Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Matrimony Of Secrets - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Matrimony Of Secrets (70682 Views)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / Lethal Matrimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by Tonyspecial(m): 7:32am On Feb 09, 2019
good good
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by damselposh(f): 12:28pm On Feb 09, 2019
Tonyspecial:
good good

Thanks for reading
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by damselposh(f): 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2019
CHAPTER 30

Evelyn rushed into the living room to find Ken and her father already seated discussing what she had no idea about, she eyed and hissed at Ken as she walked past him to where her father was.

"Angela, wh...at are you doi..ng here"? Ken asked stammering.

"Oh yeah Dad, Ken's younger sister came to visit, Ken wasn't around so I brought her here to see you, I never had it in mind to see my dear husband here" Evelyn said sarcastically.

"When did you get home? Her father asked.

"Dad, I came all the way from Bayelsa state just to see my husband but no one is even noticing my presence" Angela said eyeing Ken.

"My boy, take Angela to my study, I want to discuss with my daughter" Mr Thomas said holding Evelyn's hand.

"They are going nowhere Dad, what did I ever do to deserve such wickedness from you, you got me married to Ken even knowing fully that he has a family, I asked you before and am asking you again, are you sure you are my father?" she started sobbing from afresh.

"That was why I wanted Ken to take Angela away, I want us to talk in private" he replied pleading with Evelyn.

"They go nowhere Dad" Evelyn flared snatching her hands from his grip. "Say everything here and now" she glared at him with a red eyes.

"I never knew that he was married, I found out recently, I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry" he said scratching his head.

"What are you saying now Dad? Were you not the person that blessed our marriage? Didn't you stand as my father in-law on that day?, why don't you tell her that you are Maxwell's father?" Angela smirked.

"Wait, wait, waiiit, he is Ken's father?, I have been married to my own brother and we have been practising incest?, Jesus Christ, Daddy why? You just destroyed my life, am sure that is why am barren, God is definitely angry with me" she cried as she slumped on the floor.

"Am sorry Evelyn, but am not your father" Mr Thomas said eyeing Angela, if it was possible he would have shot her right that minute.

"What are you saying now? If you are not my father then whose daughter am I? Who is my father?" she asked tiredly.

"Your father is here" Korede answered from the door way with Mr Humphrey, Georgia and 3 police men standing behind him.

"Doctor, what are you doing here?, how did you know my father's house" she asked sniffing.

"Evelyn, whatever doctor korede tells you is the truth" Georgia said letting out a sigh.

"Georgia, you too? Can someone please tell me what is going on here? My head is about blow off.

"I will explain everything to you my daughter" Mr Humphrey said walking towards Evelyn.

"And who are you?" Evelyn asked.

"Am your father and it all happened 24 years ago, when you were just 4 years old"

24 YEARS AGO

"Tom, I finally won the lottery ticket to America" Humphrey shouted as soon as he entered Thomas' house.

"Oh, am so happy for you best friend, when are you leaving?" Thomas asked.

"Next week, but the problem I have is who will take care of Evelyn for me" he sighed.

"I told you to get another wife 2 years after the death of Eunice but you refused, now the importance has surfaced" Thomas sneered.

"You know I can never love any other woman the way I love Eunice, getting married to another woman makes me feel that am cheating on her" he sighed shaking his head.

"You are not serious, now who will take care of Evelyn?" Thomas eyed him.

"That's why am here Tom, you are my best friend, no one can take care of Evelyn better than you, you are already like a father to her, I want to leave her with you, I promise to be sending money as soon as I get a good job" he pleaded.

"Don't even go there, you know the type of hardship am facing right now and that was why I sent my two sons away from home at a tender age, you adding Evelyn will worsen the condition" Thomas said shaking his head.

"I sold my properties, I will give you the money, just start with it, I promise to be sending money please" he pleaded the more.

"Okay phrey, you are my best friend after all" he let out a smile.

PRESENT DAY

"As soon as I got to America, I searched around for a job but could not see, I suffered for months, years until God finally blessed me, at the restaurant where I was working then, a man came to eat and forgot his wallet filled with money, I returned it back to him before he could drive off, that was where my elevation started, the man introduced me to exporting business and I kicked off from there, I started sending money to Thomas and told him to make sure you never lacked anything, when you were 24, he called and enormously explained that you were living a wayward life, you clubbed everyday, stay out late sometimes, he told me that he would advise you to get married, he later called to tell me that you refused to get married, I told him to tell you that he would give you a 100 million dollars if you agree to get married, some months later, he told me that you agreed to get married, I sent him plenty money for the wedding to be a success"

He stopped and swallowed hard then continued Immediately. "A year after your wedding, he said you were finding it hard to give birth, he said you were having series of miscarriages, I was pained, I told him to get a gynaecologist for you, after that you didn't still have a baby, so I decided to send korede, a good gynaecologist, my friend's wife personal gynaecologist, I begged him to come help you, I talked with doctor swavey, the senior doctor at the True vine hospital, he transferred Michael and korede replaced him so as to help you, but he found out that you have no womb and told me to come down to Nigeria, when I came back, I looked for Michael and interrogated him, he told us everything, how Mr Thomas intentionally planted his son in your life just because he wanted him to enjoy my wealth, and how they were feeding you with abortion pill because he didn't want you to have children for his son because children wasn't his aim with you, and how they also removed your womb so that you won't conceive at all, am So sorry for leaving you my daughter, am sorry" he completed as a tear rolled down his face.

"Wait, so I don't have a womb?, why didn't you tell me, doctor? Why is everyone hurting me? My father left me to America, my foster father planted his own son in my life to ruin me, and the doctor whom I thought was going to be my friend hid everything from me, do you also know about this, G? You are my best friend right? Did you also hide everything from me?" she sobbed weakly.

"Oh no Eve, I just found out myself" she replied trying to exonerate herself.

"Am so sorry Eve, I was only thirsty for wealth" Mr Thomas begged.

"Officers please take them away" Korede said feeling sorry for keeping things from Evelyn.

2 Likes

Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2019
Let them rot in jail
Thanks for the update
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by Treasure17(m): 3:59pm On Feb 09, 2019
Greediness kill you there Mr Thomas. They should be sentenced to death. Thanks for the update damsel.
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by Preshbeauty(f): 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2019
Oh my god, I pity Evelyn

Well done OP
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by Ann2012(f): 6:36pm On Feb 09, 2019
Thanks for the update

I pray God sees Eve through all the betrayal
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by damselposh(f): 6:57pm On Feb 09, 2019
LightQueen:
Let them rot in jail

Thanks for the update

Thanks Queen
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by damselposh(f): 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2019
Treasure17:
Greediness kill you there Mr Thomas. They should be sentenced to death. Thanks for the update damsel.

Thanks Trea baby wink
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by damselposh(f): 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2019
Preshbeauty:
Oh my god, I pity Evelyn

Well done OP

Thanks for reading
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by damselposh(f): 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update

I pray God sees Eve through all the betrayal

Thanks Ann
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by Ifylele(f): 9:27pm On Feb 09, 2019
Wao! This is the second time am reading interested thing on Nairaland litrature section. May GOD bless you in millions darling
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by damselposh(f): 9:43pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ifylele:
Wao! This is the second time am reading interested thing on Nairaland litrature section. May GOD bless you in millions darling

Thanks honey for reading
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by Jesubaby: 9:51pm On Feb 09, 2019
getting more interesting. Thanks for the update.
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by BIGGIE121(m): 10:34pm On Feb 09, 2019
This story is indeed a matrimony of secret,,evelyn pls dont take your foster father's betrayal to the heart...

Mesmerizing update as always

,keep it up poshangel you are mouthed
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by damselposh(f): 10:45pm On Feb 09, 2019
Jesubaby:
getting more interesting. Thanks for the update.

Thanks bae
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by damselposh(f): 10:47pm On Feb 09, 2019
BIGGIE121:
This story is indeed a matrimony of secret,,evelyn pls dont take your foster father's betrayal to the heart...

Mesmerizing update as always

,keep it up poshangel you are mouthed

Thanks boo boo
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by AmaUwana(f): 10:57pm On Feb 09, 2019
damselposh thanks for the update more ink to you
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by BIGGIE121(m): 11:19pm On Feb 09, 2019
damselposh:

Thanks boo boo

you are welcome babe
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by BIGGIE121(m): 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2019
damselposh:

Thanks boo boo

you are welcome babe
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by damselposh(f): 8:07am On Feb 10, 2019
AmaUwana:
damselposh
thanks for the update
more ink to you

Thanks babe
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by Tweetyyy: 9:39am On Feb 10, 2019
damselposh:

Thanks babe
please can you mention me on your next story/stories
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by damselposh(f): 9:59am On Feb 10, 2019
Tweetyyy:
please can you mention me on your next story/stories

I will baby
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by zyzxx(m): 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2019
Wow, why are some people not trustworthy, I fear human capacity to change anytime
So call best friends, because of money turn to demon...
Greediness took over him and his son

Thanks for this one ma'am
More greese to your elbow
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by damselposh(f): 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2019
zyzxx:
Wow, why are some people not trustworthy, I fear human capacity to change anytime
So call best friends, because of money turn to demon...
Greediness took over him and his son

Thanks for this one ma'am
More greese to your elbow

Thanks zyzxx

1 Like

Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by queenitee(f): 3:45pm On Feb 10, 2019
Adesina12:
I don't just follow literature but follow the selected excellent ones
I know Queen also does not follow shit write-up bng my NL.....
Well, I will be in Owerri next week and will be happy to meet this damselposh
This is the first write-up of yours I am reading on NL despite my year of existence on NL
You're good at what you do....keep it up damsel
Sweet popcorn for you dear
We follow only the great ones

1 Like

Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by queenitee(f): 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2019
Safe journey to hell Mr Thomas
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by Treasure17(m): 5:04pm On Feb 10, 2019
queenitee:
grin
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by damselposh(f): 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2019
queenitee:

Hehehehe grin grin
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by Joislim(f): 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2019
I stumbled upon this story today and I've read the updated ones.

The love of money turned a supposed best friend to a beast to the extent of removing a young lady's womb.

I wish his journey to hell is hastened.

ride on OP
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by damselposh(f): 9:48pm On Feb 10, 2019
Joislim:
I stumbled upon this story today and I've read the updated ones.

The love of money turned a supposed best friend to a beast to the extent of removing a young lady's womb.

I wish his journey to hell is hastened.

ride on OP

Thanks bae
Re: Matrimony Of Secrets by izaray(f): 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2019
Selfishness

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story / Roses And Thorns / Shadows.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.