Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! (46275 Views)

Pic: Little Girl Who Was Badly Burnt During Boko Haram Attack To Get Plastic Sur / How I Was Badly Treated After A Near Death Experience In An Ex-ministers Hotel / I'm Not Corrupt, I Pleaded Guilty To Save Nigeria's Image – Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by ikamefa(f): 12:37am On Apr 14, 2007
IBDat:

Example:

@Debosky n 4Play - both of una de crazeeeeee

" grin " na today? cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by bluesky4(f): 12:38am On Apr 14, 2007
@ Sweet T

You work for the law enforcement, so you have first hand experience of what is happening.
How do u think these fraudsters should be handled? What is the route cause? What can Nigeria do to stop this from happening?

For me i think its the mind set of naija's. Get rich fast! And this is what should be tackled, they need to learn that you can earn money the right way. In fact ,it is those who are rich, are the ones who [b]worked hard [/b]to get there.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by ikamefa(f): 12:42am On Apr 14, 2007
blue-sky:

@ Sweet T

You work for the law enforcement, so you have first hand experience of what is happening.
How do u think these fraudsters should be handled? What is the route cause? What can Nigeria do to stop this from happening?

@ sweet over to you!

blue-sky:

@ Sweet T

For me i think its the mind set of naija's. Get rich fast! And this is what should be tackled, they need to learn that you can earn money the right way.

word!

blue-sky:

. In fact ,it is those who are rich, are the ones who [b]worked hard [/b]to get there.

fa! fa! foul! not all in some cases isale oro legbin oh! (some get rich due to shady means)
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 12:44am On Apr 14, 2007
@Busta
I saw that. Let me tell you another one. About two years ago, FBI was following some ibo boys because they were doing medicare fraud. They followed them all the way vo Victoria island. When these boys were arrested they began to boast that they have the best lawyers and have enough money to buy the best defence to win the criminal case. Guess what? The case went to trial and Us government began to lay out their evidences. Among the evidence were several party the boys threw in Victoria island, Lagos. They were spraying money on musicians and larvishing fraud money !! FBI provided enough evidence against the boys that their lawyers advised them to take a plea bargian for 15 years in prisons. Those boys were shocked by the investigations. All these are ibo boys!!!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by bluesky4(f): 12:46am On Apr 14, 2007
fa! fa! foul! not all in some cases isale oro legbin oh! (some get rich due to shady means)

Look at Oprah Winfrey? She wasnt born with a silver spoon in her mouth, yet she is the most richest female in the world. She a role model for sooo many people, and yes, she worked hard to get where she is.
Rome wasnt built in a day.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by 4Play(m): 12:46am On Apr 14, 2007
@Sweet T

As a Law Enforcement Officer,how do you propose we deal with this Igbo menace?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by edygirl(f): 12:48am On Apr 14, 2007
No he can't answer that question. It's no need asking. All he knows is how to point his own dirty fingers at them.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by bluesky4(f): 12:49am On Apr 14, 2007
Thats what im wandering 4-play.

4 Play:

@Sweet T

As a Law Enforcement Officer,how do you propose we deal with this Igbo menace?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Busta(f): 12:50am On Apr 14, 2007
@ Sweet T,
for some reasons, I am just not surprised about that. At least those ones are in Nigeria, U shld see them here, everyone know they are yahoo boys, u need to see the kind of cars they drive, houses they bought and even parties that they throw everyday.

There was a friend of mine, a gurl that got arrested at the airport last month. She travelled to england with a ticket that was bought on another person's credit card account. I don't know how pple have the guts or the mind to do things like that or maybe it is just me that is the "chicken".

I try to avoid naija pple over here to best that I can. When I tell pple that, they rain insults on me but the fact is that I'm just scared of naija pple here. . . boys and gurls. i've had some of them come to approach me to use my address to ship stuffs too. . really how do u get away with such things
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 12:51am On Apr 14, 2007
@Blue-sky
One solution is for every nigerian to realize that american dream takes time to realize and to let his family know his honest situations back home in order to reduce the pressure from home. A big solution to the problem is for every Nigerian to report these fraudsters to authorities. Nigerians should hold their destiny in their own hands and stop looking to western powers for solutions. Go after the politicians and expose them. Let's form a unified voice and confront these devils in govt. If not our youger generations will suffer even more than we have. A chinese activists once said i'd rather die of a bullet while fighting oppression and poverty rather than die of slow form of starvation and poverty. PLEASE IF YOU SEE A FRAUDSTER, REPORT HIM TO THE AUTHORITY AND LET'S SAVE NIGERIA'S IMAGE ONE VOICE AT A TIME !!!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by ikamefa(f): 12:51am On Apr 14, 2007
blue-sky:

Look at Oprah Winfrey? She wasnt born with a silver spoon in her mouth, yet she is the most richest female in the world. She a role model for sooo many people, and yes, she worked hard to get where she is.
Rome wasnt built in a day.

i agree! but not all Rich peeps today got there by being honest and hard -working like Oprah, some got rich by cheating,scamming, killing, stealing  hence this 419 thingy!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by anabell(f): 12:52am On Apr 14, 2007
bunch of haters i sorry 4 una
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by edygirl(f): 12:53am On Apr 14, 2007
Sweet T:

@Blue-sky
One solution is for every nigerian to realize that american dream takes time to realize and to let his family know his honest situations back home in order to reduce the pressure from home. A big solution to the problem is for every Nigerian to report these fraudsters to authorities. Nigerians should hold their destiny in their own hands and stop looking to western powers for solutions. Go after the politicians and expose them. Let's form a unified voice and confront these devils in govt. If not our youger generations will suffer even more than we have. A chinese activists once said i'd rather die of a bullet while fighting oppression and poverty rather than die of slow form of starvation and poverty. PLEASE IF YOU SEE A FRAUDSTER, REPORT HIM TO THE AUTHORITY AND LET'S SAVE NIGERIA'S IMAGE ONE VOICE AT A TIME !!!
Now you are talking.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by bluesky4(f): 12:54am On Apr 14, 2007
Sweet T:

@Blue-sky

I agree 100% smiley
thanks for replying to me

ikamefa:

i agree! but not all Rich peeps today got there by being honest and hard -working like Oprah, some got rich by cheating,scamming, killing, stealing hence this 419 thingy!

I know its sad. And its these guys that the nigers look up 2. sad
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 14, 2007
@ Busta

my sister thank you o, that is how someone bought me ticket to travel and it was one of these scam tickets. i didnt enter the plane o and the perons said i am a coward, it is better to be a coward than be caught and put into different forms of humiliation abeg, naija peeps too dey disgrace and most of them that do it do not see anythin wrong in it
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 12:55am On Apr 14, 2007
@BLUE-SKY
Don't assume. You will be surprised how much i've done in my own little contribution to clean our image. The only sad thing is that innocent old Papa and Mama back in the village suffer when these idiots go to prison !!!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Busta(f): 12:58am On Apr 14, 2007
@muchbabe,
u were smart and lucky unlike ma yeye friend. . she was so happy that she got very cheap ticket and and she got there but it was on her way back that the trouble started. she was told at heathrow that the ticket has been withdrawn, she was fraustrated and had to buy a new one, one way for that matter and as soon as she landed in pearson, they arrested her a** and her passport was seized.

how do u live with that?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by ikamefa(f): 12:58am On Apr 14, 2007
Sweet T:

@BLUE-SKY
Don't assume. You will be surprised how much i've done in my own little contribution to clean our image. The only sad thing is that innocent old Papa and Mama back in the village suffer when these idiots go to prison !!!

shocked hum innocent?  shocked innocent my big black ass! not in all cases sha!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 1:01am On Apr 14, 2007
@IKAMEFA
That is the problem with Nigerians. Every nigerian want to be rich, so that he can go back home and oppress his/her own people. Everyone is not gonna be a millionaire like Oprah and them. The point is for ever Nigerian kid to have a future through our honesty. For every Nigerian kid to go to bed with a full stomack and proper medicare. But to do these things, we have to build a trusting and honest nation. a nation where the worl would be willing to invest in without fears of Fred ajudua and his co-horts !!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 1:03am On Apr 14, 2007
@Ikamefa
Another ibo man! All he/she wants is to be rich at all cost.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by deejay1(m): 1:03am On Apr 14, 2007
@ author being name on TV i mean that name u heard that sounds like igbo doesnt mean they are the only once doing the yahoo thing. it got to be a collective responsiblity of every tride in nigeria 2 find an end to this bullshit that iis destroying the face of the faithful nigerian.i watched the program aswell and when i couldnt stand want they were showing and talking about i had to turn my TV 2 another channel. yea its mostly igbo names being said on Tv but is it only the igbo guys that does it? hell no. we are talking about nigeria in general and not nigeria trides
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by cely: 1:03am On Apr 14, 2007
May I just add from personal first-hand experience - it is the arrogance that keeps them going. That they are somehow superior to everyone else - work is laughable. They  cannot understand why a "mug" would work from 9-5 for someone else. And though obviously you can't generalize these things - they are severly living in lala land. No different to the drug dealers who sell crack in their own neighborhoods to their friends Moms. In fact, I often get accused of being blasphomus (I am the worlds worst speller) when chatting about religion - from a seasoned fraudster holding a joint.

And as for innocent ma and pa - ma knows her son has no job and calls up weekly trying to scheme money for new "businesses" which turn into handbags

but agian you can't genralize!sp!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 14, 2007
@ busta

did she use the ticket knowing it was bought with someone else's credit card? what are they going to do to her. the person that bought it for her should be punnised. thats awful,
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Busta(f): 1:07am On Apr 14, 2007
of course she knew. . who no like better thing?
don't know how her case is going or how it ended, I ran far away from her. I know she was detained for like a day or so.

to top it all, she refused to mention to them how she got the tickets.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by ikamefa(f): 1:07am On Apr 14, 2007
Sweet T:

@IKAMEFA
That is the problem with Nigerians. Every nigerian want to be rich, so that he can go back home and oppress his/her own people. Everyone is not going to be a millionaire like Oprah and them. The point is for ever Nigerian kid to have a future through our honesty. For every Nigerian kid to go to bed with a full stomack and proper medicare. But to do these things, we have to build a trusting and honest nation. a nation where the worl would be willing to invest in without fears of Fred ajudua and his co-horts !!

riiiiight! all am saying is : its some parents that pressurize their kids into doing all this deeds, thats when you will hear:
papa sule just invited me to his sons house warming ceremony, when are you going to build yours? am i going to see your house in my life time? i don suffer because of you oh! its time for me to sit and eat of my labour!

Sweet T:

@Ikamefa
Another ibo man! All he/she wants is to be rich at all cost.

Lmao! you gat your diagnosis all wrong  grin you need to stop this ibo ish! what about yorubas the hausas , open your mind jor! and face facts  cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by teddyface(m): 1:08am On Apr 14, 2007
GUY GUY GUY, lets all take it easy, we are all nigerians you know, where ever we are we are nigerians the thing is that we all have to work together to make this shi#%t stop, young guys dont want to read anymore becos of this internet S%^t, what we be of our country in the next few yews, with all respect to the igbo the thing is most of the time they are the ones alway found doing this sh%^&t and its bad, they is an igbo guy down my street, his parents are poor and they are really managing, this guy went into this internet biz made some money and now driving round town with girl and all, but do you know the painful part of the story,1. his parents condition are still the same, and the guy stills sleeps in thier house.2. the boy is not in school all he has is is secondary school papers, and from the look of this he has no plan of going to school. i think what he feels is that he will comtinue making money for life,

the painful part of all this thing is people who do this things are very smart, if you follow thier process you will know they have brains pls read this mail i got and i know its from a nigeria cos ive heard the line on the street before,

[b]l crave your indulgence knowing that this my Letter will be a surprise to you
I am Barr. Ambi Sheng, an Attorney at Law and the accredited Legal
representative to Late Mr. Rolland Winful, who was here in after
referred to as my Client, he died as a result of Heart Related Disease in the
month of April 2005.

I have contacted you to assist in the distribution of the Funds left behind by
my Late Client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Bank.
And  this deposit valued (Usd $5.9M) Five Million Nine Hundred Thousand
United State Dollar.

This Bank has issued me a notice to contact the Next Of Kin (Beneficiary) to
my Late Client's Estates. Since you have the same last name so that the
proceed of this Account can be remitted into your Account as a Foreign Partner.
Then we can both share the Funding on mutually agreed percentage.

I will provide you all the Legal Documentations to back up your Claims as my Late
Client's Next Of Kin. All I require is your absolute honesty, Co-operation and total
adherence to my instruction to enable us transfer this Funds in to your Account
smoothly. This transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement which
will protect you from any infraction of the Law.

If this proposition offends your moral ethics do accept my sincere apology. In the
contrary, if it pleases you, then contact me with urgency. I shall await your response.

Yours Faithfully.

Barr. Ambi Sheng
Esq[/b]

can you imagin what will happen next if i say yes??

the main point is that we all have to do something to stop it.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 1:11am On Apr 14, 2007
Here is a typical example. I met an ibo man close to where i live one day. we became friends and talk every now and then until he accidentaly saw my badge and official stamp one day? Guess what happened ?? Go figure. I have not seen him again since that day. I'm not accusing him of anything but what makes a man from avoiding a friend?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by ikamefa(f): 1:13am On Apr 14, 2007
Sweet T:

Here is a typical example. I met an ibo man close to where i live one day. we became friends and talk every now and then until he accidentaly saw my badge and official stamp one day? Guess what happened ?? Go figure. I have not seen him again since that day. I'm not accusing him of anything but what makes a man from avoiding a friend?

na today! prolly  grin ,  you was threatening him on the down- low  cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 1:15am On Apr 14, 2007
@Ikamefa
Yorubas are drunks and hausas are fanatics. What a sad combination for an unfortunate nation. A conutry as lovely as Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by IBDat(m): 1:15am On Apr 14, 2007
Well all i'm saying is TONE it down! The greed is too much - hundreds of thousands, millions, kidnapping n murder. Obviously people go make noise! At the end of the day everybody does it including the oyinbos, Chincos and Asians but it's only naijas getting the blame. Why becos them de go cyber cafe, yearn nonsense on celluar, leave paper trails, throw lavish parties, bragg and all ever else!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Busta(f): 1:16am On Apr 14, 2007
@ikemefuna

That was funny!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by 4Play(m): 1:17am On Apr 14, 2007
ikamefa:

na today! prolly  grin ,  you was threatening him on the down- low  cheesy

You mean like the other time he was onto Ferlie/Oluchi/LagosChild

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26)

Bode George Has Promised To Leave Nigeria Soonest Over Buhari's Win / Peter Obi Had Breakfast In Toronto, Canada With OBIdient Family (Photos) / Okorocha Catches Alleged PDP Loyalists With Ballot Boxes In Imo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.