Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,121 members, 7,953,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:50 PM

Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award (21538 Views)

Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology / Why Daddy Freeze Blocks People On Instagram. Examining Reasons / Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Meekha(m): 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2018
BluntBoy:

Did Christ endorse tithes for the Jews or Gentiles?

If you claim that He indeed endorsed tithes for Jews and Gentiles, how come you people don't observe the other Jewish laws? How come it is only tithes you are observing? Hope you know that you can't observe just one out of the laws?

If you claim that He indeed endorsed tithes for Jews and Gentiles, how come you people don't observe the other Jewish laws? How come it is only tithes you are observing? Hope you know that you can't observe just one out of the laws?[/quote]

And who said that Christ for the Gentile only?? Have you not read that He came to rescue the lost Sheep of Israel?? If you read the Bible that i read which is the KJV, you note especially in the book of Romans that Whenever the Apostle Paul is speaking of a particular ordinance of God, he always says "To the Jews first, and then to the Gentiles"..Speaking in another place, Christ Himself said that He have not come to abolish the law but t fulfill it..Now the question is..."Where did Christ say that Tithing is for the Jews alone and that the Gentiles shouldn't tithe"...

Lastly, your argument holds no water! What did Christ came to do?? He came to lead them into a more excellent way! And you read in the verse that i posted above that He clearly endorsed it!

And it is also disturbing that you don't know that Tithing is not a Jewish law that originated with Moses.. the art of Tithing predated the Jewish law for your information....Abraham, the father of faith gave a tenth of his spoil (Tithe) to Melchizedek (Who is a type of Christ) ...What do you call this isn't it tithing in it's clearest definition The art of tithing is a deep spiritual mystery that only the spiritual men understand and not the greedy fellows who can part with #5000 per night in a beer parlour but argue with their blood when they are being told to tithe!
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2018
Freeeeze!! ma Nigga!!
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Where is it written that the first Christians didn't practice it? Oh, because it is not written now means they didn't or were against it? Mind you, tithing predates the law. Abraham tithed before Moses came with the law. Guess who Abraham gave his tithe to? Jesus who was Melchizedeck. So, we as children of Abraham can follow our father's footsteps.

Abraham tithed from the spoils of war. He tithed to a KING. It was a ONE TIME thing. It was a VOLUNTARY action and it ended there. How does this correlate with the theft happening in churches now and your blatant support?

Secondly, since we are children of Abraham and his footsteps ought to be followed, why ignore the other things he did? Married several wives? Fúcked many concubines? Killed people amongst others?

3 Likes

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Emmariks(m): 12:48pm On Dec 10, 2018
HappyPagan:

Was the Bible written for Christians? When did Christians begin to exist?
The bible was not written for Christians but the gospel is for Christians. the Gospel reveals more about what Christ did to make us acceptable and presentable in the sight of God. in that before the gospel and the revelation of Christ which brought salvation, man could not please God. Man could not keep all the commandments/laws. Man had to make a lot of sacrifices to please God which most times was unacceptable. Until Jesus came and paid the greatest sacrifice, thereby bringing salvation to mankind so that we no longer do those things we thought could please God including tithing.

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by shadeze: 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2018
Daddy freeze is a fool, the only award he deserves is five dirty slaps on each of his cheeks
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by alBHAGDADI: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
BluntBoy:

Abraham tithed before the Law but you people are tithing under the Law since your pastors use the Curse of the Law in Malachi to obligate you to tithe.

The people tithing according to the law are udner the curse associated with the law.

Galatians 3:10
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Jesus Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, thats why those who tithe with full knowledge of the Bible do so according to Abraham's method, not that of the law. This is why it is not compulsory to me.

Galatians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by HappyPagan: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
Emmariks:
The bible was not written for Christians but the gospel is for Christians. the Gospel reveals more about what Christ did to make us acceptable and presentable in the sight of God. in that before the gospel and the revelation of Christ which brought salvation, man could not please God. Man could not keep all the commandments/laws. Man had to make a lot of sacrifices to please God which most times was unacceptable. Until Jesus came and paid the greatest sacrifice, thereby bringing salvation to mankind so that we no longer do those things we thought could please God including tithing.

This one don come repeat wetin im mama tell am. It is well with your soul.

My God doesn't need to sacrifice himself to forgive me.. What kind of spirit of unforgiveness was tormenting your Yahweh?

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Ekez(m): 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Nice question.

Now, that we see that the Bible doesn't prevent or admonish Christians to pay tithe, shouldn't that tell you anti-tithers to also remain silent as the Bible is silent on the issue? Yet, you people decide to speak where the Bible hasn't spoken. In the process, you end up teaching doctrines of men as commandment of God.

Mathew 15:9
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Let those who want to pay tithe do so as long as the Bible doesn't teach against it. Mind you, tithing predates the Law because Abraham tithed. And since we are his children, I see nothing wrong in immitating the Good deeds of our father.
Abraham also sacrificed animal to God,so do yu also sacrifice animal too?

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by JeromeBlack: 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
Heavance:
As long as nobody wants to give answers to the main question Freeze asked from the beginning.............
He asked if Jesus Christ collected tithe, or if the disciples collected tithe, or if our pastors are Levites by bloodline?
since we cant answer him, the debate will go on.

We know the answers to these questions, but we are playing Leave them let God Judge (Nigerians)...........Just like we refuse to leave yahoo boiz to God to judge.
Someone said pastors don't put guns on congregation's head to pay, or they don't force them............ and when yahoo boiz tell us they dont use gun on their clients to pay,. we are quick to talk.

Lets keep deceiving ourselves

Why yahoo boys are better than pastors
https://www.nairaland.com/4732232/why-yahoo-boys-better-than
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Ekez(m): 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Nice question.

Now, that we see that the Bible doesn't prevent or admonish Christians to pay tithe, shouldn't that tell you anti-tithers to also remain silent as the Bible is silent on the issue? Yet, you people decide to speak where the Bible hasn't spoken. In the process, you end up teaching doctrines of men as commandment of God.

Let those who want to pay tithe do so as long as the Bible doesn't teach against it. Mind you, tithing predates the Law because Abraham tithed. And since we are his children, I see nothing wrong in immitating the Good deeds of our father.
aAbraham sacrifice animal to God ,do yu also sacrifice animal too as a son of abraham'?
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Emmariks(m): 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2018
HappyPagan:

One man's false teacher is another's Papa. Anyone who believes Jesus died for their sins leaves themselves open to psychological manipulation...

If God is everywhere, why does the Gospel need to be spread? God could just reach out to people directly, couldn't he? Would spoil market for so-called false teachers...
God can not reach out to every body because he has given us a medium through which he can reach out to everybody (Jesus). You have to believe with your heart and confess with your mouth. There must be a teacher or someone to tell u about how God can reach out to you. That's the reason the Gospel has to spread everywhere so that those who have not heard will hear.

Proper virus this Jesus....
God can not reach out to every body because he has given us a medium through which he can reach out to everybody (Jesus). You have to believe with your heart and confess with your mouth.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Meekha(m): 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2018
ollah1:

Abraham tithed from the spoils of war. It was a time time thing. It was a VOLUNTARY action and it ended there. How does this correlate with the theft happening in churches now and your blatant support?

Secondly, since we are children of Abraham and his footsteps ought to be followed, why ignore the other things he did? Married several wives? Fúcked many concubines? Killed people amongst others?

You are the children of Abraham?? i thought you claimed to be an atheist on a thread where hijab issue was being discussed where you denied being a muslim and now you call yourself a child of Abraham??

A child of the devil i suppose...Confused fellow!

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by BluntBoy(m): 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2018
Meekha:

If you claim that He indeed endorsed tithes for Jews and Gentiles, how come you people don't observe the other Jewish laws? How come it is only tithes you are observing? Hope you know that you can't observe just one out of the laws?

And who said that Christ for the Gentile only?? Have you not read that He came to rescue the lost Sheep of Israel?? If you read the Bible that i read which is the KJV, you note especially in the book of Romans that Whenever the Apostle Paul is speaking of a particular ordinance of God, he always says "To the Jews first, and then to the Gentiles"..Speaking in another place, Christ Himself said that He have not come to abolish the law but t fulfill it..Now the question is..."Where did Christ say that Tithing is for the Jews alone and that the Gentiles shouldn't tithe"...

Lastly, your argument holds no water! What did Christ came to do?? He came to lead them into a more excellent way! And you read in the verse that i posted above that He clearly endorsed it!

You are just confusing yourself.

You yourself quoted the verse that states that Jesus came for the lost sheep of Israel. So how does the endorsement of tithes in that verse concerns you, a Gentile?

Christ came to lead them to excellent ways? So, what happened to the verse that you quoted about Jesus not coming to destroy the Laws?

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2018
Emmariks:

Your message talked about Jesus and God?

It means they are two different entities. You worship Jesus and call him lord but ignore the God which you will be presented to and accepted by thanks to the death of Jesus. Why don't you pick a struggle rather than confusing yourselves
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by BluntBoy(m): 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The people tithing according to the law are udner the curse associated with the law.

Galatians 3:10
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Jesus Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, thats why those who tithe with full knowledge of the Bible do so according to Abraham's method, not that of the law. This is why it is not compulsory to me.

Galatians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

But do you know the method by which Abraham tithed? Does any Christian tithe that way?

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by 0monnak0da: 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The tithe Abraham gave, was it agricultural produce?

The tithe you say Abraham gave was before and not after the law that is the first point

Remember that tithe means 10% that is the literal meaning in the original Hebrew

Therefore there is no indication that what he gave was based on any commandment from God

The tithe Abraham gave was spoil of war. It was not Abraham's property.

The other 90% did not go to Abraham's pocket

The person he gave the tithe to was a Priest but also he was a King .
We cannot necessarily assume that that tithe was given for religious reasons any more than that it was a bribe or political settlement.

Abraham's relative was robbed and he took his armed men to go and recover the loot that is where the 10% came from

By your reasoning if we are robbed we shoud arm ourselves ,as Abraham did, to go and recover the loss

In Nigeria today. If thieves steal your money and the police recover it you could give them a reward, even a tithe, it has no religious significance

There is no record anywhere in the bible that Abraham ever gave tithe from his property.

There is no record that any of Abraham's sons or granddsons ever gave tithe to anyone

When Abraham's wife did not bear a son he slept with his maid even

should Christians do the same

There are so many things that Abraham did. That does not mean Christians should do them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2018
Meekha:

You are the children of Abraham?? i thought you claimed to be an atheist on a thread where hijab issue was being discussed where you denied being a muslim and now you call yourself a child of Abraham??

A child of the devil i suppose...Confused fellow!

It's not my fault that comprehension is your problem. It's also not my fault that bigotry and hatred runs in your blood.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by kizyalex10(m): 1:00pm On Dec 10, 2018
Lol religion is d worst thing that happened to africa.hypocrisy.to tell u d gospel truth,if u remove money from churches in africa.like let d government own d church nd pay pastors normal civil servant salary,believe u me,all the people claiming they were called by God.even if its true will refuse d calling.imagine nigeria,the third most religious people yein the world.the last time i checked.yet terrorism everywhere.armed robbery,corruption in offices nd politicians.prostitution,drugs.etc.yet at d end of the day they still go to church nd mosque nd donate so much.is that a tithe or bribing God?lets take south korea for instance.they aint a christain country neither re they muslims.its a buhdist country.since i have been there,i have nt seen a single fight,crime,armed robbery.i saw abus transporting cash to another bank nd it broke down.all i saw is a small boy with 6 rounds revolver around his waist nd d money is transferred to another vehicle in broad day light.like if u loose ur phone in d bus or wallet anywhere jst go to d nearest police station within 24 hours nd u get them bck if someone picked it.the time africa will exchange religion with human relationship.then we can move forward.a country where church is bigger than companies,yet a conman will tell u that miracle will happen if u pay.ideally u can tell me if u have 100 members,once in a year non of them will be lucky or get promotion.and when it happens,the pastor will cling on his so called prophesy and members will troop to donate more.and d conman will be feeding fat.daddy freeze is trying to open peoples eyes but they choose to remain blind.if u can help dat orphan.blind.cripple.widow.etc.and dont pay a dime in church.i tell u solemnly.a greater reward awaits u.am nt against giving God cos d work of God must go on nd it needs funding.but then,it shouldnt be conned out from u in d name of tithe in exchange of blessings.give if u feel like giving nd when i dont.i relax.i can go to church md during normal offering.i can drop 10k.or 500 naira as my spirit leads.if on my way i see those beggers in front of the church.i park nd i give them till am satisfied .even if it means i gave d church offering to them.am cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by alBHAGDADI: 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2018
Ekez:
aAbraham sacrifice animal to God ,do yu also sacrifice animal too as a son of abraham'?

Thanks for bringing this up.

Abraham sacrificed animals to God. But that act of Abraham, which God doesn't want us to continue doing, he clearly stated in the new testament. But the act of tithing which Abraham started was not in anyway spoken against in the new testament. Read below to see how God put a stop to animal sacrifices because Jesus the Holy Lamb has been sacrificed once and for all.

Hebrew 10:1-10

1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Now, show me where tithing was stopped in the new testament.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Emmariks(m): 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Nice question.

We are Abraham's seed by virtue of the lineage of Christ and the perfect example that Abraham was. But we are Christ by virtue of salvation which Abraham himself could not offer.

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2018
esdeemiami:

Nobody can deceive anybody except you want to be deceived the first question is why do you go to church if the search for an undiluted word is what you want when you listen to message you will be convinced inside you when you listen to such undiluted word filled with truth i think we also forget that pastors are so human and are equally faced with more temptations and could also fall in weak times we all have our weak times inrespective of strong you might be so until we also start thinking pastors are human and could also loose it and stop the condmnation we will keep weakning the christain community
we are actually on same path. I remember back when in school, the people meant to teach us made mistakes sometimes and we the students made corrections which our teachers apologize if for and took corrections but in this case of the church, people leave Church where undiluted word of God is preached and run to a church where the only thing they want to hear is preached(earthly prosperity) and the men who are supposedly supposed to guide them help them fall deeper in this worldly ideology. Fine let us agree that they probably became weak and fell without knowing but then a student rises up to try to correct the teacher with the text the teacher is supposed to use and the teachers begin to hurl insults in the one trying to get them back on track. Take the case of Rev Fr Mbaka of the Catholic Church( I am a Catholic btw) his thirst for money began to cloud his reasoning and when the people spoke against his recent behavior, not only did he apologize, take correction and fall back in line, the Catholic Church itself under the representation of the bishop called him to order. Most people see and know the truth but because the pastor whose Church they attend has used words and his influence and threat of death and earthly lack to threaten them against doing what is right and what served the actual church and not the individual who heads the Church.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2018
HappyPagan:

This one don come repeat wetin im mama tell am. It is well with your soul.

My God doesn't need to sacrifice himself to forgive me.. What kind of spirit of unforgiveness was tormenting your Yahweh?

grin cheesy

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by speedyconnect3: 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2018
Meekha:
For those who said that Christ never endorsed tithing well i don't know if you guys read the Bible but i have an answer for you guys.. The verse below shows the stance of Christ

New Living Translation Matthew 23:23
"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

My emphasis is on the last sentence...From the very words of Christ, whoever should tithe MUST not ignore Justice, mercy and faith as they are more important than tithing..But this does not negate the blessedness of tithing seeing that Christ Himself endorsed it in the above verse. Now this is the words of Jesus Himself.. and not that of any apostle or prophet..
So Freez's disciples, have you not come across any verse like this

Over to you!

You have succeeded in engaging in rigmarole.

The bible says emphatically that you should eat your tithe and that at the third year you should bring to the store house.

This is crystal clear in Deuteronomy 14:22-29.

So how come tithe is paid here and not eaten?

Again, why should tithing be the only thing pentecostal Christians be harping on? Are there no other things in the old ttestament that we have abandoned? Like eating of certain animals?

Again, in the whole of new testament tithe was alluded to just once.

You have refused to think and busy citing malachi 3:10. (It was not even addressed to all Christians but priests)

What about Deuteronomy 14?

Again, do these pastors qualify as levites to receive tithe? They did in the old testament because the had no inheritance.

In the new testament, levites now have inheritance and no longer receive but sell their things too and bring
See Acts4:37.

Use your senses.

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
Goshen360:
So which kind award we go give him naw? grin

MVP

Tithing champions league

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by 0monnak0da: 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Thanks for bringing this up.

Abraham sacrificed animals to God. But that act of Abraham, which God doesn't want us to continue doing, he clearly stated in the new testament. But the act of tithing which Abraham started was not in anyway spoken against in the new testament. Read below to see how God put a stop to animal sacrifices because Jesus the Holy Lamb has been sacrificed once and for all.

Hebrew 10:1-10

1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Now, show me where tithing was stopped in the new testament.

Show me where slavery was stopped in the New Testament
Show me where the guilt offering for women was stopped in the New Testament
Show me where the killing witches was stopped in the New Testament
show me here the killing of those who offer sacrifices to other gods was stopped in the New Testament
God said plant the land for 6 years and let it rest for the 7th year.Where was that stopped in the New Testament

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Emmariks(m): 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
pressplay411:

Thank you sir.
A major veil that I was delivered and unveiled of is the veil of the testaments.
I used to see the old testament as Judaism and New testament as Christianity.
A very subtle yet powerful bondage and veil.
What is the implication of this Unveiling?

The whole bible is Christianity.
The difference is just that the sacrifices of sin and condemnation of the law has been broken by the sacrifice and blood of Jesus Christ.
The old testament remains true, for God is not man that He should lie.
The Old testament is the perfection of Godliness.
It also points us to the Coming of the Messiah and what is expected of us as believers.
I can't elaborate now.
I hope to share more as more understanding comes.
Sir, you cannot say the whole bible is Christianity as the word Christianity never existed in the old testament neither were there Christians then. Christianity was heard of in Acts 11:26. Because there were people that were Christ Like. But no body was Christ like in the old testament because Christ had not come then.

1 Like

Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by speedyconnect3: 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2018
Meekha:

And it is also disturbing that you don't know that Tithing is not a Jewish law that originated with Moses.. the art of Tithing predated the Jewish law for your information....Abraham, the father of faith gave a tenth of his spoil (Tithe) to Melchizedek (Who is a type of Christ) ...What do you call this isn't it tithing in it's clearest definition The art of tithing is a deep spiritual mystery that only the spiritual men understand and not the greedy fellows who can part with #5000 per night in a beer parlour but argue with their blood when they are being told to tithe!

You have succeeded in engaging in rigmarole.

The bible says emphatically that you should eat your tithe and that at the third year you should bring to the store house.

This is crystal clear in Deuteronomy 14:22-29.

So how come tithe is paid here and not eaten?

Again, why should tithing be the only thing pentecostal Christians be harping on? Are there no other things in the old ttestament that we have abandoned? Like eating of certain animals?

Again, in the whole of new testament tithe was alluded to just once.

You have refused to think and busy citing malachi 3:10. (It was not even addressed to all Christians but priests)

What about Deuteronomy 14?

Again, do these pastors qualify as levites to receive tithe? They did in the old testament because the had no inheritance.

In the new testament, levites now have inheritance and no longer receive but sell their things too and bring
See Acts4:37.

Use your senses.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Glink2018(m): 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2018
JeromeBlack:
Whether you support Daddy Freeze or not, you cannot argue against his steadfastness in the face of great opposition from a horde of christian tithers.

Ifedayo Olarinde, popularly known as Daddy Freeze has become the face of the anti-tithe movement. With his eloquent sermons on social media under his "Free The Sheeple movement, he has swayed a lot of people against the doctrine of tithe.

The unfortunate truth is that Daddy Freeze has suffered a lot of abuse from christians who support tithe, both personally and professionally. On social media, he has received insults towards his wife and marital life. He has been cursed by certain christians who wish death and suffering upon him. He has lost a lost of sponsors and hosting contracts as a result of his outspokenness against tithing.

With all these abuse hurled against him, Freeze still soldiers on in his mission free the sheeple in Nigeria. One must also commend Freeze for reinforcing his anti-tithe arguments with biblical references. His scholarly method of argument has won a lot of fans to his side. Many commentators and spectators on the tithe culture wars have indeed noticed that Freeze actually quotes the bible more than his opponents in tithe arguments.

Another thing that Freeze should be commended for is his outreach to the poor. He actually put actions to his word action by engaging in charity programmes to help the poor. Freeze argues that it is better to "tithe" to the poor who need the money more than rich pastors.

In order not to sound biased, one must also point out that Freeze is not a saint. He confessed that it took him a while to stop tithing- long after he started preaching against tithe. While one can say that Freeze was being honest, one cannot dismiss the temporal hypocrisy displayed. Furthermore, his divorce was a bit messy for the average christian.

All in all, Daddy Freeze remains a great man. A man who did not give up, even in the face of a great opposition. Billionare pastors could not stop him in his mission to free the sheeple. A David and Goliath story. History will remember him.

Things fall apart...
So , sudden, Nigerians are now recommending people for preaching heresy... what a shame!

Just need to ask this sincere questions; how has his preaching impart the society....
Instead of giving people more godly lives , he's corrupting the body of Christ... what a great role-model
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by Acehart: 1:16pm On Dec 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Where is it written that it is not for Christians?

Psalm 102:18, This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by simplesearch: 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2018
Human applause, award or reward means nothing if it's not in consonant with God's will. The most appreciable thing will be if standing before God on the day of judgement he's counted worthy to receive same award for opposing divine Truth so plainly hatched in God's word and entrenched in Human soul, notwithstanding the abuse of Tithing(God's means of financing) by many so-called christian leaders. To suffer is not quite as important as the reason for the suffering, If he suffers painful and untold deprivation standing for a cause which is against the will of the Almighty, notwithstanding its eventual success he will still end up in hell for opposing God's word. Let God be true and all Men Liar. Rom 3:4
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by alBHAGDADI: 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2018
0monnak0da:

The tithe you say Abraham gave was before and not after the law that is the first point

Remember that tithe means 10% that is the literal meaning in the original Hebrew

Therefore there is no indication that what he gave was based on any commandment from God

The tithe Abraham gave was spoil of war. It was not Abraham's property.

The other 90% did not go to Abraham's pocket

The person he gave the tithe to was a Priest but also he was a King .
We cannot necessarily assume that that tithe was given for religious reasons any more than that it was a bribe or political settlement.

Abraham's relative was robbed and he took his armed men to go and recover the loot that is where the 10% came from

By your reasoning if we are robbed we shoud arm ourselves ,as Abraham did, to go and recover the loss

In Nigeria today. If thieves steal your money and the police recover it you could give them a reward, even a tithe, it has no religious significance

There is no record anywhere in the bible that Abraham ever gave tithe from his property.

There is no record that any of Abraham's sons or granddsons ever gave tithe to anyone

When Abraham's wife did not bear a son he slept with his maid even

should Christians do the same

There are so many things that Abraham did. That does not mean Christians should do them

Is the spoils of war not the property of the victor of the war? Who are you to decide what Abraham should do with the other 90%? Is there anything wrong with him giving it all out?

The person he gave the tithe to was Melchizedek High Priest of Salem who was Jesus. The tithe was given for religious reasons. The spoils of war became his property the moment he emerged victorious from the battle.

No recrd of any of Abraham's son's giving tithe doesn't mean tithing is not allowed. Do you expect the Bible to record everything?

Christians are not to sleep with anyone other than their wife. The Bible clearly ordered us against that, that's why we do not do that act of Abraham. Now, where does the Bible clearly order us not to tithe?

The things Abraham did which God doesn't want us to do, he clearly states as seen above.
Re: Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award by omojeesu(m): 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2018
Why do what God has not asked us Christians to do, implicitly or explicitly, and then major on what he has not asked us to? Why?

Genesis

14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

14:19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Because Abraham gave "tithes of all" so Christians should? No! God used the occasion to lay down a practice to be followed by the Jews and He made it very plain to them with dire consequences if they failed to obey when temple worship began.

Melchizedek already blessed Abraham even before he decided to give tithes of all the spoils of war. So it was not about tithe attracting blessing as the case for Israel and exploited by pro-tithers.

When Paul later made reference to this event, was he justifying tithe paying for Christians? No! Absolutely, Not!

He was rather justifying the superiority of the New Covenant over the Old Covenant: That Melchizedek ministry preceded the Law which established the Levitical priesthood and that Abraham already paid tithe to Melchizedek a type of Christ even before Jews did so under Levitical priesthood.

Tithe et al were explicitly commanded by God to Israel with consequences for disobedience.

Jesus and the Apostles never asked us to pay tithe, first fruits, etc. We are encouraged to give to ministers and one another freely especially those in need amongst us.

Am I saying we shouldn't give to Church. No! But that our giving to Church shouldn't be called tithe. WHEN WE CALL IT TITHE WE give a wrong impression that we are under the Law and under a curse if we don't follow to do. It is going back to bondage like insisting on circumcision, sabbath day, etc

Let's call a spade a spade:

Paying tithe is Old Testament. It was never and has never been for Christians.

Let's give to the Church BUT don't call it tithe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Danger Of Associating With Greedy People / Photo Of The Day, Purify Your Intentions / TB Joshua Helps An Indonesian Lady & Her Family After Murder Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.