Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? (20389 Views)

This Is How To Dress For Your Husband, Even When You're Nursing A Baby / Dr Siju Iluyomade Biography: Age, State Of Origin, Brother, Husband, Mother, Net / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jrusky(m): 5:23pm On Jan 10, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
It's not right. Is she your maid? Is your mum so old and frail or doesn't have a daughter(s) to do them for her? If your mum needs help with the laundry(ies), please get her a washing machine.

That isn't a way to define a wife material, which in actuality, your fiancée is trying too hard to please and prove to you. Some girls and desperation are inseparable. I read your former thread, you were so incoherent, unwilling to adhere to people's advice and here you are again, fidgeting and pleading for us to give you another? For what? For you to perhaps chose a comment which best suits your interest and myopic/faulty thinking.

Simple, get your mother a maid or a washing machine, and of course I expect you also teach her how to use it. Don't stress someone else's daughter, and please, get a frigging life!

You're too egotistical. And errr, she's not your wife yet. Still a fiancée. She owes you or your immediate family no homely rights. You leave the important things undone and tend to the minute ones which are utmost inconsequential. Even if she eventually becomes your wife, she still owes no RIGHT. Grab that!

Aunty you vex for this boy oo. Pls ignore him. Let him go to marriage counselling centre to get his disturbing counsel sorted out for him.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by nkwuocha: 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
Treasuredlove:
lol...hearing this sounds strange but I guess it depends on your age grade and your family responsibilities though. I can't imagine you working 24/7, no time to even relax, eat and even do your work clothes laundry and them demanding you do theirs too...I think your mom sef is the one that will look for ways to help you...with a hot plate of food waiting every night when you come from work. Please let's be realistic

My mom isn't too strong...old age is here.
Again,she is a bit tough and gets what she wants. cheesy
Again we don't stay close to her,the distance is too far.There is a maid but the house is too big for him to handle coupled with elderly couple.
The idea of helping her is for her to use you gist so we know her tricks.When you remember that one day she will be gone .....for good,you just have to let her get her way and enjoy her while it lasts.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by sacramento1212: 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
jakandeola:
God bless ur marriage dear is hard to get a matured woman who understand wat marriage truely mean

Her husband and his family are very lucky to have such a good woman with a good heart. I keep telling people around that character plays a major role in one's life. No matter how beautiful a lady is, once there's a bad character in the picture, there's a problem except the man will be willing to submit and adhere to the instructions of the bad wife

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by rockyh(m): 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
Treasuredlove:
thank you jare...you are indeed wise

And to add to what he has put down, all those shouting with holy rage, I have a question:
Do you still wash your mummy/daddy's clothes? Or do you pass the task to a younger one, washerman/woman, maid, dry cleaner?
Be truthful o
When was the last time your mom/dad, elderly one sent you an errand and did not grumble?
Hmmm...answer truthfully o
I washed my dad's clothes until he died n I still wash my mom's clothes without grumbling. It's a sign of responsibility n respect for an elderly one

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by smallatobs(m): 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
Some ladies don't reason that one day they will also be a Mother in law, what ever you sow you will reap. Nowadays children's lack home training.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Mac12(f): 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
sacramento1212:

Even though some M-I-L can be bad sometimes but it's never in all cases. Sometimes it's those feminist that usually find it difficult to cope with her due to their character. Once a woman has a bad character, they will find it very difficult to cope with their mother inlaw

You are very correct. I've heard so many ladies pray that their M-I-L die before they come in as wives; making me wonder how they'd feel if another makes such prayer point for them
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
nkwuocha:

My mom isn't too strong...old age is here.
Again,she is a bit tough and gets what she wants. cheesy
Again we don't stay close to her,the distance is too far.There is a maid but the house is too big for him to handle coupled with elderly couple.
The idea of helping her is for her to use you gist so we know her tricks.When you remember that one day she will be gone .....for good,you just have to let her get her way and enjoy her while it lasts.
awww that is sweet

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Mac12(f): 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
jakandeola:
God bless ur marriage dear is hard to get a matured woman who understand wat marriage truely mean

Bless you too dear
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by sacramento1212: 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
Funky123:
Will i wash MIL clothes,of course i will,As a lady some things can't just be left undone,what is wrong in washing MIL clothes but seriously it's high time we start having good mentality about mother-in-laws too.The first time I met my mother in law to be cos am not yet married,She told me she didn't have a female child and her prayer is every lady that comes into the family will come as a daughter and not as a wife,so if she has taken me as a daughter why can't i see her as my mother,of course i wash my mother's cloth and i didn't tell her to go get washing machine,And eversince i met MIL she hasn't call me to wash cloth for once anytime we go visit them even when i go ask if there is any cloth she wants to wash she just smiled and said thank you and words of prayers......I will wash her clothes,wash FIL own self,Feminist theory is not in my blood

That's good. Keep it up and not change tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 10, 2019
rockyh:
I washed my dad's clothes until he died n I still wash my mom's clothes without grumbling. It's a sign of responsibility n respect for an elderly one
yeah, i understand. The goal is for them to have clean clothes, that can be achieved in a number of ways...a maid, a laundry man/woman, washing machine etc...Like I said earlier, it isn't bad but it is not a must to saddle one's wife with it if she doesn't want to do it, she already has enough on her plate

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by nkwuocha: 5:30pm On Jan 10, 2019
Daeylar:

Making sense. .

I wonder what happened to his hand that he cannot wash the clothes for his mum himself.

I'm only judging him based on his last thread.He wants an every Saturday thing.If na all these mother in law's that's out for superiority,she will make sure the clothes are in heaps grin grin grin grin.
She come to see heaps of clothes and when she thinks it's almost over,mama will start taking down curtains grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 10, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

Awon oloriburuku of a somebody be dis ooo grin grin Of course we know where una type come from... Land of the rising sun.. grin grin

And you dey wonder why men no go fit marry pple like you Instead of doing the basic things like...being homely, submissive and humble, you go dey go church dey pray for husband upandan.

Olofo!
She been tell you say she dey go church pray for husband?
2019 you're still talking about submission. No go buy sex doll.
Olosho!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
jakandeola:
when u marry dont cook or wash for mum in law and see if dey wont chase u away
At least she'll leave with her self respect. Get your mother a housemaid.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by sacramento1212: 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
Mac12:

You are very correct. I've heard so many ladies pray that their M-I-L die before they come in as wives; making me wonder how they'd feel if another makes such prayer point for them

God won't answer such evil prayers. They fail to understand that tomorrow they also will age and hopefully be a mother inlaw too. A bad woman remains one and it will only take the grace of God for such woman to change. When they start displaying such kind of bad character, when the husband's family gang up against her, they result to complaint not knowing that what you sow, you reap.

Once you are of good manners, even when the husband has a littl misunderstanding with the wife, the mother in-law will be ready to carry her the matter on her head because she already sees you as a daughter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by victorian(f): 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
nkwuocha:

Oga calm down.
If you want a lady that will wash your mom's clothes,you should go get that woman.Women plenty for market.Dem full yakata everywhere.Not all men fancy this washing of clothes to prove loyalty things abeg.

jakandeola:
u be smally still in 100l u Neva know about relationship not to talk of marriage wen u natured u will understand

Op ,jakandeola not all men fancy such from their fiancee or wife

I know of a friend guy, he was dating a tussshhh! babe from a rich home. He's also rich too and resides abroad .the babe resides in delta state . whenever he comes to Nija , he doesn't like her washing his clothes or cooking food in the kitchen .they eat out every time and he loves this girl die!
His mother stays abroad . will she now start looking for visa to travel abroad , so as to wash her mother in law clothes? Cos they are married now with two kids .

Or how is his mother coping far away abroad ?

Even when I asked him why they eat out. And why is it, he doesn't allow her wash his clothes , he said if she do all that ? He will look down on her and treat her badly . he has placed her on a high pedestal and doing those home chores , will make him not marry her .

They have a maid as I type . so its not every man that fancy such!

For me its no big deal o. Cos she's old enough to be my mum. But it shouldn't be a regular thing Cos I rarely have time for myself and my man and try to squeeze out time , how much more mother in law . but can't the man wash his mother clothes , e hand dey pain am?

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by rockyh(m): 5:34pm On Jan 10, 2019
Funky123:
Will i wash MIL clothes,of course i will,As a lady some things can't just be left undone,what is wrong in washing MIL clothes but seriously it's high time we start having good mentality about mother-in-laws too.The first time I met my mother in law to be cos am not yet married,She told me she didn't have a female child and her prayer is every lady that comes into the family will come as a daughter and not as a wife,so if she has taken me as a daughter why can't i see her as my mother,of course i wash my mother's cloth and i didn't tell her to go get washing machine,And eversince i met MIL she hasn't call me to wash cloth for once anytime we go visit them even when i go ask if there is any cloth she wants to wash she just smiled and said thank you and words of prayers......I will wash her clothes,wash FIL own self,Feminist theory is not in my blood
God bless you for bn sincere and may ur marriage only bring you excellence and happiness

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Itannooluwa(f): 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2019
grin
jakandeola:
u be smally still in 100l u Neva know about relationship not to talk of marriage wen u natured u will understand

Lmao cheesy
jakandeola:

Lmao .......it s well
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Daeylar(f): 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2019
nkwuocha:

I'm only judging him based on his last thread

Tried to go to the last thread to read and see if I could get the back story as you mentioñed
But eh, I found out that the English written there was, so......... grin grin
I can't start deciphering just because I want to get a back story.
I gave up grin

.He wants an every Saturday thing

You know it's very easy to give commands suggestions grin when you know you're not the one who's going to do the actual work.
Anyways.
He can still wash the clothes himself every Saturday if that is how he wants it. grin he is a strong man, I'm sure he can do it. grin

If na all these mother in law's that's out for superiority,she will make sure the clothes are in heaps grin grin grin grin.
She come to see heaps of clothes and when she thinks it's almost over,mama will start taking down curtains grin grin grin grin grin
LMAO
By the time his mother does that once, and he is the one to wash the clothes. he won't come here to ask us if it is bad for anyone to wash anyone's clothes. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by pocohantas(f): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
Slynation:

ur own case is Laziness oO.... grin exactly why getting into marriage is easier this days(anybody with funds can) but staying in marriage is quite difficult....

I am far from lazy, but I have more mental strength than physical. I am also of the school of thought that we work/earn money to make life easier. Time that I should use and rest the brain earning me money, cuddle with my boo, chat and catch up with loved ones? I will na use it and be washing clothes?

6 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by nkwuocha: 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
jakandeola,
If you have not married her and you seriously need a woman who can help your mom unconditionally in that area,I'd advice you look elsewhere for a wife of your choice.Its obvious you guys are not in agreement and not compatible in this case.You want a woman who will do everything it takes to please your mother...but remember women dey pretend oo.There are those that will even wash for your mom and after two years,the REAL character will put your mom in serious shock.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by InSanety: 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2019
jakandeola:
ur opinion is idiotic and foolish and insane. mind ur words
your thread is foolish and idiotic and insane....but I suppose that is as far as your IQ can take you

Get a life instead of creating foolish threads, you look pathetic

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by nkwuocha: 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2019
Daeylar:

Tried to go to the last thread to read and see if I could get the back story as you mentioñed
But eh, I found out that the English written there was, so......... grin grin
I can't start deciphering just because I want to get a back story.
I gave up grin

You know it's very easy to give commands suggestions grin when you know you're not the one who's going to do the actual work.
Anyways.
He can still wash the clothes himself every Saturday if that is how he wants it. grin he is a strong man, I'm sure he can do it. grin

LMAO
By the time his mother does that once, and he is the one to wash the clothes. he won't come here to ask us if it is bad for anyone to wash anyone's clothes. grin grin

Well, people have their own yardstick.How to know an industrious wife is what she does first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

Some woul be wives will leave soup unwarmed before they go to sleep.Now that's a bad flag.To someone like my mom,na!you're not coming in to her family.She expects you go round the kitchen,warm what should be warmed and refrigerate what should be. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Acidosis(m): 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2019
Your mother shouldn't live (fully) with you to start with (there are exemptions though). When you do visit her (e.g. Christmas holiday) however, commonsense should tell you and your wife to help out with her household stuffs, after all you both stay under her roof for the moments.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jakandeola(m): 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
Funky123:
God bless u funke u are one among a millions

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by InSanety: 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
Funky123:
not every woman grew up with a mother....and even those who did, some people grew up with washing machines, so, the concept of washing anyone's clothes is alien to them.

But in this Nigeria, they want to tell you that if you have not sweat and cried, you have done nothing.

We should all learn to respect people and their background in this nation rather than bully people into adopting a one-way thought process. This is 2019, washing machine is common place, so, no need to make it sound like it's a terrible concept. My grandfather had a washing machine before his death and he was 80.

What you do is just your own way of being brought up, and some others have a different way of being brought up. We should all learn to respect each other's backgrounds.

Namaste smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jakandeola(m): 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2019
Acidosis:

Your mother shouldn't live (fully) with you to start with. When you do visit her (e.g. Christmas holiday) however, commonsense should tell you and your wife to help out with her household stuffs, after all you both stay under her roof for the moments.

I Neva live wit her
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Daeylar(f): 5:53pm On Jan 10, 2019
nkwuocha:

Well, people have their own yardstick.
I don't mind the lady washing clothes if that is what she wants, but it isn't right to insist that she does it.
Too stressful a job to insist on someone doing so.

How to know an industrious wife is what she does first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

Some woul be wives will leave soup unwarmed before they go to sleep.Now that's a bad flag.
They didn't warm it neither did they put it the fridge?
Just a sign of a person who will waste food and money.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by InSanety: 5:53pm On Jan 10, 2019
nkwuocha:

Well, people have their own yardstick.How to know an industrious wife is what she does first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

Some woul be wives will leave soup unwarmed before they go to sleep.Now that's a bad flag.To someone like my mom,na!you're not coming in to her family.She expects you go round the kitchen,warm what should be warmed and refrigerate what should be. grin grin
get a freezer and this cannot be an issue.

Most people on this thread must not be living on average income if these are yardsticks with which you judge women.

If your woman has to suffer this much in the twenty-first century, just so she gets wife material brand, then you have failed as a man.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jakandeola(m): 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2019
InSanety:
your thread is foolish and idiotic and insane....but I suppose that is as far as your IQ can take you

Get a life instead of creating foolish threads, you look pathetic
pls get out insane animal u lack sence.
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by nkwuocha: 5:56pm On Jan 10, 2019
InSanety:
get a freezer and this cannot be an issue.

Most people on this thread just not be living on average income if these are yardsticks with which you judge women.

If your woman has to suffer this much in the twenty-first century, just so she gets wife material brand, then you have failed as a man.

Read my post again.Theres an option for that.
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jakandeola(m): 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2019
chiefqueen:

At least she'll leave with her self respect. Get your mother a housemaid.
a maid DAT is a witch or steal or try to kill her. dear I dont like DAT. I feel is wrong to do DAT. a woman DAT have childrens matured in age dont need a maid
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Mac12(f): 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2019
sacramento1212:

God won't answer such evil prayers. They fail to understand that tomorrow they also will age and hopefully be a mother inlaw too. A bad woman remains one and it will only take the grace of God for such woman to change. When they start displaying such kind of bad character, when the husband's family gang up against her, they result to complaint not knowing that what you sow, you reap.

Once you are of good manners, even when the husband has a littl misunderstanding with the wife, the mother in-law will be ready to carry her the matter on her head because she already sees you as a daughter

Exactly, God bless you for this wonderful piece

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

6 Ways To Be A Better Listener / I Am Tired Of My Mom / What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.