Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer (4732 Views)

From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... / What Can You Tell An Atheist To Believe There Is God? / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2018
NPComplete:
Nice story. Good for u. Not an atheist myself so I have no dog in this fight. From what I can read, u are in love. U will like to believe in Christianity so as to complete your relationship. Good. After u marry her and spend more time devoted to the religion lets see if u are still this mushy. Good luck to u as u search for the truth. Whether u choose to become an atheist again, a deist or just irreligious or remain christian or even convert to these New Age religions, I just hope u find peace with yourself and that whatever stance u choose in the future u are able to back it up with evidence.

By the way, anyone notice how nobody has claimed he was not a true atheist yet? If it was a reversed story now Christians will rush here and scream their favorite No-true-Scottsman fallacy.
Your dog isn't in this fight? What? Why have you been all over the religion section of Nairaland abusing Christians?! Which dog were you protecting from them then?
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2018
Dantedasz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttevamkS6gw

Oh my days!!! grin grin grin Oh my days!!!

This is the first time that an atheist has come this close to saying that all he wants is equality with God!!!! Wow! Well done, Dantedasz. I do wonder though how you can get equality with God by pretending that he doesn't exist.

Oh my word!!! This is precious.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Dantedasz(m): 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Oh my days!!! grin grin grin Oh my days!!!

This is the first time that an atheist has come this close to saying that all he wants is equality with God!!!! Wow! Well done, Dantedasz. I do wonder though how you can get equality with God by pretending that he doesn't exist.

Oh my word!!! This is precious.

First of all let's keep this civil. Ok?
The video in question is by a brilliant atheist called dark matter 2525.
Now if you had cooled down and watched that video without bias,you would have understood that the cartoonist was not saying God exists. He was asking the question-"if God exists and judged a Christian,a Muslim and an atheist,how would the judgement go?

Would a God who claimed to have created a complex universe be so insecure as to need mortals to praise him endlessly?
Can a God who claims to be a loving father be so insecure as to need his creation(mankind) be scared of him?
Would a loving God cast his creation into endless perpetual punishment(hell) for a sin committed by his progenitor(Adam and Eve)? A single sin(Adams down fall) leads to perpetual punishment in hell?
These are deep philosophical questions embedded in that video. I suggest you watch it again,this time slowly.
Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2018
NPComplete:

You are so daft. U are probably the biggest morøn ever to register on this forum. If u could read the first line of my comment and still foolishly write this nonsense u wrote then there is no hope for u. Your brain has been replaced with olive oil.

LMAO. Na so people dey mumu?
LOL. Like seriously? U really don't have to deny the fact that you are atheist, your last statement, calling Christian doctrines fallacy, shows it all.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by NPComplete: 2:45pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Your dog isn't in this fight? What? Why have you been all over the religion section of Nairaland abusing Christians?! Which dog were you protecting from them then?

So u can write something this short? If u notice, I don't abuse Christians. I insult morons. Unfortunately it seems a lot of morons are Christians. Just this week I gave some New Age goat-fuckers a hot one on another thread. I also had a running feud with Babalawos while he was active.

The only dog I protect is rationality and evidence. There are some Christians here I have never attacked. That's because they admit their argument is based on faith and not evidence. They don't try to lie through their teeth like u do. And they definitely don't write meaningless long posts.

I said as much in that post u quoted. Any position one takes, one must be ready to back it up with facts. If u are going to claim u can raise the dead then be ready to actually raise dead people and not give excuses when called upon.

My belief is much close to deism. I believe something started this universe. That's thing could be the universe itself. I don't know. I believe we cannot wrap our minds around a concept like God. And from all evidence I can see, God doesn't care if u believe in Him or not. He loves variety. It is humans that care. No book, no matter what foolish lies are written inside and how long the book has existed, can tell us what God is. Especially if that book or its users claims it is infallible.

Everything must be questioned, doubted and proven. And anything that cannot be questioned or refuses questioning must be mocked. Knowledge is ever progressing. Any stagnant knowledge based on old parchments that disapproves of revision and cannot produce consistent results is antiquated and useless.

This is what I believe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by NPComplete: 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2018
toyosi20188:
LOL. Like seriously? U really don't have to deny the fact that you are atheist, your last statement, calling Christian doctrines fallacy, shows it all.

Yeah. I am sure Muslims are atheists too. So are Jews. This guy stupid die. cheesy cheesy cheesy

See his reasoning. Your fellow Christians are ashamed of u right now. Ihedinobi3 just negodu another one of the morons I was just talking about. And this one too will claim he communicates with God daily and has God inside him. What an insult to God.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by LordReed(m): 2:50pm On Dec 15, 2018
NPComplete:

So u can write something this short? If u notice, I don't abuse Christians. I insult morons. Unfortunately it seems a lot of morons are Christians. Just this week I gave some New Age goat-fuckers a hot one on another thread. I also had a running feud with Babalawos while he was active.

The only dog I protect is rationality and evidence. There are some Christians here I have never attacked. That's because they admit their argument is based on faith and not evidence. They don't try to lie through their teeth like u do. And they definitely don't write meaningless long posts.

I said as much in that post u quoted. Any position one takes, one must be ready to back it up with facts. If u are going to claim u can raise the dead then be ready to actually raise dead people and not give excuses when called upon.

My belief is much close to deism. I believe something started this universe. That's thing could be the universe itself. I don't know. I believe we cannot wrap our minds around a concept like God. And from all evidence I can see, God doesn't care if u believe in Him or not. He loves variety. It is humans that care. No book, no matter what foolish lies are written inside and how long the book has existed, can tell us what God is. Especially if that book or its users claims it is infallible.

Everything must be questioned, doubted and proven. And anything that cannot be questioned or refuses questioning must be mocked. Knowledge is ever progressing. Any stagnant knowledge based on old parchments that disapproves of revision and cannot produce consistent results is antiquated and useless.

This is what I believe.

Lots of people who encounter this Ihedinobi guy always reach the conclusion that he is a liar, I wonder why.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2018
Dear GXchange

I have never in my life been able to see the sense in atheism although when I was very young I once wondered just how complex existence is. That is, I wondered where the chain ended: if God made everything, where did God come from? Did something else make God? Is there a race of Gods somewhere? What would happen if God died or something? What does eternity mean? Etc.

They were very frightening questions to ask at the time. I knew something about the Bible then. I read it a lot from childhood and have been a believer in the Lord Jesus for as long as I can remember. But I didn't know how else to answer those questions than to steer clear of them for some reason. I knew on a certain level however that they were wrongheaded questions to ask.

I grew up though. The hungers and stresses of life grew disproportionately to my increasing age and I had the same constant battle that everyone has between wanting to do, think and say what they want and trying to do what is right. It was exhausting. By the time I left high school, I was too tired of fighting my own desires. So I declared that I wasn't a Christian anymore and then tried to do everything I had always wanted to do. But I didn't succeed all that well. I still had a conscience that got in the way all the time. It made me quite angry with God at the time.

Even at this time, I did not question God's existence again. I was certain that He exists. I just didn't think I could live the way He seemed to want me to. It was too hard. And I was tired of trying. I was always feeling like a hypocrite because of my constant failures. But I didn't think it was His fault. I just knew I couldn't be the perfect person He seemed to me to demand that I should be. Besides, my zeal to obey Him cost me significantly in my own personal life and I wanted to make up for the losses too.

It took a couple of years before I got it: God had (has always had, still has and will always have) just one command: believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. Like I said, I already believed and I never stopped believing. I just got really tired of trying to be good all the time. But that was exactly because for the first two decades of my life, nobody taught me (or I wasn't listening, can't tell which exactly) that God was not policing my every action, word and thought for sin, that all God commanded was my faith.

Even after finally getting it, it still took another decade for me to understand what faith in the Lord Jesus really is about. But when God granted me the grace to learn, everything about life finally started to make sense and the hard questions that I in many cases didn't even know how to ask finally began to be answered.

I assure you that being saved, while often an incredibly joyful and emotional experience, is only possible when we come to understand and believe the Gospel, which is the foundational Truth of the Bible. There cannot be a doubt about Who the Lord Jesus is and What He did for us for those who are saved. Not least because being saved is reposing your confidence and trust in Him in an active manner.

I am pleased that your attitude toward the existence of God has changed but I am concerned that you still do not know the Gospel at all and may only be standing at the Door as yet.

So, let me explain:

As you know, everything that exists can only be explained in two ways:

1. God made it.

2. It is God and thus has always existed.

#2 is patently absurd. All of material creation does not behave as one would expect God to. It changes in its instability. And it declines in quality with no clear end of that decline in sight.

#1 means that whatever God is, "It" must be very different than all of nature around us.

The Bible holds that #1 is true. It teaches that God made everything and that nothing exists which He didn't make.

The Bible also teaches that God is One although there are Three Who are Each God. This is hard for us to deal with because the universe is not quite like that. But it does make sense when one thinks about it.

Of these Three, One is called The Word in the Bible. Because in God's (that is, in these Three's) Eternal Plan, some creatures would be given a free will to choose to willingly submit to or defy God and this would result in treason against God and subsequent war in the universe, The Word decreed that He would put on (that is, assume) creaturehood in addition to His Deity at some point in creature history to end the War and fix all the damage that resulted from creature rebellion.

This was why two thousand years ago, the eternal God acquired a human nature and came down into the human condition to reconcile humanity with God and end the War between God and His creatures.

It has been argued and mocked that God should demand human sacrifice but there is not a single debater who believes that it is alright to let a threat to their own lives hang around much longer than they can do anything about it. That is, many people who insist that God should not demand a sacrifice would sooner shoot an assassin sent after them than let the person within a mile of them if they could.

Human beings were not only traitors to God but active rebels against Him. If God could be harmed at all, human beings together with Satan and his angels would already have killed Him. It is because they can't that they settle for the next best thing: they attack everything that reminds them of Him. That is why the world is such a mess.

It is also why the Lord Jesus was crucified. Evil human beings in collaboration with Satan and his angels killed Him thinking that this would accomplish their desire to harm God somehow.

But, on the other hand, treason is punishable by death in very likely all human cultures because it destabilizes the community. Imagine what it must be on the cosmic scale. Satan's treason and all creature rebellion ruined the entire universe. The only right answer to such a thing is the stripping of all creature benefits from such rebels and their removal from God's Universe. Otherwise, what would happen to those who stayed loyal to God? How would it be fair to them to leave them at the mercy of God's Enemies?

Therefore, Eternal Death was decreed for all the rebels. But how would any rebel who wished to repent their rebellion be reconciled to a just God given all the damage they had already done in their Rebellion?

This too was what the Lord Jesus paid for in the three hours of darkness on the Cross of Calvary. Eternal crimes must be paid for with Eternal Life. Every sin, however small it may seem to us, is an act of eternal treason against an eternal God. Therefore, only an Eternal payment could repair the damage they did. Not a single human being possesses or has ever possessed Eternal Life. Except One. The Lord Jesus Christ.

Being God, He possessed the price for all creature rebellion. Only He could answer for all the sins of all mankind from Adam and Eve's betrayal of God in the Eden of six thousand years ago to the very last sin that will be committed in human history. The Only Way He could pay it though was to become a human being like the rebels. That was what God (all Three of Them) had decreed from before Time existed. This was what the Sacrifice was about.

Instead of charging full damages from every human for the cost of our rebellion, God Himself took responsibility for every last damage done by us and paid for it all by suffering Spiritual Death like nothing any of us can or will ever fully comprehend.

This is why there is hope that humanity will not end, that the universe will not ultimately be destroyed, that all those who want it will eventually be able to see and be with God forever. Otherwise, we would have no hope whatsoever.

The Lord Jesus did not only pay for all those sins and still die physically at the Cross. Because He had done what was demanded by God's Justice, He was also raised from the Dead in a true Human Body but a far more powerful One than what we have right now and returned to Heaven to wait for and direct the accomplishment of the full number of those who want to be reconciled to God.

When it is, He will return and fix everything on this planet. At the end of human history 1000 years after that, He will create a new Universe after destroying this one so that all the faithful can live eternally with God with no more fear of pain or death or any kind of trouble.

This is a long version of the Gospel. But I think you have heard the short one. Both of them state the same thing: trust in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.

This is a very simple thing. Even children can do it. It costs only your ego/pride/arrogance to do it. We can never save ourselves from God's Justice. Pretending that He doesn't exist won't help either. Pretending that He is something that He is not as all religions of this world do will certainly not help either. Regardless what anybody may want to believe, there will literally be hell to pay for all that has been done in this life. So, the wise man is the one who makes peace with God right now while the opportunity to do so continues to exist.

It is not about quitting sin. Although we certainly are responsible to take an adversarial attitude to sin, what we are specifically called to do is to believe in Jesus Christ. If anyone does so and therefore diligently strains to learn Who Jesus is and how He thinks so that we can believe Him better and better, that person will find it easier and easier to turn away from sin. We will never be perfect in this life because the impulse to sin is part of our bodies. It will remain there until our bodies are changed by the Resurrection or we put them off in death.

So, the frustration of our imperfection should not factor into your choice about Christ. Rather, your concern should be how you intend to stand before an unassailable Perfect God. How will you stand before Him? Would you rather stand before Him on the strength of your own merits knowing that His Standard is Perfection even if yours isn't? Or would you rather stand before Him on the strength of His Own Merits applied to you?

For me, the question is a no-brainer. I would much rather God judged me by what Christ did than by what I have done. I'm under no illusions as to my merits. They don't impress even me. How much more Him?

I hope from the depths of my heart that you will trust in the Lord Jesus and commit to following Him no matter what from now on. This life is hard but its hardships are nothing compared to what God has in store for those who continue to obstinately rebel against Him. Its joys too (as great as they seem to our poor eyes) are nothing at all to compare to the delights that God has planned for those who choose to be faithful to Him instead. So, I urge you to not judge this decision by the circumstances of this life.

I will say a prayer for you.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2018
I, personally, am not worried if I have olive oil as brain as some people assert. All I know is that whether you are a Christian or Muslim, Hindu or Buddhist, atheist or agnostic, if you don't believe Jesus as the Son of GOD, you are under the wrath of GOD. Philosophy, vain knowledge, morality and so-called "humane love" outside Christ will not lead you to eternal life. Majority of the atheists and agnostics are who they are because they are applying 'logic and reasoning' to things that only require faith. No wonder the Bible said it is impossible to please GOD without faith.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 3:03pm On Dec 15, 2018
NPComplete:

Yeah. I am sure Muslims are atheists too. So are Jews. This guy stupid die. cheesy cheesy cheesy

See his reasoning. Your fellow Christians are ashamed of u right now. Ihedinobi3 just negodu another one of the morons I was just talking about. And this one too will claim he communicates with God daily and has God inside him. What an insult to God.
Chill......I never said Muslims or Jews are atheists. OK, let me paraphrase my question;"Are you a Christian?"
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2018
HardMirror:
funny thing is those who ask questions and are sincere could end up rejecting all religions especially when they read more. This book could actually help him see the nonsense he is accepting. Just the way the bible made a lot of us reject christianity and religion. The more he reads. And asks questions on what he reads, the better. Op try and get this book but ensure you read it with an open mind and question what you read. Truth stands all scrutiny

By the way if anas has read this book and is still the way she is then i can imagine the nonsense the book teaches grin
What do you think is the main reason Adam and Eve fell?
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2018
LordReed:

LoL!

Your pitiful threats are as important as a child telling me Santa is going to give me a piece of coal for Xmas. I am completely unmoved by it except to laugh.
It's not a threat.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by LordReed(m): 3:18pm On Dec 15, 2018
toyosi20188:
It's not a threat.

Photograph the hell and come show me. Then I'll know its not a pitiful threat.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by HardMirror(m): 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2018
toyosi20188:
What do you think is the main reason Adam and Eve fell?
to make the story interesting

2 Likes

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2018
LordReed:

Photograph the hell and come show me. Then I'll know its not a pitiful threat.
I dunno why you guys place emphasis on hell than you do on Heaven. Jesus didn't come to Earth to preach hell. Hell is meant for those who refuse to put faith in, and obey God. Whenever He referred to hell,He only used it as a warning to those who refuse to hear Him. Jesus came for solely two purposes: to direct people to the way of Life, and to show GOD's true nature to us - love -,that we might be like GOD(1 John 4:7-cool. I don't see the reason why hell should be a threat, rather,it is a place that a man's choice could take him.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 3:36pm On Dec 15, 2018
Dantedasz:

First of all let's keep this civil. Ok?
The video in question is by a brilliant atheist called dark matter 2525.
Now if you had cooled down and watched that video without bias,you would have understood that the cartoonist was not saying God exists. He was asking the question-"if God exists and judged a Christian,a Muslim and an atheist,how would the judgement go?

Would a God who claimed to have created a complex universe be so insecure as to need mortals to praise him endlessly?
Can a God who claims to be a loving father be so insecure as to need his creation(mankind) be scared of him?
Would a loving God cast his creation into endless perpetual punishment(hell) for a sin committed by his progenitor(Adam and Eve)? A single sin(Adams down fall) leads to perpetual punishment in hell?
These are deep philosophical questions embedded in that video. I suggest you watch it again,this time slowly.
Cheers.
Sure, civil's perfectly fine with me. Is it with you though?

Where does he derive his concept of God from? Did he just make it up and decide - like not a few antichristians I have met are wont to do - what God must be like according to him and therefore what the judgment of that God must be like?

The questions you mentioned are patently ridiculous. People - intelligent human beings! - sue each other over proper attribution of ability or reputation or possession etc. Nobody likes to have hard work that they have done attributed to somebody else. Where do you think we get that from? God is certainly jealous over His Possessions. If He makes a human being, He has every right to reserve the right to be acknowledged as the Maker of that human being. That is really what worship means: acknowledging that God is God. Tell me why exactly God should not want to be recognized as what He truly is.

As for being scared, even leftist America (which is quite substantially populated with others who share your beliefs) understands that if the rest of the world does not fear America, there will be more chaos that there is now. Everyone fears power that they think is greater than them. It makes them behave. Without such fear, there would be anarchy. Just as America is sometimes thought of as the Global Policeman, God is the Cosmic Policeman. If He is not adequately feared, creatures with free will will do much worse than they are doing right now. In fact, not too long from now, they will. Just to prove that point too.

I am dead certain that if you ever became a king, you would do the worst possible thing you could to anyone who threatens your authority and power, just for the heck of it perhaps, but certainly to protect your kingdom from the chaos the challenger would cause. Treason against God is treason against God. Call it a single sin or a finite sin, that's your problem. It still is what it is. And treason against God carries a very hefty penalty.

Also, it isn't for Adam's sin that anyone will be confined to the Lake of Fire for eternity. It is for each person's individual choice of unbelief in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by LordReed(m): 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2018
toyosi20188:
I dunno why you guys place emphasis on hell than you do on Heaven. Jesus didn't come to Earth to preach hell. Hell is meant for those who refuse to put faith in, and obey God. Whenever He referred to hell,He only used it as a warning to those who refuse to hear Him. Jesus came for solely two purposes: to direct people to the way of Life, and to show GOD's true nature to us - love -,that we might be like GOD(1 John 4:7-cool. I don't see the reason why hell should be a threat, rather,it is a place that a man's choice could take him.

What yeye choice? Love me or I kill you? LMFAO!

Any god that requires faith is a 419 scam god.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2018
NPComplete:

This is what I believe.
Yes I can. When I'm not trying to explain things.

Thank you for explaining what your dog is.

If you insult my family, you insult me, NPComplete. If you want to insult the whole world because everybody is dumb compared to you, that's fine but when you insult any Christian, however moronic you may feel they are, then you've picked a fight with the House of Christ and I am part of that House.

As I have told you before, you are not the Guardian of all intelligence and reason and logic. You are just like the rest of us, doing what you can to cope with life. Live then, and let live.

I would understand much better if people came to pick fights with you but even then you could choose to walk away or handle people better. But putting yourself on a pedestal as you have is only setting yourself up for a fall.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by CAPSLOCKED: 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2018
NPComplete:

This is what I believe.

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by tintingz(m): 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
Dear GXchange

I have never in my life been able to see the sense in atheism although when I was very young I once wondered just how complex existence is. That is, I wondered where the chain ended: if God made everything, where did God come from? Did something else make God? Is there a race of Gods somewhere? What would happen if God died or something? What does eternity mean? Etc.

They were very frightening questions to ask at the time. I knew something about the Bible then. I read it a lot from childhood and have been a believer in the Lord Jesus for as long as I can remember. But I didn't know how else to answer those questions than to steer clear of them for some reason. I knew on a certain level however that they were wrongheaded questions to ask.

I grew up though. The hungers and stresses of life grew disproportionately to my increasing age and I had the same constant battle that everyone has between wanting to do, think and say what they want and trying to do what is right. It was exhausting. By the time I left high school, I was too tired of fighting my own desires. So I declared that I wasn't a Christian anymore and then tried to do everything I had always wanted to do. But I didn't succeed all that well. I still had a conscience that got in the way all the time. It made me quite angry with God at the time.

Even at this time, I did not question God's existence again. I was certain that He exists. I just didn't think I could live the way He seemed to want me to. It was too hard. And I was tired of trying. I was always feeling like a hypocrite because of my constant failures. But I didn't think it was His fault. I just knew I couldn't be the perfect person He seemed to me to demand that I should be. Besides, my zeal to obey Him cost me significantly in my own personal life and I wanted to make up for the losses too.

It took a couple of years before I got it: God had (has always had, still has and will always have) just one command: believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. Like I said, I already believed and I never stopped believing. I just got really tired of trying to be good all the time. But that was exactly because for the first two decades of my life, nobody taught me (or I wasn't listening, can't tell which exactly) that God was not policing my every action, word and thought for sin, that all God commanded was my faith.

Even after finally getting it, it still took another decade for me to understand what faith in the Lord Jesus really is about. But when God granted me the grace to learn, everything about life finally started to make sense and the hard questions that I in many cases didn't even know how to ask finally began to be answered.

I assure you that being saved, while often an incredibly joyful and emotional experience, is only possible when we come to understand and believe the Gospel, which is the foundational Truth of the Bible. There cannot be a doubt about Who the Lord Jesus is and What He did for us for those who are saved. Not least because being saved is reposing your confidence and trust in Him in an active manner.

I am pleased that your attitude toward the existence of God has changed but I am concerned that you still do not know the Gospel at all and may only be standing at the Door as yet.

So, let me explain:

As you know, everything that exists can only be explained in two ways:

1. God made it.

2. It is God and thus has always existed.

#2 is patently absurd. All of material creation does not behave as one would expect God to. It changes in its instability. And it declines in quality with no clear end of that decline in sight.

#1 means that whatever God is, "It" must be very different than all of nature around us.

The Bible holds that #1 is true. It teaches that God made everything and that nothing exists which He didn't make.

The Bible also teaches that God is One although there are Three Who are Each God. This is hard for us to deal with because the universe is not quite like that. But it does make sense when one thinks about it.

Of these Three, One is called The Word in the Bible. Because in God's (that is, in these Three's) Eternal Plan, some creatures would be given a free will to choose to willingly submit to or defy God and this would result in treason against God and subsequent war in the universe, The Word decreed that He would put on (that is, assume) creaturehood in addition to His Deity at some point in creature history to end the War and fix all the damage that resulted from creature rebellion.

This was why two thousand years ago, the eternal God acquired a human nature and came down into the human condition to reconcile humanity with God and end the War between God and His creatures.

It has been argued and mocked that God should demand human sacrifice but there is not a single debater who believes that it is alright to let a threat to their own lives hang around much longer than they can do anything about it. That is, many people who insist that God should not demand a sacrifice would sooner shoot an assassin sent after them than let the person within a mile of them if they could.

Human beings were not only traitors to God but active rebels against Him. If God could be harmed at all, human beings together with Satan and his angels would already have killed Him. It is because they can't that they settle for the next best thing: they attack everything that reminds them of Him. That is why the world is such a mess.

It is also why the Lord Jesus was crucified. Evil human beings in collaboration with Satan and his angels killed Him thinking that this would accomplish their desire to harm God somehow.

But, on the other hand, treason is punishable by death in very likely all human cultures because it destabilizes the community. Imagine what it must be on the cosmic scale. Satan's treason and all creature rebellion ruined the entire universe. The only right answer to such a thing is the stripping of all creature benefits from such rebels and their removal from God's Universe. Otherwise, what would happen to those who stayed loyal to God? How would it be fair to them to leave them at the mercy of God's Enemies?

Therefore, Eternal Death was decreed for all the rebels. But how would any rebel who wished to repent their rebellion be reconciled to a just God given all the damage they had already done in their Rebellion?

This too was what the Lord Jesus paid for in the three hours of darkness on the Cross of Calvary. Eternal crimes must be paid for with Eternal Life. Every sin, however small it may seem to us, is an act of eternal treason against an eternal God. Therefore, only an Eternal payment could repair the damage they did. Not a single human being possesses or has ever possessed Eternal Life. Except One. The Lord Jesus Christ.

Being God, He possessed the price for all creature rebellion. Only He could answer for all the sins of all mankind from Adam and Eve's betrayal of God in the Eden of six thousand years ago to the very last sin that will be committed in human history. The Only Way He could pay it though was to become a human being like the rebels. That was what God (all Three of Them) had decreed from before Time existed. This was what the Sacrifice was about.

Instead of charging full damages from every human for the cost of our rebellion, God Himself took responsibility for every last damage done by us and paid for it all by suffering Spiritual Death like nothing any of us can or will ever fully comprehend.

This is why there is hope that humanity will not end, that the universe will not be destroyed, that all those who want it will eventually be able to see and be with God forever. Otherwise, we would have no hope whatsoever.

The Lord Jesus did not only pay for all those sins and still die physically at the Cross. Because He had done what was demanded by God's Justice, He was also raised from the Dead in a true Human Body but a far more powerful One than what we have right now and returned to Heaven to wait for and direct the accomplishment of the full number of those who want to be reconciled to God.

When it is, He will return and fix everything on this planet. At the end of human history 1000 years after that, He will create a new Universe after destroying this one so that all the faithful can live eternally with God with no more fear of pain or death or any kind of trouble.

This is a long version of the Gospel. But I think you have heard the short one. Both of them state the same thing: trust in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.

This is a very simple thing. Even children can do it. It costs only your ego/pride/arrogance to do it. We can never save ourselves from God's Justice. Pretending that He doesn't exist won't help either. Pretending that He is something that He is not as all religions of this world do will certainly not help either. Regardless what anybody may want to believe, there will literally be hell to pay for all that has been done in this life. So, the wise man is the one who makes peace with God right now while the opportunity to do so continues to exist.

It is not about quitting sin. Although we certainly are responsible to take an adversarial attitude to sin, what we are specifically called to do is to believe in Jesus Christ. If anyone does so and therefore diligently strains to learn Who Jesus is and how He thinks so that we can believe Him better and better, that person will find it easier and easier to turn away from sin. We will never be perfect in this life because the impulse to sin is part of our bodies. It will remain there until our bodies are changed by the Resurrection or we put them off in death.

So, the frustration of our imperfection should not factor into your choice about Christ. Rather, your concern should be how you intend to stand before an unassailable Perfect God. How will you stand before Him? Would you rather stand before Him on the strength of your own merits knowing that His Standard is Perfection even if yours isn't? Or would you rather stand before Him on the strength of His Own Merits applied to you?

For me, the question is a no-brainer. I would much rather God judged me by what Christ did than by what I have done. I'm under no illusions as to my merits. They don't impress even me. How much more Him?

I hope from the depths of my heart that you will trust in the Lord Jesus and commit to following Him no matter what from now on. This life is hard but its hardships are nothing compared to what God has in store for those who continue to obstinately rebel against Him. Its joys too (as great as they seem to our poor eyes) are nothing at all to compare to the delights that God has planned for those who choose to be faithful to Him instead. So, I urge you to not judge this decision by the circumstances of this life.

I will say a prayer for you.

Jargons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 3:46pm On Dec 15, 2018
LordReed:

Lots of people who encounter this Ihedinobi guy always reach the conclusion that he is a liar, I wonder why.
Yeah, according to your poll. grin
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 3:51pm On Dec 15, 2018
HardMirror:
to make the story interesting
LOL. Nope. They tried to follow the logic the Devil gave them which is more or less lyk him saying to Eve "Why would a GOD who claims He loves you and wants you to multiply and subdue the Earth create such a wonderful tree only to prevent you from eating it?" Logically, what the Devil said makes complete sense. However, GOD did not create us to apply logic before obeying His commandment,instead He wants us to trust His judgement without questioning His infinite wisdom.Unfortunately, our first parents failed to realize this. The story of Creation was not recorded to serve as a bedtime story neither is it an avenue to blame Adam and Eve. It is to serve as a reminder of who GOD wants us to be, an obeient people and not a 'logical' people. That is why I laughed when someone said I have olive oil as brain. LOL
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2018
LordReed:

What yeye choice? Love me or I kill you? LMFAO!

Any god that requires faith is a 419 scam god.
So are you trying to say you don't love GOD?
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2018
Mr NC Complete, you think the universe originated from itself?
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by LordReed(m): 4:01pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Yeah, according to your poll. grin

Yep. No bi today dem don know you for here. LMFAO!
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by LordReed(m): 4:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
toyosi20188:
So are you trying to say you don't love GOD?

I occasionally love fictional characters like Batman, Aragon and AI controlled Spacecraft but this your fairytale god is hard to take seriously.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2018
LordReed:

I occasionally love fictional characters like Batman, Aragon and AI controlled Spacecraft but this your fairytale god is hard to take seriously.
Why?
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2018
LordReed:

Yep. No bi today dem don know you for here. LMFAO!
Interestingly, no be today you too know me for here. In fact, you used to love my writing. But I'm a liar now because I'm still a Christian but you became an atheist.
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by NPComplete: 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Yes I can. When I'm not trying to explain things.

Thank you for explaining what your dog is.

If you insult my family, you insult me, NPComplete. If you want to insult the whole world because everybody is dumb compared to you, that's fine but when you insult any Christian, however moronic you may feel they are, then you've picked a fight with the House of Christ and I am part of that House.

As I have told you before, you are not the Guardian of all intelligence and reason and logic. You are just like the rest of us, doing what you can to cope with life. Live then, and let live.

I would understand much better if people came to pick fights with you but even then you could choose to walk away or handle people better. But putting yourself on a pedestal as you have is only setting yourself up for a fall.

Everybody is not dumb compared to me. Most people are dumb compared to me. I have seen and met many smart Christians. The funny thing is that they don't come on Nairaland to make the kind of stupid arguments most Christians here make. A very good sign of intelligence is to recognise that u don't have a convincing answer to a question about your faith and admit it or avoid the answer altogether. But not the 50 kobo brains that litter Nairaland. They will either lie all day, say some useless unrelated nonsense or just threaten u with eternal damnation. Unfortunately, I do not have patience for such fuckery.

And did I hear u say "House of Christ"? A house with so many morons inside it cannot be called that. Let's address it by its proper appellation: A House of Morons.

1 Like

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Ihedinobi3: 4:22pm On Dec 15, 2018
NPComplete:

Everybody is not dumb compared to me. Most people are dumb compared to me. I have seen and met many smart Christians. The funny thing is that they don't come on Nairaland to make the kind of stupid arguments most Christians here make. A very good sign of intelligence is to recognise that u don't have a convincing answer to a question about your faith and admit it or avoid the answer altogether. But not the 50 kobo brains that litter Nairaland. They will either lie all day, say some useless unrelated nonsense or just threaten u with eternal damnation. Unfortunately, I do not have patience for such fuckery.

And did I hear u say "House of Christ"? A house with so many morons inside it cannot be called that. Let's address it by its proper appellation: A House of Morons.
Did you fail to see the contradiction between both your paragraphs?
Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by toyosi20188(m): 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2018
NPComplete:

Re: How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer by Dantedasz(m): 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Sure, civil's perfectly fine with me. Is it with you though?

Where does he derive his concept of God from? Did he just make it up and decide - like not a few antichristians I have met are wont to do - what God must be like according to him and therefore what the judgment of that God must be like?

The questions you mentioned are patently ridiculous. People - intelligent human beings! - sue each other over proper attribution of ability or reputation or possession etc. Nobody likes to have hard work that they have done attributed to somebody else. Where do you think we get that from? God is certainly jealous over His Possessions. If He makes a human being, He has every right to reserve the right to be acknowledged as the Maker of that human being. That is really what worship means: acknowledging that God is God. Tell me why exactly God should not want to be recognized as what He truly is.

As for being scared, even leftist America (which is quite substantially populated with others who share your beliefs) understands that if the rest of the world does not fear America, there will be more chaos that there is now. Everyone fears power that they think is greater than them. It makes them behave. Without such fear, there would be anarchy. Just as America is sometimes thought of as the Global Policeman, God is the Cosmic Policeman. If He is not adequately feared, creatures with free will will do much worse than they are doing right now. In fact, not too long from now, they will. Just to prove that point too.

I am dead certain that if you ever became a king, you would do the worst possible thing you could to anyone who threatens your authority and power, just for the heck of it perhaps, but certainly to protect your kingdom from the chaos the challenger would cause. Treason against God is treason against God. Call it a single sin or a finite sin, that's your problem. It still is what it is. And treason against God carries a very hefty penalty.

Also, it isn't for Adam's sin that anyone will be confined to the Lake of Fire for eternity. It is for each person's individual choice of unbelief in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Quite frankly,the God you described here sounds just like a man. A creation of a human being with human frailty, emotions, jealousy and insecurity.
If you read the Bible and other religious books carefully you will see that the personality of the Gods described therein reflect the frailty emotions and advancement of the writers.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Test Of Life / How To Tell Your Parents You Are Becoming A Satanist. / Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.