Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country (50568 Views)

No Gree For Anybody: Now See This, Na Your Lane, You Go Gree? (pics) / If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by cbngov01(m): 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
Ive got my G in U.S... he left some months back. He js the one tht bombards me with calls and keeps insistinf Nigeria is Useless and hopeless! He is d reason ive applied to study abroad for my masters...never really liked abroad but cos of his persistence, wanna give it a try. My point is, a G will always be a G....forget yankee or no yankee. Dont even greet them and when they knoe u cant call to beg for cash, Ur relationship will be smooth

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Taiwo20(m): 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
the environment has so bastardized our collective psyche such that people celebrate what shouldn't ordinarily be celebrated.

Some admin of some SM group act as if they have made it in life likewise some mods.

Some pickers and dealers carry this arrogant air too.

At the same time, people travel abroad and think they have made it in life.

That's why people are easily scam with the "I'm calling from abroad trick"

My broda just keep on hustling and praying....and stop worrying yourself. He will turn around and try to contact you someday.

I only look up to God.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by jaxxy(m): 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
this is the eight years he has left ... mine is just to say hi

I’m sorry to say ur frnd is either selfish or worthless. What’s worse is he even saying he’s gona block u? That’s quite ridiculous and I doubt he was really ur frnd probably saw u as sm naive guy he can outsmart when he needed stuffs back then.

If he not in the position to help after freaking 8years dats fine Bt u haven’t even asked for such so what’s his problem?

17 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Abitolola: 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
The truth is that these guys were close in Nigeria. Before his friend traveled he got some favour in form of his Friend's shoes and suit. I think its unfair of him to act that way, no matter what he's going thorough.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by adonainana: 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
sassysure:
Two months and you are already hyped because he sent money to a non significant person.
When will u guys change.
This is exactly the reason they block u guys or refuse to call.
I'm still waiting for that person that will just end it in exchanging pleasantries.

At two months the guy may not have started work.
The sis is still taking care of him. Sis is yet to recoup back money spent.
You didn't actually help him from your heart.
U helped him with the intention of gaining and was taken aback when he gave something to his girlfriend first before you.

Go and buy another shoe or jacket and stop sounding like an immature kid.

See sense of entitlement already bc you gave him shoe and jacket.

Leave them baba, i dont think people understand how tough life can be in the UK.
Yes you earn a lot of money ( but the mistake people make is that you are not earning this in Naira, everyone is easy to do the conversion for you 500 Naira to £1, so if you earn £1,000 every month which is the minimum wage, suddenly you have 500,000 Naira in your Nigerian Bank account.

What takes the £1,000 away, they dont care and they dont wish to know, even if you explain to them, they are unbothered.

Life anywhere abroad is hard. It is hard because bills are expensive and therefore consume up to 50 percent of anyone earnings. Once this happens the remaining that is left is what the person would wish to use to enjoy his life too in the UK or anywhere abroad too. Even Primark that sells cheap clothes, there isnt much quality things you can buy there. Typical shopping might cost about a £1,000.

Even if you later even decide to go to other discout shops like Lidl or Aldl to buy food, its still the same ( Typical £20 here £30 there ) The £1000 you earn in that month is gone.

Now please people of God, imagining after all of these, someone from Nigeria asks you to send money to them. From what again ?

This is what people in Nigeria fail to understand, people abroad change cos there are just about BROKE as you, and im 100 percent being serious with you.

If im lieing God should punish me
If the girl fucck around like u said, is it your biz?
Amebo

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by bujebudanu1(m): 9:02pm On Nov 19, 2018
fasho01:

Trust me bro.. Even blood siblings are worse. Not stereotyping though

Baba.make I no talk my matter for here.
I Sabi them
I get siblings with bastard money that will tell u that wetin u dey find come abroad.so they no fit help.if I tell u how many times dem don collect my documents to help

I don dey prepare myself.them no get two heads.i gat find my way too

I no say dem worse.this guys are baba for USA but to help na problem and dem dey buy properties for naija everytime

6 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
fasho01:

Trust me bro.. Even blood siblings are worse. Not stereotyping though
yes ooo you are right.. Even they are around I don't go near them because they will start giving you body language s of wich you should understand
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Snwokenk: 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
agarawu23:
Hmmm......

I stopped visiting facebook when I traveled too. Friends asking for different finacial help and visa like I work in the embassy. Fvck u, I live in North Africa and not Yankee where they sell drugs, wire people's money and make hundreds of dollars angry sad

Abroad isn't easy.

You're very misinformed. Good luck in North Africa!

9 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Pabloosas(m): 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
The funniest thing is they only disturb you when they need your help... desist from bothering them with messages (forget they exist) and keep doing your thing, you’d be surprised when they start calling to do this and that for them.

8 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by TRUSTEDGUY: 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
There was this brother of mine who is my landlord then during my school days. He told me he needed to travel out of the country, though his junior sister stays in London, he wanted to use that influence to travel out.

The day came when he is about going, he got his visa, he showed me and he said to me if he gets there that he will not disappoint me that I should not worry ...

Though he is managing too, his sister sent him money for travelling and processing of the visa. He told me to dash him my suit and winter coat also one of my shoe of which I did. He is very local and not sociable.. It was the suit I gave him and my shoe he wore to UK.

When he got to UK, two Months later I heard that he sent money to his girlfriend and that one is just fuckinng around.

Fastfoward to this time i sent him messages on Facebook just to say hi and to know hope he is doing well. He did not reply but he saw my messages. Llater again I resend him message he told me that he will block me. He pretended as if he doesn't know me. This is the brother that do borrow Maggie and salt whenever he wants to cook or even beg me for soup.....

My intention is to greet him not demanding money from him. But now is it a crime to say hello because you stay in UK or Yankee? I don't know why people staying abroad always change their attitude whenever they travel out of the country.....

Please Share your experiences
Do not depend on human beings at all but on God your creator. I feel your pain that life.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Snwokenk: 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
"Abroad" is a very broad term. Don't compare someone living in the United States to any other place.

9 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2018
bujebudanu1:

Baba.make I no talk my matter for here.
I Sabi them
I get siblings with bastard money that will tell u that wetin u dey find come abroad.so they no fit help.if I tell u how many times dem don collect my documents to help

I don dey prepare myself.them no get two heads.i gat find my way too

I no say dem worse.this guys are baba for USA but to help na problem and dem dey buy properties for naija everytime
yes ooo nah true you talk...I saw one that told me that wat are you coming to abroad for? He said I will be used as slaves and yet you are there in UK.. sending Money anyhow..I don't bother to ask
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by adonainana: 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2018
sassysure:
Two months and you are already hyped because he sent money to a non significant person.
When will u guys change.
This is exactly the reason they block u guys or refuse to call.
I'm still waiting for that person that will just end it in exchanging pleasantries.

At two months the guy may not have started work.
The sis is still taking care of him. Sis is yet to recoup back money spent.
You didn't actually help him from your heart.
U helped him with the intention of gaining and was taken aback when he gave something to his girlfriend first before you.

Go and buy another shoe or jacket and stop sounding like an immature kid.

See sense of entitlement already bc you gave him shoe and jacket.
If the girl fucck around like u said, is it your biz?
Amebo

Leave them baba, i dont think people understand how tough life can be in the UK.
Yes you earn a lot of money ( but the mistake people make is that you are not earning this in Naira, everyone is easy to do the conversion for you 500 Naira to £1, so if you earn £1,000 every month which is the minimum wage, suddenly you have 500,000 Naira in your Nigerian Bank account.

What takes the £1,000 away, they dont care and they dont wish to know, even if you explain to them, they are unbothered.

Life anywhere abroad is hard. It is hard because bills are expensive and therefore consume up to 50 percent of anyone earnings. Once this happens the remaining that is left is what the person would wish to use to enjoy his life too in the UK or anywhere abroad too. Even Primark that sells cheap clothes, there isnt much quality things you can buy there. Typical shopping might cost about a £100

Even if you later even decide to go to other discout shops like Lidl or Aldl to buy food, its still the same ( Typical £20 here £30 there ) The £1000 you earn in that month is gone.

Now please people of God, imagining after all of these, someone from Nigeria asks you to send money to them. From what again ?

This is what people in Nigeria fail to understand, people abroad change cos there are just about BROKE as you, and im 100 percent being serious with you.

20 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by SarkinYarki: 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2018
GavelSlam:
The truth is you guys bother them too much.

2 months might be premature for one to act the way you've described but it is quite scary how many of you act.

Should he get on Facebook, within minutes, sometimes seconds, he'll get pings and buzzes.

Most times, it's all about what he can send to the "friend".

Very true
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
Abitolola:
The truth is that these guys were close in Nigeria. Before his friend traveled he got some favour in form of his Friend's shoes and suit. I think its unfair of him to act that way, no matter what he's going thorough.
when he borrowed it..he was promising me but I never bothered..I wish him well..but me I kukuma won say hello..he will neglect me..so nah so human beings dey
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
Beautyaddy:

I've been wanting to ask? Who's this person? undecided

osha of NL
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by israelmao(m): 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2018
Never depend on anybody but God!

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2018
You're complaining about outsiders, even one's family can be undependable at times

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:09pm On Nov 19, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Very true
I don't..it has been eight years now...this year make it eight years...I just wanted to say hello ...he started acting somehow..God sees my heart I never did

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by tonysleek(m): 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2018
I just dey luk u

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Komu1048(m): 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
There was this brother of mine who is my landlord then during my school days. He told me he needed to travel out of the country, though his junior sister stays in London, he wanted to use that influence to travel out.

The day came when he is about going, he got his visa, he showed me and he said to me if he gets there that he will not disappoint me that I should not worry ...

Though he is managing too, his sister sent him money for travelling and processing of the visa. He told me to dash him my suit and winter coat also one of my shoe of which I did. He is very local and not sociable.. It was the suit I gave him and my shoe he wore to UK.

When he got to UK, two Months later I heard that he sent money to his girlfriend and that one is just fuckinng around.

Fastfoward to this time i sent him messages on Facebook just to say hi and to know hope he is doing well. He did not reply but he saw my messages. Llater again I resend him message he told me that he will block me. He pretended as if he doesn't know me. This is the brother that do borrow Maggie and salt whenever he wants to cook or even beg me for soup.....

My intention is to greet him not demanding money from him. But now is it a crime to say hello because you stay in UK or Yankee? I don't know why people staying abroad always change their attitude whenever they travel out of the country.....

Please Share your experiences

I believe you've bought another suit and shoe. Please I need them, I want to travel out to Egypt. I have an exhibition I must attend. I won't forget you I swear. DM me

14 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by agarawu23(m): 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2018
Snwokenk:

You're very misinformed. Good luck in North Africa!
i am not misinformed sir, that's what guys in Yankee do to catch it "big" . Yeah, brought back so much luck and blessings from North Africa wink
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by bujebudanu1(m): 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2018
Taiwo20:
the environment has so bastardized our collective psyche such that people celebrate what shouldn't ordinarily be celebrated.

Some admin of some SM group act as if they have made it in life likewise some mods.

My broda just keep on hustling and praying....and stop worrying yourself. He will turn around and try to contact you someday.

I only look up to God.

Bro aswear.people believe ones they travel dem don turn baba be that.

6 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2018
Taiwo20:

I only look up to God.
thanks a lot bro..one love..nah so..we go be there one day...in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by princeakinola1(m): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2018
9JAFULLBREED:
But what if he’s not OK?
What if he never get job?
What if his eyes don clear about the monthly bills he go dey pay?

What if he’s still struggling with his papers?

See some people r kind of scared to talk to people back home if things never jel for them.
all this things you mention thus not give him reason to chat with love ones,don't feel big whenever you are there,he said he wanted to say hello, look at stupid action as a reply, I will block you,very useless somebody that think so low about tomorrow.
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by tober888(m): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2018
Expectation breads frustration. Learn to give and not expect anything in return.

5 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2018
Komu1048:

I believe you've bought another suit and shoe. Please I need them, I want to travel out to Egypt. I have an exhibition I must attend. I won't forget you I swear. DM me
funny you...you want make Dem carry you for rabbit... instead of asking of desert suit like jalamia and lawani lol
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Egisokoinspire1(m): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
wat am trying to justify is why is it that if they want. Travel out ..they will start promising heaven and earth ..after you might have assisted them with something..dey promise not to forget you...when dey get there ...dey start acting funny...I wish him well

That’s because they made plans without checking with the realities of those already living abroad. Sometimes we sit here and do the maths because someone wrote somewhere that the moment you enter Yankee, your life don change finish. People believe this stories so much they fail to plan before leaving Nigeria thereby finding it hard to settle down abroad but as dem don make mouth for you before them travel nko? Na to hide face o my brother!!!!

Mostly, it’s not the fault of the person oversees, it is the nature of the place that has made him go mute.

Lesson: Always look before you leap. The price of ignorance sometimes could cost you some real good relationships.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by abbey621(m): 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
wat am trying to justify is why is it that if they want. Travel out ..they will start promising heaven and earth ..after you might have assisted them with something..dey promise not to forget you...when dey get there ...dey start acting funny...I wish him well

You called this person a friend and even brother. Do you do favors for your friends or family in expectation of a reward? The guy might actually be living a hellish life abroad and might even end up borrowing money just to send to his GF because that is where all his hopes lies. Just thank God you are not the type to depend on a friend before you survive!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Beautyaddy: 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2018
azraeljaheel:

osha of NL

Lol! Thanks for the response. But why does the person keeps being called upon on most post?

Hope I'm not asking too much questions? grin
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by bujebudanu1(m): 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
yes ooo nah true you talk...I saw one that told me that wat are you coming to abroad for? He said I will be used as slaves and yet you are there in UK.. sending Money anyhow..I don't bother to ask

My siblings and cousins don spend over 25 yrs for USA.
Them Reach 30.

Na too sell one of there property remain for me.make I gather all my paper first.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Police Officer Dies In Accident In Kogi After Collision With A Car (Graphic Pic) / Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead / Sheikh Abdulganiyu Nuraini & His Aides Drown In Kwara Flood (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.