Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

NNFF Awards, Committee. - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NNFF Awards, Committee. (19774 Views)

Tokyo2020: Star Beer Partners Nigeria Olympic Committee To Support Team Nigeria / Esports Federation Kicks Against Interim Committee / NFF Reacts To FIFA Disciplinary Committee Sanction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 5:29am On Nov 28, 2019
forgiveness:

1. Nigerian Player of the Year:
Ighalo Odion
Wilfred Ndidi
Alex Iwobi

2. NPFL player of the Year:
No idea

3. Most Impactful New Inclusion (2019):
Joe Aribo
Ramon Azeez
Semi Ajayi

4. Best Ogedengbe Super Eagles Best Goal Keeper of the Year:
Daniel Akpeyi
Francis Uzoho
Maduka Okoye

5. Stephen Keshi Best Defender of the Year:
Ola Aina
Troost W. Ekong
Kenneth Omeruo

6. Samuel Okwaraji Best Midfielder of the Year:
Joe Aribo
Wilfred Ndidi
Oghenene Etebo

7. Rashidi Yekini Best Attacking player of the Year:
Odion Ighalo
Victor Osimhen
Samuel Chukwueze

8. Most improved player (2019):
Victor Osimhen
Wilfred Ndidi
Ola Aina

9. Young Player of the Year (U-21): Born not before January 1st 1998:
Joe Aribo
Victor Osimhen
Samuel Chukwueze

10. Best performing Foreign born Prospect of the year (Must still be eligible to play for Nigeria):
Eberechi Eze
Joe Aribo
Sheyi Ojo

11. Super Falcons Player of the Year:
Onome Ebi
Asisat Oshijala
Francisca Ordega

12. Super Eagles Goal of the Year:
Joe Aribo against Brazil
Samuel Kalu against Benin
Ighalo against Cameroon. Afcon

12. Best assist of the Year:
Aina back heel for Ighalo Burundi Afcon
M. Simon assist for Aribo against Brazil
Musa for Ighalo Cameroon Afcon

13. National Team of the Year:
Super Eagles
Falcons
Eaglets

Cc icon4s, forgiveness, komekn, thesupernerd, tbabab1234, andrewbaba44, bascovanveli, Safarigirl

Awards number 2 : You have to put up names. Pick from the CHAN team, Home based SE, U23, U20. Any names you can remember.

Award number 3: Ramon Azeez is NOT NEW to the SE. He is a Returnee and so not eligible for Nominations. If a player like Enyeama comes back will you call him a New inclusion into the SE?

Awards number 9: Joe Aribo is not eligible. Please go check his age.

Award number 10: Joe Aribo is not eligible, because he has been capped already. That award is for uncapped foreign born players only.

Please do these amendments as quickly as possible.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 5:37am On Nov 28, 2019
komekn:

Ighalo Odion
Wilfred Ndidi
Alex Iwobi

Mfon Udoh
Godwin Aguda
Ifeanyi Anemena

Joe Aribo
Ramon Azeez
Dennis Bonaventure

Daniel Akpeyi
Francis Uzoho
Maduka Okoye

Ola Aina
Troost W. Ekong
Seyi Ajayi

Joe Aribo
Wilfred Ndidi
Alex Iwobi

Odion Ighalo
Victor Osimhen
Samuel Chukwueze

Victor Osimhen
Wilfred Ndidi
Ola Aina

Eberechi Eze
Victor Osimhen
Samuel Chukwueze

10. Best performing Foreign born Prospect of the year (Must still be eligible to play for Nigeria):
Eberechi Eze
Oviemuno Ejaria
Dominic Iorfa

Onome Ebi
Asisat Oshijala
Francisca Ordega

Joe Aribo against Brazil
Samuel Kalu against Benin
Ighalo against Cameroon. Afcon

Aina back heel for Ighalo Burundi Afcon
M. Simon assist for Aribo against Brazil
Musa for Ighalo Cameroon Afcon

Super Eagles
Falcons
Eaglets

Cc icon4s, forgiveness, komekn, thesupernerd, tbabab1234, andrewbaba44, bascovanveli, Safarigirl

Komekn, you have still not adjusted your list. Please adjust your number 3 and 9. Azeez and Ebere Ezeh are not eligible for nominations into those awards category they have each been placed.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Embell: 6:10am On Nov 28, 2019
I suggest inclusion of "Best Player of the Decade" category, to be awarded every 10 years. You know the next award is 2020. I feel that will encourage/reward consistency and unalloyed commitment to the national team. Players like John Obi Mikel, Vincent Enyeama, or Ahmed Musa could be nominated for this category.

Thanks.

Icon4s:
Firstly we need to agree on how or who to select as our committee's chairperson.

Also we need to agree on the awards categories.
Are we adopting exact same for last year?
Are we removing or adding a couple of new categories?
Are we maintaining the names to be immortalized? We last used Ogedengbe, Keshi, Okwaraji and Yekini.

Please we need quick responses from committee members as this project has a time line.

Tbaba1234, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, Safarigirl, forgiveness.

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 6:51am On Nov 28, 2019
"I suggest inclusion of "Best Player of the Decade" category, to be awarded every 10 years. You know the next award is 2020. I feel that will encourage/reward consistency and unalloyed commitment to the national team. Players like John Obi Mikel, Vincent Enyeama, or Ahmed Musa could be nominated for this category.

Thanks."

Though this comment is not from a committee member, but let's look at it and comment please.

Tbaba1234, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, Safarigirl, forgiveness.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 7:30am On Nov 28, 2019
Icon4s:

Awards number 2 : You have to put up names. Pick from the CHAN team, Home based SE, U23, U20. Any names you can remember.

Award number 3: Ramon Azeez is NOT NEW to the SE. He is a Returnee and so not eligible for Nominations. If a player like Enyeama comes back will you call him a New inclusion into the SE?

Awards number 9: Joe Aribo is not eligible. Please go check his age.

Award number 10: Joe Aribo is not eligible, because he has been capped already. That award is for uncapped foreign born players only.

Please do these amendments as quickly as possible.

I don't agree with you on Ramon Azeez because he was never part of the SE except for the 3 games he played at the world cup in 2014, nothing to liken him with Enyeama. So, leave as it is.

3 to 4 of the committee members nominated him, I don't think your opinion carries weight in this case. EOD

I will look into others.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 8:06am On Nov 28, 2019
forgiveness:

I don't agree with you on Ramon Azeez because he was never part of the SE except for the 3 games he played at the world cup in 2014, nothing to liken him with Enyeama. So, leave as it is.

3 to 4 of the committee members nominated him, I don't think your opinion carries weight in this case. EOD

I will look into others.

You are only stiring up unnecessary controversies on this matter.

A player that has been capped has been capped whether he played only 1, 2 or 3 games. Ramon Azeez was at the 2014 World Cup. He is not new to the Super Eagles.

What happens if players like Stanley Amuzie, Olanrewaju Kayode, Aminu Usman, Azubuike Okechukwu, Ejike Uzoenyi and co are recalled? You still call them New inclusions into the Super Eagles? Come on!

We must set out very clear criteria that are easily measurable. The New inclusions for 2019 are players who made their debutes for the Super Eagles in 2019. This is very simple and clear. No ambiguity in it.

I am sure if some people see Ramon Azeez on the list of nominees for "New Inclusion 2019" they will raise questions considering his involvements in 2014. And this might stir up controversies that can derail the voting process.

Please we must keep things straight and simple. No room for ambiguity and controversies.

There are some other players who made their debutes this year(2019) chose from them please.

Please let others say something on this matter. To avoid unnecessary back and forth delays.

cc: Tbaba1234, TheSuperNerd, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, Andrewbaba44, Icon4s, forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 8:12am On Nov 28, 2019
Icon4s:

You are only stiring up unnecessary controversies on this matter.

A player that has been capped has been capped whether he played only 1, 2 or 3 games. Ramon Azeez was at the 2014 World Cup. He is not new to the Super Eagles.

What happens if players like Stanley Amuzie, Olanrewaju Kayode, Aminu Usman, Azubuike Okechukwu, Ejike Uzoenyi and co are recalled? You still call them New inclusions into the Super Eagles? Come on!

We must set out very clear criteria that are easily measurable. The New inclusions for 2019 are players who made their debutes for the Super Eagles in 2019. This is very simple and clear. No ambiguity in it.

I am sure if some people see Ramon Azeez on the list of nominees for "New Inclusion 2019" they will raise questions considering his involvements in 2014. And this might stir up controversies that can derail the voting process.

Please we must keep things straight and simple. No room for ambiguity and controversies.

There are some other players who made their debutes this year(2019) chose from them please.

Please let others say something on this matter. To avoid unnecessary back and forth delays.

cc: Tbaba1234, TheSuperNerd, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, Andrewbaba44, Icon4s, forgiveness.

It remains only your personal opinion.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 9:03am On Nov 28, 2019
forgiveness:

It remains only your personal opinion.
you like quarrel pass fight.

Me that suggested best Diasporan award and was told it would be limited to only the prospects and not internationals for other countries, did I make it an issue?

You did not suggest the category and you were told what it entails, but as usual, you must interpret it the way you want to. I thought you would do the honorable thing and excuse yourself from the committee since icon4s was added in despite your reservations, but you figured you could do more damage working from the inside, abi?

Icon4s, it is not every suggestion we must take, only the majority will win and just because someone put out a name does not mean it will make the final list. Feel free to delete any name that does not align with the requirements.

Cc. Thesupernerd, tbaba1234, bascovanveli, andrewbaba44, komekn
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 9:09am On Nov 28, 2019
safarigirl:

Me that suggested best Diasporan award and was told it would be limited to only the prospects and not internationals for other countries, did I make it an issue?

You did not suggest the category and you were told what it entails, but as usual, you must interpret it the way you want to. I thought you would do the honorable thing and excuse yourself from the committee since icon4s was added in despite your reservations, but you figured you could do more damage working from the inside, abi?

Icon4s, it is not every suggestion we must take, only the majority will win and just because someone put out a name does not mean it will make the final list. Feel free to delete any name that does not align with the requirements.

Why don't you come and excuse me then?

Typical authoritarian mentality. One of the reasons this country is in a mess.

1 Like

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 9:18am On Nov 28, 2019
forgiveness:

Why don't you come and excuse me then?

Typical authoritarian mentality. One of the reasons this country is in a mess.
your business. The only authoritarian here is you, that has refused to align with laid down procedures. You want to be a renegade and a rebel by any means necessary.

Icon4s, I have made my recommendation concerning this particular issue. It is his right to nominate and it is also the right of the committee to throw his nomination away, one man cannot be holding us hostage.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 9:27am On Nov 28, 2019
safarigirl:
your business. The only authoritarian here is you, that has refused to align with laid down procedures. You want to be a renegade and a rebel by any means necessary.

Icon4s, I have made my recommendation concerning this particular issue. It is his right to nominate and it is also the right of the committee to throw his nomination away, one man cannot be holding us hostage.

What laid down rules? Who made it and agreed to it? When?

You are not different from the past military juntas else how can you be forceful against 3 -4 committees wishes to nominate Ramon Azeez for the new inclusion?

1 Like

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:42am On Nov 28, 2019
safarigirl:

I don't think a difference in opinions should warrant such reaction. From where I'm sitting both parties have valid points and we just have to reach a compromise
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 10:48am On Nov 28, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I don't think a difference in opinions should warrant such reaction. From where I'm sitting both parties have valid points and we just have to reach a compromise
everyone followed the set out procedure, except him.

We can all scatter this thread if it is so, he isn't the only one that can hold on to his belief.

I can also choose to insist that the Diaspora awards be for Internationals of other countries with Nigerian root and we will make no progress

We don't have time to bicker here and points must be solid. From where I am sitting, his point is moot.

Icon4s, you that called us for opinions, please, what is the way forward? Is it every nomination that will make it to the final list, or is it just the majority? Because forgiveness insisting on his Ramon Azeez does not mean Ramon Azeez will make it to the final list
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:49am On Nov 28, 2019
forgiveness:

What laid down rules? Who made it and agreed to it? When?

You are not different from the past military juntas else how can you be forceful against 3 -4 committees wishes to nominate Ramon Azeez for the new inclusion?

No need for the harsh words. This is what this process is about. There is no problem with having differences, u just have to also have an open mind.

Ramon played a bit part before and that is a fact but the fact also is that he therefore is not a NEW inclusion in the team.

I propose that this matter be deliberated some more so we can reach a solution that we all can accept

Tbaba1234, TheSuperNerd, Safarigirl, Komekn, Andrewbaba44, Icon4s, forgiveness.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 10:51am On Nov 28, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

No need for the harsh words. This is what this process is about. There is no problem with having differences, u just have to also have an open mind.

Ramon played a bit part before and that is a fact but the fact also is that he therefore is not a NEW inclusion in the team.

I propose that this matter be deliberated some more so we can reach a solution that we all can accept

we have all reached a resolution before, until forgiveness.

It is not possible that everyone in a committee will agree to any resolution. All that is necessary is a majority, and we should put it to a vote at best.

Cc icon4s, thesupernerd, komekn, andrewbaba44, tbaba1234
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 11:09am On Nov 28, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

It seems Icons4 has a premeditated laid down rules he made by himself else how can he insist on his own personal opinion after 3 - 4 committees nominated Ramon Azeez?

He did not get the consent and approval of the committee through ballot or vote before he insisted Ramon Azeez is not eligible for nomination. Another kind of authoritarian personality in my own opinion.

Let me explain myself, in my own opinion, I think Ramon Azeez is eligible for nomination because he was never part of 'the dawn of the new era'. Or was he? In fact, he was never part of any era.

NB: Please, take note of the bolded.

1 Like

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:49am On Nov 28, 2019
safarigirl:
everyone followed the set out procedure, except him.

We can all scatter this thread if it is so, he isn't the only one that can hold on to his belief.

I can also choose to insist that the Diaspora awards be for Internationals of other countries with Nigerian root and we will make no progress

We don't have time to bicker here and points must be solid. From where I am sitting, his point is moot.

Icon4s, you that called us for opinions, please, what is the way forward? Is it every nomination that will make it to the final list, or is it just the majority? Because forgiveness insisting on his Ramon Azeez does not mean Ramon Azeez will make it to the final list

I totally understand but we still have to give him his say. I also reluctantly gave up on a award but not everyone can swallow their words so we have to at least give him a thought
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:51am On Nov 28, 2019
forgiveness:

It seems Icons4 has a premeditated laid down rules he made by himself else how can he insist on his own personal opinion after 3 - 4 committees nominated Ramon Azeez?

He did not get the consent and approval of the committee through ballot or vote before he insisted Ramon Azeez is not eligible for nomination. Another kind of authoritarian personality in my own opinion.

Let me explain myself, in my own opinion, I think Ramon Azeez is eligible for nomination because he was never part of 'the dawn of the new era'. Or was he? In fact, he never part of any era.

You have to understand that playing in a world cup is hard to overlook. We all know he didn't get a fair shot but facts are facts. If you want to change the rules you will have to thread delicately and politically. It won't get solved with a fight
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You have to understand that playing in a world cup is hard to overlook. We all know he didn't get a fair shot but facts are facts. If you want to change the rules you will have to thread delicately and politically. It won't get solved with a fight

Okay. Let us make the decision via vote. I think that's the way to go.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2019
forgiveness:

Let me explain myself, in my own opinion, I think Ramon Azeez is eligible for nomination because he was never part of 'the dawn of the new era'. Or was he? In fact, he was never part of any era.

Were you not part of the 2018 committee? Was it not it spelt out that the New Inclusions nominations is for players that made their debute in that same calendar year?

You just like picking up arguments over little things.

From the trend of nominations Your Ramon Azeez nomination already has no effect on the final outcome of nominations.

We have to move on please.

I will commence collation now. Bascovanveli please join me in doing this also so we can be doubly sure of the figures we are getting.
Thanks all for the co-operation thus far.

cc: Bascovanveli, tbaba1234, safarigirl, TheSupernerd, Andrewbaba44, Komekn, forgiveness, Icon4s
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 3:42pm On Nov 28, 2019
Icon4s:

Were you not part of the 2018 committee? Was it not it spelt out that the New Inclusions nominations is for players that made their debute in that same calendar year?

From the trend of nominations Your Ramon Azeez nomination already has no effect on the final outcome of nominations.

I will commence collation now. Bascovanveli please join me in doing this also so we can be doubly sure of the figures we are getting.

cc: Bascovanveli, tbaba1234, safarigirl, TheSupernerd, Andrewbaba44, Komekn, forgiveness, Icon4s

I can see you are making decisions on your own.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
Icon4s:

this is all that matters.

Irrespective of what he does, the nomination is useless and should have never been given too much attention. Na you get him time
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by andrewbaba44: 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
forgiveness:

I was thinking so about ramon azeez thou
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 4:46pm On Nov 28, 2019
andrewbaba44:

I was thinking so about ramon azeez thou

I wonder how 1 or 2 persons opinion overrule 4 of those who nominated Ramon Azeez opinions.

I know where to catch them.

1 Like

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2019
Results of Nominations

- Victor Osimhen =3
- Odion Ighalo = 8
- Wilfred Ndidi= 6

-William Troost-Ekong=1
- Alex Iwobi = 3
-Franscis Uzoho = 1
-Kenneth Omeruo = 1
-Ahmed Musa = 1

2. NPFL player of the Year (Featured in the 2018/2019 Season):
- Ifeanyi Anaemena = 3
- Mfon Udoh = 6
- Theophilus Afelokhai = 3

- Ikechukwu Ezenwa = 2
- Sikiru Alimi = 2
- Sunusi Ibrahim =2
- Olisa Ndah = 1
-Godwin Aguda = 2

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo = 7
- Dennis Emmanuel Bonaventure = 6
- Maduka Okoye = 6

- Ramon Azeez (Ineligible) = 2
- Semi Ajayi (Ineligible) = 1

- Ikechukwu Ezenwa = 4
- Francis Uzoho = 8
- Daniel Akpeyi = 8

- Maduka Okoye = 4

- William Troost-Ekong = 8
- Kenneth Omeruo = 5
- Ola Aina = 8

- Chidozie Awaziem = 2
- Semi Ajayi = 1

- Wilfred Ndidi = 8
- Joe Ayodele-Aribo = 7
- Alex Iwobi = 7

- Oghenekaro Etebo = 2

- Odion Ighalo = 8
- Victor Osimhen = 7
- Samuel Chukwueze = 8

- Ahmed Musa = 1

- Odion Ighalo = 2
- Victor Osimhen = 5
- Ola Aina = 6

- Chidozie Awaziem = 3*
- Samuel Chukwueze = 1
- Semi Ajayi = 3*
- Wifred Ndidi = 2

- Francis Uzoho = 5
- Victor Osimhen = 8
- Samuel Chukwueze = 8

- Ibrahim Sunusi = 1
- Eberechi Ezeh (ineligible) = 1
-Joe Aribo (Ineligible) = 1

- Eberechi Ezeh = 8

- Bukayo Saka = 3
- Cyriel Dessers = 6
- Ovie Edjaria = 4

- Dominic Iorfa (Jnr) = 1
- Sheyi Ojo = 1
- Joe Ayodele-Aribo (ineligible) = 1

- Chiamaka Nnadozie = 6
- Azeezat Oshoala = 8
- Francisca Ordega = 5

- Onome Ebi = 3
- Chidnma Okeke = 1
- Rasheedat Ajibade = 1

- Samuel Kalu versus Benin( 2021 AFCON qualifiers) = 7
- Paul Onuachu vs Egypt (Friendly) = 4
- Joe Aribo vs Brazil (Friendly) = 6

- Chukwueze vs Lesotho (2021 AFCON qualifiers) = 1
- Ighalo vs Burundi (2019 AFCON) = 1
- Chukwueze vs South Africa (2019 AFCON) = 1
- Ekong vs South Africa (2019 AFCON) = 1
- Ighalo vs Cameroon (2019 AFCON) = 1

- Victor Osimhen for Chukwueze versus Lesotho ( 2021 AFCON qualifiers) = 5
- Aina for Ighalo vs Burundi (2019 AFCON) = 8
- Musa for Ighalo vs Cameroon ( 2019 AFCON) = 7

- Azeez for Osimhen vs Lesotho = 1
- Iwobi for Aribo vs Ukraine = 1
- Simon for Aribo vs Brazil = 2

- The Super Falcons = 8
- The Super Eagles = 8
- The Golden Eaglets = 8

The bolded are the top 3 or 2 while those with '*' are tied.

We await Bascovanveli's result for further validation

Cc: Icon4s, TheSuperNerd, Bascovanveli, Forgiveness, Safarigirl, Tbaba1234, Andrewbaba44, Komekn.

1 Like

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:30am On Nov 29, 2019
Okay.... Cool... smiley

From the compiled result of nominations, I can see that No.1 and No.8 need to be finalised for good.

In no.1, Alex Iwobi shares same number of votes with Osimhen.

In no.8, There is a tie for third nominee spot between Awaziem and Semi Ajayi.

Finally, Forgiveness, try and play cool aiit... Yes, Ramon is new to Rohr's tenure but it doesn't make him a new inclusion to the Super Eagles as a whole. Dude had been a member of the Super Eagles even before Osimhen and Chukwueze made their national U-17 debuts. Think about it... wink

Also, I have it on good authority that when Ramon was given his first NT call-up since 2014, that is his recall, the senior players of the squad (like Musa, Omeruo and co who weren't around in camp for the Brazil game) informed the younger ones that Ramon didn't need an initiation becos he is not new to the Super Eagles set-up.

This was after the majority of the young squad had somehow made Ramon partake in the initiation involving others like Peter Olayinka and Viv Solomon Otabor.
The initiation was done in complete error. Their mistake is forgivable shaa.... It was due to them having never played with Ramon before.
But in the end, the senior ones called it to order. Ramon is no newbie/new inclusion to the Super Eagles.

The results of Nominations are finally revealed (pending Marvellous BascoVanVeli's submission) so we can move on but ofcourse after sorting out no.1 and no.8 of the awards categories.

Merci.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:36am On Nov 29, 2019
Noted. wink

Icon4s:
Let's also note a new addition to this selection process and this is the Nigerian Best XI, 2019. We will commence this as soon as everyone here is done making nominations of which Forgiveness is the only person left.

For the best XI we can compile it here but will not release it until we are done with the voting process in the general house.

Icon4s, TheSuperNerd, Bascovanveli, Forgiveness, Safarigirl, Tbaba1234, andrewbaba44, Komekn.

1 Like

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:39am On Nov 29, 2019
So he is called the Panther now eh? cheesy

Which one exactly? The Pink Panther or the Black panther? grin

Well seriously shaa, I'm honestly Surprised and impressed to hear about Okpotu doing "the done" in Tunisia. Nice. wink

BascoVanVeli:
I believe that the NPFL Alumni of the year is a quality award because it gives a progress report. I think it is easier to know former NPFL players than the ones we have. Let's give credit to guys who leave the league and make us proud. Chisom Egbuchalam is ballin in Korea, Stephen Odey scored against Liverpool and of all people The Panther Anthony Okpotu is the leading scorer in Tunisia while his team tops the log. It is unfair to leave these guys out. We also have Ahmed Musa, Etebo, Shehu and Ighalo in the picture.

Please don't be offended by my post. I will accept the decision but I just felt I should explain my thinking. Again sorry if this is digressing.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:43am On Nov 29, 2019
Sorry it took too long but here are the results.

Odion Ighalo 8
Wilfred Ndidi 6
William Troost Ekong 1
Victor Osimhen 3
Alex Iwobi 3
Francis Uzoho 1
Kenneth Omeruo 1
Ahmed Musa 1

Sikiru Alimi 2
Sunusi Ibrahim 2
Mfon Udoh 6
Ifeanyi Anaemena 3
Ikechukwu Ezenwa 2
Theophilus Afelokhai 3
Olisa Ndah 1
Godwin Aguda 2

Joe Aribo 8
Dennis Bonaventure 7
Maduka Okoye 6
Ramon Azeez 2
Ajayi 1

1. Akpeyi 8
2. Uzoho 8
3. Okoye 4
4. Ikechukwu Ezenwa 4

1. Ola Aina 8
2. William Troost Ekong 8
3. Chidozie Awaziem 2
4. Omeruo 5
Ajayi 1

1. Alex Iwobi 7
2. Wilfred Ndidi 8
3. Joe Aribo 7
4. Etebo 2

1. Osimhen 8
2. Ighalo 8
3. Chukwueze 8

1. Uzoho 2
2. Ola Aina 7
3. Chidozie Awaziem 3
4. Ighalo 2
5. Osimhen 5
6. Semi Ajayi 3
7. Ndidi 2

1. Chukwueze 8
2. Osimhen 8
3. Uzoho 5
4. Ibrahim Sanusi 1
5. Eze 1
6. Aribo 1
10. Best performing Foreign born Prospect of the year

1. Ejaria 4
2. Ebere Eze 8
3. Cyriel Dessers 6
4. Bukayo Saka 3
5. Dominic Iorfa 1
6. Aribo 1
7. Ojo 1

1. Oshoala 8
2. Chiamaka Nnadozie 5
3. Onome Ebi 3
4. Francisca Ordega 6
5. Chidinma Okeke 1
6. Ajibade 1

1. Kalu vs Benin 7
2. Aribo vs Brazil 6
3. Chukwueze vs Lesotho 1
4. Paul Onuachu vs Egypt (Friendly) 4
5. Odion Ighalo vs Burundi (Afcon 2019) 1
6. Samuel Chukwueze (vs. S/Africa AFCON 2019) 1
7. Troost Ekong vs South Africa AFCON 2019 1
8. Ighalo vs Cameroon AFCON 2019 3

13. Best assist of the Year:

1. Aina vs Burundi 6
2. Osimhen vs Lesotho 4
3. Azeez vs Lesotho 1
4. Aina for Ighalo vs Burundi (2019 AFCON) 3
5. Musa for Ighalo vs Cameroon ( 2019 AFCON) 7
6. Alex Iwobi for Joe Aribo (vs. Ukraine friendly) 1
7. M. Simon assist for Aribo against Brazil 2

14. National Team of the Year:

Super Eagles 8
Super Falcons 8
Golden Eaglets 8

Cc: Icon4s, TheSuperNerd, Forgiveness, Safarigirl, Tbaba1234, Andrewbaba44, Komekn.

2 Likes

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:44am On Nov 29, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
So he is called the Panther now eh? cheesy

Which one exactly? The Pink Panther or the Black panther? grin

Well seriously shaa, I'm honestly Surprised and impressed to hear about Okpotu doing "the done" in Tunisia. Nice. wink

grin grin grin

That has always been his nickname since in Lobi.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by komekn(m): 11:32am On Nov 29, 2019
Icon4s:

On award category 3, Ramon Azeez is not a New inclusion into the SE. He is a Returnee.

On award category 9, Eberechi Ezeh is not eligible. That award is for players that have featured in any of our national Teams (From U17, 20, 23 and SE). Uncapped Foreign borns have their own exclusive award.

Please do the necessary amendments. Thanks

The award is called;

9. Young Player of the Year (U-21): Born not before January 1st 1998

That's the clearly descriptiive term no other deduction can be made from that. It's inclusive and all encompassing for any player of Nigerian origin.

What you are doing is changing the rules of the game in the middle of the game.

What you should do is create a new award:

Awards for players that have featured in any of our national Teams (From U17, 20, 23 and SE).
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by komekn(m): 5:57pm On Nov 29, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
I believe that the NPFL Alumni of the year is a quality award because it gives a progress report. I think it is easier to know former NPFL players than the ones we have. Let's give credit to guys who leave the league and make us proud. Chisom Egbuchalam is ballin in Korea, Stephen Odey scored against Liverpool and of all people The Panther Anthony Okpotu is the leading scorer in Tunisia while his team tops the log. It is unfair to leave these guys out. We also have Ahmed Musa, Etebo, Shehu and Ighalo in the picture.

Please don't be offended by my post. I will accept the decision but I just felt I should explain my thinking. Again sorry if this is digressing.

It's not a level playing field where different leagues are concerned.

Nonetheless, and award that highlights African based players should be on the cards. For instance l have never heard of Okpotu. Everything, can not just be Europe based.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

Mbappe Turns Down Al Hilal Approach / Videos Of Sunday Oliseh Ranting,Calling His Haters 'Mad & Insane People' / Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.