Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

An Awkward Situationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An Awkward Situationship (3964 Views)

Have U Ever Received A Call While In An Awkward Situation? / I'm In A Love Situationship And It's Draining Me / Ever Had An Awkward Moment With A Crush Before? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Awkward Situationship by Wuraola01(f): 6:18pm On Dec 10, 2018
So...I've been in a 'situationship' for a while...it's kind of confusing...well...that's how situationships are...

My first question is if a guy tells you all about his plans and future ambitions...and gets you involved with all the processes and wants to hear what you think....is it just a friendship thing?

He tells me almost anything...almost everything...and I'm like wow

Further...I know I'm waiting...at the same time I can't tell him...or ask him what's up...cause I did that before and it just got complicated in a previous friendship...

I know I don't want to date now
With all my story...I just want to hear your thoughts, though.

Cc greatnaija01
DanDeeBoss
Rextizzle
Re: An Awkward Situationship by MissRaine69(f): 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
You can’t have your cake and eat it. You are not ready to date but somehow seem quite involved. Let me ask you this if he were to introduce you to another woman as his friend how would you feel? If you have put out , then you are now fckbuddies unless of course you are cool with that then there is nothing more to say. Situationships need boundaries that’s why they get complicated.
Re: An Awkward Situationship by apholaryn: 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
so what's your point exactly? u don't want a new dick in your life?

9 Likes

Re: An Awkward Situationship by SweetBuns(f): 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
Wuraola01:
So...I've been in a 'situationship' for a while...it's kind of confusing...well...that's how situationships are...

My first question is if a guy tells you all about his plans and future ambitions...and gets you involved with all the processes and wants to hear what you think....is it just a friendship thing?

Further...I know I'm waiting...at the same time I can't tell him...or ask him what's up...cause I did that before and it just got complicated in a previous friendship...

Cc greatnaija01
DanDeeBoss
Rextizzle
You've friend zoned him girl. I've been there before.
You just have to slowly back away. He will try to take it to the next level
Re: An Awkward Situationship by SweetBuns(f): 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
apholaryn:

3 Likes

Re: An Awkward Situationship by DanDeeBoss(m): 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
Wuraola01:

Cc greatnaija01
DanDeeBoss
Rextizzle
gringrin If you aren't ready for any relationship... Then?? But wait lemme summon Lefulefu, Tamarapetty... MannieA... Rextizzle... Sammy...
Re: An Awkward Situationship by Wuraola01(f): 6:28pm On Dec 10, 2018
MissRaine69:
You can’t have your cake and eat it. You are not ready to date but somehow seem quite involved. Let me ask you this if he were to introduce you to another woman as his friend how would you feel? If you have put out , then you are now fckbuddies unless of course you are cool with that then there is nothing more to say. Situationships need boundaries that’s why they get complicated.

I won't feel bad. As there's nothing between us smiley

He shares more with me than he's meant to, being a mere friend
Re: An Awkward Situationship by amaniro: 6:28pm On Dec 10, 2018
All these males on nairaland

3 Likes

Re: An Awkward Situationship by Wuraola01(f): 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
[quote author=SweetBuns post=73726280][/quote]

Lol grin
Re: An Awkward Situationship by Wuraola01(f): 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
apholaryn:

What's up, now undecided cry
Re: An Awkward Situationship by amaniro: 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
Wuraola01:

I won't feel bad.As there's nothing between us smiley

Girls are very wicked. In the guy insipid mind now he thinks the "relationship is going somewhere"

Why don't you just pronounce the way things are btw you both to him. Call a spade a spade.
Re: An Awkward Situationship by MissRaine69(f): 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
Wuraola01:

I won't feel bad. As there's nothing between us smiley

Right
So what is the problem again?

2 Likes

Re: An Awkward Situationship by Wuraola01(f): 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2018
DanDeeBoss:
gringrin If you aren't ready for any relationship... Then?? But wait lemme summon Lefulefu, Tamarapetty... MannieA... Rextizzle... Sammy...

Aiit cool
Re: An Awkward Situationship by SweetBuns(f): 6:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

Right
she seems confused

2 Likes

Re: An Awkward Situationship by Wuraola01(f): 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

Right

As it is now, I'm not ready to go into a relationship with him. And this is seeming more likely
Re: An Awkward Situationship by apholaryn: 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
[quote author=SweetBuns post=73726280][/quote]ahnahn! What did I do wrong ?

Re: An Awkward Situationship by Tamarapetty(f): 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
A guy that tells you EVERYTHING definately likes you! Maybe he's even falling, but you said there's nothing btwn u two and u aint ready, i hope u won't lose a nice guy sha

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Awkward Situationship by Wuraola01(f): 6:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
SweetBuns:

You've friend zoned him girl. I've been there before.
You just have to slowly back away. He will try to take it to the next level

Exactly. The thing is, how do I prevent that?

Telling him is out of the picture, cos I've done so with a guy before and things got complicated.
Re: An Awkward Situationship by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hmm op the guy likes u oo no doubt. For a guy to open up to tell u his future plans means he has a sort of fondness for u. Everything lies with u oo. But dis one u saying u dont want to date biko jus let him know on time o. Dont lead him on if u have no intention of datin him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Awkward Situationship by Wuraola01(f): 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
Tamarapetty:
A guy that tells you EVERYTHING definately likes you! Maybe he's even falling, but you said there's nothing btwn u two and u aint ready, i hope u won't lose a nice guy sha

Amen embarassed.
Thank you
Re: An Awkward Situationship by greatnaija01: 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
thanks for the MENTION.... now lets address this with some wisdom sprinkled here and there.

FIRST, understand that most intelligent guys love to have friends who are LOGICAL.... and I'd say you fit that profile.... BUT over time "just friends" become STRONG FEELINGS.... so whats the solution... RUN YOUR TESTs on him.

FIRST TEST.... ask him for candid advice about a guy you are interested in dating and how the guy has been disturbing you for an answer... let him know you plan to say yes but you do not want to sound desperate..... BOOM!!!!! do not listen to whatever he says... JUST WATCH HIS REACTIONS FROM THEN ON. He may change towards you SLOWLY or DRASTICALLY.

SECOND TEST..... wear a RING... then when he asks you tell him you just started dating some nice guy.... HIS REACTION WILL BE PRICELESS.... then you will now tell him how some other guy you met on facebook got angry that you are now in a relationship but he had been a friend without being MAN ENOUGH to tell you his true intent so he lost.... i HOPE YOU GET?

THIRD simply never include him in your own plans and see how he reacts in the long run.... then let him know you love people who are straight forward and you are not interested in any relationship right now.

FOURTH (my best).. download an app for FAKE CALLS and set the time of call and the NAME OF CALLER to HUBBY/LOVER/SHUGA/MY WORLD.... and ensure he is with your phone at the SET TIME and let it ring in his hands.... then you watch his reactions when it rings.... IF HE PICKS then JEALOUSY has been born... IF HE GIVES YOU THE PHONE... PICK IT AND TALK ROMANTICALLY AND SAY OUT LOUD THAT YOU ARE WITH A "FRIEND" then walk away to discuss and laugh.... JUST 5 MINS is enough for him to get the message.

IF THESE FOUR METHODS DO NOT SMOKE OUT THE RABBIT meaning expose his hidden logical intentions then he is DEEP and you should RUN... but if it does, then watch if he will still be a friend after knowing you are in a "RELATIONSHIP" and if he maintains the friendship.... without budging... HE IS A KEEPER.

errrm Wuraola01 DO NOT APPLY THIS FOR ME O... else I will block you on whatsapp for 9 months grin then join MFM for your matter

Wuraola01:

Cc greatnaija01
DanDeeBoss
Rextizzle

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Awkward Situationship by Homeboiy: 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2018
low sense
Re: An Awkward Situationship by apholaryn: 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2018
Wuraola01:

What's up, now undecided cry
well I think you started it yourself, you got yourself in the situation, you gave him some kind of attention and light he probably misinterpreted as green.. why to fi nkan ti o mor pe o nije run imu?
nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: An Awkward Situationship by Wuraola01(f): 6:45pm On Dec 10, 2018
lefulefu:
Hmm op the guy likes u oo no doubt. For a guy to open up to tell u his future plans means he has a sort of fondness for u. Everything lies with u oo. But dis one u saying u dont want to date biko jus let him know on time o. Dont lead him on if u have no intention of datin him.

That's what I thought too. angry
Re: An Awkward Situationship by MissRaine69(f): 6:48pm On Dec 10, 2018
Wuraola01:

As it is now, I'm not ready to go into a relationship with him. And this is seeming more likely
So what is stopping you from telling this man you are not into him if you can see this is where things are going? You are the same women who complain that there are no good men, because you friendzone the good ones you have much to learn.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Awkward Situationship by DanDeeBoss(m): 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
Wuraola01:

Aiit cool
Since you said you ain't ready for a relationship now..... I'll advice you to make it known to the guy....But before then, check your emotions....... cool

2 Likes

Re: An Awkward Situationship by SweetBuns(f): 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
Wuraola01:

Exactly. The thing is, how do I prevent that?

Telling him is out of the picture, cos I've done so with a guy before and things got complicated.
just keep it slow and steady. Don't let him notice it o
Re: An Awkward Situationship by Wuraola01(f): 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2018
greatnaija01:
thanks for the MENTION.... now lets address this with some wisdom sprinkled here and there.

FIRST, understand that most intelligent guys love to have friends who are LOGICAL.... and I'd say you fit that profile.... BUT over time "just friends" become STRONG FEELINGS.... so whats the solution... RUN YOUR TESTs on him.

FIRST TEST.... ask him for candid advice about a guy you are interested in dating and how the guy has been disturbing you for an answer... let him know you plan to say yes but you do not want to sound desperate..... BOOM!!!!! do not listen to whatever he says... JUST WATCH HIS REACTIONS FROM THEN ON. He may change towards you SLOWLY or DRASTICALLY.

SECOND TEST..... wear a RING... then when he asks you tell him you just started dating some nice guy.... HIS REACTION WILL BE PRICELESS.... then you will now tell him how some other guy you met on facebook got angry that you are now in a relationship but he had been a friend without being MAN ENOUGH to tell you his true intent so he lost.... i HOPE YOU GET?

THIRD simply never include him in your own plans and see how he reacts in the long run.... then let him know you love people who are straight forward and you are not interested in any relationship right now.

FOURTH (my best).. download an app for FAKE CALLS and set the time of call and the NAME OF CALLER to HUBBY/LOVER/SHUGA/MY WORLD.... and ensure he is with your phone at the SET TIME and let it ring in his hands.... then you watch his reactions when it rings.... IF HE PICKS then JEALOUSY has been born... IF HE GIVES YOU THE PHONE... PICK IT AND TALK ROMANTICALLY AND SAY OUT LOUD THAT YOU ARE WITH A "FRIEND" then walk away to discuss and laugh.... JUST 5 MINS is enough for him to get the message.

IF THESE FOUR METHODS DO NOT SMOKE OUT THE RABBIT meaning expose his hidden logical intentions then he is DEEP and you should RUN... but if it does, then watch if he will still be a friend after knowing you are in a "RELATIONSHIP" and if he maintains the friendship.... without budging... HE IS A KEEPER.

errrm Wuraola01 DO NOT APPLY THIS FOR ME O... else I will block you on whatsapp for 9 months grin then join MFM for your matter

Oh my! This is so nice cheesy

Wow. Very detailed also. Thank you so much
As for not applying it for you grin, I might as well use it on you first since you taught me grin grin wink
Re: An Awkward Situationship by Wuraola01(f): 6:56pm On Dec 10, 2018
DanDeeBoss:
Since you said you ain't ready for a relationship now..... I'll advice you to make it known to the guy....But before then, check your emotions....... cool

Yeah. I'm so torn sad
In between indecision.
And scared of myself too
Re: An Awkward Situationship by greatnaija01: 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2018
cry see life... I am teaching you hacks and you want me to be your first victim.... lemme go and hug transformer since nepa have not given us light since AUGUST.

lemme sing...
AM WALKING AWAYYYY
FROM WURA in my life
AM WALKING AWAY EH

oh to find a bera girl... grin

Wuraola01:

Oh my! This is so nice cheesy

Wow. Very detailed also. Thank you so much
As for not applying it for you grin, I might as well use it on you first since you taught me grin grin wink
Re: An Awkward Situationship by Wuraola01(f): 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

So what is stopping you from telling this man you are not into him if you can see this is where things are going? You are the same women who complain that there are no good men, because you friendzone the good ones you have much to learn.

Lol. I aint friend zoning him, ma'am.

He should come out straight instead of surprising me everyday. U can't say I'm friend zoning him cos it's not like he asked me out, I refused and requested he remained my friend.
Re: An Awkward Situationship by MannieA(f): 7:00pm On Dec 10, 2018
wait...this issue is kinda intricate...
but first lemme start with my experience...
I used to date this guy...he told me everything,his plans..his projects and even showed me his bank account balance most times... I guessed he trusted me.. but then again we were dating...so sure he liked me..another is my bestie..he tells me everything... he is fond of me... he can't go one day without telling me wat he does.....I dunno if he likes me..as in emotional aspect ..I'm not sure he does... so I gave these two stories because he can either like you or just feel safe telling you things...when person feels safe with a particular person...they tend to tell you everything...
so.. I suggest u take wat greatnaija said and put him on a test... to find out his feelings..
another issue is you not being ready for a relationship tho...do you like him?? and why aren't you ready for another relationship coz..I suggest if you don't like him... you should just withdraw a little bit.. don't always make urself available.. it will hurt him tho sha...
and...it's always the guy who can determine if you pple are dating or not.. if the guy doesn't approve.. DAT means there is no relationship

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whenever I Get Into My Car With My Girlfriend We Always Have This Argument / Konji Curer !! African Lady With The Best Shaped Booty Shares This Sexy Photos / Your Wife Is Probably Sleeping With Other Men If You Notice These Three Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.