Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Atheism Is Madness - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is Madness (5321 Views)

The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. / Atheism Is Extreme Evil! / Atheism Is A Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 16, 2018
budaatum:

People who walk with 'grace' do not go about condemning others. Jesus specifically taught against such arrogant attitudes in his lessons about the Pharisee and the tax collector, the rich man and poor woman tithing, and the Good Samaritan, to mention a few, but I guess they were lessons for the living, now, the birds and the bees so to speak, those more concerned with what they see before them in the here and now, and not for those who are more concerned about some afterlife in some eternity that they know nought of!

Just in case you really are not aware, Chidany (I notice you used a different mon, lol). Those three threads of your's I referenced are "holier than anyone" threads. Those in grace do not go about thanking their gods that they are "better than that tax collector over there" unless they wish to gnash on their teeth!
I am not chidany, but chidorx60 and I have only written one thread on religion, obviously I am not who you are referring to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Madness by budaatum: 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2018
Chidorx60:
I am not chidany, but chidorx60 and I have only written one thread on religion, obviously I am not who you are referring to.
Accept my apology for mixing the two of you up. My analysis was of chidany, and not of you, Chidorx60, as you've rightly pointed out.
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2018
budaatum:

Accept my apology for mixing the two of you up. My analysis was of chidany, and not of you, Chidorx60, as you've rightly pointed out.
apology accepted

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Is Madness by Chidany(m): 11:52am On Dec 17, 2018
IN MAN'S TOY WORLD, HE GETS BREEZE IN HIS ROOM BY SWITCHING ON THE FAN OR AC BUT A SUPERIOR BEING WITH INFINITE INTELLIGENCE AND CAPACITY HAS A BIGGER FAN AND AC THAT CAN BLOW DOWN A COUNTRY... BREEZE DON'T JUST HAPPEN IN YOUR ROOM WITH CLOSED WINDOWS AND DOORS, YOU SWITCH ON THE FAN OR AC TO MAKE IT HAPPEN...BREEZE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE DON'T JUST HAPPEN TOO...THE FREEZER IN YOUR KITCHEN DIDN'T JUST HAPPEN... THE COLD SEASON IN YOUR CITY DIDN'T JUST HAPPEN... WAKE UP MAN, ATHEISM IS STUPIDITY
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Chidany(m): 11:52am On Dec 17, 2018
Chidorx60:
apology accepted
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Chidany(m): 10:07am On Dec 20, 2018
Zoroaster:
Smh...some people just lack the ability to think critically and unfortunately nothing can be done about it

�EVERLASTING LIFE OR EVERLASTING PUNISHMENT: YOU CHOOSE�
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John
25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:25:36 Unclad, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or Unclad, and clothed thee?25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: Unclad, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or Unclad, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. Matthew
There is no place the Bible talks about everlasting death in the lake of fire...What you see is everlasting life, everlasting fire, and everlasting punishment... The sinners shall go into everlasting punishment in the lake of fire while the righteous shall end up in everlasting life in the kingdom of God... But who are the sinners and the righteous? These are the two groups or types of people that presently occupy the earth today.
Sinners are people who are yet to be born - again, people who do not believe in or obey our Lord Jesus Christ... If they die or Jesus comes again and meets them in that condition of unbelief and sin, he will be casting them into the everlasting fire to suffer everlasting punishment for their unbelief and sin... The righteous on the other hand are people who have made the choice to believe in and obey our Lord Jesus Christ all the days of their lives... They will enjoy eternal life in the kingdom of God on earth... The choice of your eternal destiny is therefore yours...
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Chidany(m): 10:08am On Dec 20, 2018
HappyPagan:

Cool opinion. Why do you think so?

What creations? Everything you see around you was designed by man - the device in your hand, the network through which you are able to communicate, the letters you see and type, the language you speak. What did God design? What is God's purpose?

Does God exist, because an airplane or bird does?

Did God come by mindless chance?

What's your argument for God's existence? You are just ranting.

�EVERLASTING LIFE OR EVERLASTING PUNISHMENT: YOU CHOOSE�
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John
25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:25:36 Unclad, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or Unclad, and clothed thee?25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: Unclad, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or Unclad, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. Matthew
There is no place the Bible talks about everlasting death in the lake of fire...What you see is everlasting life, everlasting fire, and everlasting punishment... The sinners shall go into everlasting punishment in the lake of fire while the righteous shall end up in everlasting life in the kingdom of God... But who are the sinners and the righteous? These are the two groups or types of people that presently occupy the earth today.
Sinners are people who are yet to be born - again, people who do not believe in or obey our Lord Jesus Christ... If they die or Jesus comes again and meets them in that condition of unbelief and sin, he will be casting them into the everlasting fire to suffer everlasting punishment for their unbelief and sin... The righteous on the other hand are people who have made the choice to believe in and obey our Lord Jesus Christ all the days of their lives... They will enjoy eternal life in the kingdom of God on earth... The choice of your eternal destiny is therefore yours...
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 20, 2018
Atheism means the act of discarding any form of obedience to rules set by someone other than oneself!
So there are billions of misinformed atheists claiming Christians today! How do i mean?
When someone claims to believe in One God but refuting the idea of a single source of divine instruction, then what such a person is saying INDIRECTLY is there are many Gods or there is NO God at all!
The emergence of countless religious groups all claiming Christians yet having conflicting doctrines and contradicting teachings is nothing but atheism.
An average atheist simply just don't want anything or anybody to dictate for him how he should live his life. So since there are countless religious groups allowing people to choose how they're going to live their lives whether it's negatively affecting others or not is tantamount to ATHEISM!

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Madness by Chidany(m): 7:02pm On Dec 20, 2018
TATIME:
Atheism means the act of discarding any form of obedience to rules set by someone other than oneself!
So there are billions of misinformed atheists claiming Christians today! How do i mean?
When someone claims to believe in One God but refuting the idea of a single source of divine instruction, then what such a person is saying INDIRECTLY is there are many Gods or there is NO God at all!
The emergence of countless religious groups all claiming Christians yet having conflicting doctrines and contradicting teachings is nothing but atheism.
An average atheist simply just don't want anything or anybody to dictate for him how he should live his life. So since there are countless religious groups allowing people to choose how they're going to live their lives whether it's negatively affecting others or not is tantamount to ATHEISM!

You created yourself? You breastfed yourself? You nursed yourself? Infact you are your own God? And if we have people impersonating you, that should mean you do not exist? Abi? You are the one supplying yourself the oxygen you are depending on now to continue to promote MADNESS
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
Chidany:

You created yourself? You breastfed yourself? You nursed yourself? Infact you are your own God? And if we have people impersonating you, that should mean you do not exist? Abi? You are the one supplying yourself the oxygen you are depending on now to continue to promote MADNESS
smiley smiley smiley WRONG!
I'm one of about 8 million zealous preachers and teachers of the good new of God's kingdom by this special grace of God. So you misunderstood me completely.
Next time Sir try to be "QUICK in listening but SLOW in response and SLOW to ANGER" James 1:19
God bless you!
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Chidany(m): 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2018
TATIME:
smiley smiley smiley WRONG!
I'm one of about 8 million zealous preachers and teachers of the good new of God's kingdom by this special grace of God. So you misunderstood me completely.
Next time Sir try to be "QUICK in listening but SLOW in response and SLOW to ANGER" James 1:19
God bless you!

THERE WAS NO GOOD NEWS IN WHAT YOU POSTED... IF I UNDERSTOOD ANYTHING FROM WHAT YOU POSTED, IT WAS A TEACHING ON ATHEISM...I SAW NO GOOD NEWS THERE...
Re: Atheism Is Madness by budaatum: 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2018
Tatime, when did you convert,? Lol!
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2018
budaatum:
Tatime, when did you convert,? Lol!
My misinformed churchgoer friend is just soliloquizing without getting the sense of my post. embarassed embarassed
You of all people budaatum should know that i'm a die hard Christian to the cure and nothing as in NOTHING can sway me from the faith i have in Christ Jesus! Romans 8:38,39wink wink
What i'm trying to help him realize is that there are much more atheists going to churches than those claiming atheists! undecided undecided
Because there is just one reason people to discard the idea of continuous obedience to one single source of guidance and that's ATHEISM! Even though they're claiming to be worshippers of God,their actions is saying there is no God! If there is One God, then all HIS worshippers throughout the globe must worship the same way!
That's why when it comes to true Christianity, false religious groups will hate us with passion! Matthew 10:22, John 17:14 wink wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 21, 2018
Chidany:

THERE WAS NO GOOD NEWS IN WHAT YOU POSTED... IF I UNDERSTOOD ANYTHING FROM WHAT YOU POSTED, IT WAS A TEACHING ON ATHEISM...I SAW NO GOOD NEWS THERE...
To be Christlike,
*You need to be liberal with your presentation and approach. 1Corinthians 9:29-23
*You must be mild tempered towards those WITHOUT faith,since your duty is to help them plant,cultivate and water their faith to maturity. 1Peter 3:15
*You must speak consolingly to everyone, knowing that there are so many circumstances that can make them faithless. Act 26:24-28
*You must become empathetic in order to save them,otherwise you'll only scare them away from the GOOD NEWS you claim to bear. Romans 10:13-15
*Even if someone says thoughtless things regarding Jesus,your own is to keep praying for them because according to Jesus Himself "THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING". Luke 23:34 compared to Act 7:60
That's why you need to first learn the SKILLS from Jesus before going out to say "i'm a Christian defending the faith in Christ" otherwise you'll become a stumbling block to those you supposed to help,you can even find yourself KILLING them in the name of Faith. That's what the Orthodox churches were doing in times past which made billions to question the existence of the God of LOVE they are representing or permit me to say MISREPRESENTING embarassed embarassed embarassed
God bless you!
Re: Atheism Is Madness by budaatum: 10:59pm On Dec 21, 2018
TATIME:
My misinformed churchgoer friend is just soliloquizing without getting the sense of my post. embarassed embarassed
You of all people budaatum should know that i'm a die hard Christian to the cure and nothing as in NOTHING can sway me from the faith i have in Christ Jesus! Romans 8:38,39wink wink
What i'm trying to help him realize is that there are much more atheists going to churches than those claiming atheists! undecided undecided
Because there is just one reason people to discard the idea of continuous obedience to one single source of guidance and that's ATHEISM! Even though they're claiming to be worshippers of God,their actions is saying there is no God! If there is One God, then all HIS worshippers throughout the globe must worship the same way!
That's why when it comes to true Christianity, false religious groups will hate us with passion! Matthew 10:22, John 17:14 wink wink
Of course I know you are a die hard Christian to the core. That's why it's amusing that you are being called an atheist by a so called Christian.
Atheism, however, does not mean "the act of discarding any form of obedience to rules set by someone other than oneself", though. You know me to be an atheist, but I do not think you would claim I do not obey some rules. Or would you claim buda is not a little bit mild tempered, at least?

I'll come back on some of your later posts when I get home. Meanwhile, please put some Christ into that mistaken Chidany please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2018
budaatum:

Of course I know you are a die hard Christian to the core. That's why it's amusing that you are being called an atheist by a so called Christian.
Atheism, however, does not mean "the act of discarding any form of obedience to rules set by someone other than oneself", though. You know me to be an atheist, but I do not think you would claim I do not obey some rules. Or would you claim buda is not a little bit mild tempered, at least?

I'll come back on some of your later posts when I get home. Meanwhile, please put some Christ into that mistaken Chidany please.

Who is buda again ooooo? I only use to see posts from a Nairalander with the user name budaatum.
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 21, 2018
Atheism directs most of its arguments toward Christianity and the Bible. Why? That's because Christianity is the best (in fact, ONLY) way through which man can get to know God personally. So the enemy and his cohorts are on the rise, seeking to distort the truth of God's word with worldly philosophies to deceive the willing. Be careful, believers and those who seek to accomplish God's will.
Re: Atheism Is Madness by budaatum: 2:50am On Dec 22, 2018
TATIME:
Who is buda again ooooo? I only use to see posts from a Nairalander with the user name budaatum.
I'm not exactly going to refer to myself by my full name!
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 22, 2018
budaatum:

I'm not exactly going to refer to myself by my full name!
Hmmmmmmmmm you see,when i define ATHEISM for you you disagreed, but now you're going back to my definition! Which is "zero compliance to continuous instructions from others". If you're budaatum and you're claiming you do be obedient to some rules,please
*is such rule binding on others?
*can you present a written document so that others can read through to agree with the rules?
*should each person be guided individually by his/her own (buda rules)?
ATHEISM started in the garden of Eden when Satan taught Eve she could live independently and that's what all humans are trying to do till today! That's the reason for countless gods that aren't able to unite them since each person is the architect of his/her own god. So the gods can't instruct them thus each person decides what is "good or bad" Genesis 2:17, 3:4,5
Most churchgoers are ATHEISTS because they think each person can choose the source of guidance that's pleasing to him/her.
True faith is about ONE single source of guidance for all worshippers globally! John 17:11,1Corinthians 1:10, 2Corinthians 13:1,Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2
Now after reading and meditating on those quoted scriptures,do you think people warring and killing one another due to ethnic,racial or political differences are Christians?
NO! Is the answer budaatum. They're misinformed atheists thinking they're worshiping the same God "JESUS" 2Corinthians 4:4 compared to Matthew 7:21-23
Thanks!
Re: Atheism Is Madness by budaatum: 1:07pm On Dec 22, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmm you see,when i define ATHEISM for you you disagreed, but now you're going back to my definition! Which is "zero compliance to continuous instructions from others".
So, let's start with your definition of atheist, shall we?

TATIME:
Are you suggesting I get to decide all by myself whether I insult you or not, whether I steal from others or murder them, or be a gay or not and so on? Then, yes. I do set my own rules, just as billions of many others do. I can insult you if I want, murder you and steal from you if I want and be gay or not, if I want, and trust me, no heaven or hell will fall on my head! Except there's one little problem. Some of those things listed above are just not acceptable in decent society, and those societies have laws written down listing the consequences of doing those things which if I disregard or treat with "zero compliance" will reward me with consequences that I might not like.

If I murder or steal, society will throw me in jail, and if I insult you, you will most likely insult me right back. I don't think I'd like you to insult me please, but we are not insulting one another because we are "obedient to some rule", least, I'm not. I am not insulting you because I currently have no reason to insult you, period.

TATIME:
If you're budaatum and you're claiming you do be obedient to some rules,please
*is such rule binding on others?
*can you present a written document so that others can read through to agree with the rules?
*should each person be guided individually by his/her own (buda rules)?
First, the phrase "obedient to some rules" is religion speak which does not quite express my atheistic position.

I, buda, am not "obedient to some rules" as such. I have a brain in my head and a mind that helps me weigh up the consequences of my actions and which determines my behaviour. I do not kill people because I have no desire or reason to kill people, and I don't insult people unless there is a need for me to insult them.

Now, to your questions above. No, my rules are not binding on others. The fact that I do not kill or insult people does not mean others will not kill or insult people. Go to any prison and you'd find lots of people who care not for no kill rules.

For some, so called rules, I guess I can "present a written document so that others can read through". 'Thou shalt not commit murder' is statutory law in most countries, as is 'not steal'. I'll struggle finding a written document against insulting however, but would suggest it's an unwritten etiquette at the very least. Getting others to "agree with the rules" might be tricky though. People are going to chose if they kill, steal or insult all by themselves. The best I can do is educate, or preach, as religious people do, and punish when laws are broken.

Each person is already "guided individually by his/her own buda like rule, and even the so called rule upholders break rules. We hope people learn from the society around them and the laws and education and religion we give them but its ultimately down to them whether they obey or not.

TATIME:
Most churchgoers are ATHEISTS because they think each person can choose the source of guidance that's pleasing to him/her.
This is an example of a 'rule' (of definition, in this case) that you will not find agreement for!

The pastor who rapes children is not an atheist TATIME nor is the Imam who shouts allah akbar before blowing up people an atheist!

TATIME:
True faith is about ONE single source of guidance for all worshippers globally! !
For all worshippers, maybe, but not in the real world where one person follows Paul and another follow Apollos, and that's just amongst Corinthians. In the real global world where there's been thousands of sources we all just don't get our guidance from one source!

TATIME:
Now after reading and meditating on those quoted scriptures,do you think people warring and killing one another due to ethnic,racial or political differences are Christians?
NO! Is the answer budaatum. They're misinformed atheists thinking they're worshiping the same God "JESUS" 2Corinthians 4:4 compared to Matthew 7:21-23
Thanks!
That's like saying those Israelites who were freed out of Egypt who went on to storm the walls of Jericho and murder and pillage it's people were not Israelites. Or that when Bush said God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, he stopped being a Christian! Or that when Jehovah Witnesses and Protestants and Catholics engage in war in thread after thread on Nairaland, that they are not all Christians!

It's ok to insist that a word means whatever one wishes it to mean, Tatime, but that would be like speaking in tongues with no one to decipher what you're saying. Another word for it is humpty-dumptyism, the discarding of accepted definitions (rules) and obedience to those set by only oneself. If buda did that, buda will become budatalkingtoherself since no one would have a clue what the heck she's written!

Falling as a Christian does not make you an atheist, Tatime. To be one of us, the gods are figments of the imagination.
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2018
budaatum:

So, let's start with your definition of atheist, shall we?

Are you suggesting I get to decide all by myself whether I insult you or not, whether I steal from others or murder them, or be a gay or not and so on? Then, yes. I do set my own rules, just as billions of many others do. I can insult you if I want, murder you and steal from you if I want and be gay or not, if I want, and trust me, no heaven or hell will fall on my head! Except there's one little problem. Some of those things listed above are just not acceptable in decent society, and those societies have laws written down listing the consequences of doing those things which if I disregard or treat with "zero compliance" will reward me with consequences that I might not like.

If I murder or steal, society will throw me in jail, and if I insult you, you will most likely insult me right back. I don't think I'd like you to insult me please, but we are not insulting one another because we are "obedient to some rule", least, I'm not. I am not insulting you because I currently have no reason to insult you, period.

First, the phrase "obedient to some rules" is religion speak which does not quite express my atheistic position.

I, buda, am not "obedient to some rules" as such. I have a brain in my head and a mind that helps me weigh up the consequences of my actions and which determines my behaviour. I do not kill people because I have no desire or reason to kill people, and I don't insult people unless there is a need for me to insult them.

Now, to your questions above. No, my rules are not binding on others. The fact that I do not kill or insult people does not mean others will not kill or insult people. Go to any prison and you'd find lots of people who care not for no kill rules.

For some, so called rules, I guess I can "present a written document so that others can read through". 'Thou shalt not commit murder' is statutory law in most countries, as is 'not steal'. I'll struggle finding a written document against insulting however, but would suggest it's an unwritten etiquette at the very least. Getting others to "agree with the rules" might be tricky though. People are going to chose if they kill, steal or insult all by themselves. The best I can do is educate, or preach, as religious people do, and punish when laws are broken.

Each person is already "guided individually by his/her own (buda rules)", and even the so called rule upholders break rules. We hope people learn from the society around them and the laws and education and religion we give them but its ultimately down to them whether they obey or not.

This is an example of a 'rule' (of definition, in this case) that you will not find agreement for!

The pastor who rapes children is not an atheist TATIME nor is the Imam who shouts allah akbar before blowing up people an atheist!

For all worshippers, maybe, but not in the real world where one person follows Paul and another follow Apollos, and that's just amongst Corinthians. In the real global world where there's been thousands of sources we all just don't get our guidance from one source!

That's like saying those Israelites who were freed out of Egypt who went on to storm the walls of Jericho and murder and pillage it's people were not Israelites. Or that when Bush said God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, he stopped being a Christian! Or that when Jehovah Witnesses and Protestants and Catholics engage in war in thread after thread on Nairaland, that they are not all Christians!

It's ok to insist that a word means whatever one wishes it to mean, Tatime, but that would be like speaking in tongues with no one to decipher what you're saying. Another word for it is humpty-dumptyism, the discarding of accepted definitions (rules) and obedience to those set by only oneself. If buda did that, buda will become budatalkingtoherself since no one would have a clue what the heck she's written!

Falling as a Christian does not make you an atheist, Tatime. To be one of us, the gods are figments of the imagination.
Haaaaaaaaaaaa all these for me Budaatum i'm sorry if i've offended you oooo.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Is Madness by budaatum: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2018
TATIME:
Haaaaaaaaaaaa all these for me Budaatum i'm sorry if i've offended you oooo.
No! You have not in anyway whatsoever offended me! You in fact deserved my time because you brought your brain to the table and I can only hope I have shown you equal respect and regard.

You, Tatime, are most highly appreciated, and I'm talking, tears in eyes appreciated, emotional buda that I am.
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2018
# budaatum, The rules or constitution set by the society is FORCING people to adhere to some forms of standard. But we're not talking about forceful rules but what you WILLINGLY submit to as principles that's really beneficial for all. ATHEISM gives NO room for such,that's why billions of atheists after choosing out of the countless presented religious groups the one that is PLEASING to them,claims they're doing so for God! While those who can't find the one that's pleasing starts another one and begin looking for those with the same mindset to join! The ONE and ONLY true God presents HIS own standard, and all those who complies HE commands HIS angels to pen down their names for remembrance, when HE is ready to cleanse the earth, they'll be rewarded for their compliance. Malachi 3:16 compared to Revelations 20:15
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2018
budaatum:

No! You have not in anyway whatsoever offended me! You in fact deserved my time because you brought your brain to the table and I can only hope I have shown you equal respect and regard.

You, Tatime, are most highly appreciated, and I'm talking, tears in eyes appreciated, emotional buda that I am.
Hmmmmmmmmm tears are running down my cheek too,this is exactly what happens when you come across a REAL Christian and listen attentively while he/she is defending the faith! Act 26:28
There is a big difference between willingly subjecting oneself to principles that's considered PERFECT and man-made rules that are to be enforced by law enforcement agents. JEHOVAH is not pleased when you're obeying HIS rules out of fear,HE cherishes only those who adhere to his proposal out of LOVE! Isaiah 1:18 compared to 2Corinthians 9:7

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2018
#budaatum: We're Jehovah's Witnesses, our source of guidance is ONE,that's why we're just like one happy global family. All other religious groups hate us with passion because we're shining as illuminators of the light while they're helplessly agitating because they don't want to agree with ONE single source of divine guidance! Matthew 10:22, John 17:14
Re: Atheism Is Madness by budaatum: 7:03pm On Dec 22, 2018
TATIME:
# budaatum, The rules or constitution set by the society is FORCING people to adhere to some forms of standard. But we're not talking about forceful rules but what you WILLINGLY submit to as principles that's really beneficial for all. ATHEISM gives NO room for such,that's why billions of atheists after choosing out of the countless presented religious groups the one that is PLEASING to them,claims they're doing so for God! While those who can't find the one that's pleasing starts another one and begin looking for those with the same mindset to join! The ONE and ONLY true God presents HIS own standard, and all those who complies HE commands HIS angels to pen down their names for remembrance, when HE is ready to cleanse the earth, they'll be rewarded for their compliance. Malachi 3:16 compared to Revelations 20:15
I guess some just aren't bothered about the so-called "reward for compliance". But does not everyone "who can't find the one that's pleasing start another one and begin looking for those with the same mindset to join"? If that weren't the case would everyone not still just accept one of the more early religions like Mithraism or Zeus worship or Judaism or Buddhism? Yet here we are with new ones like Catholicism, Protestantism, Islamism, and Jehova Witnessing, all less than 2000 years old.

No one forces anyone to adhere to rules or constitution or forms of standard set by society. If I want to kill someone, I just, of my own freewill, go out and kill someone. Society might frown on my so doing however. And I'm sure, given the opportunity, the person I kill will frown just as much as I would if I were the one killed and could frown after dying.
Re: Atheism Is Madness by budaatum: 7:15pm On Dec 22, 2018
TATIME:
#budaatum: We're Jehovah's Witnesses, our source of guidance is ONE,that's why we're just like one happy global family. All other religious groups hate us with passion because we're shining as illuminators of the light while they're helplessly agitating because they don't want to agree with ONE single source of divine guidance! Matthew 10:22, John 17:14
Every single religion claims other religious groups hate them with passion because they are illuminators shining the light while everyone else is helplessly agitating because they don't want to agree with one's own divine guidance from one's own single source. Makes one wonder if religion encourages the persecution complex.

Perhaps everyone should learn to live and let live rather than go about with a "we are the happy chosen few, everyone else is damned" complex. After all, if you and I thought the other were damned, we'd hardly be bringing each other to tears now, would we?
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2018
budaatum:

I guess some just aren't bothered about the so-called "reward for compliance". But does not everyone "who can't find the one that's pleasing start another one and begin looking for those with the same mindset to join"? If that weren't the case would everyone not still just accept one of the more early religions like Mithraism or Zeus worship or Judaism or Buddhism? Yet here we are with new ones like Catholicism, Protestantism, Islamism, and Jehova Witnessing, all less than 2000 years old.

No one forces anyone to adhere to rules or constitution or forms of standard set by society. If I want to kill someone, I just, of my own freewill, go out and kill someone. Society might frown on my so doing however. And I'm sure, given the opportunity, the person I kill will frown just as much as I would if I were the one killed and could frown after dying.
That's why i said you need to meditate thoroughly on every information you receive before you can fully understand the brain behind ATHEISM.
For instance, Adam and Eve were the first human couple to live on planet earth but an average atheist will prefer any other form of information because he/she doesn't want to comply with anything called divine instruction!
All those religious groups you listed above are fabricated to directly or indirectly refute whatever the Bible has to say with the exception of Jehovah's Witnesses. That's why if you sit any of them down to question them on how authentic is the story of Adam and Eve (the beginning) you'll find out that they are misrepresenting what they claim they're out to defend!
The group name Jehovah's Witnesses came to be during the days of Isaiah, when JEHOVAH inspired him to write "YOU are my Witnesses" Isaiah 43:10 but the group started from the second son of Adam Abel! Hebrew 11:4 So God's word concludes that all these faithful individuals are Jehovah's Witnesses. Hebrew 12:1
So the idea of the oldest form of worship can't be settled just by mere words but by thorough explanations stating names,times,dates,venues and biographical history of the writers of any book called sacred! That's exactly what the Bible is all about.
Re: Atheism Is Madness by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 22, 2018
budaatum:

Every single religion claims other religious groups hate them with passion because they are illuminators shining the light while everyone else is helplessly agitating because they don't want to agree with one's own divine guidance from one's own single source. Makes one wonder if religion encourages the persecution complex.

Perhaps everyone should learn to live and let live rather than go about with a "we are the happy chosen few, everyone else is damned" complex. After all, if you and I thought the other were damned, we'd hardly be bringing each other to tears now, would we?
Hmmmmmmmmm well let's iron that out with our intellect! You're an atheist, your preferred God is Buddha(Oriental), some of your folks preferred Zeus(Greece) e.t.c Yet you aren't criticising one another to the point of public assault or instigating the authorities against one specific group. Moreover all other groups though may not truthfully be in agreement with one another but NONE is saying "we're the one and only source of divine guidance"
Jehovah's Witnesses have been experiencing such criticism from day one! For instance
*Cain murdered Abel because Abel's worship was preferred.
*All the nations around the Mediterranean hated Israelites because they claim to be the only nation worshipping the TRUE God. Israelites won't marry their children nor give them their daughter.During their festivities Israelites won't send delegates.
*While all others fights due to lands,resources and politics, they usually form alliance against Jehovah's Witnesses because they're standing out.
*None of them is interested in pure worship, they only believe in interfaith but Jehovah's Witnesses won't worship with those not worshiping JEHOVAH!
Re: Atheism Is Madness by budaatum: 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2018
TATIME:

That's why i said you need to meditate thoroughly on every information you receive before you can fully understand the brain behind ATHEISM.
For instance, Adam and Eve were the first human couple to live on planet earth but an average atheist will prefer any other form of information because he/she doesn't want to comply with anything called divine instruction!
Tatime, are you asking me to discard every single bit of evidence available and accept as true what is written in one single book?

Sorry, but no can do. And there isn't any amount of meditating that could make me. If I did, and if there just does happen to be a God, I think that God will instantly turn me to dust for being silly.

Let me ask you some personal questions. Have you completed secondary school? What secondary school did you attend? Did you learn any history and science in school? Do you think your teachers were lying to you? (Insults are unintended and you need not respond if you wish not to.)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Madness by budaatum: 9:39pm On Dec 22, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmm well let's iron that out with our intellect! You're an atheist, your preferred God is Buddha(Oriental), some of your folks preferred Zeus(Greece) e.t.c Yet you aren't criticising one another to the point of public assault or instigating the authorities against one specific group. Moreover all other groups though may not truthfully be in agreement with one another but NONE is saying "we're the one and only source of divine guidance"
Jehovah's Witnesses have been experiencing such criticism from day one! For instance
*All the nations around the Mediterranean hated Israelites because they claim to be the only nation worshipping the TRUE God. Israelites won't marry their children nor give them their daughter.During their festivities Israelites won't send delegates.
*While all others fights due to lands,resources and politics, they usually form alliance against Jehovah's Witnesses because they're standing out.
*None of them is interested in pure worship, they only believe in interfaith but Jehovah's Witnesses won't worship with those not worshiping JEHOVAH!
How is it possible that the "preferred God" of an atheist is Buddha? Did you completely disregard where I informed you that atheists have no gods? How can our gods then be Zeus, or Buddha who was a human being just like you and me. You are simply showing the limits of your knowledge here Tatime!

Nations around the Mediterranean hated Israelites because they came along and told the inhabitants around the Mediterranean that their god Yahweh told them, the Israelites, the land the Mediterraneans was on belonged to the Israelites and the killed those people and took it! I am sure you'd hate me too if I came to your home town and told your people my god said your land was mine and I killed your people and took it too! Or would you not? I doubt you would want to marry me after I killed and stole from you.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Madness by MuttleyLaff: 9:46pm On Dec 22, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmm well let's iron that out with our intellect!
You're an atheist, your preferred God is Buddha (Oriental), some of your folks preferred Zeus (Greece) e.t.c
Yet you aren't criticising one another to the point of public assault or instigating the authorities against one specific group.
Moreover all other groups though may not truthfully be in agreement with one another but NONE is saying "we're the one and only source of divine guidance"
*All the nations around the Mediterranean hated Israelites because they claim to be the only nation worshipping the TRUE God. Israelites won't marry their children nor give them their daughter.
During their festivities Israelites won't send delegates.

MuttleyLaff:
The real mumu is you and those other two, that liked your ignorant comment

That is a picture of the statue of Siddhartha Gautama, known as The Buddha,
who happened to be a spiritual teacher in the northern region of India.

The three of you are the only ones who dont know that Buddhists are atheists.
They don't believe in God and gods, don't worship a God or god.
This isnt calling you a mumu TATIME
but it's reproduced here just as a FYI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A More reasonable Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity / The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers / Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.