Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! (46347 Views)

Pic: Little Girl Who Was Badly Burnt During Boko Haram Attack To Get Plastic Sur / How I Was Badly Treated After A Near Death Experience In An Ex-ministers Hotel / I'm Not Corrupt, I Pleaded Guilty To Save Nigeria's Image – Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Jakumo(m): 3:35pm On Apr 18, 2007
For more sample lessons in 419ology, send your cash or Western Union payments to :

Professor (Dr) Engineer Chief Senator Egobiya-Zokudi Owodarisapomi
419 Oluwole Shores Boulevard
Lagos by-th'Sea,  Nigeria
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2007
MR.PAUL MARK.(TINAPA LOTTO INTERNATIONAL)
PRIZE AWARD DEPT.
REF NO: 12/0078/IPG
BATCH NO: EGS/ 20054117/08

ATTN: WINNER.

RE: AWARD NOTIFICATION, FINAL NOTICE.

We are pleased to inform you, that as a result of our RECENT LOTTERY DRAWS HELD 2007.

Your e-mail address attached to ticket number:021-7276083-04 with serial number:31270-0 drew lucky numbers:05-06-12-14-38 which consequently won in the 5th category.

you have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay of (FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND US DOLLARS) in cash credited to file with REF: º.EGS/3662367114/13

Note that all participants in this lottery program have been selected randomly through a computer ballot system drawn from over 20,000 Officials and 30,000,000 individual email addresses from all search engines and web sites,from Asia, Australia, NewZealand, Europe, North and South America, Middle East and Africa, as part of our International Promotions Program.

This promotional program takes place every year,and is promoted and sponsored by eminent personalities like the Sultan of Brunei and other corporate organizations.

THIS IS TO IMPROVE THE LEVEL OF EDUCATION WORLDWIDE AND TO ENCOUAGE THE USE OF INTERNET AND COMPUTERS WORLDWIDE.

Your fund is now deposited with Union Bank and insured in your name For security purpose and clarity,we advise that you keep your winning information confidential until your claims have been processed and your money remitted to your account.

This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claims and unwarranted abuse of this program by some participants.

We look forward to your active participation in our next 4 million dollars slot.

To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact your claims agent through our accredited Prize Transfer agents as stated below:

Name, Rev (Dr) john uzor

TEL: +234-806-891-7124 CALL HIM IMMEDIATELY WITH HIS ABOVE DIRECT PHONE NUMBER IF YOU ARE CALLING FROM (USA) THIS IS HOW YOU DIAL 011-234-806-891-7124 BUT IF YOU ARE CALLING FROM ANY OTHER COUNTRY,THIS IS HOW TO DIAL +234-803-400-1387

You are also advised to provide your claim agent with the under listed information as soon as possible send it to his two email addresses below,

YOUR CLAIM AGENT E MAIL ADDRESSES BELOW,

E MAIL: drjohnuzor123@yahoo.ie
E MAIL: drjohnuzor123@fastermail.com

1. Name in full
2. Address
3. Nationality
4. Age
5. Occupation
6. Phone/Fax
7. Batch Number
8. Serial Number

All winnings must be claimed not later than one month After the date of this notice.Please note,in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications,remember to quote your Batch number and Serial numbers in all correspondence.

Furthermore,should there be any change of address do inform our agent as soon as possible.

Congratulations!!!once more and thank you for being part of our promotional program.

Bear in mind that 10% of your fund will be going to the lottery organization that played the lottery with peoples name and email addresses that should be after you most have received the fund in your account,the 10% would have been given to them,just because the fund has been
insured and will not be removed till you receive the fund in your account.

Sincerely,
MR.PAUL MARK.
VICE PRESIDENT.
TINAPA LOTTO INT'L

See me see trouble o, i wonder how this lowlifes got my school email to be sending me this crap
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Hugoboi(m): 3:44pm On Apr 18, 2007
naija for u!!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by texazzpete(m): 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2007
honeric01:

i think we are still in a state of confusion, why must we point fingers at each other? well let those that believe in that keep pointing even when it is not helping matters. as for Oprah, do you know she is a lost african that has refused to trace back her heritage, instead insult and downgrade her heritage? i have never listened to Oprah and hear her say anything good about Africa as a whole. she is a big and total disgrace to all africa, what has she contributed to this same africa she is keen on disgracing and insulting? you can be rich and at the same time not be useful to the world, she keeps spending what she has within the rich circle. i don't blame her, she calls africa, GOD FORSAKING CONTINENT. and now you aspect good words from her? too bad, she even said in one of her shows that africa is where all dieases came from, i wish i could kill her, well i don't have the power but i know she has someone to answer to once she is dead like any other man or woman on planet earth with no kobo taken with her on the journey.

try and research your facts before blabbing off at the mouth. see Jakumo's post for more info
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by BINTIKENYA: 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2007
NOW THAT WE KNOW WHERE THE PROBLEMS ORIGINATE AND END,LETS FOCUS MORE ON THE SOLUTIONS ,AND START WITH OURSELVES 1ST.
WHAT YOU FOCUS ON MANIFESTS
LETS WORK ON CHANGE INSTEAD OF RELAXING IN OUR COMFORT ZONES
LETS FIND WHAT OUR INDIVIDUAL PURPOSES ARE AND LETS NOT CONFUSE PURPOSE WITH MONEY
LETS WORK SMART NOT HARD
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Sista(f): 5:11pm On Apr 18, 2007
@9ja4eva

I go with u too.I really do not think the fuse about Hip Hop is the problem like the guests on Oprah show said.He was wrong and it shld not be taken lightly.Blacks made America and dey shld be given same respect.Do u feel me?

Yes, I feel you wink
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by sweetchick(f): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2007
Okay People,
Please can we stop the tribal bashing? It is useless and not the the solution to the problem. The fact is Naija's image has been tarnished. The average westerner does not know who is Ibo, Edo, Tiv or whatever. What can we as Nigerians do about it? That is what we should be discussing and not spreading the seeds of tribalism via the internet. For me, I push for stiff sanctions for those who are caught so that people will think twice before involving themselves in 419 scams. I truly understand that poverty and umemployment are the stimulating factors that push young people into it but the truth is that Nigeria's rep is getting damaged almost beyond repair
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by merge(f): 6:51pm On Apr 18, 2007
Yoruba people commit these crime more than Igbos.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by adconline(m): 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2007
merge you don come again. these folks do not the difference when it comes to WAZOBIA
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by superman(m): 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2007
all the yorubas in London are 419? oprah will always put her money where her mouth is?

no be am my people
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by naijajew(m): 4:56am On Apr 19, 2007
STOP!THINK!! We just drifted from Nigeria's Image to Igbo bashing and tribal mudslinging.That my friends is the trouble with NIGERIA! cry
Passing the buck and blaming our neighbors.That is what we do best.
Tell me guys,do you have IGBO,YORUBA or IJAW written on your passport?what the immigration officer at any airport sees is that little green booklet with NIGERIA written on it.

FINE!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by simmy(m): 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2007
Igbos should stop being unecesarily sensitive. Yahooyahoo offenders tend to be igbo. A profile of a Nigerian scammer would titl towards an Igbo guy. Nobody's bashing igbos, we're just staing an obvious fact and we're not saying ALL yahooyahoo guys are Igbos.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by blackchief(m): 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2007
To me if the Ibo boys are not the problem,  let the  stop finding themself in sticky positions (TV programmes).

if we all can recall the was a time when this nation was making so much noise about Bendel state been the head quarter of arm robbers,crime, etc (LAWRENCE ANNI, MONDAY OSUBOR etc) and a lot of people in the area felt like the area was been given a bad name. when Delta  was created  and Edo came into existences we got to know the different between human trafficking,prostitution (very common in Edo) and hostage taking , oil bunkering (very common in warri, Delta).

SO the BIG  QUESTION IS, CAN MY IBO BROTHER STOP THEMSELF FROM BEEN SHOWN ON TELEVISION.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Planner(m): 1:18pm On Apr 19, 2007
Dear Forumites,

what the Fraudsters are doing is very deplorable. They bring bad name to innocent 99.9% of Nigerians. They are lazy, stupid and useless and personally i wish they could all be blasted into space.

But i want to know, who are the victims. Are they innocent as EFCC and Oprah Winfrey are painting them to be? Isn't it that they are intended accomplices but unfortunately outsmarted. How come that some people will be promised hugh amount of money to participate in an obvious criminal activity and they will willingly fall for it or more so, told that they have won a hugh sums of money via a lottery which they did not participate in. In as much that the fraudsters are damaging the country's name they "victims" are also willing collaborators.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by chrisokw: 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2007
Distribution of Nigerian 419 and other immoralities:

First, South: 419, armed robbery; prostitution in foreign lands, drug couriering, kidnapping for ransom, JUJU

Second, North: National misleadership and internal corruption; religious killings, religious terrorism. armed robbery, JUJU

Southern bad guys: in percentage of overall crime and immorality

Igbo 35 % (419, ARMED ROBBERY, FAKE DRUGS, DRUG TRAFFICKING)

Yoruba 35% (ARMED ROBBERY, 419, DRUG TRAFFICKING, FAKE CEMENT-MIXING CEMENT WITH SAND TO INCREASE QUANTITY HENCE INCESSANT HOUSE COLLAPSE IN LAGOS-, JUJU (AKA GBOMOGBOMO)

Edo/Delta 20% (PROSTITUTION, DRUG TRAFFICKING, 419, ARMED ROBBERY)

Akwa-Ibom/Ijaw 10% (KIDNAPPING, ARMED ROBBERY, SMALL-SCALE 419)

Anybody who thinks a single Nigerian tribe is the problem with Nigeria is a full-time liar and mentally lazy
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by naijajew(m): 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2007
After 46 years we still talk about HAUSA,YORUBA,IJAW,IGBO etc.
Shame on Nigeria and Nigerians-especially those who keep looking a reason to hate his neighbor.
By the way those who hate Igbos so much, have you ever thought about what these guys went through during the Biafrian war.
Do you realize that people lost loved ones and fortunes during the war. Nobody talks about that and the fact that the Nigerian government still practices systematic and institutionalized tribalism-against Igbos and yet these people fight to keep their head above water.
Philip Emeagwali, Chinua Achebe,Jay Jay Okocha-mention Nigeria and these guys come to mind-are Igbos who have succeeded in spite of all these and still they think of themselves first as Nigerians before they are Igbo, and so do millions of other Igbo men and women around the world.

I know a brainless blogger,a total air head will write some smug comments about this and think his smart-well for you information Mr Tribalist-on-the-internet, I've a think skin and no matter what you write it will make stop seeing you as a total nitwit, an ignoramus, and a buffoon.Go ahead write and make my day.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 19, 2007
Mt. Biter T. Please u guys should leave igbos alone. All the yoruba guys that are being caught on daily basis in london, no body ever mention them by their tribe. Once more please leave igbo guys alone. All Nigerians are the same their is not a single exception. Mind you, 93% of nigerians are decent hardworking people. If u r living in Nigeria i wonder how your survival will be. Remain Punished in the Lord. Amen.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by ogechi84(f): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2007
Fraudster in police net
From Matthew Dike, Ado Ekiti
Thursday, April 19, 2007 More Stories on This Section

A fraudster in Ekiti State who described himself as a ‘guy man’ and his victims as ‘mugu’, has told the police how he impersonated a herbalist and lured a female polytechnic student who complained of stomach ache, into the bush and stripped her naked, all in the name of conjuring spirits.

The suspect, Ahmed Olatunji was said to have lured the victim, Miss Tolu Owonikoko to a cocoa farm, in the Agric area of Odo-Ado before a good Samaritan sighted them and informed the police.

Daily Sun gathered that the victim had already removed her shirt and was about pulling her bra and pant when the police appeared in the scene.

The suspect confessed that he took advantage of the victim’s desperation to cure the stomach ache, adding that Osho, an indigene of Ondo State, who taught him the illegal business, was dead.

He said the game plan was to use the bag covered filled with cocoa leaves and covered with fake currencies to hoodwink her into parting with some money meant for sacrifice.
The suspect explained that the yellowish, long pipe recovered from him was used to communicate to imaginary gods.

“I will position it to my mouth while holding my nose with the other hand and speak through the nose. The victims who usually turned their back on me would think I was speaking with the spirits”. After making his victims part with some money, the suspect would disappear.

“I’m a guy man, the girl is my mugu. The police spoilt my show. I would have told her that the bag of money was hot and that we needed to get more money to cool it. She was to bring the money for sacrifice before I could carry the money worth millions of naira, dollars and pound sterlings,” he said.
Owonikoko, a student of Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti told Daily Sun that the suspect presented himself as someone who sold herbal medicine before she complained to him that she had stomach upset.
“He asked me if I had money to buy the medicine and I said, No, he said he would do the work for me. He said I should pull off my dress and back him,” she alleged.

The Ekiti State Police Commissioner, Mrs. Laureta Koyi, said the suspect would soon appear in court.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Planner(m): 5:26pm On Apr 19, 2007
Igbos should stop being unecesarily sensitive. Yahooyahoo offenders tend to be igbo. A profile of a Nigerian scammer would titl towards an Igbo guy. Nobody's bashing igbos, we're just staing an obvious fact and we're not saying ALL yahooyahoo guys are Igbos.

Yea igbo people should stop being sensitive. Really? All the yahoo boys profiled tend to be igbo. right? Then why is that all the most corrupt Nigerians tend to be either Yoruba and Hausa, and all the people abandoning their babies in orphanages in Uk and gang bangers then to be Yoruba?

You are such a small-minded person.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by bodsibobo(m): 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2007
The National Lottery
P O Box 1290
London, L70 1NL
UNITED KINGDOM
Ref: UK/9420X2/70
Batch: 074/05/ZY345
FINAL WINNING NOTIFICATION:

BONUS LOTTERY PROMOTION PRIZE AWARDS WINNING
NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to notify you the draw (#1078) of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY,
Online Sweepstakes International Lottery Program held on 2007/04/10.
Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from a
pool of over 25,000 names of distinguished professionals drawn from Europe,
America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Middle-East, parts of Africa, and North & South America as part of our international promotions programme
conducted twice in a week to encourage prospective overseas entries.The
internet emailing idea was used, since most people who are not able to
purchase tickets can play outside the UK. We hope with part of your prize
awards, you will take part in our subsequent lottery jackpots.

The result of our computer draw (#1078) selected your name and email address
attached to e-ticket number: 600475612545 187 with Serial number 5300/07
drew the lucky numbers: 1-2-3-5-10-11(Bonus Ball 26) which subsequently won
you the lottery in the 1st category i.e. Match 6. You have therefore been
approved to claim a total sum of £763,392 (Seven Hundred And Sixty Three Thousand, Three Hundred And Ninety Two Great Britain Pounds) in cash
credited to file KTU/9023118308/07.This is from a total cash prize of
£4,580,352 (Four Million, Five Hundred And Eighty Thousand, Three Hundred
And Fifty Two Great Britain Pounds) shared amongst 6 lucky winners in this
category i.e. Match 6.

Your prize award has been insured in your email and is ready for claims. To
begin your claims, you are advised to expeditiously contact our licensed and
accredited claim agent for Overseas Lottery Winners for the processing of
your winning and remittances to your designated bank account after all
statutory obligations have been satisfactorily dispensed with.This promotion
takes place weekly. Please note that your lucky winning number falls within
our European booklet representative office in Europe as indicated in your
play coupon. In view of this, your £763,392 (Seven Hundred And Sixty Three
Thousand, Three Hundred and Ninety Two Great Britain Pounds)

will be released to you by our fiduciary agent in UK.Please be informed
thatclaims not processed within the stipulated period may be forfeited to
the pool without further notice. Our payment unit will immediately commence
the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him. You may wish to establish contact via e-mail with the
particulars presented below sending the batch and reference numbers and
these information?s below for quick Verifications and release of funds
between the hours of 8.00am - 7.30pm on Monday to Satuday.

Our winners are assured of the utmost standards of confidentiality, and
press anonymity until the end of proceedings, and beyond where they so
desire. Be further advised to maintain the strictest level of
confidentiality until the end of proceedings to circumvent problems
associated with fraudulent claims. This is part of our precautionary measure
to avoid double claiming and nwarranted abuse of this program. Any lottery
double claim dedected by our monitoring committee will lead to the UK
national lottery cacelling the winnings. Making a loss for both the real
Winner, and the fake (intended) claimer.

Below you will find a Documentation Form, requesting you?re required
Particulars.

UK NATIONAL LOTTERY DOCUMENTATION FORM

FULL NAMES:__________________________________

ADDRESS: _________________________________________________
CITY:_________________________ STATE:__________________________________ ZIP: _____________________ PHONE:/FAX__________________________________
COUNTRY________________________________
SEX:_______________
MARITAL STATUS:_________________ OCCUPATION:________________________
E-MAIL ADDRESS:_____________________________
NATIONALITY_________________________

You are required to fill and submit the above particulars to our Overseas
Claims/United Kingdom Payment Unit with the below email address.

Overseas Claims/United Kingdom Payment Unit

Contact Person: Name: Dr. Richard Nespry.

Tel/Fax: + 44- 870-478-3038/+44-870 974 2431

Email:payoutdraw@yahoo.co.uk

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

At your disposal, I remain.

Very Truly Yours,

Sir Candid Walker.
Lottery Co-ordinator.

P O Box 1290

London, L70 1NL

UNITED KINGDOM

Warning! Fraudulent emails are circulating that appears to be using
NationalLottery addresses, but are not from The National Lottery. PLEASE
REPORT IMMEDIATELY TO: CUSTOMER CARE/COMPLAINTS ? 2007 UK National Lottery.
All rights reserved.

--
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 269.5.1/765 - Release Date: 2007/04/17 05:20 PM

I tire o!

See me see trouble. Na so these bastard boys dey always send all this kind funny e mails even to my office e mail address wey be say na only me be naija there o. Thank God say my oga don dey hear many many stories about 419 (similar t the oprah own) wey no make am begin dey wonder say this naija guy sef?

I remember when I first come this land in my job hunting-days about five years ago, one day I went for an interview at one of the top financial institutions here, after passing the written test, passing psychometric test, passing the oral interview with my own manager-to-be, passing interview with regional manager, I now met with the regional director with whom the final decision lies.

This guy came into the round table interview, asked a very polite question and I answered. He immediately picked I was foreigner, asked where I was from and I said I was from Nigeria. (Apparently, he watched a 1 hour exposee on Nigerians (of course igbos) and various frauds on the local National television just the night before, and he made it clear to me in no hidden intent that there was no way I could be successful at the post they were going to offer me (Financial Consultant - job is to advise clients on various investment portfolios both locally and off-shore).

I asked why and what he meant, and he said they were not willing; nor going to, even though I was very excellent at the interview and met all their requirements and expectations, jeopardize the expectations of their clientele, moreso in a very competitive and volatile financial market, by employing me, a Nigerian, to oversee their portfolios and make recommendations thereon. In as much as I tried to talk my way round it (I was new in their job market then unlike now wey be say me sef don dey employ people) but this guy's mind was made up because the memories of the TV show was fresh and too much for him.

He offered me a different post, of course lower remuneration which I immediately declined becourse I was overqualified for it and humbly left their board room to go home to lick my wounds.

That is one of the ways the igbo man has afected my life; and I have many more such stories to tell.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Gheorghe(m): 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2007
ibos are Nigerians and wherever these issue is raised they says "NIGREIANS" and not ibo,yoruba,hausa,efek,e.t.c.

so y d fuse.

yes the ibos started it and are still in it and in bigger ways, move down to lagos and ibadan and u'll be shocked by how the westerners have taken over but in smaller ways.

i'm do no support the crime in any way and the ibos shud not be hit the way it's going in these trend.

ka chineke mezie okwu
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by bodsibobo(m): 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2007
ka chineke mezie okwu

whatever that means; SAME TO YOU!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by toshmann(m): 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2007
i took my time to read this unfortunate thread. and my initial conclusion is that nigerians are so stupid and useless. our image was battered by winfrey's programme and instead of saying something important we resorted to the old nigerian method of mudslinging. ibo vs yoruba vs hausa vs etc. i don't think there are up to 1 million 419ers in nigeria, and i'm talking of a country with at least 140 million people (excluding those living abroad and those at home not counted) that puts the 419ers at significant minority. but the western media uses that to judge the rest of the country.

instead of us to establish the fact that an overwhelming majority of nigerians are decent, we decide to agree with the western media and even go a step further by pointing to a tribe. if 1% of ibos are into 419 and we nigerians bash the whole ibo tribe then the west is right in bashing the whole nigerian nation, and then the west is right in believing that black people are more likely to be crime oriented and black girls prone to teenage pregnancy.

then we justify those who believe young black males are good only for prisons. and for the west, they are justified in believing that africans are incapable of anything positive. after all we've just proved them right with our useless election and another perfect example of black inferiority is south africa, a country that was doing fine in the past ---except for apatheid, immediately black people became free in south africa, with black president, south africa became another name for crime, rape, murder, drugs etc. (this is what a student told me in cardiff uni).

there are over 100 million hard working decent nigerians, nobody talks about them. they are there in every tribe, decent and unassuming. they can't get visa b/c they can't lie, or forge documents or decieve embassy officials. they can't rig elections, they can't shoot at polling stations, they can't have a riot to protest against dictatorship. I weep. but not for them. I weep for the generations yet unborn, and children of these innocent people b/c with the kind of leadership in place in nigeria now, and the stupidity of some nigerians like the type i saw in this foolich thread, my final conclusion is. . . as bad as nigeria is now, the future is going to be worse. call me a pessimist if you like, but i call myself a realist.

cry, the despised country cry
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by superman(m): 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2007
80% yorubas are 419s! yorubas shouldnt be too sensitive about things
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Tornadoz(m): 11:59pm On Apr 19, 2007
The people disgracing Nigeria in London are the Yorubas. Go to Peckham on any saturday you will think you are in Abule Ijesha. This should not be about tribe, it should be about finding solutions. not finger pointing.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:01am On Apr 20, 2007
Tornadoz:

The people disgracing Nigeria in London are the Yorubas. This should not be about tribe, it should be about finding solutions. not finger pointing.

Do you see how the two statements contradict each other? So you see how someone wouldnt bother to take your dumb comment seriously, right?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by star01(m): 12:03am On Apr 20, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Do you see how the two statements contradict each other? So you see how someone wouldnt bother to take your dumb comment seriously, right?
EGBA MI, ORO NLA, OUCH OUCH OUCH
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by superman(m): 12:08am On Apr 20, 2007
Quote from: ThiefOfHearts on Today at 12:01:29 AM

EGBA MI, ORO NLA, OUCH OUCH OUCH

na lie una de give us bad name here
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by star01(m): 12:09am On Apr 20, 2007
superman:

na lie una de give us bad name here
homie man what u talkin about?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by bluesky4(f): 12:11am On Apr 20, 2007
Tornadoz:

The people disgracing Nigeria in London are the Yorubas. Go to Peckham on any saturday you will think you are in Abule Ijesha. This should not be about tribe, it should be about finding solutions. not finger pointing.

thats proberbly because theres more yorubas in London, well there is in Peckham.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by 9ja4eva: 5:39am On Apr 20, 2007
God will help u.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by docokwy(m): 9:45am On Apr 20, 2007
Igbos at least try to manufacture. What do other Nigerians do?

Bello MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE AND NON-IGBO, Commends Anambra Entrepreneurial Spirit

By Chukwujekwu Ilozue,Reporter, Onitsha

20th April

Local efforts of Anambra State entrepreneurs to boost job opportunities and provide what would otherwise be imported from abroad, thereby saving scarce foreign currencies, has received a loud praise from Minister of Agriculture and Water Resources, Alhaji Adamu Bello.

Bello who was represented by the permanent secretary in the ministry Mrs. Pepple, made the commendation at the 10 anniversary of A-Z motor oil at Nnewi.

The product is manufactured by a local industrial giant, Chief Chika Okafor, proprietor of Chikason group, which apart from motor engine oil also produces vegetable oil.

Bello said he was impressed by Okafor's doggedness to develop the industrial sector of the economy of the nation through youth employment and wealth creation.

Stating that occasion was a giant stride for the home based industries, he noted that for the group to have employed more than 1000 in its subsidiary alone reflected the wish of the Federal Government Government on poverty eradication by the year 2015.

Stressing the importance of adequate employment, especially of the youth, he said society would always benefit immensely when people had a means of earning their living. "The tendency is for them to enhance their economic position, provide better education and better healthcare."

One of the special guests at the event and Deputy Governor of Anambra State, Dame Virgy Etiaba also lauded Chicason Group for the progress it has made in the industrial sector, saying that the government was ready to assist serious investors through the provision of adequate infrastructures and other necessary assistance to develop the state economy and the nation at large.

Managing Director of Chicason Group, Chike Ilozue said the company would make 10 millionaires from its

Distributors this year and urged them to work hard.

Highlight of the occasion was reward to A-Z distributors who distinguished themselves in marketing the company’s products, prominent among which was Alhaji Muhammed Dankinti who went home with a brand new Honda Civic, 6ft deep freezer and N4.2 million cheque.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26)

Buhari’s Corruption Watch Begins To Yield Results / Buhari Owes Igbos Nothing, Junaid Tells Ezeife / Aregbesola Blames Devil For Rift With Oyetola, Seeks Forgiveness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.