Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders (39987 Views)

Shuaibu Audu Prostrates Before President Tinubu / In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp / Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by maisauki: 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
Firgemachar:
Restructuring is the only way forward!

Corruption will then fizzle out automatically!!
Stop masturbating
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Nukilia: 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
. A man that made history with the statement came back to repeat history again.
I couldn't speak again.

It took a coup to eject PMB the last time, now the only option Nigerians have is the next election.

I am not surprised at those drumming their support for PMB, there were people like that during the time of late Abacha. They were jubilating when Nigerians were suffering...

5 Likes

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Sparkle777(f): 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
Haaa, so things can even be worse in an already worse situation. Ewoooo chim, how do we remove this man bikonu. I warned u all ooo but una no hear now history is repeating itself.
I think I'll move to Canada

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by humilitypays(m): 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
Some days ago, I said it here that I foresee another recession should Buhari win.

Go through my profile, I created a thread to predict Buhari's government and how its going to be years back, but people think its a joke.

Nigeria will slid into another recession if Buhari wins in 2019.

Yorubas should wake up, this is not about superiority fight, this is about our collective livelihood and future.

If Buhari could step down for Osinbajo to continue, believe me, Osinbajo will do a better job

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by lexy2014: 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
Firgemachar:
Restructuring is the only way forward!

Corruption will then fizzle out automatically!!
Really? How does restructuring cure corruption?
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Elvis295(m): 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
What are these? So withered and so wild in their attire that look not like the inhabitants of the earth
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Uchesis: 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
This is what past greedy leaders has caused us. Buhari is not the cause of this.... He was just unfortunate to be elected after the "I DON'T CARE" ones left... May God help Nigeria
Shut up dat gutter u call mouth

3 Likes

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by udemzyudex(m): 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
This is the next level they were talking about, Nigerians wise up.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by lexy2014: 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
Truflame:
Don't worry, Mr. president. You are going to win triumphantly in 2019.
D man just admitted that he has nothing else 2 offer

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by rlcanon: 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
walahi na d best head of states for u people that claimed integrity.kwashioko go soon ravage una like d tin wey hapin to d ethopians,sudanese and somalians.

NEXL LEVEL PLEASE. UNA NEVA SEE SOMTIN YET

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by uchennaq(m): 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mysteryque:
President Muhammadu Buhari has, Friday, warned governors and other leaders in the country to brace up for tougher times ahead, especially as regards the economy and infrastructural development of the country, saying things will be harder than before.

President Buhari gave the statement in a message to the 36 state governors during a closed-door meeting with them in Abuja.

The president’s message was made known to newsmen by the Governors’ Forum, Gov. Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara shortly after the meeting.

According to the governor, president Buhari also told them that the country’s economy is in bad shape, challenging them to brace up on way forward to salvaging the dwindling economy.

According to him, “Mr President, as usual, responded by telling us that the economy is in a bad shape and we have to come together and think and rethink on way forward.

“So, Mr President talked to us in the manner that we have a task ahead of us. So, we should tighten our belts and see how we can put Nigerian economy in the right direction and how we can address the nation’s infrastructural decay.

“So, all of us as leaders, especially those that are coming to the National Assembly and those coming back as governors and the president who will be re-elected by God grace, we should not think that things are going to be easy.

“They are going to be harder than before, this was the message of Mr President.’’

On the meeting of the National Economic Council, the governor disclosed that the Council deliberated extensively on new ways state governments could generate additional revenues for speedy economic growth and development.no

Source: http://www.nigerianeye.com/2018/12/things-will-be-harder-than-before.html?m=1
All these are cheap political talk until government decides to cut down seriously on cost of governance and humongous allowance paid to political holders.

3 Likes

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Jahwinaboy(m): 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
This is what past greedy leaders has caused us. Buhari is not the cause of this.... He was just unfortunate to be elected after the "I DON'T CARE" ones left... May God help Nigeria
Simple . Let the I don't care ones step in 2019 & take the blames. At least they are more optimistic than awaiting doom under next level

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by lexy2014: 7:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
But he put himself up 4 election promising 2 fix what "past greedy leaders caused". D man just admitted that he couldn't fulfill his promise since 2015 and he won't b able 2do so in d future taking into cognisance that he also inherited assets from d past greedy leaders. D question is y is he still seeking reelection?

4 Likes

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by ScottGerald27: 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
Stop wasting people's data with this nonsense.. I will take your details to Shiloh ground ooo. Last warning.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by lexy2014: 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
yjgm:
The man with the blunt truth. I so much adore you Mr President. That's my C in C. PMB till 2023
What was buharis mandate in 2015, to make things better or worse?

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Felixv: 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:
Of course it will never be business as usual. Going forward , the era of free money is gone. EFCC will be more active.

Governors should be ready to look inward to boost IGR and use state money for infrastructural development. NASS members should be ready to make sacrifice.

Nation building is a serious business that requires discipline, hardwork, shrewd management of resources , selflessness and dedication.

Great nation’s are prudent with their money , but we are just a wasteful people - just look at the money wasted on our NASS.

How can we develop without infrastructure, we need those or else we would never develop.

And that is exactly what buhari is telling them - tighten your belts and plan for the future.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by bejeria101(m): 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
Go back to daura and shut up.

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by donnie(m): 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:
Of course it will never be business as usual. Going forward , the era of free money is gone. EFCC will be more active.

Governors should be ready to look inward to boost IGR and use state money for infrastructural development. NASS members should be ready to make sacrifice.

Nation building is a serious business that requires discipline, hardwork, shrewd management of resources , selflessness and dedication.

Governor's should look inwards ...shrewd management of resources, and you are against restructuring. Just lukatiew angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Macon1212: 7:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
Nigerians open your eyes, you better vote Buhari out before he makes your lives miserable again.

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by donnie(m): 7:24pm On Dec 14, 2018
lexy2014:

What was buharis mandate in 2015, to make things better or worse?

They said change grin grin grin

We now understand what they mean by next level.

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 14, 2018
VivaLaFrans:

Do you mean past leaders should have left money for incoming leaders
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by NairaMaster1(m): 7:26pm On Dec 14, 2018
This is because there's no economic policy, no idea. Corruption: we will jail corrupt politicians is not an Economic policy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by festacman(m): 7:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
donnie:

Governor's should look inwards ...shrewd management of resources, and you are against restructuring. Just lukatiew angry
What progress have state governors of the current "unrestructured" Nigeria done with the resources at their disposal. Are they not the same set of people who will manage the emerging entities from restructuring. Change of mindset of leaders first before restructuring.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by NairaMaster1(m): 7:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
Uchenaija:
Lord how did we end up with this man

We ended up with jubril in religion and almajiriya

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Mccullum: 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
Harder for looters, and for the governors to get ready to work, legislators should prepare for genuine legislation duty without expecting bribes from executive...

In Buhari I trust,
Buhari till 2023.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by NairaMaster1(m): 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
yjgm:
The man with the blunt truth. I so much adore you Mr President. That's my C in C. PMB till 2023

Kikikikikikiki!

Nigerians and myopia.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by NairaMaster1(m): 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:

Kikikikiki

See defense.

That's not what he meant.

I quote:

"He said: “Mr President, as usual, responded by telling us that the economy is in a bad shape and we have to come together and think and rethink on way forward."

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by lexy2014: 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2018
donnie:

They said change grin grin grin

We now understand what they mean by next level.
My brother, its not a small something

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by komodapson(m): 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
Pls, how u wan' teh move go Canada?
Sparkle777:
Haaa, so things can even be worse in an already worse situation. Ewoooo chim, how do we remove this man bikonu. I warned u all ooo but una no hear now history is repeating itself.
I think I'll move to Canada
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by onyxo76(m): 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
yeah its truly getting harder, could not get a bag of rice to buy from my customer this week..
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Advtechnology: 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
Oh my God. Which kind of country is this oooo

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by lexy2014: 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:

This week, there was a report that d NDDC is paying wizkid 30m 2 perform in a charity concert in PH. If NDDC with all d problems in d Niger delta can afford 2 hire wizkid 4a concert, then what makes u think there's no "free money" 2 share?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FFK: Alex Badeh Had 4 Security Men With Him When He Was Assassinated / Fayose Responds To Second Impeachment Question / Soldiers Kill Kareowei, Dreaded Militant Leader Who Killed UK Man In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.