Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat (33825 Views)

My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened / I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me / ‘my Brother-in-law Wants To Share Bed With Me’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 26, 2018
Sabbath Ladies. hmmn. You never see anything. Lol. But agreement is agreement naa. Marriages sha.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by chukwudiology(m): 11:18pm On Nov 26, 2018
Well, some women needs iron hand. Advice ur brother to stop caring or providing for her until she stop going to that church. He should do thgs that will hurt her feelings.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by potterlite: 11:18pm On Nov 26, 2018
Why are we christians like this? Why can't we just respect one another's faith. When it''s not that she's fetish or serve another god. Why should small issue like this affect something as strong as marriage? hmmmm
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 26, 2018
airsaylongcon:
Which sabbath is this? Seventh-day Adventist? If its them the guy should calm down.
Latter day saints.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by 1x2x3: 11:20pm On Nov 26, 2018
potterlite:
Why are we christians like this? Why can't we just respect one another's faith. When it''s not that she's fetish or serve another god. Why should small issue like this affect something as strong as marriage? hmmmm

Many of those sabbath churches are fetish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by kushercain: 11:21pm On Nov 26, 2018
samysmoothfresh:

oshey woman activist!!

This guy your stalking get levels o
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by IrokoOluwere: 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
Lmao
Thank god for Islam
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Hollysaint: 11:31pm On Nov 26, 2018
Once you join Sabbath you can never leave .o
It's like cult.IThere practices are very fetish.I personally can't marry a Sabbath.
I recommend they stick to there agreement or get a divorce.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by luminouz(m): 11:32pm On Nov 26, 2018
victorian:

Na wa o

Since morning till past 5pm? sad

Is she alright upstairs? sad

No wonder the husband is thinking of breaking up. What's the use marrying a woman when she will not be available on Saturdays, and spend the whole day in the church?
When the husband start beating her now? She will quickly snap her face filled with blood with broken tooth and post online.

That's how one of my neighbors beat up his wife after warning her several times to stop weekly church service, Mondays and Wednesdays. Cause she leaves home in the mid afternoon while he's still at work then come back home at night from 9pm.
This. Man is already back from work around 5pm. That's how he will start preparing his food and food the children will eat, cos his wife left the kids with house help. The man has complained taya, she no dey listen. Very stubborn wife.
And he married her when she was very young working as house help in one lady's restaurant in the village. He was the one who freed her from job of househelp, paid her bride price, bring her to Lagos, feed her well. She don fat now look like yokozuna cheesy

She now talks back at the husband, that she can't leave her church or stop serving God, that the husband is the devil.

I look at both of them in amazement as they both table their grudges before my mum, when she was alive years back.

Chai! Some women can be so stubborn. The man beat her one day and threw her things out. She fought him back and threw her things in cheesy

Na wa o

Later, neighbours had to take her elsewhere for safety.

Women ehn? grin

"Shakes head. "

Op , your brother need to call family meeting and someone she respects to talk to her and advise her.

Oh Victorian...I'd love to see a woman try that ish with me..she will pack out the next day... Its either I have peace in my home or she goes...the thing is when men play too nice,women consider it as weakness!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by MarianaTrench: 11:33pm On Nov 26, 2018
ogawisdom:

The agreement was for the purpose of the wedding only I guess, anyway what if she refuses to change church?

oral agreement is not tenable

An agreement is tenable weather oral or written!

The big issue is - Can you pro e it in a court of law?
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by lastclaire4(f): 11:34pm On Nov 26, 2018
stansaintly:
I just received a call from my brother weeping bitterly and I've tried to calm him down but it's like I'm not making any headway at all. Please I need your advice urgently

He started dating this lady 3 years ago, though he had someone he wanted to marry but due to distance between them they had to call the relationship off even when it's clear that they loved themselves dearly. To heal the wound easily he started dating this lady in question after six months of sabbatical leave.

The lady is a Sabbath while my brother attends the Redeemed but they had an agreement (from what he told me) that church or religious differences won't affect their relationship. From his statement they agreed that they must choose another church outside theirs to avoid one feeling cheated which she accepted and to make everything beautiful between them, after their traditional marriage they relocated to another state.

Each time my brother ask the lady to get set for church she would get angry and tell him that she can't change her church. Today, as he came back home to see his family, surprisingly, the lady had gone to her church (Sabbath) with their daughter.

Though, from my findings, the church isn't his major problems but her church doctrines

He said that he would call the marriage over today. That he can't stand the doctrines practiced in his home.

Any idea on what to tell him will be cherish please.

Sorry to digress a bit. But ask your brother very well about his past relationship. I don't think he is being totally truthful. That girl said something when she was leaving. It didn't really go down well with her. It is not normal for ladies to call-off long distance relationship. You may need to ask your brother very well. Probably she has said he won't have a ...........
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Yoshy: 11:39pm On Nov 26, 2018
stansaintly:
I just received a call from my brother weeping bitterly and I've tried to calm him down but it's like I'm not making any headway at all. Please I need your advice urgently

He started dating this lady 3 years ago, though he had someone he wanted to marry but due to distance between them they had to call the relationship off even when it's clear that they loved themselves dearly. To heal the wound easily he started dating this lady in question after six months of sabbatical leave.

The lady is a Sabbath while my brother attends the Redeemed but they had an agreement (from what he told me) that church or religious differences won't affect their relationship. From his statement they agreed that they must choose another church outside theirs to avoid one feeling cheated which she accepted and to make everything beautiful between them, after their traditional marriage they relocated to another state.

Each time my brother ask the lady to get set for church she would get angry and tell him that she can't change her church. Today, as he came back home to see his family, surprisingly, the lady had gone to her church (Sabbath) with their daughter.

Though, from my findings, the church isn't his major problems but her church doctrines

He said that he would call the marriage over today. That he can't stand the doctrines practiced in his home.

Tell your brother to chill. He is gaining so much from such doctrines but doesn't know it yet.

Just like it's difficult for your brother to start acting like someone that observes the Shabbat, so is it equally difficult for her to act like someone that doesn't observe the Shabbat.

He should let her be and do his own thing. I have seen homes with Moslem and Christian parents flourish.

What is even wrong with people, jumping in and out of relationships? Marriage for that matter. I think this runs down to the lady not being the so called love of his life whom he didn't get to marry, because I can't see the reason why he closed a blind eye to these doctrines b4 marriage only to start talking about it after a kid.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by ronnietilo: 11:40pm On Nov 26, 2018
stansaintly:

Tellyourproblems.com
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by chocboi78(m): 11:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
stansaintly:

I can't really tell her age but I guess she should be two years
u don't know ur nephew /niece's age?? Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by luminouz(m): 11:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
Saff:
The truth is that he doesn’t love that woman.

He only married her out of pity and she was a rebound from his last relationship. He is looking for any excuse to leave his wife because he’s still in love with his ex. You bringing up his ex had nothing to do with his story but it’s significant because she’s the cause of all of this. Biko, tell your husband to divorce the poor lady so he can be the one he truly loves.
undecided
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Yoshy: 11:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
Saff:
The truth is that he doesn’t love that woman.

He only married her out of pity and she was a rebound from his last relationship. He is looking for any excuse to leave his wife because he’s still in love with his ex. You bringing up his ex had nothing to do with his story but it’s significant because she’s the cause of all of this. Biko, tell your husband to divorce the poor lady so he can be the one he truly loves.

My point exactly...funny how people think the grass is always greener on the other side. First marriages have higher chances of survival than second or third marriages. Check the stats.

So I dont agree on divorce just because of this issue.

The man only have a say on how to raise his kids or the doctrine, he is not supposed to force the lady to change doctrine, who wants an unhappy and miserable wife in a home?
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by gudugudumeje: 11:46pm On Nov 26, 2018
Let ur broda stop having more baby 4r her. No sex; no food from her. Let her alon; but pls.give her money for but stop eating there. Ad pls.dont beat her. Possibly let a furnished apartnent/room u can stow away else.. In less than 1yr.she wl change calling people to beg u... U dont just quit marriage lk wn it shd be managed as above stated..for this maybe a lesser evil to what a new marriage may bring... Then if she doesnt change,u may quit. But first get her managed...
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by mastermaestro(m): 11:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
1x2x3:
I currently have a girlfriend who just started sabbath and I'm closely monitoring her conversations with their supposed prophet who she believes 100% because of the accurate things he told her about her past but then I'm seeing some manipulation the man is carrying out.

What sought of church allows members to Bath in church?

Which kind of prophet gives a female member oil to apply on her private part In the name of fighting off spiritual husband?

In the last conversation I went through he told her that her spiritual husband is strong that he the prophet will need to bath her personally cheesy cheesy.

Funny thing is that she isn't seeing any manipulation in it. What she doesn't understand is that she will end the relationship soon which I've told her but she feels I'm joking. Other diabolic practices I've seen which I call childish knowing what I've seen in life.

OP tell your brother to stop his wife from going to that church or divorce her.

You had better run fast before they give you spiritual wife. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by gudugudumeje: 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2018
Let your broda stop having more baby 4r her. No sex; no food from her. Let her alone; but pls.give her money for food but stop eating there.Ad pls.dont beat her. Possibly let a furnished apartnent/room elsewhere u can stow away.. In less than 1yr.she wl change calling people to beg u... U dont just quit marriage lk wn it shd be managed as above stated..for this maybe a lesser evil to what a new marriage may throw up... Then if she doesnt change, u may quit. But first get her managed...
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by lastempero: 11:52pm On Nov 26, 2018
Your brother came back from a sabbatical leave and entered in another unending sabbatical leave.odinma!!!
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by MsGood(f): 11:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
stansaintly:

The agreement was for them to come together as husband and wife and build a happy home since none was/is willing to go to another's church. That's the main reason they decided not to have church wedding. They relocated to another place just to start a new life and agreed to start a different church so that none will feel cheated
Your bro sounds like a good man but he shouldn't have made the mistake of marrying outside the Pentecostal faith. Marriage is a life partnership so the partners must have the same opinion about crucial matters. I know the deed is done so let him pray and trust God for help. He is a man so he should put his feet down and demand respect in his home. He is the head and he should act like it.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 27, 2018
Xisnin:
Your brother is to blame here.
The issue should have been discussed before marriage but
some men believe that they can manipulate their wives into
doing their bidding.
Stop it! Just stop it!! Stop disgracing yourself on nairaland undecided
Sorry, did you read that post in any way
Because if you did, you will see how you're embarrassing yourself on social media undecided

All these guyz that won't read a post, but fast to comment & be spewing trash at end end of the day!
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 27, 2018
Reading comments for two hours meh
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by realoscar84(m): 12:08am On Nov 27, 2018
Why don't you shut the Bleep up man? Its obvious you are non practising Muslim. All these fake ass Muslims who only claim to be Muslim bcus their parents was one and they bear muslim names. They only show themselves during month of Ramadan n during eid celebrations but they hardly observe salat. How can a practising Muslim married in the church bcus of his wife being a xtian? Allah doesn't forbids muslims marrying people of the book(alal-kitab) but you must draw a boundary that shouldn't be crossed e.g preventing ur offsprings from being indoctrinated into her religion. You are running mouth your that you got wedded in ur wife's church while you are deceiving yourself that you are a Muslim. So that those hypocritical xtians will hail you for being religious tolerant. Mind you, my most trusted friends are xtians but we draw a boundary when it comes to religions issue which neither try to cross. Stay on ur religious lane, let me stay in mine.

efighter:
I am a Muslim, I am married to a Christian. We married at her Church. We have been married for 7 years plus. We do have issues just as every other marriage but Religion is never any of our issues. If you cannot love a fellow Christian, how would you love a Muslim or an Aetist?

3 Likes

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by TheKingIsHere: 12:14am On Nov 27, 2018
stansaintly:

He has the right to call off the marriage as it was conceived out of deceit.

The lady deceived him that she would change her Church if they get married which lead to your brother marrying her.

If she didn't lie, your brother wouldn't have been married to her.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Artzdanielsz(m): 12:22am On Nov 27, 2018
That brother of yours must be desperate to marry. He set the tone of his marriage by agreeing to such arrangement. He gave his power away to that lady and it resulted to disobedience.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Tijay90(m): 12:26am On Nov 27, 2018
Isn't it funny that religions that profess peace & love actually tear people apart?
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by 1x2x3: 12:57am On Nov 27, 2018
mastermaestro:

You had better run fast before they give you spiritual wife. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm dusting my shoes gradually.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by paparazzi1987(m): 12:58am On Nov 27, 2018
You and your brother don't have sense grin

Because of church una dey cry
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by spiritedtete: 1:00am On Nov 27, 2018
Your brother had better stood his ground.. or else he will continue to be unhappy for the rest his life... One wrong turn in a man's life can alter ones fate...

Personally for me... We will live as couple until I find solace to move on quickly and then end it...

The reason for my statement is because since we both can't compromise our happiness ... Then there is no joy and love in-between us.

Marriage is beyond lips say
Marriage can alter your destiny
Marriage is sacrifice
Marriage is beyond just love

If you cannot adjust and submit to your husband you have no business with marraige. (Just be a baby mama)

For men.. don't get carried away too quickly try and see manipulation from all angles by walking in love and not falling in love.

Love with your head and not your heart.

Remember to always be the Alpha male you are made to be . ( Don't be sassy please)

Lastly, please never Nag or beat a woman to prove a point as a man. Never!

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Kirinwa: 1:03am On Nov 27, 2018
stansaintly:

Tell him he's an idiot, sorry tell him he's a fool. What am I my even saying? He must be silly.
What made him think he could change a full blooded adult, less so a woman after marriage?

Don't you know she would have agreed to anything just to get the ring on her fingers.

Anything you don't like about a person before marriage, then let them go cos that thing will magnify after marriage.
He hasn't seen anything, this is phase 1 , phase 2 is when the congregation gather in your home to drive the so called demon from you.

Jah Jehovah holy!

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by bluefilm: 1:05am On Nov 27, 2018
stansaintly:

Tell him that one wise man once said that "religion is the opiate of the dumb masses".

Make sure you emphasize the word dumb for him.

Hopefully, he'll get the idea and wake up from being a sheeple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some Childish Things Some Men Do / Doctor Couple Die As Fire Razes Home In Maiduguri (Photos) / Woman Burnt By Fire While Helping Her Blind Husband In Benue (Viewers Discretion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.