Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! (46274 Views)

Pic: Little Girl Who Was Badly Burnt During Boko Haram Attack To Get Plastic Sur / How I Was Badly Treated After A Near Death Experience In An Ex-ministers Hotel / I'm Not Corrupt, I Pleaded Guilty To Save Nigeria's Image – Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by edygirl(f): 12:08am On Apr 14, 2007
Instead of you guys fighting over nonesense or pointing fingers at one tribe, it's better for you to figure out how to stop this mess.  Here in America nobody cares if it is Igbo or not, all they know, is that it is Nigerians.

Here is another Igbo man arrested in Chicago on tuesday the 10th for having 13,725 pairs of  Fake Nike shoes he was selling to people. His name is Chukwuemeka Ebelechukwu

Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by 4Play(m): 12:08am On Apr 14, 2007
IBDat:

Don't confuse am it's not a tribal bashing here it's just statements of cold hard facts - you say u know that all the yahoo boys no be Igbos, if so of all the ones you know which tribe they do am on a higher level - IGBOs! We're just saying that the buck should start there, mak them tone am down and pull down them trousers!

Na true you talk !Igbo people!Pull down your trousers  as IBDat says

We have empirical research to back up our claims that Igbos are doing most of the 419
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by debosky(m): 12:09am On Apr 14, 2007
yeah, pull down your trousers and be anally raped by 1BDat as punishment for ruining naija's image.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 12:12am On Apr 14, 2007
Truth needs to be told, I work for the law enforcement here and you will be amazed at how many ibo boys goes thru the systems for Capital and identity theft fraud. I eve have a colleague that says " Nigerians don't steal cars, or material things, they only steal your whole life savings and buy the material things". I noticed that most yorubas and edo boys that get in trouble are usually for domestic violence or green card fraud. There was an ibo boy intercepting checks of big companies like ENRON, MCI, SPRINT etc. Can you imagine?? He's in jail now doing 25 years!!! I don't want to offend the ibgo tribe, but you guys know the the truths. It makes me sick !!!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by adeboo(f): 12:12am On Apr 14, 2007
edygirl:

Instead of you guys fighting over nonesense or pointing fingers at one tribe, it's better for you to figure out how to stop this mess.  Here in America nobody cares if it is Igbo or not, all they know, is that it is Nigerians.

Here is another Igbo man arrested in Chicago on tuesday the 10th for having 13,725 pairs of Nike shoes he was selling to people. His name is Chukwuemeka Ebelechukwu

True talk.

We are all guilty by birth, inheritance or association cause we are Nijas.
People dont care where u from in nija all they care about is that we are nijas.

But this internet fraud baffles me, i say the people that get defrauded deserve it cause they are greedy - how can you be the benefactor of so much money that you didnt even work for.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by bluesky4(f): 12:13am On Apr 14, 2007
Why is it that naija's are scamming in the first place? Especially in USA?
Although it happens, its very rare of these things happening in the Uk.
Im assuming that they are illegal immigrants, dont they realise that their putting a bad name for Nigerians.
We already know that people associate with nigerians as crooks, but soon we'll be treated as 2nd class and not be trusted by ne1.

Its a shame really, as we should be moving forward!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by anabell(f): 12:14am On Apr 14, 2007
even if d guy no be igbo una go say na igbo, haters don come again.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by ikamefa(f): 12:14am On Apr 14, 2007
4 Play:

Na true you talk !Igbo people!Pull down your trousers  as IBDat says

We have empirical research to back up our claims that Igbos are doing most of the 419

debosky:

yeah, pull down your trousers and be anally raped by 1BDat as punishment for ruining naija's image.

2 crazy peeps  grin
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 12:16am On Apr 14, 2007
I even heard that if you accuse a Nigerian for violence crimes in New york, NYPD wil not easily believe you. Accuse a Nigerian of Credit fraud and they will take a statement!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by ikamefa(f): 12:18am On Apr 14, 2007
blue-sky:

Why is it that naija's are scamming in the first place? Especially in USA?
Although it happens, its very rare of these things happening in the Uk.
I'm assuming that they are illegal immigrants, don't they realise that their putting a bad name for Nigerians.
We already know that people associate with nigerians as crooks, but soon we'll be treated as 2nd class and not be trusted by ne1.

Its a shame really, as we should be moving forward!

assumption wrong! even naturalised Nigerians do it here!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 12:19am On Apr 14, 2007
@Blue-sky
Credit systems in the USA is very diverse and trusting. UK systems is not that trusting. American capital market always forget about capital securities and lay emphasies of profit and in the process they get burned by savy con men.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by edygirl(f): 12:20am On Apr 14, 2007
I really don't have any pity for those that are scammed on the internet for being so greedy and gullible but then I am not condoning these nigerians act. These are really smart people but who have chosen to use their intelligence wrongly so, the question still remains, do we blame them or the Government who cannot provide Jobs to them afterall most of them are graduates.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Busta(f): 12:21am On Apr 14, 2007
Men, I saw the show and couldn't close ma mouth until the end of the show.

but like wat oprah said. . they are "muguns"
- the lady that got duped of $50,000 from lagos nigeria
- the stupid one that got proposed to online by some white guy volunteering in Nigeria.

how stupid can they be? like really?
some of these pple that got scammed too where desperate and greedy!

but still, Nigeria. . we need help oh!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by anabell(f): 12:21am On Apr 14, 2007
my poor beloved nigeria were do we go from here. with all dis hates and dis bad names
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 12:22am On Apr 14, 2007
@Anabell
Nobody hates Igbos, there is nothing to hate about them !! The fact is that they are messing up our image. True every tribe has crooks but Igbo guys are unbecoming !!! You guys need a family meeting and talk things over.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by ikamefa(f): 12:24am On Apr 14, 2007
Busta:

Men, I saw the show and couldn't close ma mouth until the end of the show.

but like what oprah said. . they are "muguns"
- the lady that got duped of $50,000 from lagos nigeria
- the stupid one that got proposed to online by some white guy volunteering in Nigeria.

how stupid can they be? like really?
some of these people that got scammed too where desperate and greedy!

but still, Nigeria. . we need help oh!

sista gurl i felt like crying when i watched it! yes they were desperate and greedy and yes we really need help!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by edygirl(f): 12:25am On Apr 14, 2007
@sweet T or whatever your name is.
Why don't you go conduct a family meeting for them?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 12:26am On Apr 14, 2007
@Busta
Did you see the one on CNN last month? This guy had $500,000 cold cash in his house!! Money from credit card fraud and investment fraud. Anothey guy was intercepting checks from big corporations and he was caught on tape !!! If you see how many Nigerians are in prisons for Frauds you will be amazed !!! I think our culture and beliefs are too corrupt !!!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Busta(f): 12:26am On Apr 14, 2007
Sweet T:

@Anabell
Nobody hates Igbos, there is nothing to hate about them !! The fact is that they are messing up our image. True every tribe has crooks but Igbo guys are unbecoming !!! You guys need a family meeting and talk things over.

lmao.
they not only target the "america Muguns", they also target their fellow nigerians.
did anyone see the size of the nigerian scammer's house in lagos? well equiped with swimming pool and tennis court?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by bluesky4(f): 12:27am On Apr 14, 2007
Sweet T:

@Blue-sky
Credit systems in the USA is very diverse and trusting. UK systems is not that trusting. American capital market always forget about capital securities and lay emphasies of profit and in the process they get burned by savy con men.

I dont understand
Theyre trusting but get burned by con men?

Yes the people being conned are stupid. I get junk mail all the time, say ive won this and that, yet i dont reply.
Whats alarming is that its our naija guys who are duping these people.
How can we stop this?
Should the likes of USA be stricter on theyre immigration rules? or would that be unfair to the innocent nigerians who come to make a better life?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Busta(f): 12:27am On Apr 14, 2007
@sweet T,
I saw it oh and it sent shivers through me. . they've a lot of them in the chicago, houston and minnesota region.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by ikamefa(f): 12:28am On Apr 14, 2007
Busta:

lmao.
they not only target the "america Muguns", they also target their fellow nigerians.
did anyone see the size of the nigerian scammer's house in lagos? well equiped with swimming pool and tennis court?

yes oh!  when common man like me strolls into lagos, them go begin ask me wey yah own house? cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 12:29am On Apr 14, 2007
@edgygirl
there is no need to get edgy, Let's be open minded and stop the cover-ups and unecceasry self defence !
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Busta(f): 12:30am On Apr 14, 2007
am with sweet T on this,
Igbo guys too like money!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by anabell(f): 12:30am On Apr 14, 2007
what family meetin,@sweet t y dont u conduct a family meetin with baba
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 12:31am On Apr 14, 2007
@blue-sky
These guys are not stupid, that is how their culture is shaped up. They don't expect you to come from Africa to outsmart them fraudulently !
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by edygirl(f): 12:31am On Apr 14, 2007
I can care less about you saying self defence because no one has even started to defend herself . Anyways next time write my name well. grin
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 12:32am On Apr 14, 2007
@Annabell
which Baba? If you mean Obasanjo, he is a bastard but i give him credit for the toothless EFCC !
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by OmoEko1(f): 12:34am On Apr 14, 2007
anabell:

even if d guy no be igbo una go say na igbo, haters don come again.
I don't hate igbos nor do i have nothing aganist them cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 12:35am On Apr 14, 2007
@Omo-Eko
Your b/f must be an ibo boy, them yahoo boys, huh?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by IBDat(m): 12:35am On Apr 14, 2007
Example:
Dear Sir:

I have been requested by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for oil exploration in the sub-Sahara region. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling US$40,000,000. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company is desirous of oil exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the Nigerian Government, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-Nigerian citizen to assist the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, and also the Central Bank of Nigeria, in moving these funds out of Nigeria. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your United States account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. In exchange for your accommodating services, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or US$4 million of this amount.
However, to be a legitimate transferee of these moneys according to Nigerian law, you must presently be a depositor of at least US$200,000 in a Nigerian bank which is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us in person in Lagos, and that during your visit I introduce you to the representatives of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, as well as with certain officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Please call me at your earliest convenience at 18-467-4975. Time is of the essence in this matter; very quickly the Nigerian Government will realize that the Central Bank is maintaining this amount on deposit, and attempt to levy certain depository taxes on it.

Yours truly,

Prince Howgul Abul Arhu

If u lost that kind of money, you no go mak noise?

@Debosky n 4Play - both of una de crazeeeeee
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Busta(f): 12:36am On Apr 14, 2007
but chai!. . they damage naija image no be small on that show oh!

u need to see the way they arrested the guys in the internet cafe in nigeria? the alabama woman?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26)

Olusegun Obasanjo Acts In Samuel Ajibola's Comedy Skit / Oluremi Tinubu Visits Aisha Buhari / Bode George Has Promised To Leave Nigeria Soonest Over Buhari's Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.