Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,983 members, 7,835,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! (46366 Views)

Pic: Little Girl Who Was Badly Burnt During Boko Haram Attack To Get Plastic Sur / How I Was Badly Treated After A Near Death Experience In An Ex-ministers Hotel / I'm Not Corrupt, I Pleaded Guilty To Save Nigeria's Image – Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by edygirl(f): 1:43am On Apr 14, 2007
I am not taking it personally my dear.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Christino(m): 1:44am On Apr 14, 2007
Oprah was only playing a remix of Kola Olawuyi's works, if she airs our ritual killing stuffs I think Americans will go to bed without supper - Extremely Disgusting!!!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 1:44am On Apr 14, 2007
@Edgygirl
You are wrong! Nigerians are still respected but feared in the USA. I'm not a saint but i'm trying to do unto others as i want others do unto me .
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by 4Play(m): 1:44am On Apr 14, 2007
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by anabell(f): 1:44am On Apr 14, 2007
Mckren has said it all thank u my brother,sweet is a recist
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by bluesky4(f): 1:45am On Apr 14, 2007
McKren:

@4Play

Can you honestly swear with your life that there are more Igbo boys involved in odu in London than Yoruba boys.
While there could be more Igbo boys involved in fraud in US because there are more igbos in US in London no tribe rivals the Yorubas because there are more Yorubas.

The messeage is simple Nigerians generally are involved in fraud so let no one try to call any tribe.

Yeh i agree with that. In London there are far more Yorubas than igbos, so u hear the yoruba names when theres fraud.
Im not sure if there is in the US, but if its true, than thats prob why ur hearing igbo names more.

At the end od the day, its the nigerians who r doing it. The US, CNN, Oprah viewers dont care if ur igbo or yorouba or wateva.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 1:45am On Apr 14, 2007
@Christino

LOL !!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by monshege: 1:47am On Apr 14, 2007
Christino:

Oprah was only playing a remix of Kola Olawuyi's works, if she airs our ritual killing stuffs I think Americans will go to bed without supper - Extremely Disgusting!!!

lol
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 1:47am On Apr 14, 2007
@Anabell
It is called racist. As for Yorubas in the USA. There are far more Yorubas in the USA than Igbos or Hausas. Do your research !
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by teddyface(m): 1:48am On Apr 14, 2007
na true o Christino
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by anabell(f): 1:48am On Apr 14, 2007
sweet t  d racist go to bed
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by McKren(m): 1:49am On Apr 14, 2007
4Play I am waiting for your reply
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by anabell(f): 1:49am On Apr 14, 2007
so what cant i make a mistake
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 1:49am On Apr 14, 2007
@Anabella
there you go !!! Good night, Mrs Fred Ajudua !
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by anabell(f): 1:51am On Apr 14, 2007
@sweet t, i really feel sorry 4 u we dont need ur kind in nigeria bloody racist
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by edygirl(f): 1:52am On Apr 14, 2007
Sweet T,
           I haven't said they are not being respected . All I said is that you as a Nigerian will not be trusted. Do you get it now, since you can't see very clearly to type  my name right,at least read very well and don't put words in my mouth.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by McKren(m): 1:52am On Apr 14, 2007
Sweet T

I think you should be ashamed of yourself, if after living in US you can not learn to drop the bias against other ethnic nationalities that is ruining our nation then there is not much you have learnt from living abroad.

Go read your initial post once again.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by teddyface(m): 1:53am On Apr 14, 2007
hay guy guy guy, hope you all know today is the d day Election for state house, pls you all should pray for those of us here oooo cos this are really looking funny, Election Rigging, pls pray for your loved ones o
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by anabell(f): 1:54am On Apr 14, 2007
stay in d us dont come home, people like u bring in tribal  problems
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by 4Play(m): 1:54am On Apr 14, 2007
McKren:

4Play I am waiting for your reply

I presume you live in the UK.All those Nigerians you read about being arrested for one thing or the other are Igbo people disguised as Nigerians from other ethnic groups

Don't let their names deceive you.They are all Igbos
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by omogenaija(f): 1:56am On Apr 14, 2007
y does it matter that its yoruba or igbo or any other tribe ? the fact is that they r nigerians , now how do we try to stop them ?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by McKren(m): 1:57am On Apr 14, 2007
4play

and Yorubas are not disguising as Igbos

Well I know a Yoruba school mate when I was doing my masters who has been in jail since then for fraud, so there is simply nothing you can tell me.

People simply dont learn anything from living abroad, Elite who should be the future of our nation come onto the internet to point fingers at other tribes like old market women selling pepper will do.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 1:57am On Apr 14, 2007
@Mcren
Look here Bro'. we need to be able to tell the truth for nigeria to move forward. what i said is a fact like it or not. I don't know who gave you the statistics about the number of Ibos and Yoruba in London. Check your fact b/4 typing some crap on the net.

@Edgygirl
whatever !!!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by acidrop(f): 1:59am On Apr 14, 2007
heyii, just because d ibos are despreate dosent mean they are mean, infact i like the smartness, if i have a chance i will rob all d banks in europe and go my village, and leave, afterall, the genesis of thier weath is the exploitation of african countries,
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 2:00am On Apr 14, 2007
@Anabell
I'm coming home and there ain't $hit you can do about it. I have many honest ibo friends who do honest things for a living.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by 4Play(m): 2:00am On Apr 14, 2007
McKren:

4play

and Yorubas are not disguising as Igbos

Well I know a Yoruba school mate when I was doing my masters who has been in jail since then for fraud, so there is simply nothing you can tell me.

They are not disguising at all.All those names that keep coming in the media are Igbos disguised as others.

Did you hear about those gang rapists recently?

They looked Igbo to me even though their names did not sound Igbo
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by McKren(m): 2:01am On Apr 14, 2007
Sweet T

I regret ever coming to this thread to engage you in a debate cos you are simply not in my league. Sorry to have replied your post.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 2:01am On Apr 14, 2007
@Acidrop
There are better ways to do it than spoil the image of honest innocent Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by 4Play(m): 2:02am On Apr 14, 2007
McKren:

Sweet T

I regret ever coming to this thread to engage you in a debate because you are simply not in my league. Sorry to have replied your post.

The man is so inane and vacuous that I just decided to agree with him .

You can't debate overwhelming stupidity
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SweetT1: 2:02am On Apr 14, 2007
@mcren
And who in the crap might you be? a corrupt Nigerian politician
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by acidrop(f): 2:03am On Apr 14, 2007
Sweet T:

@Acidrop
There are better ways to do it than spoil the image of honest innocent Nigerians.

well suggetions are welcome undecided
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by anabell(f): 2:03am On Apr 14, 2007
@Mckren, GOD bless u my brother, tell them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26)

Buhari’s Corruption Watch Begins To Yield Results / "Jonathan Is The Worst President Ever"- Sowore (Throwback) / Peter Obi On The Streets Of Lagos, Followed By Huge Crowd Of Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.