Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,083 members, 7,835,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat (33823 Views)

My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened / I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me / ‘my Brother-in-law Wants To Share Bed With Me’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by dochenaj: 1:19am On Nov 27, 2018
victorian:

Na wa o

Since morning till past 5pm? sad

Is she alright upstairs? sad

No wonder the husband is thinking of breaking up. What's the use marrying a woman when she will not be available on Saturdays, and spend the whole day in the church?
When the husband start beating her now? She will quickly snap her face filled with blood with broken tooth and post online.

That's how one of my neighbors beat up his wife after warning her several times to stop weekly church service, Mondays and Wednesdays. Cause she leaves home in the mid afternoon while he's still at work then come back home at night from 9pm.
This. Man is already back from work around 5pm. That's how he will start preparing his food and food the children will eat, cos his wife left the kids with house help. The man has complained taya, she no dey listen. Very stubborn wife.
And he married her when she was very young working as house help in one lady's restaurant in the village. He was the one who freed her from job of househelp, paid her bride price, bring her to Lagos, feed her well. She don fat now look like yokozuna cheesy

She now talks back at the husband, that she can't leave her church or stop serving God, that the husband is the devil.

I look at both of them in amazement as they both table their grudges before my mum, when she was alive years back.

Chai! Some women can be so stubborn. The man beat her one day and threw her things out. She fought him back and threw her things in cheesy

Na wa o

Later, neighbours had to take her elsewhere for safety.

Women ehn? grin

"Shakes head. "

Op , your brother need to call family meeting and someone she respects to talk to her and advise her.

Lol. You and head shaking.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by rOsy247(f): 2:33am On Nov 27, 2018
Church church has always been a problem in marriages since B.C.E
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by rOsy247(f): 2:42am On Nov 27, 2018
efighter:
I am a Muslim, I am married to a Christian. We married at her Church. We have been married for 7 years plus. We do have issues just as every other marriage but Religion is never any of our issues. If you cannot love a fellow Christian, how would you love a Muslim or an Aetist?

Nice one. Love is the key thing here. If there's real love in the union the issue of religion will sort itself out cos there'll be huge compromises made.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by icogb: 2:47am On Nov 27, 2018
Op, if I got you right, your brother knew dat d lady he wld be marrying is a Sabbath, went ahead to marry her nd den want her to change church even when there was no such agreement b4 dey got married? Hmmmm.... Jst imagining d confusion dey wont to expose dis children to. I just pray your children their re like me. Won't waste time to shoot dem both once m out of school nd wld try my best to make sure I left high school b4 18. Young couples, some mistakes re not meant to be repeated in dis age o.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by duduade: 2:50am On Nov 27, 2018
stansaintly:
I just received a call from my brother weeping bitterly and I've tried to calm him down but it's like I'm not making any headway at all. Please I need your advice urgently

He started dating this lady 3 years ago, though he had someone he wanted to marry but due to distance between them they had to call the relationship off even when it's clear that they loved themselves dearly. To heal the wound easily he started dating this lady in question after six months of sabbatical leave.

The lady is a Sabbath while my brother attends the Redeemed but they had an agreement (from what he told me) that church or religious differences won't affect their relationship. From his statement they agreed that they must choose another church outside theirs to avoid one feeling cheated which she accepted and to make everything beautiful between them, after their traditional marriage they relocated to another state.

Each time my brother ask the lady to get set for church she would get angry and tell him that she can't change her church. Today, as he came back home to see his family, surprisingly, the lady had gone to her church (Sabbath) with their daughter.

Though, from my findings, the church isn't his major problems but her church doctrines

He said that he would call the marriage over today. That he can't stand the doctrines practiced in his home.

Any idea on what to tell him will be cherish please.

She must be a cheat..

One chance..

All these ladies who will lie just to get married

Be watchful her true colors just started
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by JustSomeDude(m): 3:23am On Nov 27, 2018
If religious people are calling off their marriages because of some differences in doctrines, what then would become of an atheist like me shocked. I can't get married to a religious fanatic, that's if I would get married in the first place and I'm sure as hell that it won't be an African
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by yellowman2225(m): 4:07am On Nov 27, 2018
Get 2 odds guaranteed winning everyday. visit; bestbetpredictiononline..com
Today AS Roma – Real Madrid Tip:x2
Odds: 1.35
Lyon – Manchester City Tip: Over 1.5 goals / Odd: 1.15
Juventus- Valencia TIP: 1
Odd: 1.4
bestbetpredictiononline..com
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Noblepreneur: 4:27am On Nov 27, 2018
stansaintly:

I suggested same to him but he said before now he warned her that if she must go to her church that she should not go there with his child but the lady insisted that the child is also hers.

I just finished speaking with him now. Up till now the lady hasn't come back, that's also one of the problems. Maybe the church stays long before they finish their service
is he afraid of his wife? I don't understand why men would allow their wives make important decision in their family
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by boban007: 4:29am On Nov 27, 2018
The wife is a sabath and he previously went on sabatical.may be thats why the wife is a sabateur.they should do the needful to avoid sabotage and remember the sabath day to keep it holy.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Ryabcool(m): 4:39am On Nov 27, 2018
Rosarie:
over SaBI.mummy's boy that for ur bro while u re a brother pokenoser.i hope any issue he has at home he will keep calling you.what is ur business in their marriage.cant he handle this little issue .na wa to.pls face front ND mind ur business oga.u go and marry.so tey u Kno their initial agreement.leave ur brother and the wife to quarrel and settle themselves.its challenges in marriage that makes the bond stronger.ur brother was crying;give am feeding bottle.
challenge makes bond stronger? I hope when your husband starts sleeping with various women outside, you would also take feeding bottle and stop crying since it is also a challenge. Nonsense

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by chris31(m): 4:48am On Nov 27, 2018
If u want to get married to me u must be ready to attend same church with me but after marriage u want to prove stubborn by changing church that's end of the marriage
A woman does not have a particular church until she marries where ur husband goes u follow him but some guys are dumb can't install decipline in their home
Women are difficult being & it requires difficult measures to handle them otherwise ur home will break up don't allow love to cover ur eyes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Xisnin(m): 4:52am On Nov 27, 2018
Glycolysis:

Stop it! Just stop it!! Stop disgracing yourself on nairaland undecided
Sorry, did you read that post in any way
Because if you did, you will see how you're embarrassing yourself on social media undecided

All these guyz that won't read a post, but fast to comment & be spewing trash at end end of the day!
If you have an iota of sense and can read in-between the lines, you would know that
the issue was never discussed as claimed by the OP.
What do I know, you might be one of those kids still struggling with Waec.
If you are not, then it is a shame that you lack comprehension.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by ajol1990(m): 4:52am On Nov 27, 2018
Me as far I am concern I don't see any anything wrong with your wife going to church on Sabbath day just sit her down as asked to try and convinced you on the reason why she is going to church on that day simple
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Nobody: 5:08am On Nov 27, 2018
Kirinwa:

Tell him he's an idiot, sorry tell him he's a fool. What am I my even saying? He must be silly.
What made him think he could change a full blooded adult, less so a woman after marriage?

Don't you know she would have agreed to anything just to get the ring on her fingers.

Anything you don't like about a person before marriage, then let them go cos that thing will magnify after marriage.
He hasn't seen anything, this is phase 1 , phase 2 is when the congregation gather in your home to drive the so called demon from you.

Jah Jehovah holy!
hahahaha ,they will use cane and holy water to flog the demon out of him.
This church issue is very serious . I lost two good relationships because I dont attend church even tho I believe in God.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by jireh250: 5:16am On Nov 27, 2018
Xisnin:

If you have an iota of sense and can read in-between the lines, you would know that
the issue was never discussed as claimed by the OP.
What do I know, you might be one of those kids still struggling with Waec.
If you are not, then it is a shame that you lack comprehension.

Have you ever studied for or done a Critical Reasoning exam before? You will know you are not supposed to bring in any assumptions not stated in the write up. Just stick to the facts of write up which includes that there was an agreement. Don't read in between the lines. Peace.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 27, 2018
what did i know about marriage
lemme sit down for one corner and learn
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by gentlezypher: 5:50am On Nov 27, 2018
stansaintly:

I suggested same to him but he said before now he warned her that if she must go to her church that she should not go there with his child but the lady insisted that the child is also hers.

I just finished speaking with him now. Up till now the lady hasn't come back, that's also one of the problems. Maybe the church stays long before they finish their service
i guess the children belongs to them both, by the way,which of the sabbath churches and what doctrines scares him?

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by ogawisdom(m): 6:27am On Nov 27, 2018
MarianaTrench:

An agreement is tenable weather oral or written!

The big issue is - Can you pro e it in a court of law?

How can you prove something in court without evidence
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Tuns20(m): 6:48am On Nov 27, 2018
I'm not here to spite any church but marrying from seventh day Adventist church especially if u marry their women..you have a lot to deal with..firstly for her to marry you. she must have gone through a lot to convince her parents if they're Elders in the church oh.
secondly they don't want their female to leave their folds..don't be surprised if it's her mom that's instigating this..i know what am saying..i have been in such situation before. we were lovers I got her pregnant..her parents told me point blank that if i don't convert to seventh day Adventist church..i should forget about marrying their daughter..when she already has a baby on the way for me..I faced alot then oh and even the girl wasn't helping matters..telling..me.if I want to get married to her that she'll be going to her church every Saturday..Lots happened that I can't type..i call their church mini confraternity..their common interest is that as a lady you won't leave their fold..lailai..i wish your brother all the best..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 27, 2018
stansaintly:
I just received a call from my brother weeping bitterly and I've tried to calm him down but it's like I'm not making any headway at all. Please I need your advice urgently

He started dating this lady 3 years ago, though he had someone he wanted to marry but due to distance between them they had to call the relationship off even when it's clear that they loved themselves dearly. To heal the wound easily he started dating this lady in question after six months of sabbatical leave.

The lady is a Sabbath while my brother attends the Redeemed but they had an agreement (from what he told me) that church or religious differences won't affect their relationship. From his statement they agreed that they must choose another church outside theirs to avoid one feeling cheated which she accepted and to make everything beautiful between them, after their traditional marriage they relocated to another state.

Each time my brother ask the lady to get set for church she would get angry and tell him that she can't change her church. Today, as he came back home to see his family, surprisingly, the lady had gone to her church (Sabbath) with their daughter.

Though, from my findings, the church isn't his major problems but her church doctrines

He said that he would call the marriage over today. That he can't stand the doctrines practiced in his home.

cc Xisnin,
Interpet that paragraph I bolded, since your dumb head is claiming they never discussed anything about church, had any agreement in place in the first place..
The only question should be;
The agreement they had, which was oral, is it classed as a substantial evidence should in case they proceed to court?
I strongly doubt!
Stuffs like that wouldn't hold water in a law court..
But these is a situation that got to do about trust, respect & marriage which I can emphatically tell you the woman breached the contract they had on an issue as such, hence need to apologize for her action & stick to the rules they both decided to plan with for a harmonious marriage life..

And back to you & your likes ;

These folks wouldn't read an article/story, but will be claiming they even had solution to a discussed problem.
That's an attitude common among empty heads & foolish people!
& you fit the bill undecided
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Sotland: 7:15am On Nov 27, 2018
Family matter are a very sensitive one. They both agreed that they will change church when they get married and then she isn't willing to change. First it is not a promise keeper, she is not a honest person. My father use to say " A man is as good/honourable as his word".

Now the truth of the matter is that the wife is not a "virtuous wife". I wonder what then she learns in the sabbath church? Is she suppose to live her life based on what she learn from sabbath or what is in the bible?

Most marriages fail this days because many couple plan their wedding and not their marriage. they fail to realize it is called Marriage Life and not Wedding life.

There are many marriage break up because the couple fails to adhere to simple marriage laws/instructions. What are these marriage laws?

WIFE BE SUBMISSIVE TO YOUR HUSBAND.
HUSBAND LOVE YOUR WIIFE AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF.

If the wife is virtuous, nothing stops her from been submissive to her husband. Honestly, I wonder what people goes to the church to learn these days. We're guided by the want of our flesh instead of the eternal word of God. May God help us.

The woman is not a virtuous wife. A virtuous wife honours, respects her husband. She is like a crown of glory to her husband. Now will you say your brothers wife is a virtuous wife?

Hey guys

Permit me to introduce you to a group I found really interesting. A group that gets me more inspired as an entrepreneur. Join the selfBoss group where you get inspired to be self employed. seek a way to be financial independent, Walk with wisdom and get off the rat race. https://web./351575092084052/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Xisnin(m): 7:23am On Nov 27, 2018
Glycolysis:

cc Xisnin,
Interpet that paragraph I bolded, since your dumb head is claiming they never discussed anything about church, had any agreement in place in the first place..
The only question should be;
The agreement they had, which was oral, is it classed as a substantial evidence should in case they proceed to court?
I strongly doubt!
Stuffs like that wouldn't hold water in a law court..

And back to you & your likes ;

These folks wouldn't read an article/story, but will be claiming they even had solution to a discussed problem.
That's an attitude common among empty heads & foolish people!
& you fit the bill undecided

You still remain a fool who can't comprehend.
This story was made up for brainless folks like you.
Even the sister used "from what he told me", meaning that she doubts his claims.
Even if the claim were true(which it isn't), what stops them from choosing
a new church before marriage?
The husband is busy attending his own church but he doesn't want the wife to do same
hiding under his child to gain sympathy.

A real and sincere man would have chosen a new church before marriage and make sure they
both attend the church to show commitment. But this brother has an ulterior motive.
Well, I am not surprised, there are men like him who think they can blackmail their wife
when married. I am happy he met his match.

BTW, it is unfortunate that I have to spell it out for you, that says a lot about our educational
system.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Medunah: 7:30am On Nov 27, 2018
@stansaintly, your brother broke up with someone he loves cause of distance only to get married to another and relocate with her to another state?

Why didn't he just marry the one he loves and relocate?
Cause one would think the reason fur breaking up was because he couldn't leave the state he was in.
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by PBseller9224: 7:31am On Nov 27, 2018
Okay

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Xisnin(m): 7:31am On Nov 27, 2018
jireh250:

Have you ever studied for or done a Critical Reasoning exam before? You will know you are not supposed to bring in any assumptions not stated in the write up. Just stick to the facts of write up which includes that there was an agreement. Don't read in between the lines. Peace.

That there was an agreement is not a fact.
Let us assume it is, how is the husband keeping to such an agreement
when he still attends his old church?

He is obviously not interested in a new church but wants to blame his wife.

The problem with our country is that most people can not see beyond the obvious.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 27, 2018
Xisnin:

You still remain a fool who can't comprehend.
This story was made up for brainless folks like you.
Even the sister used "from what he told me", meaning that she doubts his claims.
Even if the claim were true(which it isn't), what stops them from choosing
a new church before marriage?
The husband is busy attending his own church but he doesn't want the wife to do same
hiding under his child to gain sympathy.

A real and sincere man would have chosen a new church before marriage and make sure they
both attend the church to show commitment
. But this brother has an ulterior motive.
Well, I am not surprised, there are men like him who think they can blackmail their wife
when married. I am happy he met his match.
[s]
BTW, it is unfortunate that I have to spell it out for you, that says a lot about our educational
system[/s].
What's these dummy head of a guy saying
Pls, at the first bolded, bring up the paragraph where you inferred that..
And stop been emotional like a kiddo which your comment reeks...

At the second bolded, are you guyz sure i'm not talking to a zombie
What was the agreement they had before the marriage in the first place due to their church differences?
Was is not to go to a total different church apart from the one they both attend to prevent creating a situation were one of them will feel cheated
They both stocked to the rule before the marriage & in the initial stage of their marriage, but of late, the woman decided to go back to her former church, thereby, breaching the agreement they had!
And you're blaming the man not for keeping to the rule where actually it was the wife that did not keep to the rule
You're just sounding dumb & emotional!
Just too too dumb!

Funny enough, you're the refection of our failed educational system!
I promise myself not to engage a fulltime zombie again, fortunately, I discovered youre one on time.....
It still beat my imaginations how you & your likes survive in these world without brain!
How do you do that
Just an answer, because you're not going to get a response from me again!
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by owillowill: 7:49am On Nov 27, 2018
Nawa o
What happened to the Scripture that says Wife submit yourself to your husband.
Your brother has made the first mistake from the beginning. If he had stood his ground from the beginning that the whole family will be attending his church, all these won't be happening.
When husband and wife are feed with different doctrines, I tell you that home can't stand (talking from experience)

Let your brother go to his wife's pastor and tell him 'I want my wife to be attending the same church with me, release her for me'
Let's see what happens afterwards

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 27, 2018
stansaintly:

Religious Foooools
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by Biingoo: 7:54am On Nov 27, 2018
victorian:

Na wa o

Since morning till past 5pm? sad

Is she alright upstairs? sad

No wonder the husband is thinking of breaking up. What's the use marrying a woman when she will not be available on Saturdays, and spend the whole day in the church?
When the husband start beating her now? She will quickly snap her face filled with blood with broken tooth and post online.

That's how one of my neighbors beat up his wife after warning her several times to stop weekly church service, Mondays and Wednesdays. Cause she leaves home in the mid afternoon while he's still at work then come back home at night from 9pm.
This. Man is already back from work around 5pm. That's how he will start preparing his food and food the children will eat, cos his wife left the kids with house help. The man has complained taya, she no dey listen. Very stubborn wife.
And he married her when she was very young working as house help in one lady's restaurant in the village. He was the one who freed her from job of househelp, paid her bride price, bring her to Lagos, feed her well. She don fat now look like yokozuna cheesy

She now talks back at the husband, that she can't leave her church or stop serving God, that the husband is the devil.

I look at both of them in amazement as they both table their grudges before my mum, when she was alive years back.

Chai! Some women can be so stubborn. The man beat her one day and threw her things out. She fought him back and threw her things in cheesy

Na wa o

Later, neighbours had to take her elsewhere for safety.

Women ehn? grin

"Shakes head. "

Op , your brother need to call family meeting and someone she respects to talk to her and advise her.

Shut up! Are you married??
Re: My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat by trapQ: 8:00am On Nov 27, 2018
Please where is it stated that a married woman must join her husband's church? Some of you just quote verses to suit your rhetoric.

So if a woman is married to an ogboni man then she should join him too right?
ogawisdom:

How old is the child? church is a sensitive matter and should be handled carefully. He should not worry too much about it the children will decide the church to go when they are off age.

married women are supposed to join their husbands church but some of them will not agree to it and u can't force them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some Childish Things Some Men Do / Doctor Couple Die As Fire Razes Home In Maiduguri (Photos) / Woman Burnt By Fire While Helping Her Blind Husband In Benue (Viewers Discretion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.