Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders (39983 Views)

Shuaibu Audu Prostrates Before President Tinubu / In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp / Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by festacman(m): 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2018
supaphlymee:
Oga shut up and stop sugarcoating everything... Na must make we mumu like you
No gutter language please. Make your point to counter mine. It is called debate.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2018
lexy2014:

Dude there are a million & one ways 2 make ur point without disrespecting his family

i meant no disrespect ... unfortuantely e dragged them to public domain..
finally all i did was ask logical questions ... nothings else
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by roscoleefad: 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2018
It will only be hard for apc members when it get to us it will jump pass us,that's pass over for all other Nigerian
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by saabright(m): 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:
Of course it will never be business as usual. Going forward , the era of free money is gone. EFCC will be more active.

Governors should be ready to look inward to boost IGR and use state money for infrastructural development. NASS members should be ready to make sacrifice.

Nation building is a serious business that requires discipline, hardwork, shrewd management of resources , selflessness and dedication.

may God bless you....thus is the only sane comment I av read
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by 101BDB: 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
Jabez...
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by chocolatelady(f): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
yjgm:
The man with the blunt truth. I so much adore you Mr President. That's my C in C. PMB till 2023
That is the one thing I like about the man called Buhari. He will say the bitter truth not minding whose ox is gored. People are now quoting him out of context. He told the Governors that the economy is in a bad shape that they have to brace up otherwise things will get worse. This is what the man mean and people that cannot be patient enough to assimiliate what he said are already ranting. If u like , rant from now till tomorrow. Buhari remains ur president till 2023 unless GOD says otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
This is what past greedy leaders has caused us. Buhari is not the cause of this.... He was just unfortunate to be elected after the "I DON'T CARE" ones left... May God help Nigeria
Don't engage in debates you don't understand If TWO men are given one million and you check back in Five years time One of them will grow his own to TWO million and still feed well while the other man will SPEND his own eating without growing it and still borrow BUHARY is not business inclined he cannot grow anything PUT THAT IN UR SKULL Donald trump is on a job creating spree in US and Canada has excess of 400000jobs

2 Likes

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2018
derealj:
Is this a warning or a threat?
This might be a threat oooo!!!
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by festacman(m): 10:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
saabright:

may God bless you....thus is the only sane comment I av read
Thank you. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Ajalekoko76(m): 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
Next level of wretched. God pardon us of our sins. Change to Next level is hell.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Adroit144(m): 10:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
This is what past greedy leaders has caused us. Buhari is not the cause of this.... He was just unfortunate to be elected after the "I DON'T CARE" ones left... May God help Nigeria
only few people knw this

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Bondinus(m): 10:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
Shu, when he campaigned in 2015, he said good things and we saw bad...heehhhh, this one he is saying bad things already seems devil is bringing hell to naija
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Bondinus(m): 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
Adroit144:
only few people knw this
And what did he do when he was military head of state
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by denjluk: 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2018
I tot they said #1 will be equivalent to $1 in their two years governance?
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by swazy85: 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
[quote author=ericsmith post=73850529]

you can sit indoor n decieve ursef all day ... you talk so much about forex but av little or no understanding of how the economy works becos if you do, you should know nigeria plunged to recession becos of reckless spending on re current expenditures, foreign reserves were looted dry , dollars were flying around ... we spend as we earn no savings ... okonjo iweala even warned of looming recession .. if buhari speech dip nigeria into recession then whose speech brought us out ... we all know buhari did not retract his statement.
nigeria policies are very suitable & accomodating for foreign investors that as not changed ... what scares away investors are political instability ..
most of the dollars that were blown out in 2015 are yet

[/quot ]

I will really like you to answers this question then we can continue to discuss.
(1)what drives the economy of a nation.
(2) who generated those money in the forgien reserved that was spent recklessly as you claimed,
Where those money generated by ghost?
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Ugosample(m): 11:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
Something remarkable happened last week I visited the village.

My friend gave me his car to drive home from Lagos as my car was in bad shape. His car is an SUV more tushed than my Toyota corrola.

Reaching home, old granny came out and welcomed me like everyone. My aunty asked me if the new car is mine.

I snapped and asked rhetorically " FOR THIS BUHARI REGIME?".

My granny started laughing non stop. I was embarrassed and questioned why she laughing.
She told me dats exactly what my dad told her in 1984 when she asked when he will complete his house project. She laughed and said Nigerians will never learn. A man that made history with the statement came back to repeat history again.

I couldn't speak again.

Lmfao

cheesy grin

Buhari issa national disaster

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by bendike: 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:
Of course it will never be business as usual. Going forward , the era of free money is gone. EFCC will be more active.

Governors should be ready to look inward to boost IGR and use state money for infrastructural development. NASS members should be ready to make sacrifice.

Nation building is a serious business that requires discipline, hardwork, shrewd management of resources , selflessness and dedication.
mumu
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Rosarie(f): 11:32pm On Dec 14, 2018
Jonegonu:
The massage is clear. Don't just sit down there think of what to do to earn a living. Long live pmb long live the federal republic of Nigeria
u are a very very big fool.ode
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by JimD(m): 11:32pm On Dec 14, 2018
If things are harder for governors, how much more for the common masses? Only people of low IQ will vote Buhari in 2019. Sadly, a lot of Nigerians fall into that category.

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by excel101(m): 11:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:

You improve the economy by using the earnings of the economy to increase the capacity of the economy to earn more earnings. You can't improve the economy if the earnings are consistently stolen.
You said it all, *You can't improve the economy if the earnings are consistently stolen"
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Rosarie(f): 11:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
Adroit144:
only few people knw this
Nigerias enemy.name one project he has planned; implemented talkless executed and comissioned
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by kumakunta: 11:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
Something remarkable happened last week I visited the village.

My friend gave me his car to drive home from Lagos as my car was in bad shape. His car is an SUV more tushed than my Toyota corrola.

Reaching home, old granny came out and welcomed me like everyone. My aunty asked me if the new car is mine.

I snapped and asked rhetorically " FOR THIS BUHARI REGIME?".

My granny started laughing non stop. I was embarrassed and questioned why she laughing.
She told me dats exactly what my dad told her in 1984 when she asked when he will complete his house project. She laughed and said Nigerians will never learn. A man that made history with the statement came back to repeat history again.

I couldn't speak again.
But other people’s father built house during that regime and a lot of people are still buying new cars in this regime. I know this very well because I work for a very big insurance company.

Your granny didn’t also tell you we had no better option between Buhari and GEJ , same thing is happening now between Buhari and Atiku . But Atiku kleptomaniac attitude towards the nations asset and treasury is the reason millions of people won’t be voting him .
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by bossrillboss: 11:55pm On Dec 14, 2018
President Buhari has been the most incompetent President Nigeria has had; both in 1983-1985 and now. Both times, the country went into recession. (Not again ‘Jumoke, you are sounding like a broken record). Not one Ministry has seen infrastructural development under him. That’s not true. They are building rail lines. Fantastic!!!!! But, we have to reduce the speed of those trains, so we don’t kill cows! His Minister of Environment resigned this week and 90% of the population didn’t even know we had such a Minister! ASUU has been on strike for 6 weeks, no one has heard from Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu. Minister Fashola finally gave up on power and told us to hold the businessmen in charge of DISCOs responsible for lack of power. Meanwhile, government is still in charge of Generation of power. Minister of Interior is only known to declare public holidays. We don’t even know his name. (RTD Lt-Gen Abdulrahman Bello Danbazau). Name a working Ministry in the Buhari government. Is it ICT, whose Minister Adebayo Shittu, boasted that he didn’t do NYSC because NYSC didn’t come to call him in his house. Is it Sports, whose Minister Solomon Dalung, “spended” his entire Ministry’s budget; gets to the US with his entourage, while the Super Eagles are stuck in Camp, because no one paid for their air fares? Is it Agriculture, whose Minister Audu Ogbeh, former Chairman of the PDP, told us to import Brazilian grass to feed cattle so herdsmen will stop killing humans for their farm produce? Ogbeh also declared a fanfare to export yams to the US. The yams were finally returned 4 months later, spoiled, because of lack of conditioned containers. In 2018, Ogbeh told us we had so much rice for export, our problem was lack of bags to package them. Then the rains came and Ogbeh told us we may starve, as flooding was affecting rice farms across the country. So, all the rice we wanted to start exporting, we didn’t even have storage for them? Is it foreign affairs, whose Minister Geoffrey Onyeama, couldn’t send a delegate, to the burial of over 100 Nigerian teenage girls sexually molested and killed on a Russian war ship? He wasn’t aware! What of xenophobia in South Africa, a Nigerian is killed every other week in South Africa! Nigerians trying to escape through Libya? We see them only on foreign media. Is it Information, whose Minister, Lai Mohammed, hasn’t disclosed to the tax payers what ails our President, who we are paying for his medical tourism, but remembers to tell us the President can no longer speak his native tongue because of a brain surgery he had in London in 2017? Adding fuel to the fire of the Jubril from Sudan rumours. Our information Minister who told us that El Zakzaki is being fed with N3.5million monthly rather than be released on bail, as instructed by the courts! He reacts to rumours rather than provide information. Nigerians have renamed him Lie Mohammed. One wonders if the Buhari cabinet are for him or against him? But he’s found no need to reshuffle them. If it took him 6 months to find this crop, he definitely doesn’t have another 6 months to find replacements. So, what exactly does a Buharist extol in him? Buhari said fuel subsidy was a scam. He removed it, made petrol N145 yet still paying subsidy. Why is he paying for a scam? He hasn’t obeyed court orders when it doesn’t suit him, but wants Nigerians to be law abiding. When asked for achievements, his aides steal file pictures from the internet to deceive gullible followers but their lies always get exposed because in their archaic minds, they don’t know you can search the source of all pictures online. Their funds for feeding children in schools is more than the entire budget for the Education ministry. But we see pictures of children being fed noodles without egg or meat in nylons. They are sharing Tradermoni in markets to help poor traders. But after the N10k vote buying gift, will the poor trader come to them for help when she falls ill and cannot afford drugs nor quality health care? Will her children who are out of school, ever get out of poverty without quality education? Will her business still not need help from her neighbours tomorrow, in an environment that kills businesses fast? Rather than build infrastructure; schools, hospitals, roads, power, housing; that every poor trader can take advantage off to get out of poverty in the future (at least for their children), the Buhari Government shares N10k that perpetuates poverty because it can’t make a poor trader rich! Not in 100 years, not with the harsh economic realities of Nigeria today! Nigeria: who has bewitched you? A government that has no solutions than to keep blaming the PDP. APC was formed with PDP members. That’s the only way they won 2015 elections. People wanted a change from the old politicians. They formed a NEW party and started blaming their old party for the same problems people voted them in to solve! Their Manifesto was hinged on Security, anti-corruption and economic growth! Rather than kill Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen joined the league of terrorists! Rather than kill corruption, President Buhari praised Gov Ganduje (Gandollar), a Governor caught on tape receiving kick-back from contractors in Dollars. Babachir Lawal is still a free man. Indicted for cutting grass with N200m in IDP Camps. The victims of Insurgency being used as meal tickets, by a man from the President’s kitchen cabinet. What of Maina of the infamous Mainagate? He was re-instated by President Buhari. What of the economy? Let’s overlook that the Minister had a forged NYSC certificate. Dollar moved from N197 officially to N350 in 2 years. We went into recession and are on the brink of it again! We moved from 10.5million out of school children to 13.2million. The Buhari administration said that is 2015 data, they haven’t done any research in 3 years. So, how do they know how many children they want to put in schools, if they haven’t counted in all the time they have been in government? The figures may have gone higher as over 10million adults have lost their jobs in the last 3 years of this administration. Most companies had no choice but to cut down on labour force as the recession hit hard. The ones still employed, had salary slashes. What has a Nigerian enjoyed in the Buhari Government that will make any one want to vote him in again? Buhari’s children graduated recently from UK schools. He travels for medical tourism. That’s the number one civil servant, paid my our collective wealth! How will anything change in the health and education ministries, when our President patronises foreign governments’ competencies? Why should I vote President Buhari in 2019? What can he do in the next 4 years that he has laid a good foundation for already? Please convince me. Copied from Jumoke awolade.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by festacman(m): 11:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
bendike:

mumu
You disagree with me but you seem incapable of articulating your opinion. Sorry. Not my fault.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 15, 2018
[quote author=swazy85 post=73853605][/quote]

what drives an economy is revenues from GNP & taxations .
money in foreign reserve as per nigeria are genetated from sales of crude oil ... mayb you were expectin to hear GEJ did, that will be the dumbest assumption for 2018 c/d.
No individual or ghost can boast of generating nigeria revenue, our crude oil we sell n we fully depend on it, govt go! govt come!crude oil remains.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Mikkyspatt02(m): 12:11am On Dec 15, 2018
yjgm:
The man with the blunt truth. I so much adore you Mr President. That's my C in C. PMB till 2
Ipade di ojo ibo
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by NAMAS(m): 12:16am On Dec 15, 2018
festacman:

be unto you according to words
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:23am On Dec 15, 2018
kumakunta:

But other people’s father built house during that regime and a lot of people are still buying new cars in this regime. I know this very well because I work for a very big insurance company.

Your granny didn’t also tell you we had no better option between Buhari and GEJ , same thing is happening now between Buhari and Atiku . But Atiku kleptomaniac attitude towards the nations asset and treasury is the reason millions of people won’t be voting him .

I never heard people say " For this Jonathan Regime?"
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Yankee101: 12:35am On Dec 15, 2018
Kick him out

Anyone who does not know that a Buhari second term is a death sentence for alot of Nigerians might find themselves being a victim
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by kumakunta: 12:46am On Dec 15, 2018
SpecialAdviser:

I never heard people say " For this Jonathan Regime?"
But I heard people say ‘ My brother things hard ‘ ‘My brother he no go better for our government ‘ ‘My brother money no dey outside ‘
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by knowledgeable: 1:05am On Dec 15, 2018
Mysteryque:
President Muhammadu Buhari has, Friday, warned governors and other leaders in the country to brace up for tougher times ahead, especially as regards the economy and infrastructural development of the country, saying things will be harder than before.

President Buhari gave the statement in a message to the 36 state governors during a closed-door meeting with them in Abuja.

The president’s message was made known to newsmen by the Governors’ Forum, Gov. Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara shortly after the meeting.

According to the governor, president Buhari also told them that the country’s economy is in bad shape, challenging them to brace up on way forward to salvaging the dwindling economy.

According to him, “Mr President, as usual, responded by telling us that the economy is in a bad shape and we have to come together and think and rethink on way forward.

“So, Mr President talked to us in the manner that we have a task ahead of us. So, we should tighten our belts and see how we can put Nigerian economy in the right direction and how we can address the nation’s infrastructural decay.

“So, all of us as leaders, especially those that are coming to the National Assembly and those coming back as governors and the president who will be re-elected by God grace, we should not think that things are going to be easy.

“They are going to be harder than before, this was the message of Mr President.’’

On the meeting of the National Economic Council, the governor disclosed that the Council deliberated extensively on new ways state governments could generate additional revenues for speedy economic growth and development.

Source: http://www.nigerianeye.com/2018/12/things-will-be-harder-than-before.html?m=1

He just detailed the "Next level" for us...
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Ziluxger: 1:50am On Dec 15, 2018
maybachmusic:
Nhmmm

This comment can chase away thousands of investors

Bubuari always misfiring
This is the kind of thing Peter Obi was referring to when he said "Locking your shop because you are chasing a criminal is a bad economic policy".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FFK: Alex Badeh Had 4 Security Men With Him When He Was Assassinated / Fayose Responds To Second Impeachment Question / #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.