Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents (17052 Views)

Someone Tell Me To Try And Pay Attention To My Husband / Pay Attention To Your Wife / Drug Abuse: When Last Did You Check Your Children’s Bags? – NAFDAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by osjoshua(m): 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2018
so true...
my family destroyed my talent...

while I was growing up, I just love music and composing songs, I carved a local guitar for myself and I played it well with strong passion.
I composed more than 20songs as a child, can't even remember them now...
..I joined a music children choir with the aim to learn more and in less than a year I became the lead singer of the choir...
A 9yr old boy singing alto, tenor and suprano without struggling..
but my parents and elder siblings kept beating me to face my books cos I do nothing but rehearse songs after school..
my parents broke my guitar, banned me from going to rehearsal after school and then enrolled me for after school lectures...

now I'm just here struggling as a biochemistry student with a 2.2gp... I'm so angry with my family whenever I imagine what I could have achieved as singer only if my family had supported me...
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Casemiro(m): 1:35am On Nov 30, 2018
Pascalville:
So true.... my main talent is to draw very well...and i have this passion for flying...to be a pilot.. but i saw my self in computer engineering.. university of Lagos.. guess what.. my set graduated 2017 after 5years since 2012.. that same 2017 due to my poor performance i left to Actuarial Science another bloodying hell.. and well due to i was hit before.. i am not slacking again.. now am currently struggling although am doing well in my grades.. but i promised my self that wen am out of university.. even if its masters i wanna do.. i will do what is in my mind.. not even my parents can force or decide for me what i will do.. i know parents always wants to decide for their children but sometimes your decision hurts your kids and they re too scared to talk to the parents about it cos the parents will make them lack in some things.. well thank God my momma understands now...in a way my new course is showing my abilities.. not that am a dullard but i am efficient and my brain is really good..but the true is..i will never fit in again with my mates.. i dissociate myself from them and i am badly depressed.. my overall best student in my former department(computer engineering)is a corper now in unilag and i see him evey morning on my way to class.. i cry everyday.. but the Lord makes me stronger.. i just hope my story will change some parents mind.. let ur children express them selves but guide them in the right path.. and one more thing.. my drawing skill is so good.. but till now my mom hates when i draw..and when i draw and people praise me.. i confront her.. and sorry to say.. she tells me she never hates me drawing.. but i can see my momma heart so well and i hate to make her sad

your story is similar to mine

choi cheesy

shocked
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 30, 2018
Casemiro:

shocked
wow really... i will like to hear about yours
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by gostartit(m): 7:55am On Nov 30, 2018
Looking for another exciting and useful toy to give your child that unique childhood experience.

Children love to play with musical instruments and would love to own one to learn how to play it. They just wanna be melodious and beautiful. This violin expresses more of this beautiful mind of theirs. When he or she owns it, she plays it and loves it. Call me now to order hers or his and let them not just play it but be more beautiful playing it.

Reach us on 07064412838

Nationwide delivery

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2018
Pataricatering:
He executed an idea and made it succesful - give honor where its due ! There are a million ideas in this world - execution is what separates a dream from reality !

Its true though... Its not easy to bring an idea to live... It takes a golden brain
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2020
sinaj:
What if you discover that your daughter dance very well on poles @ op

Pole dancers can make as much as N2 million in one night. No go think am oo

Plus additional things include connection to high top people, bankers, politicians, government workers..all those people

Yes pole dancers dress like prostitutes but they are not whores unless they agree to be.
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2020
Felixalex:
Me wey my talent Na to fvck nko?

Go do male ashawo na
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:36pm On Feb 10, 2020
sad what if your child's talent is to peep at women in the bathroom

Sniper shooter enroll him in army
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by lilyheaven: 9:52pm On Feb 10, 2020
edwardACTIVIST:
Very true.
One of the deputy governors in Nigeria was my classmate, he stole from almost everyone in my class. He later became a yahooboy, his father encouraged him to join politics, today he is doing very well. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hahaha grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Parents Learn Of Daughter’s Death On Facebook / One-year-old Survives Seven Days Alone With Dead Grandmother / Should Alimony Be Practiced In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.