Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders (39990 Views)

Shuaibu Audu Prostrates Before President Tinubu / In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp / Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by swazy85: 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
The economy will finally collapse,because of this statement, because the remaining foreign investors will fold up and leave the country, no hope for the investors. If you are into forex trending you will understand what am saying,because this is a bad negative economic news for the Nigerian economy, up till today no one want to asked why did Nigeria went into recession, it is because of negative statement from the president,that makes the forigen and local investors to relocate to other nation,as a result there was an increase at the unemployment rate, a good government no matter how bad the economy of it nation is,they can never make public,it will only know to the inner members, because they don't want to instigate painic to the investors.

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by festacman(m): 8:33pm On Dec 14, 2018
bayelsaowei:
whilst the parasitic system of bleeding the Niger delta dry to feed every body continues right?? Nonsense.. where would the IGR come from ?? Where are the jobs and businesses ?? Answer me ...
That's the whole essence of diversification into agriculture, mining, etc
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by lexy2014: 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:

There have been reports of many things that are true revently. So take certain reports with a generous pinch of salt.

Don't no what u mean by "true recently". Maybe a typo error. But can u refute d story?
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Bizibi(m): 8:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
lexy2014:

But he put himself up 4 election promising 2 fix what "past greedy leaders caused". D man just admitted that he couldn't fulfill his promise since 2015 and he won't b able 2do so in d future taking into cognisance that he also inherited assets from d past greedy leaders. D question is y is he still seeking reelection?
I just pity Nigerians,that old man just messed up saying that rubbish,after seeing the nation's debt and the numerous propaganda of the fg spending so and so billions then a month before elections he's telling us to brace up for part two of the hardship.....well,I think is better to log out if he comes back,Nigerians will be on their own.

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Kingphenome(m): 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:
Of course it will never be business as usual. Going forward , the era of free money is gone. EFCC will be more active.

Governors should be ready to look inward to boost IGR and use state money for infrastructural development. NASS members should be ready to make sacrifice.

Nation building is a serious business that requires discipline, hardwork, shrewd management of resources , selflessness and dedication.
The level of your gullibility is beyond worse,are you this oblivious that jubril and apc govt doesn't have anything to offer Nigerians,why blabbing here,this hardship that is being talked about, you think the political elites in power are suffering from this,the masses are the ones suffering.When and where did you hear that a minister or presidential aide,or even a legislator's monthly allowances/salary is reduced.Are you aware of the amount spent by apc on recent governorship elections on vote buying and rigging of elections.Why are some people just bent on being deplorably ludicrous,ignorant despite the fact that you are exposed to what is happening around you...At this point there are two things deduced from this nonsensical post of yours,it is either you are a politician under the apc aegis,or you are one ignorant,senseless 5000k benefiary of this govt

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by herich(m): 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2018
Buhari is a man of bad luck, misfortune.
Hardship is what you get when your leader/buhari is cursed.

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by festacman(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
Kingphenome:
The level of your gullibility is beyond worse,are you this oblivious that jubril and apc govt doesn't have anything to offer Nigerians,why blabbing here,this hardship that is being talked about, you think the political elites in power are suffering from this,the masses are the ones suffering.When and where did you hear that a minister or presidential aide,or even a legislator's monthly allowances/salary is reduced.Are you aware of the amount spent by apc on recent governorship elections on vote buying and rigging of elections.Why are some people just bent on being deplorably ludicrous,ignorant despite the fact that you are exposed to what is happening around you...At this point there are two things deduced from this nonsensical post of yours,it is either you are a politician under the apc aegis,or you are one ignorant,senseless 5000k benefiary of this govt
The tone of your write-up have clearly shown you lack capacity to debate.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by festacman(m): 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2018
lexy2014:

Don't no what u mean by "true recently". Maybe a typo error. But can u refute d story?
It's a serious typo. Thanks for understanding.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by zinizta: 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2018
Firgemachar:
Restructuring is the only way forward!

Corruption will then fizzle out automatically!!

funniest post of 2018
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
Something remarkable happened last week I visited the village.

My friend gave me his car to drive home from Lagos as my car was in bad shape. His car is an SUV more tushed than my Toyota corrola.

Reaching home, old granny came out and welcomed me like everyone. My aunty asked me if the new car is mine.

I snapped and asked rhetorically " FOR THIS BUHARI REGIME?".

My granny started laughing non stop. I was embarrassed and questioned why she laughing.
She told me dats exactly what my dad told her in 1984 when she asked when he will complete his house project. She laughed and said Nigerians will never learn. A man that made history with the statement came back to repeat history again.

I couldn't speak again.

ALOL!! .... i hope ur gullible fans presents you an award for these tales by moonlight ..
buhari regime lasted less than 2yrs ... so whats ur father xcuse for not building a villa or mansion after.
if life av bin so good since buhari left in 1985 ,femi kuti wonnt sing sorry 4 nigerians , eedris wonnt drop nigeria jaga jaga ,blackface wonnt released hard life ... i bet ur grandma does not know all those songs .
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Donfembak: 8:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
yjgm:
The man with the blunt truth. I so much adore you Mr President. That's my C in C. PMB till 2023
#pmb #pmb 2019 is sure

1 Like

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Just2endowed2(m): 8:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
gurunlocker:
BMCs won't see this now....

One of the thing that Nigerians will surely taste when this man is reelected is increase in pump price next year.

I was going to say this because this is what I forsee. Buhari is Indirectly telling us he's going to increase fuel prices.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Kingphenome(m): 8:55pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:

The tone of your write-up have clearly shown you lack capacity to debate.
I actually did not have intent for any debate initially.Only what baffles me is the 'I go endure till I die'nature of some Nigerians,with the level of hardship being experienced in the country,and the collosal/immense rate at which the nation's treasury is spent for personal gains of the APC,the one sided anti corruption fight,the nepotism in the appointment of key political officers,the control of the efcc,the collapse of the educational system,the killings here and there,the incessant level of suicides,the uncertainty of the identity of the president and many more,i see no reason why a sane Nigerian would utter such statement,are you really born to suffer that you embrace it with such enthusiasm?
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by lexy2014: 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2018
ericsmith:

ALOL!! .... i hope ur gullible fans presents you an award for these tales by moonlight ..
buhari regime lasted less than 2yrs ... so whats ur father xcuse for not building a villa or mansion after.
if life av bin so good since buhari left in 1985 ,femi kuti wonnt sing sorry 4 nigerians , eedris wonnt drop nigeria jaga jaga ,blackface wonnt released hard life ... i bet ur grandma does not know all those songs .

Dude there are a million & one ways 2 make ur point without disrespecting his family

2 Likes

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by nobilie: 9:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
Leaders lead by instilling confidence in his followers. If a leader is focused, this will help mould the followers. Buhari, I don't know what kind of a leader he is.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Reference(m): 9:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
At least he admits the economy is in a bad shape. The economy he has been managing as the CEO for the past 4 years or so. Exactly when will the Board of Directors and shareholders begin to demand results and hold him to account. Certainly before their investments dwindle to penny stock status.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Firgemachar: 9:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
lexy2014:

Really? How does restructuring cure corruption?

Do you spend free money like you spend hard earned money

Free money from the centre is the cause of our corruption problems.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Jowanson: 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
Well the NEXT LEVEL TO HARDSHIP has finally been unveiled..... Cos the APC never told us what the next level is....It is now finally confirmed...I hope the buharist are seeing and hearing the statement coming from their oga....they are seeing the danger ahead and they want to mortgage yet another 4 years of this....I hope they can open their eyes and see clearly...We need to get Nigeria working again...I AM ATIKULATED OBIDIENTLY!
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Reference(m): 9:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
nobilie:
Leaders lead by instilling confidence in his followers. If a leader is focused, this will help mould the followers. Buhari, I don't know what kind of a leader he is.

Like the kind heading Manchester United presently...blaming everyone except himself...
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Firgemachar: 9:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
maisauki:
Stop masturbating

Aboooki, free money from the centre will come to an end willy nilly.
Tell your state government to start preparing for the rainy day.

You shouldn't and can't be a parasite forever.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by jconsulting(f): 9:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
No body should blame the president if things are harder next year, same way they promised change that turn to pain Next level is Next suffering ,he is using style to tell you now ,if this man wins next election the only living thing that will benefit are the fishes because people go dey jump into lagoon on a daily basis
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by bayelsaowei(m): 9:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:

That's the whole essence of diversification into agriculture, mining, etc
diversification gibberish .. there would be no diversification until respective regions or states manage their own resources... other than that we remain where we are till we all die of foolishness and hunger in this northern ridden useless country..

Have you critically looked at your president that preaches diversification but yet cant leave crude oil alone..??.. let each state manage what they have.. nonsense
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
swazy85:
The economy will finally collapse,because of this statement, because the remaining foreign investors will fold up and leave the country, no hope for the investors. If you are into forex trending you will understand what am saying,because this is a bad negative economic news for the Nigerian economy, up till today no one want to asked why did Nigeria went into recession, it is because of negative statement from the president,that makes the forigen and local investors to relocate to other nation,as a result there was an increase at the unemployment rate, a good government no matter how bad the economy of it nation is,they can never make public,it will only know to the inner members, because they don't want to instigate painic to the investors.

you can sit indoor n decieve ursef all day ... you talk so much about forex but av little or no understanding of how the economy works becos if you do, you should know nigeria plunged to recession becos of reckless spending on re current expenditures, foreign reserves were looted dry , dollars were flying around ... we spend as we earn no savings ... okonjo iweala even warned of looming recession .. if buhari speech dip nigeria into recession then whose speech brought us out ... we all know buhari did not retract his statement.
nigeria policies are very suitable & accomodating for foreign investors that as not changed ... what scares away investors are political instability ..
most of the dollars that were blown out in 2015 are yet to find there way back into the economy ..
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Jowanson: 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2018
humilitypays:
Some days ago, I said it here that I foresee another recession should Buhari win.

Go through my profile, I created a thread to predict Buhari's government and how its going to be years back, but people think its a joke.

Nigeria will slid into another recession if Buhari wins in 2019.

Yorubas should wake up, this is not about superiority fight, this is about our collective livelihood and future.

If Buhari could step down for Osinbajo to continue, believe me, Osinbajo will do a better job

The truth is most Yoruba supporting Buhari are doing it on the party line and not on the real issues.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Ayatullah(m): 9:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mysteryque:
President Muhammadu Buhari has, Friday, warned governors and other leaders in the country to brace up for tougher times ahead, especially as regards the economy and infrastructural development of the country, saying things will be harder than before.

President Buhari gave the statement in a message to the 36 state governors during a closed-door meeting with them in Abuja.

The president’s message was made known to newsmen by the Governors’ Forum, Gov. Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara shortly after the meeting.

According to the governor, president Buhari also told them that the country’s economy is in bad shape, challenging them to brace up on way forward to salvaging the dwindling economy.

According to him, “Mr President, as usual, responded by telling us that the economy is in a bad shape and we have to come together and think and rethink on way forward.

“So, Mr President talked to us in the manner that we have a task ahead of us. So, we should tighten our belts and see how we can put Nigerian economy in the right direction and how we can address the nation’s infrastructural decay.

“So, all of us as leaders, especially those that are coming to the National Assembly and those coming back as governors and the president who will be re-elected by God grace, we should not think that things are going to be easy.

“They are going to be harder than before, this was the message of Mr President.’’

On the meeting of the National Economic Council, the governor disclosed that the Council deliberated extensively on new ways state governments could generate additional revenues for speedy economic growth and development.

Source: http://www.nigerianeye.com/2018/12/things-will-be-harder-than-before.html?m=1

Atikú reee ooo! Àtíkù gbàwá.

Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by festacman(m): 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Kingphenome:
I actually did not have intent for any debate initially.Only what baffles me is the 'I go endure till I die'nature of some Nigerians,with the level of hardship being experienced in the country,and the collosal/immense rate at which the nation's treasury is spent for personal gains of the APC,the one sided anti corruption fight,the nepotism in the appointment of key political officers,the control of the efcc,the collapse of the educational system,the killings here and there,the incessant level of suicides,the uncertainty of the identity of the president and many more,i see no reason why a sane Nigerian would utter such statement,are you really born to suffer that you embrace it with such enthusiasm?
Naturally like you I desire good things of life. However, my stand is that if we must rebuild this country, we must be ready to make sacrifice in lieu of our past passiveness in interrogating governments in power. Of course I know we differ on Buhari but at least we agree that Nigeria needs to be better than it is today.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by tiredoflife(m): 9:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:
Of course it will never be business as usual. Going forward , the era of free money is gone. EFCC will be more active.

Governors should be ready to look inward to boost IGR and use state money for infrastructural development. NASS members should be ready to make sacrifice.

Nation building is a serious business that requires discipline, hardwork, shrewd management of resources , selflessness and dedication.

On behalf of the good people of festac town
We reject u and donate u to people in mushin angry
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
In time of trouble, a good leader should offer encouraging words to the people he is ruling. I'm so amazed at the level of meanness from this man and his cohorts
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by festacman(m): 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
tiredoflife:

On behalf of the good people of festac town We reject u and donate u to people in mushin angry
I refuse to go Mushin but I will consider Atlantic city. Ha ha!
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Malawian(m): 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
Haa Kpie Chie -- Progress. grin grin
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by Friend01(m): 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2018
StillX10:
Our president has given up, he has no hope,
he thrown us into a mess and now he is so pessimistic about our future,
he has no assuarance of our survival, he needs to be booted out

He is only saying the truth, but we don't want to hear it because we have been so used to lies.
This is one reason I like Buhari he does not pretend when he knows pretending does not help.

I am not holding brief for him here, but I think he underestimated the enormity of the task before his coming into office which I think to a large extent contributed in no small way to the economic crisis we are battling with.

To me, I feel rather, I have this hunch that Buhari is still our best bet for now based on what I feel he can still salvage in this country due to some slow and steady progress we have made in some sectors.
Re: Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders by supaphlymee(m): 9:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
festacman:

Oga shut up and stop sugarcoating everything... Na must make we mumu like you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FFK: Alex Badeh Had 4 Security Men With Him When He Was Assassinated / Amosun Reads News With Kemi Ewedairo Yusuph, Sings Out As Governor Of Ogun / Fayose Responds To Second Impeachment Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.