1:43am On Nov 20, 2018
ansellotty:
Do not expect your friend(s) that left the country to respond swiftly to your messages. Sometimes they could see the messages and would be marked 'read' but the time to respond wouldn't be there.

He may not be avoiding you. He simply may not have the free time to respond to your messages. He probably threatened to block you because you were persistent at sending these messages and it annoyed him, which may be temporary.

Why am I saying this? I'm currently in the same shoe right now. I do see messages from relatives and friends but not always free to respond to them. Some think it is pride, others attached separate reasons. But to me, I didn't see it as such.

Baba, time na money! Everyone attach different values to time.

Come to think of it, it seems you were expecting something in return by giving him your winter coat and other stuffs. At least, that could be deduced from your post. Else, I didn't see any reason why you should take it serious.

Even if he got angry becox of msg,they have been friends,tell him u r busy and hardly get time to chat,then you will see how he chats you again,common man its just the first HI and u r threatening to block him

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by needful: 2:43am On Nov 20, 2018
I really do love this topic so much because am a victim. I left naija to America 2yrs ago with high Hope's but when I got there, things weren't as I felt, so I join the hustle, fast forward to the main topic, my brothers and sisters in naija, u are better off than most of us....I purposely stopped chatting and coming to Facebook because of, give me money nau, send me phone, laptop, iPhone etc, its horrible the way people come to facebook and the next thing is send me money. Some of them will just start calling u thru facebook without wanting to know the timeframes. It's bad really.

7 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by doubleking(m): 2:59am On Nov 20, 2018
I live outside the country and people always ask for help.I do the little I can do and the rest I politely tell them I can't.I don't ignore calls or block anyone.I have some people here who are very stingy, arrogant and selfish to be frank 's_

4 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by lucarella: 3:09am On Nov 20, 2018
Tellemall:

People abroad change because they are as broke as you?

It doesn't make sense.

All the people "abroad" have come to act like they're doing so much out there and money is so hard to come by. It's hard to come by anywhere. There's no reason for throwing people under the bus.

The OP is simply wondering why his friend refuses to communicate with him when he's not begging him for anything and simply wants to remain friends with him as he was when he was in Nigeria. It has nothing to do with his "money".

The ego Africans give when they leave the continent is silly. You really think everyone is after you for nonexistent money, Africans abroad? South Africans do this thing. Kenyans do it. Because of this ego black people have.

I've never treated people shabbily because I think they're after my money. I called them myself from outside of Nigeria, not because they had/have anything to offer me in Nigeria, but because we are friends! All the talk of economy in the UK and elsewhere is just another reason to be unkind to people who knew you when you were in the dirt with them. It's not always about money.

While I know some people do this out of an over bloated ego and pride, others genuinely don’t have the time for chats and catching up. They are extremely busy and have a million things taking their time. Sadly, friends and even family aren’t a priority. Abroad isn’t meant for idle people the way Nigeria is. This is not to disrespect the Nigerian culture but while you sit in your office here in Nigeria and you can chat with your friend and then receive a full monthly salary, you definitely can’t do that abroad because you are being paid for that time (if you’re working). When they are back from work, they are knackered and have to prepare for the next day.

It’s a tough life!

3 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 3:23am On Nov 20, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm...can you expatiate how he was trying to do that?

I don't block people quickly so I did not block him and even after cautioning him he was still going on trying to convince me why I should send money to him. Even had the audacity to send his account number unrequested. Who does that? grin
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by lagosapple: 3:48am On Nov 20, 2018
Hahahaha

OP, what you need to do is to read "THIS AMERICAN LIFE SEF" by Rudolfph Okonkwo. It will give you an insight into what your man is probably going through. Whether America or Britain, it is no easy. So many of our people are too ashamed to contact the people they left behind because they have not found their footing.

It is not easy. If he hasn't come home once, ground no level.

Here is the link to the book on Konga. https:///product/this-american-life-sef-by-rudolf-okonkwo-dr-damages-2788221

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 4:21am On Nov 20, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
There was this brother of mine who is my landlord then during my school days. He told me he needed to travel out of the country, though his junior sister stays in London, he wanted to use that influence to travel out.

The day came when he is about going, he got his visa, he showed me and he said to me if he gets there that he will not disappoint me that I should not worry ...

Though he is managing too, his sister sent him money for travelling and processing of the visa. He told me to dash him my suit and winter coat also one of my shoe of which I did. He is very local and not sociable.. It was the suit I gave him and my shoe he wore to UK.

When he got to UK, two Months later I heard that he sent money to his girlfriend and that one is just fuckinng around.

Fastfoward to this time i sent him messages on Facebook just to say hi and to know hope he is doing well. He did not reply but he saw my messages. Llater again I resend him message he told me that he will block me. He pretended as if he doesn't know me. This is the brother that do borrow Maggie and salt whenever he wants to cook or even beg me for soup.....

My intention is to greet him not demanding money from him. But now is it a crime to say hello because you stay in UK or Yankee? I don't know why people staying abroad always change their attitude whenever they travel out of the country.....

The truth is; until you go there...then you will understand. No matter how he explains it, you wont get it, till you go yourself

3 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Born2Breed(f): 4:31am On Nov 20, 2018
Unku, you too try and travel abroad.

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by ruffp: 4:32am On Nov 20, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
see brother you don't get me am not begging money from him..it has been eight years now ..I just want to say hi to him...he always turn off from Chatting him .. have never ask of money God sees my heart am working so why will I depend on him...my own is to say hi....

you don't need to defend yourself.

if he values you as a friend he will reply or find a way to reach out to you.

ultimately let him be and focus on yourself.
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by NoToPile: 6:01am On Nov 20, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
something like below bro..����

No vex I just had to quote this post

grin grin grin grin grin

That your friend harsh ooo

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by HazardMan(m): 6:15am On Nov 20, 2018
sassysure:
Two months and you are already hyped because he sent money to a non significant person.
When will u guys change.
This is exactly the reason they block u guys or refuse to call.
I'm still waiting for that person that will just end it in exchanging pleasantries.

At two months the guy may not have started work.
The sis is still taking care of him. Sis is yet to recoup back money spent.
You didn't actually help him from your heart.
U helped him with the intention of gaining and was taken aback when he gave something to his girlfriend first before you.

Go and buy another shoe or jacket and stop sounding like an immature kid.

See sense of entitlement already bc you gave him shoe and jacket.
If the girl fucck around like u said, is it your biz?
Amebo
Oga u've met one, i do end my chats with anyone abroad with exchanging pleasantries, i'm d one 2 even ignore their messages most times sef. It all depends on d kind of friends u have and how they take you
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by NoToPile: 6:22am On Nov 20, 2018
Tellemall:

All Nigerians love is money. They can kill their own family for money. It's all over Nigerian news. That 19 year old man who killed a little boy, his objective was money.

That is why they're angry at the OP because he values more than money from his friend. Just look at how all the responses are about money. His friend took dear things from him that cost money and he didn't mind but look at how everybody is telling him that he's now after the friends money. Was the friend not after his money and now he's gotten what he wanted the ingrate refuses to just say hi properly.

Nigerian society is demented. Everything is about money. Nigerians called women who.ores but Linda Ikeji is acceptable because of her money. Dangote is an illiterate and they castigate their presidents illiteracy but it is acceptable because one is a billionaire. Lebanese use Nigerians like Shiiit and they don't care since the Lebanese have money. Then they run to the UK where the pounds are the law so they worship white people.

As much as I would love you to be wrong, sadly you are right.

You cant even be treated fairly if you dont have money.

Just very few exceptions.
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Rextizzle(m): 6:24am On Nov 20, 2018
That guy don't want to help, I will advise you to man up, focus on yourself, work hard so you can also make it and travel out to any country of your choice, don't ever depend on anyone, only depend on yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by LegalOpinion: 6:43am On Nov 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

There are various reasons for people acting the way they do.

Very correct.

Most Nigerians have this disgusting entitlement mentality.

I remember when I got a job and was given a new car (on loan). Some people started lamenting that I have forgotten them because I have made it. I quickly disconnected from them forever.

Such people are dangerously envious.

3 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by franchasng: 6:49am On Nov 20, 2018
It is so sad that most of the people that commented on the first page didn't get the message the poster was trying to pass, instead they dived in to condemn and attack the innocent guy voicing out his concern.

In life, nobody loves to lose his closest of friends, when we lose our closest of friends for any reason or circumstances, it hurts us, I think that's why the op is feeling bad. He's feeling bad that his friend and brother's relocation abroad has brought separation between them that the brother no longer care to even say hello to him thinking he's trying to beg him for money or something, not cool; he ought to have waited for him to beg him for money or favor first, then he can caution him and if he repeats the begging, then he can block him, its that simple. Life is not as complicated as some people make it to be seriously.

98% of my childhood and school closest pals are now living abroad. I refused to travel out because I have big dream financial dreams; so big that I doubted it could be achieved abroad lol.

I earn better than majority of my friends abroad who are medical guys, and they respect me a lot and are always the ones calling me both on video call or Whatsapp call. I can't remember the last time I grabbed my phone to initiate call to any; they usually call first because they know I am far better off than them and they know I can never beg them for anything, what could I beg them lol Instead of begging them for money or favor, I connect them to business deals they can do and make money from here.

So I think friends or relatives abroad try as much to avoid their friends or relatives back home whom they think or feel are not doing well financially and may start bothering them for money and favor, which to me is not cool, don't classify everybody in Nigeria as hungry lol, millions of Nigerians living in Nigeria are doing financially better than even white people doing top jobs, not exegerating at all, cos if u know u know lol

Don't assume people's motive, always wait for them to act first before u assume what they are after or up to.

Myself that live in Nigeria, I get lots of friends also here in Nigeria calling and messaging often asking me for favor with either money, business support or career assistance, and God knows I don't ever feel bad or block any, I only help when I can and explain why I can't help at the time, no big deal.

We should be happy in life that we have to give. I always tell my financially capable friends both the ones at home and the ones abroad that guys, we all should be grateful to God that we are doing well financially and have money to give to others, that it is not by our smartness or intelligence alone that we are better off than others who are struggling but by the special grace and favor of God Almighty because there are millions of smart intelligent people who are broke and suffering.

God hear me this morning, I want to have more and more money so I can be the one all my community, my state and even Nigerians will be coming to to ask for help, dear God I will not be angry, you know my heart already Lord, I will help even more as you bless me with more.

God use me more. I want to help as many people as possible with joy, whether I am in Nigeria or abroad, Jehovah bless me so much that I can help thousands or millions of people in need to the glory of your name, amen!

Its unfortunate that we black people are so wicked and heartless to each other.

White people are not like us.

Have u guys read the story of Cristiano Ronaldo Ronaldo have a childhood friend whom he played football together with back in Portugal, that his friend played better than Ronaldo who later went to train as a professional pilot. Unfortunately his friend couldn't blow in football but Ronaldo blew and became very successful in football. Guess what Ronaldo takes care of his friend till date. His friend lives as large as Ronaldo; drive luxury cars, live in big mansion, all thanks to Ronaldo who never deserted him haven made it big. He continued to help his friend and make him have a feel of being rich even though his friend isn't rich.

That's white people for you, but we blacks are so wicked to ourselves.

Even Buhari forgot and abandoned all his mates and former driver wretched and poor. What would it take for a president of a nation to help anybody he wishes to help Its in the gene of majority of black people to be wicked and heartless to their fellow blacks, but God please continue to help me to be different, to be a different breed of black person, anen cry

Dangote and Otedola and all the so called Nigerian billionaires don't have scholarships and grants going on in all Nigerian higher institutions to help the poor students, they are rich enough to do those things but go to USA or Europe, all the millionaires and billionaire have scholarships and grants for all students, accessible to the selected students based on performance criteria.

Why can't our Nigerian billionares do same Wickedness! We are so wicked and selfish we only think about ourselves and our immediate family members and closest friends and that's the reason our leaders are so corrupt looting public fund for their personal pocket and family enrichment.

Dear God please use me, I am willing and waiting to be used to help millions. Bless me more father. You have blessed me already I won't deny you father but bless me more so I can help more needy people, thank you father for answered prayer.

Op take heart and focus on your struggle to make it, that your friend will remember u someday. Forget him, he is not a worthy friend, he is a worthless fool, feeling prideful for traveling abroad to labor. I hate people with such myopic mentality, even if your needy friend who thinks u are doing better than him asks you for favor and so fucking whatangry

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by waveskaaya(m): 6:49am On Nov 20, 2018
Mhen your right bruv [wquote author=GavelSlam post=73110413]The truth is you guys bother them too much.

2 months might be premature for one to act the way you've described, but it is quite scary how many of you act.

Should he get on Facebook, within minutes, sometimes seconds, he'll get pings and buzzes.

Most times, it's all about what he can send to the "friend".
[/quote]
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Wagasigiungu(m): 6:52am On Nov 20, 2018
This thread further burtresses my belief in such matters.

Never consider social media especially those SM you can post and share pictures on, a yardstick for measuring someone's success or failure. SM is like the make-belief world of movies. It is rife with misinformation and deceit.

You see people who live from hand to mouth posing as if dem don arrive, but all na wash. If you know u are emotionally and psychologically gullible, stay away frm such SM for your sanity and peace of mind.

No say becos u see chukwudi or adebayo pose for beach or mall for yankee, begin to dey regret ur own life. Most na superficial richness and buga kawai.

Thank your creator and appreciate what ever financial status u may have in life. Contentment of heart is priceless.

Huzzling continua, hammering acerta.

4 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by saviola1: 6:56am On Nov 20, 2018
gave a friend 50k to help prepare his visa to China , never asked for anything in return but he used to tell me that if he reaches there and balance that he will be sending goods for me to sell and return the money...I said okay ooo, now dude spent over a year and I was like asking him how is things over there , he was like I should send money for him to send goods to me , I told him that was not wat we discussed ...to cut the long story short, he send goods to his cousin on credit and he scammed him

3 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by ojex004: 7:05am On Nov 20, 2018
fasho01:

Trust me bro.. Even blood siblings are worse. Not stereotyping though
Blood or siblings worst more than anything in abroad. base on my own experience and what i see around when i visit
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by LegalOpinion: 7:08am On Nov 20, 2018
franchasng:
It is so sad that most of the people that commented on the first page didn't get the message the poster was trying to pass, instead they dived in to condemn and attack the innocent guy voicing out his concern.

In life, nobody loves to lose his closest of friends, when we lose our closest of friends for any reason or circumstances, it hurts us, I think that's why the op is feeling bad. He's feeling bad that his friend and brother's relocation abroad has brought separation between them that the brother no longer care to even say hello to him thinking he's trying to beg him for money or something, not cool; he ought to have waited for him to beg him for money or favor first, then he can caution him and if he repeats the begging, then he can block him, its that simple. Life is not as complicated as some people make it to be seriously.

98% of my childhood and school closest pals are now living abroad. I refused to travel out because I have big dream financial dreams; so big that I doubted it could be achieved abroad lol.

I earn better than majority of my friends abroad who are medical guys, and they respect me a lot and are always the ones calling me both on video call or Whatsapp call. I can't remember the last time I grabbed my phone to initiate call to any; they usually call first because they know I am far better off than them and they know I can never beg them for anything, what could I beg them lol Instead of begging them for money or favor, I connect them to business deals they can do and make money from here.

So I think friends or relatives abroad try as much to avoid their friends or relatives back home whom they think or feel are not doing well financially and may start bothering them for money and favor, which to me is not cool, don't classify everybody in Nigeria as hungry lol, millions of Nigerians living in Nigeria are doing financially better than even white people doing top jobs, not exegerating at all, cos if u know u know lol

Don't assume people's motive, always wait for them to act first before u assume what they are after or up to.

Myself that live in Nigeria, I get lots of friends also here in Nigeria calling and messaging often asking me for favor with either money, business support or career assistance, and God knows I don't ever feel bad or block any, I only help when I can and explain why I can't help at the time, no big deal.

We should be happy in life that we have to give. I always tell my financially capable friends both the ones at home and the ones abroad that guys, we all should be grateful to God that we are doing well financially and have money to give to others, that it is not by our smartness or intelligence alone that we are better off than others who are struggling but by the special grace and favor of God Almighty because there are millions of smart intelligent people who are broke and suffering.

God hear me this morning, I want to have more and more money so I can be the one all my community, my state and even Nigerians will be coming to to ask for help, dear God I will not be angry, you know my heart already Lord, I will help even more as you bless me with more.

God use me more. I want to help as many people as possible with joy, whether I am in Nigeria or abroad, Jehovah bless me so much that I can help thousands or millions of people in need to the glory of your name, amen!

Its unfortunate that we black people are so wicked and heartless to each other.

White people are not like us.

Dangote and Otedola and all the so called Nigerian billionaires don't have scholarships and grants going on in all Nigerian higher institutions to help the poor students, they are rich enough to do those things but go to USA or Europe, all the millionaires and billionaire have scholarships and grants for all students, accessible to the selected students based on performance criteria.

Why can't our Nigerian billionares do same Wickedness! We are so wicked and selfish we only think about ourselves and our immediate family members and closest friends and that's the reason our leaders are so corrupt looting public fund for their personal pocket and family enrichment.

Dear God please use me, I am willing and waiting to be used to help millions. Bless me more father. You have blessed me already I won't deny you father but bless me more so I can help more needy people, thank you father for answered prayer.

Op take heart and focus on your struggle to make it, that your friend will remember u someday. Forget him, he is not a worthy friend, he is a worthless fool, feeling prideful for traveling abroad to labor. I hate people with such myopic mentality, even if your needy friend who thinks u are doing better than him asks you for favor and so fucking whatangry

If you read through the article carefully, you would notice the disgusting sense of entitlement from the author. Again, you also would see him trying to discribe his friend's girlfriend as a harlot (sleeping around).

So, is it possible that the OP has started gossiping about the friend or his girlfriend?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by franchasng: 7:12am On Nov 20, 2018
Tellemall:

All Nigerians love is money. They can kill their own family for money. It's all over Nigerian news. That 19 year old man who killed a little boy, his objective was money.

That is why they're angry at the OP because he values more than money from his friend. Just look at how all the responses are about money. His friend took dear things from him that cost money and he didn't mind but look at how everybody is telling him that he's now after the friends money. Was the friend not after his money and now he's gotten what he wanted the ingrate refuses to just say hi properly.

Nigerian society is demented. Everything is about money. Nigerians called women who.ores but Linda Ikeji is acceptable because of her money. Dangote is an illiterate and they castigate their presidents illiteracy but it is acceptable because one is a billionaire. Lebanese use Nigerians like Shiiit and they don't care since the Lebanese have money. Then they run to the UK where the pounds are the law so they worship white people.
You can say that again my brother. It is really a sad situation with Nigerians home and abroad.

Majority of black people are doomed!

All we care about is money, nobody cares about maintaining long childhood friendship and ties.

Me I usually feel empty here not because I am lacking money but because I lack friends and bond with my childhood Gs cry

They have all relocated and I rarely hang out cos nobody around that I click with like my childhood Gs and school besties.

We communicate often without mentioning money cos by God's grace we all are doing well financially home and abroad.

Friendship should be beyond money or material things.

Our mentality and absolute love for money is the bane of Nigeria's underdevelopment and bad leadership cry

5 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by afroxyz: 7:19am On Nov 20, 2018
sassysure:
Two months and you are already hyped because he sent money to a non significant person.
When will u guys change.
This is exactly the reason they block u guys or refuse to call.
I'm still waiting for that person that will just end it in exchanging pleasantries.

At two months the guy may not have started work.
The sis is still taking care of him. Sis is yet to recoup back money spent.
You didn't actually help him from your heart.
U helped him with the intention of gaining and was taken aback when he gave something to his girlfriend first before you.

Go and buy another shoe or jacket and stop sounding like an immature kid.

See sense of entitlement already bc you gave him shoe and jacket.
If the girl fucck around like u said, is it your biz?
Amebo

Oga, there's a two lettered word for all these things. It is called No. You can say No and still maintain your dignity not do it like a child.
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by franchasng: 7:19am On Nov 20, 2018
LegalOpinion:

If you read through the article carefully, you would notice the disgusting sense of entitlement from the author. Again, you also would see him trying to discribe his friend's girlfriend as a harlot (sleeping around).

So, is it possible that the OP has started gossiping about the friend or his girlfriend?
I didn't pay attention to that part anyway, but I knew the message he was trying to pass across because some of my schoolmates do message or call me to complain of how so so and so friend that either live abroad or living in Nigeria but doing well financially no longer reply their chats or pick their calls, and I do feel bad and even lie on those guy's behalf.

I am usually the middleman between my financially buoyant friends and schoolmates and the ones still struggling financially because I am more accessible to both class.

Some have changed from the way I talked to them, while some are unchangeable like rock lol.

It is in the blood of majority of black people, especially Nigerians to be wicked and rude to their friends and family members who they feel are poor, struggling or not doing well, u and I know that.

It is a very bad attitude of we Nigerians towards the needy among us.

Our bad perception of money and financial success is the reason Nigeria is doomed and has never got it right leadership wise; we worship and respect money above every other thing, our loyalty for people is based on how rich or how much money they have; not like that in other saner nations

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by afroxyz: 7:29am On Nov 20, 2018
BlinkyBling:

The truth is; until you go there...then you will understand. No matter how he explains it, you wont get it, till you go yourself

But did he ask for money? Why didnt his cousin wait for him to demand for money before displaying madness. If he asks for money can the just say no. Why go about it childishly? Besides the man that went abroad, didn't people help him? After I years he wants to ask for money now? Nigerians are really demented

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by fasho01(m): 7:31am On Nov 20, 2018
ojex004:

Blood or siblings worst more than anything in abroad. base on my own experience and what i see around when i visit

It's quite unfortunate cos they have this outdated, archaic mentality of a one eyed man being king in the city of the blind so they never want others to progress, hence looking up to them at all times. Really, there is something wrong with the black man

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by frozen70(f): 7:41am On Nov 20, 2018
handsomeyitayo:

That have always been their mentality

Stop communicating with him because he assume you need his financial assistance

Leave him with his conscience

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by britiko: 7:42am On Nov 20, 2018
@handsomeeyitayo, ignore the guy. He's not a friend. He doesn't see you as one anyway, he used you as a means to an end.I'm glad you are living fine.
Work hard and be a force to reckon with, he will be the one looking for u.
"Owo epo laye ba n làa, won ki n bani la owo ejee."
Btw,beware of people you call your friends.he was an ungrateful opportunist.
Even if na cleaner, hes got break period at work to say hello. His conscience is dead to humanity.
Keep doing good but never expect anything in return. I give out with no expectations and i only give what wont hurt me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:48am On Nov 20, 2018
NoToPile:

No vex I just had to quote this post

grin grin grin grin grin

That your friend harsh ooo

grin grin grin
nor be my padi ooo but na pessin send am to me and weeks on i still dey laugh...

Because i go tru such introductions every now and then..But i have never been vexed or irritated to close conversations like that ���� atleast i will explain or make a time that i could help...But i understand the writer...It appears everyone u know and intend to beg for favors starts the convos like that...Apparently u would know..And it all makes sense because they don't check on u unless they need something...

I have alot of people like that on my contact list anyway..But i have never turned them like that,even if some are so annoying that some times u offer help and they will even say...Ordinary 100 euros u nor go fit see I wonder if they knew how many hrs of work is 100eurs..

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' / A Nairalander's Visit To Agulu Lake Hotel, Anambra For Christmas Party (Photos) / 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.