Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders (39986 Views)

Shuaibu Audu Prostrates Before President Tinubu / In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp / Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Cantonese: 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mysteryque:
President Muhammadu Buhari has, Friday, warned governors and other leaders in the country to brace up for tougher times ahead, especially as regards the economy and infrastructural development of the country, saying things will be harder than before.

President Buhari gave the statement in a message to the 36 state governors during a closed-door meeting with them in Abuja.

The president’s message was made known to newsmen by the Governors’ Forum, Gov. Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara shortly after the meeting.

According to the governor, president Buhari also told them that the country’s economy is in bad shape, challenging them to brace up on way forward to salvaging the dwindling economy.

According to him, “Mr President, as usual, responded by telling us that the economy is in a bad shape and we have to come together and think and rethink on way forward.

“So, Mr President talked to us in the manner that we have a task ahead of us. So, we should tighten our belts and see how we can put Nigerian economy in the right direction and how we can address the nation’s infrastructural decay.

“So, all of us as leaders, especially those that are coming to the National Assembly and those coming back as governors and the president who will be re-elected by God grace, we should not think that things are going to be easy.

“They are going to be harder than before, this was the message of Mr President.’’

On the meeting of the National Economic Council, the governor disclosed that the Council deliberated extensively on new ways state governments could generate additional revenues for speedy economic growth and development.

Source: http://www.nigerianeye.com/2018/12/things-will-be-harder-than-before.html?m=1

If 'change' brought us to this point, where will 'next level' take Nigerians? The president's message has warned everyone to vote him and his group out. He eats well, his family eats well, the governors and political leaders eat and sleep well, yet the man who stands in the sun to vote them in has no hope for a better future. We are tired of bad policies, body language, etc. Please let us have our peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by lexy2014: 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mccullum:
Harder for looters, and for the governors to get ready to work, legislators should prepare for genuine legislation duty without expecting bribes from executive...

In Buhari I trust,
Buhari till 2023.

"He said: “Mr President, as usual, responded by telling us that [b]the economy is in a bad shape [/b]and we have to come together and think and rethink on way forward."
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Evercurious(f): 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
maybachmusic:
Nhmmm

This comment can chase away thousands of investors

Bubuari always misfiring

He has already chased them all
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Adefemiaderoju1: 7:40pm On Dec 14, 2018
How many times are we going to repeat the same thing that buhari lack the brain power to lead Nigeria into promise land only a return to regional government or Nigeria break up is the only solution to this problem we are facing in this country

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Nathdoug(m): 7:41pm On Dec 14, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
This is what past greedy leaders has caused us. Buhari is not the cause of this.... He was just unfortunate to be elected after the "I DON'T CARE" ones left... May God help Nigeria
shut up your mouth..
You are just a chronic Zombie

2 Likes

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Evercurious(f): 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
humilitypays:
Some days ago, I said it here that I foresee another recession should Buhari win.

Go through my profile, I created a thread to predict Buhari's government and how its going to be years back, but people think its a joke.

Nigeria will slid into another recession if Buhari wins in 2019.

Yorubas should wake up, this is not about superiority fight, this is about our collective livelihood and future.

If Buhari could step down for Osinbajo to continue, believe me, Osinbajo will do a better job

AND the silly man WON'T step down...NEVER..
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by festacman(m): 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
lexy2014:

This week, there was a report that d NDDC is paying wizkid 30m 2 perform in a charity concert in PH. If NDDC with all d problems in d Niger delta can afford 2 hire wizkid 4a concert, then what makes u think there's no "free money" 2 share?
There have been reports of many things that are true revently. So take certain reports with a generous pinch of salt.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by MetaPhysical: 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2018
ZKOSOSO:
Bad. Badder. Baddest.....!

Already Worse economy bracing up for Worst Economy...!

.....Buhari is a BADNEWS...!

NEXT LEVEL SUFFERING.....Loading..!

Ode! Even in US, their economists have issued alarm for the next three years as a downtime forecast and gave headsup for people to start tightening their belt. This is not a leadership issue, it is global, regardless of who is presiding.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Mbediogu(m): 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2018
Serves us right! In retrospect, would it not have been better if we had allowed the dog and baboon to bled than to find us in this mess?
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by eluquenson(m): 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2018
God why did you give us dullard as a leader.

Se Ogun laiye ni

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by donnie(m): 7:50pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:

What progress have state governors of the current "unrestructured" Nigeria done with the resources at their disposal. Are they not the same set of people who will manage the emerging entities from restructuring. Change of mindset of leaders first before restructuring.

Forget that "mindset" lie you guys tried to sell... It aint working. Set the structure right, then their minds will revolve around how best to work within that structure.

The current structure actually supports over dependence on the central for revenue. Even when you speak of IGR of states, you're referring to taxes and levies etc; nothing said about GDP. And I don't blame you, it's the way the current structure has programmed you to think.

A government that is programmed to spend and keep spending. No motivation to produce or invest in technology or human capital development. No one cares about the future; it's how much money they can steal, after all it's government money. And that's why they'd kill to get into office.

3 Likes

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2018
I REJECT IT!....

this dumb/redundant harbinger of suffering and hopelessness is at it again!

THINGS WILL BE HARD FOR YOU AND YOUR FELLOW ALMAJIRIS/ASS LICKERS!...IRREDEEMABLE SADIST!
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by bayelsaowei(m): 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:
Of course it will never be business as usual. Going forward , the era of free money is gone. EFCC will be more active.

Governors should be ready to look inward to boost IGR and use state money for infrastructural development. NASS members should be ready to make sacrifice.

Nation building is a serious business that requires discipline, hardwork, shrewd management of resources , selflessness and dedication.
whilst the parasitic system of bleeding the Niger delta dry to feed every body continues right?? Nonsense.. where would the IGR come from ?? Where are the jobs and businesses ?? Answer me ...

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by kanubiafra: 7:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
StillX10:
Our president has given up, he has no hope,
he thrown us into a mess and now he is so pessimistic about our future,
he has no assuarance of our survival, he needs to be booted out
don't blame the man from sudan, his wife said two anonymous men are to blame

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by chuckjonesbaba(m): 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
Uchenaija:
Lord how did we end up with this man

Tribal sentiment in voting

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by eneyoduke(m): 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
God block dis Jibrin from winning even with massive rigging.... Amen
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by GreatrAnalyst: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
Cluelessness has spoken...let him who hath ears perceive what the time is expressing.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by excel101(m): 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:
Of course it will never be business as usual. Going forward , the era of free money is gone. EFCC will be more active.

Governors should be ready to look inward to boost IGR and use state money for infrastructural development. NASS members should be ready to make sacrifice.

Nation building is a serious business that requires discipline, hardwork, shrewd management of resources , selflessness and dedication.
Foolish talk, ask your self what the president did to improve the economy in his almost 4yrs in office other than victimizing the opposition party thinking he's fighting corruption. leadership is not all about fighting corruption, rather improving the economy. Nigerians should watch it, cos he has just said the things will be tougher
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by arrestdarrester: 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
Next Level reloading...

Nigerians shine your eyes, shine them well well Ooo
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by mank1234(m): 8:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:

This is different from what your oga said. That speech doesn't inspire confidence.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by kanubiafra: 8:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
MetaPhysical:

Ode! Even in US, their economists have issued alarm for the next three years as a downtime forecast and gave headsup for people to start tightening their belt. This is not a leadership issue, it is global, regardless of who is presiding.

full of shi.t how you guys still playing defensive, parking the bus yet you just need one goal to qualify. you still keep conceeding more goals and even scoring own goals for almost four years

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by arrestdarrester: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
This is what past greedy leaders has caused us. Buhari is not the cause of this.... He was just unfortunate to be elected after the "I DON'T CARE" ones left... May God help Nigeria

May God help you and cure you of the 'broom spell' cast on you.

This guy has borrowed over N10 trillion and we are still worse off than where we were in 2014 and you are still blaming past leaders? Are you okay?

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Alao96(m): 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
I knew this man will not summount to anything good..but naija peeps no dy learn.fela warn una..una no hear..una dey like the proverbial dog wey dy go back home chop e own shit... the answer now is REVOLUTION.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 14, 2018
This mean say na die we dey inside...

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by mank1234(m): 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
Jonegonu:
The massage is clear. Don't just sit down there think of what to do to earn a living. Long live pmb long live the federal republic of Nigeria

Restructure no way
Devolve power no way
Is it only the state government that are not doing enough to generate income?
What is the federal government doing to generate funds other that turn non-revenue generating agancies to cow milk. From FRSC to JAMB.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by shineeye1: 8:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mysteryque:
President Muhammadu Buhari has, Friday, warned governors and other leaders in the country to brace up for tougher times ahead, especially as regards the economy and infrastructural development of the country, saying things will be harder than before.

President Buhari gave the statement in a message to the 36 state governors during a closed-door meeting with them in Abuja.

The president’s message was made known to newsmen by the Governors’ Forum, Gov. Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara shortly after the meeting.

According to the governor, president Buhari also told them that the country’s economy is in bad shape, challenging them to brace up on way forward to salvaging the dwindling economy.

According to him, “Mr President, as usual, responded by telling us that the economy is in a bad shape and we have to come together and think and rethink on way forward.

“So, Mr President talked to us in the manner that we have a task ahead of us. So, we should tighten our belts and see how we can put Nigerian economy in the right direction and how we can address the nation’s infrastructural decay.

“So, all of us as leaders, especially those that are coming to the National Assembly and those coming back as governors and the president who will be re-elected by God grace, we should not think that things are going to be easy.

“They are going to be harder than before, this was the message of Mr President.’’

On the meeting of the National Economic Council, the governor disclosed that the Council deliberated extensively on new ways state governments could generate additional revenues for speedy economic growth and development.

Source: http://www.nigerianeye.com/2018/12/things-will-be-harder-than-before.html?m=1

God forbid for your badhead badluck government! Never Again!! Straight to Daura with your message of doom
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by elderken(m): 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Fellow Nigerians kindly expect NEXT LEVEL HARDSHIP, poverty, hunger, ritual killing and job loss if this guy wins next year. Lobatan , he has said it. How did someone who couldn't increase his cow, come to lead a nation.
Mysteryque:

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by captianfreeman(m): 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
When would anything cheering come out of Bubu mouth?
Is like this man is an architect of hardship.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by gidjah(m): 8:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
Something remarkable happened last week I visited the village.

My friend gave me his car to drive home from Lagos as my car was in bad shape. His car is an SUV more tushed than my Toyota corrola.

Reaching home, old granny came out and welcomed me like everyone. My aunty asked me if the new car is mine.

I snapped and asked rhetorically " FOR THIS BUHARI REGIME?".

My granny started laughing non stop. I was embarrassed and questioned why she laughing.
She told me dats exactly what my dad told her in 1984 when she asked when he will complete his house project. She laughed and said Nigerians will never learn. A man that made history with the statement came back to repeat history again.

I couldn't speak again.
wao !!!!!! This is epic , the mam has pretty made history all over the world .The now Demon of hardship and bad luck
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Mrceragem: 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
Yes past leaders caused it but you guys voted him to ameliorate the issue.
Rather than ameliorating the challenges He made it worse. Repeating same mistake he made in 1983

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by festacman(m): 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
excel101:
Foolish talk, ask your self what the president did to improve the economy in his almost 4yrs in office other than victimizing the opposition party thinking he's fighting corruption. leadership is not all about fighting corruption, rather improving the economy. Nigerians should watch it, cos he has just said the things will be tougher

You improve the economy by using the earnings of the economy to increase the capacity of the economy to earn more earnings. You can't improve the economy if the earnings are consistently stolen.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Bizibi(m): 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
yjgm:
The man with the blunt truth. I so much adore you Mr President. That's my C in C. PMB till 2023
smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FFK: Alex Badeh Had 4 Security Men With Him When He Was Assassinated / Fayose Responds To Second Impeachment Question / Soldiers Kill Kareowei, Dreaded Militant Leader Who Killed UK Man In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.